Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border (48039 Views)

First Batch Of Stranded Nigerians In Sudan Arrive Abuja (Video, Photos) / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Toni Iwobi: I Will Deport Nigerians, Africans Without Papers In Italy" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Gamesmart: 9:14am On Feb 27, 2022
Nwodosis:
Tribalism that is deep rooted in us is worst than racism! We don't have moral justification to complain of racism. Children and women of a particular tribe in Nigeria were almost wiped out with hunger in a war due to tribalistic hatred. That same tribe can't rule the country nor be allowed to have their independent nation, their offence being their tribe.

Search your conscience if you want to quote me.

Thank you, my brother.

All of a sudden, black monkeys want to take a moral high ground while they stand on a platform of moral shiiit!
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Gamesmart: 9:18am On Feb 27, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
Loud it...Nigerians are the most stupid people on earth. People were killed in the east but Nooo Putin this,putin that..Misplaced set of ediots. Now they are shouting racist here.. This is just the beginning

And one of the kings of stupidity in Nigeria, who is at the top of the "food chain", is describing himself. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

See the fooool: https://www.nairaland.com/7001088/canadian-police-kill-latjor-tuel/6#110589815
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by KoshCAD: 9:21am On Feb 27, 2022
Reflect7:

Nigerians suffer from racial inferiority complex which makes them believe that ANY 'white' or lighter skinned country 'must be better than Nigeria'. They rarely bother to research where it is they are going. Their only 'research' is to ascertain the skin colour of the people there. If it is white or yellow, off they go.

I mean, you have Nigerians in war-torn Libya today, working as slaves in fields. They never bothered to research the situation there before travelling.
Shut up. Ukraine is 1000 ways better than your folking Nigeria. If not for what just happened now, did you say such rubbish last year.

I am sure if this same thing happens to Canada today, you mugu will say your dead country is better than Canada.

The war battling you people in your nigeria is worst than the one Ukrainians are facing.
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Gamesmart: 9:21am On Feb 27, 2022
kolnel:
very sad
It is very disheartening what the black race faces everywhere.
so much discrimination and prejudice.
you just have to be tough to be a black man

Na dem fault be that.

Me I say: Na dem fault be that.

When majority of people in a race are just dumb and the world can see it, people everywhere will not respect or value them.

Can you see how majority of NLers are reetarded?
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Gamesmart: 9:22am On Feb 27, 2022
Samson0599:
See them talking about racism. Which racism is worse than the one practiced here on Nairaland.

Thank you!
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by KoshCAD: 9:25am On Feb 27, 2022
Deffjam:
Mr Man keep quiet....... Ukrainians first before any body.....use your head.
Don't mind him. He wants ukraine to care about other before their own.

Every nation is not as foolish as Nigeria
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 27, 2022
KoshCAD:
Shut up. Ukraine is 1000 ways better than your folking Nigeria. If not for what just happened now, did you say such rubbish last year.

I am sure if this same thing happens to Canada today, you mugu will say your dead country is better than Canada.

The war battling you people in your nigeria is worst than the one Ukrainians are facing.

Are you Nigerian?
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by richie240: 9:32am On Feb 27, 2022
franchasng:
Foolish Nigerians shouting racism, but tribalism is their morning breakfast.

Tribalism won't allow them support an Igbo person to become President.
Nearly all of u reason d same way. The more reason I rarely read your (plural) posts. It almost always defy logic. (I nor no wetin even make me read/respond to u sef).

Tilumbu has bn codedly out in d open about his desire since 2020, Atiku too has not hidden his desire. How many of u have shown their desire for it talk less of consulting far and wide as tilumbu and atiku have bn doing? None!
The typical peter obis and co of ds world sit in d comfy of their homes and wish others do it for them, or better still hope that an atiku will choose them as VP candidate.

Tribalism made Buhari not to appoint Igbos into key political positions for 8 good years.
Another foolísh lie!
We know say if una never get everything una nor dey satisfy.

