Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague (18928 Views)

Russia to Biden: 'You Act Like A Hollywood Cowboy, a huge shame to the US' / Putin: Russia To Use 16,000 Middle East Volunteers To Fight Ukraine / Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by obedience4(m): 2:08pm On Feb 27, 2022
baralatie:

Nobody is arguing that!
It is dragging the whole nation of Ukraine into a war with Russia!
That is the problem!

There was no way it would come out good for either Ukraine or Russia!

It hurts a lot

True war isn't the solution
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by Gospel2Day: 2:11pm On Feb 27, 2022
ProfAmaben:
I don't care! The whites don't care about what happens in Africa, most of them don't even know Nigeria but Africa. It's surprising that Africans know everything about them and treat their news as first class.

We share the same humanity with them. We have the same ancestral parents, Adam and Eve.
Besides, we must honestly and humbly admit that we are not all equal in some things in life.
Even our fingers are not equal.
It is obvious that Africa is at the bottom of the ladder, both in inventions and civilization.
The colonial masters, though maltreated us via slave trade, but on the other hand, they stopped human sacrifice. We Blacks were killing and offering ourselves to demons before their advent.
So in some ways, the West has helped us progress in the civilization spectrum.
What our leaders need to do is what UAE leaders did, be visionary and use our natural resources to boost economic growth infrastructure development so that our own part of the planet too can rapidly develop.
Shalom.
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by Johel(m): 2:22pm On Feb 27, 2022
ProfAmaben:
I don't care! The whites don't care about what happens in Africa, most of them don't even know Nigeria but Africa. It's surprising that Africans know everything about them and treat their news as first class.

Africans hate their own pple but worship foreigners
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by Guyman02: 2:23pm On Feb 27, 2022
Crayfish09:
International Courts are meant for poor countries. It is like Hisbah

It's international Hisbah grin

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by Egypt209: 2:24pm On Feb 27, 2022
Russia don't give a f*ck about Hague.
Ukraine should consider guerilla warfare style,
Maybe, just maybe they'll be able to hold forte till Putin see reason to calm down.
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by JooEeL(m): 2:24pm On Feb 27, 2022
omenkaLives:
The Hague is only meant for the leaders of poor countries. If that institution truly means what they insist it stands for, Bush and Blair would have been in jail right now.

Gosh. Thank God reasonable people still dey this NL.

And that Iya Aje in Britain too. You forget name am.
cool

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by heniford2: 2:31pm On Feb 27, 2022
SmartyPants:

Are you mad?

The ICJ is the judicial organ of the UN. Is Russia not a member thereof?
just like your monika name lack sense, you think Russia is a cheap country how many times has eastern region not sued Nigeria to ICJ what is the out coming undecided
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by MoneyTrees(m): 2:32pm On Feb 27, 2022
Warldbest:
This comedian of a president is confused, so he's no more fighting again. I pity his citizens

After reading this comment I realized that in life there must always be people with very low IQ
it's unavoidable cheesy
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by OneCorner: 2:33pm On Feb 27, 2022
Crayfish09:

I had a very funny argument on Facebook with a white woman on this issue. She was hell-bent on telling me how George Bush is not a criminal while Putin is.

On the surface, it looks like USA has free press but they are very effective indoctrinators.
Check out this video about what US president have all said about Putin
They asked Trump if Putin was actually a killer and guess what the response what... “Are we innocent”
https://www.facebook.com/brutamerica/videos/1373243573123058/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by IgOga(m): 2:34pm On Feb 27, 2022
HonNL:

SOURCE

Zelenskiyy is Ukraine's President

As anybody actually seen a footage of war in Ukraine?... all I have seen so far is propaganda from both sides....especially from the west....claims about some border guards dying after saying F Russia has now been debunked by the Ukrainian Border Service...apparently the men are alive...so who produced the audio and why is the president lying.....now we hear about ghost of Kiev bursting planes in the sky. I have seen images of burnt out vehicles but yet to see any war happening....people are fleeing in fear and rightly so...I hope the elites are not playing a fast one on us all.. besides Putin is a graduate of WEF Young Leadership Programme
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by GreatrAnalyst: 2:36pm On Feb 27, 2022
mike8804:
Thought you guys were wining the war! War is not politics which you can win with social media propaganda.
Russia is the only country that cannot be conquered, they help to end both first and second world war. A country with about 11 timeline zones!

Note:
After Germany has pounds the hell out of great Britain and her allies, the west couldn't defeat Germany (a country not has big as northern Nigeria) only when the red army came, the war was won. Napoleon and Hitler made the mistake of attacking Russia.

President Putin said and I quote " if the world doesn't want to live with Russia, then the world doesn't deserve to live without Russia"

"Russia is the only country that can't be conquered" sounds so far, far fetched. Because of 11 timezones?

Germans military and weapons couldn't do well under the extreme cold in Russia as they pursued the Russians further in, which was a trap in itself, they had to abandon them within Russia territory and capitulated in that pursuit, Russia didn't win because of their military prowess but weather that destroyed mostly Germans weapons. Check history well again.
Beside, Germans couldn't overcome RAF (UK) which was why Hitler didn't invade Britain.
German army spread too thin, fighting hither and thither, without Russia, they couldn't have won the war even till the end. Again I say, check history well.

Turn it around, if it had been Russia against the rest of the world, I am sure this narrative of "the only country that can't be conquered" won't be it. Russia shares border with about 14 countries, that's a vulnerability alone in itself.