B4 una rebel 4 1966, na only una dey control over 80% of the key posts for nigeria, from IGP to chief of army staff to chief of naval staff etc but una still nor dey satisfied, so it is understandable if una tork say pmb nor give una anytin:
vvvvvv
https://www.nairaland.com/6887471/north-should-knees-begging-igbo/4#108349649

Tribalism made Buhari to push some Igbo youths into massively supporting IPOB and asking to secede from Nigeria.
Weyrey! grin grin
So d tribalism made d ipob yuuts to be kirring their elders and kings.
The tribalism made dem start kirring and 'cannibalizing' their fellow Igbo's.
The tribalism made the ipob yuuts make d southeast a danger zone.
Pmb's tribalism made them kirr akunyili.

Tribalism has destroyed Nigeria and still destroying it but Nigerians are rather screaming racism, Mumu people.
Says d most tribalized ppl in Nigeria.
When e favor una na democracy, if not na tribalism

Some Yorubas here swear by their family name that an Igbo person will never rule Nigeria yet they expect Nigeria to become prosperous and they are also condemning racism, is it not madness?
Hehehehe......have y'all not said over ur dead body that tilumbu-a yoloba person- shd rule over u?
Have y'all not bn saying dt instead of power to Go to sw that it had rather remain in d north?
This is hypocrisy in y'all.
Just like I said above, when u say it to others, na ''democracy/freedom of speech", but when others say d same tin to u na "tribalism"

!moreover, yoloba nor be una plobrem, na d whole of Nigeria, esp d north.
If all d yolobas decide to support u and d north goes d other way, na still zero for una.
Right now as we speak, the se (for obvious reasons) is d least marketable political commodity in Nigeria, so don't hide behind yoloba to deflect ur failure.

No Nigerian have the moral right to complain of racism because Nigerians are the hallmark of tribalism which is worst than racism.
For this we country, na una teach everybody tribalism; from 1966 even till date.
Jisike o!
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by faste: 9:41am On Feb 27, 2022
kolnel:
very sad
It is very disheartening what the black race faces everywhere.
so much discrimination and prejudice.
you just have to be tough to be a black man
Even in their own country , black people do not fare any better..tribalism is worst than racism..
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by shinealight(m): 9:47am On Feb 27, 2022
Nwodosis:
Tribalism that is deep rooted in us is worst than racism! We don't have moral justification to complain of racism. Children and women of a particular tribe in Nigeria were almost wiped out with hunger in a war due to tribalistic hatred. That same tribe can't rule the country nor be allowed to have their independent nation, their offence being their tribe.

It would not be correct to say their offence is simply their tribe. What is it about their tribe that stands out so negatively to make people be averse or antagonistic towards them?….to the point of not wanting to associate or co-exist with them? There is absolutely Nothing!

So, one cannot subscribe to the notion that it simply has to do with their “tribe”. Could the problem be traced to a domineering mindset or other attitudinal faults when relating to other groups within the multi-cultural setting? One cannot but wonder about this!
However, the earlier the real issue is identified and genuinely addressed, the better for everyone!

In the 1950s and early 1960s, all the tribes were co-existing as brothers and sisters without any issues. Nnamdi Azikiwe’s NCNC once won an election in the Western region even though people knew he was Igbo. So, what happened afterwards that led to mutual aversion among the tribes?
Anyway, one cannot compare such ‘tribalism’ based on ‘attitudinal fault lines’ to RACISM which simply dislikes or rejects purely on the colour of one’s skin, be you king, gentile or even a Saint!
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Kayharry(m): 9:50am On Feb 27, 2022
Judolisco:
U dey blame African leaders again for Ukraine? Many of u went there because u thought their system was perfect.... Dis is clear racism... But instead of calling out d Poland government... we must always find the opening to bring in our leaders....

If our leaders have done the right to make africa liveable no one will run to europe or america for greener pasture.
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by M3A16(m): 9:52am On Feb 27, 2022
Ah God! African leaders throughout the african continent should learn from this horrible scenario and team up to stand so firmly against all odds and make sure the continent develops, contains and takes care of its inhabitants and as result choice to jet to other countries for any reason for Africans will become solely an individual decision and not drive by sorrow state of our continent or country as it is presently.
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Dabbey: 9:55am On Feb 27, 2022
Until we save ourselves from RELIGION ENSLAVEMENT We will never save ourselves from inferiority Complex and low esteem. Our problems is self made..EDUCATED ILLITERATE, TRIBAL BIGOT,OUTDATED CULTURAL PRACTICES...WHAT A SHAME
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Kelvin3476: 9:59am On Feb 27, 2022
Nwodosis:

ITS BETTER I GET RACIAL ABUSE OUT THERE THAN TRIBALISTIC ABUSE DOWN HERE
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Malawian(m): 10:00am On Feb 27, 2022
That Nzekiev is one stupid Igbo guy demonizing everything IPOB on Twitter. Fool even claims he is based in the east. So he was in Ukraine all along, but having strong opinions on what he knows nothing about?
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 27, 2022
Ojukwu & Zelensky. You want to know what these two clowns have in common? They both led their people into a needless senseless war where they stood no chance of winning. The 67' Ojukwu misadventure and miscalculation as it is been replicated by Zelensky is obvious for all to see. You don't gamble with human lives.

Zelensky dragged Ukrainians into this war banking on NATO support. Well I will rather bank on my Strength when it a matter of life & Death for my Family and Country men.

Anybody calling Ojukwu a Hero is a fool. Do you even realize that that Selfish man got reinstated into the Nigeria Army and all his outstanding pensions and Gratuity were paid to him? He even Ran for Nigerian Presidency at one time. This is not made up. This is how low Ojukwu went to reveal that he was a coward and a selfish man.

Millions Died because of the believe they had in Ojukwu and somehow he came back to get monetary reward from the Nigerian government. That's an insult to every Biafran dead or alive. Funny thing is I don't even see Igbos having a problem with this behavior of his. Can you even rationalize this? A true believer will never Accept money from Nigerian Government or even accept that his ranks be restored and his promotion effected. Ojukwu and Zelensky; 2 Clowns Different times.

Nwodosis:

1 Like

Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by goodnija: 10:19am On Feb 27, 2022
IgweOfNnewi:
This is appalling and unacceptable, so they subjected and exposed 2 months old baby to unnecessary avoidable human degradation and vulnerability, what nonsense is this.
If you are a male 18 - 60 and leaving- you are a fool. The country provided you shelter, support and system to thrive at the sight of problem you take to to ur heels. You are a disgrace and should go back and fight.
You ran from Nigerian to Ukraine and now running again, what is your purpose in life?
I just do not like how we think. Take arm and support them.
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by goodnija: 10:25am On Feb 27, 2022
Yeyeoldman:
Ojukwu & Zelensky. You want to know what these two clowns have in common? They both led their people into a needless senseless war where they stood no chance of winning. The 67' Ojukwu misadventure and miscalculation as it is been replicated by Zelensky is obvious for all to see. You don't gamble with human lives.

Zelensky dragged Ukrainians into this war banking on NATO support. Well I will rather bank on my Strength when it a matter of life & Death for my Family and Country men.

Anybody calling Ojukwu a Hero is a fool. Do you even realize that that Selfish man got reinstated into the Nigeria Army and all his outstanding pensions and Gratuity were paid to him? He even Ran for Nigerian Presidency at one time. This is not made up. This is how low Ojukwu went to reveal that he was a coward and a selfish man.

Millions Died because of the believe they had in Ojukwu and somehow he came back to get monetary reward from the Nigerian government. That's an insult to every Biafran dead or alive. Funny thing is I don't even see Igbos having a problem with this behavior of his. Can you even rationalize this? A true believer will never Accept money from Nigerian Government or even accept that his ranks be restored and his promotion effected. Ojukwu and Zelensky; 2 Clowns Different times.

With us your purpose in life?
To you understand with freedom is? Or what they call a sovereign state? Joining NATO is not the reason but an excuse. Putin want to restore the old order USSR, and it is not possible this day and age.
Pls get your facts right and understand the importance of freedom and a state
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Brian47(m): 10:31am On Feb 27, 2022
I saw another one this morning.
They were screaming that they were students and the soldiers didn't allow them pass.
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by bepositive11: 10:50am On Feb 27, 2022
Reflect7:
The Ukrainians you are all supporting and feeling sorry for, are racist against you.

Let that be a lesson to you mumu oyinbo-worshiping Nigerians.

Russians are racists too. What they're doing is sad, but of course, they'll prioritize their own citizens
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by bepositive11: 10:51am On Feb 27, 2022
chiefoga:
Nigeria is better than Ukraine. I’d rather be a student in unilag than whatever it is they have in Ukraine. This kind of nonsense rarely happens in Nigeria. Learn to love your own, learn to love, stay, and develop your shores.

If you’re gonna japa, go hang with the big boys instead. Don’t go to Ukraine that is worse than Nigeria, go to Russia instead and be with the big boys. Stop little brothering yourselves.

Go to Russia? Lol. Russians detest blacks
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Ade3131: 11:02am On Feb 27, 2022
mmsen:

They don't want to listen to reason.

They want to cling to their stupidity, look at the the twitter post where the person is saying that the Europeans are not to blame for this nonsense. Yes, African leaders are useless but they are not the problem here. If people need to leave a warzone and have been in a queue to leave they should be allowed to do so peacefully. This has nothing to do with African leaders.

Even the idiots who end up being abused in Libya or almost dying at sea trying to get to Europa will talk nonsense of how 'anything is better than Nigeria'.

Bro, ever heard of the Domino effect? That's what is at play out there.

Lemme break it down. It's hard not to point to African leaders as the root cause of the problem Africans face globally. Buhari travelled as far as the UK to pronounce the Nigerian youths lazy. Imagine you've never heard of the country caallled Nigeria and the first information you're getting about the country as a white young man is that there's a black country somewhere faraway Africa whose youths are lazy....mind you, this is coming from the number one citizen of that country.

Few months down the line, you (the same white young man), heard again that that same president who told you the youths of his country are lazy is in your country again for medical tourism. Then the next thing that runs through your mind is that oh their youths are lazy, as such they have no medical doctors because obviously they don't want to work....they can't even study since they're lazy.

This same white guy will then meet his other white folks to tell them how he heard first hand info about a black country where people don't work...within that discussion, someone will say that's the reason why they're poor.... fast-forward to when these people have an encounter with a young African on their soil....how do you think they'll react to the African?

Lemme bring it home a little bit for you. You accused these young Africans of deserting their continent for what they think is greener pasture after talking down their own.....True this is so wrong. And shouldn't be encouraged. But see it from this angle. How many South Africans have you seen rushing to leave their country for a foreign land when almost everything you can get outside is there in South Africa?

They might not have the best or most hardworking youth but the leadership of that country have never failed to provide at least 70 to 80% of what is expected of the government. Have you ever heard in the news that a South African president is flown abroad for medical treatment?

Another crazy thing about leadership in Africa is that we rather give contracts of major capital projects to foreign companies and not indigenous ones. And these foreign ones in turn employ people locally to execute the projects. They take bulk of the money back to their country and laugh at our stupidity..... because at the end, it's still our people that built those infrastructures. The list is endless.

Let Africans get leadership right, I tell you this,black Americans will be trooping to return to their origin and nationalize here than remain a 3 class citizen of America.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by KoshCAD: 11:03am On Feb 27, 2022
chiefoga:

Are you Nigerian?
Don't ask me.
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Ucloaded01: 11:03am On Feb 27, 2022
colestephan86:

Where are they running to, they should fight for the country that provided everything for them .
At least Nigerians claim they don't benefit anything here ,hence they won't fight for Nigeria.

If you know how much these people you are mocking have contributed back home from Ukraine, you will shut your trap.
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:04am On Feb 27, 2022
Loewe:

So the Nigerians that were able to enter Poland, how did they do it? Or didn't your read or hear that some Nigerians were allowed into Poland?

For what reason would they (Ukrainians) prevent a non-national from leaving their country cos it doesn't make sense to me... I am not saying it's impossible, but it's ridiculous. Some Nigerians won't also say the truth cos some may not even have their passports and as such, it could be difficult registering or identifying them.

On the part of the FG, the Polish Ambassador was summoned and said Nigerians were allowed to enter and stay for 12 days. That's as far as I know. I won't speak like someone at the border, so don't speak as the same or assume that everything you read online is true.

PS: I am not trying to make a case for Ukraine, I am a Nigerian like you, but blaming Ukraine for racism whilst they are at war, especially since sorrounding circumstances aren't perfect, is uncalled for.

OK, in another news, I just read that no racial discrimination is going on. Just a misunderstanding.

The problem is that people are concentrated on the major border, which is already saturated.

Nigerians have been directed to about four other borders, and Poland is letting them in on humanitarian grounds.

Even though I consider the intervention rather late, the Nigerian government must be commended. Dem try.
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 27, 2022
Just recently the Nigerian Government gave away an oil rich peninsula called Bakassi to The Government of Cameroon. Do you even realize that Generations yet to come will suffer the consequences of this act of stupidity? Russia is only trying to self preserve.
Ukraine knowing the Stakes, should have known to maintain Neutrality in this matters. If you were Putin would you allow NATO/US missile shield at your borders? Do you people even understand? Same way Israel will never allow Iran Arm Hesbollah in Lebanon with advance Missile. Same Reason Israel keeps attacking the Hamas group.

Russia is being proactive. Know this and know peace "to be Proactive or Reactive are two end of a spectrum". You decide what you want. For me I will go for a proactive leader any day anytime. When you react to things it's most probably too late.

[quote author=goodnija post=110591948][/quote]
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Judolisco(m): 11:24am On Feb 27, 2022
Kayharry:

If our leaders have done the right to make africa liveable no one will run to europe or america for greener pasture.
ino talk say 9jadey perfect and no be only 9ja people dey migrate... Na clear case of racism bdis... Because some of them might be Ukrainian citizens but were denied because of d colour of their skin... Shey Na 9ja government cause dat one 2?
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Judolisco(m): 11:25am On Feb 27, 2022
lomprico:

If your country Good you go run comot for better life?
If your leaders good, they would have done the needful since.

tell me one country wey their citizens no dey migrate?
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by lomprico(m): 11:36am On Feb 27, 2022
Judolisco:
tell me one country wey their citizens no dey migrate?

Not the way or for the reasons Africans do.
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by pharmaking: 11:36am On Feb 27, 2022
Where are the Pro-Ukranians?
Let us leave this thread for them.
Yen yen yen yen
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 27, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

OK, in another news, I just read that no racial discrimination is going on. Just a misunderstanding.

The problem is that people are concentrated on the major border, which is already saturated.

Nigerians have been directed to about four other borders, and Poland is letting them in on humanitarian grounds.

Even though I consider the intervention rather late, the Nigerian government must be commended. Dem try.

Good. I hope now you can see that the story doesn't make sense. Not everything has to do with race...

Next time, please don't hurriedly believe what people say, especially if there is no basis for such discrimination. Some people are just quick to associate everything to race and hatred, but life isn't that hard.
Re: Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border by colestephan86: 11:51am On Feb 27, 2022
Ucloaded01:

If you know how much these people you are mocking have contributed back home from Ukraine, you will shut your trap.
Who is mocking who.
If you have nothing to say, o gbe enu e soun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Paid For VIP Seating At The Airport, Shares Receipt (Photos) / Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone / My Visit To Chad (live Update).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.