And your post is almost applauding Russia for invading a sovereign nation on the basis of what can't add up from the lips of Putin. Let Ukraine add the media propaganda or whatsoever you call it to their fight, I think they need it, Ukraine never boasted that she's more superior to Russian might, so they need sympathy, enough of which I feel they have got and still getting; rather Russia should be ashamed that days into their war campaign against an underdog, they have had more casualties than necessary.

Shame on Putin.
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by ProfAmaben(m): 2:38pm On Feb 27, 2022
Johel:

Africans hate their own pple but worship foreigners

Very true but weird. Ghana must go comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by GreatrAnalyst: 2:39pm On Feb 27, 2022
obedience4:

How is he confused? Man standing against the largest amry in Europe... Russia thought by now they will have been unrest in Ukraine.. Instead this man Mr zelensky has been able to unite a country against tyranny.. A country with so many ethnicity are untied.. You see people willing to die for their country.. It takes a leader of strength and character... A foolish man like you staying in a country were unity is farfetched.. Is your president not confused?? Have you ever been in a leadership position? You that can't not even lead yourself is insulting a Democraticaly elected leaders that campaign and won an election

Are you minding them, so many teenagers on the platform dabbling into discussion they ought to rather learn from, just because of availability of cheap data.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by ProfAmaben(m): 2:39pm On Feb 27, 2022
Manlikechoba:

Honestly...whites don't care but blacks especially nigerians will argue and argue and show concern about them... the way some folks are supporting Russia and Ukraine, telling you their history and things,but ask them about their country, they know nothing...

Very true.
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by ProfAmaben(m): 2:40pm On Feb 27, 2022
Ykc2:
more than 2 million people in nigeria are living in IDP camps all over the country yet no one even talked about them

Nigerians know about IDPs but simply don't care. I won't be surprised if some Nigerians start sending food to Ukrainians
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by AchalugoNwa(f): 2:40pm On Feb 27, 2022
omenkaLives:
The Hague is only meant for the leaders of poor countries. If that institution truly means what they insist it stands for, Bush and Blair would have been in jail right now.
my sweetheart kiss
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by SmartyPants(m): 2:40pm On Feb 27, 2022
heniford2:
just like your monika name lack sense, you think Russia is a cheap country how many times has eastern region not sued Nigeria to ICJ what is the out coming undecided

There is a difference between the ICJ and the ICC you clown.
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by heniford2: 2:43pm On Feb 27, 2022
SmartyPants:

There is a difference between the ICJ and the ICC you clown.
have they not done the both undecided grin Russia is a world power just like America
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by Afolabimills(m): 2:45pm On Feb 27, 2022
ProfAmaben:

I won't be surprised if some Nigerians start sending food to Ukrainians grin, IDPs and widows full dia country o! grin
African leaders what have they achieved over the years?eg Nigeria as case study pls do ur findings garther fact B4 u conclude
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by Afolabimills(m): 2:47pm On Feb 27, 2022
mike8804:
Thought you guys were wining the war! War is not politics which you can win with social media propaganda.
Russia is the only country that cannot be conquered, they help to end both first and second world war. A country with about 11 timeline zones!

Note:
After Germany has pounds the hell out of great Britain and her allies, the west couldn't defeat Germany (a country not has big as northern Nigeria) only when the red army came, the war was won. Napoleon and Hitler made the mistake of attacking Russia.

President Putin said and I quote " if the world doesn't want to live with Russia, then the world doesn't deserve to live without Russia"
sometimes I wonder why some of u guys comes with this lies the goggle is ur friend
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by omenkaLives(m): 2:47pm On Feb 27, 2022
JooEeL:

Gosh. Thank God reasonable people still dey this NL.

And that Iya Aje in Britain too. You forget name am.
cool
Nature go soon summon that one. No need.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by walemoney007(m): 2:47pm On Feb 27, 2022
joyandfaith:

A Russian is VP of ICJ. Try to do some search before comment.
Learn to read and understand
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by bleskid: 2:48pm On Feb 27, 2022
ProfAmaben:

I won't be surprised if some Nigerians start sending food to Ukrainians grin, IDPs and widows full dia country o! grin
can you just listen to yourself ... who don't know Nigeria ,,
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by walemoney007(m): 2:48pm On Feb 27, 2022
Toktee:
you are a Stark illiterate
If you can't make use of your brain, stop quoting me.
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by SmartyPants(m): 2:51pm On Feb 27, 2022
heniford2:
have they not done the both undecided grin Russia is a world power just like America

Individuals and groups cannot approach the ICJ. Only countries can.

That's all the free education you're getting from me today.
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by 2loadedguy: 2:52pm On Feb 27, 2022
mike8804:

Note:

A lot of people don't know their history and I am constantly irritated with the way they have demonized Russia and Putin in this war. Russia suffered the highest cost from world War 2 not even the Germany that started the war suffered as much as Russia. The irony is that its because of Russia that Hitler was defeated.
After the world War, Russia alone lost 27million people and her economy was in shreds. They picked up the peices and hoped to start rebuilding their economy and it's then the west they helped to win the war backstabbed them by forming NATO with the US and they were excluded due to their communist ideology.
Infact the Germany that Russia helped conquer in the war was admitted as a NATO member alongside others and as events started unfolding over the years, NATO started expanding her territories to Eastern Europe by coercing countries like Poland, Latvia, Bulgaria and lithuania etc to become NATO members to spite and surround Russia with NATO/US forces. Seeing all this, Russia knows the last knight to be taken would be her sister Nation Ukraine and agreement was reached with the previous president that Ukraine must never become a NATO member but this president is insisting on going that same route.
Now Russia's reason for the war is simple "don't bring my enemy to my doorstep further" hence there would be consequences but the comedian would not listen. If you are in Russia shoes what would you have them do when all negotiations have failed and there was a written agreement to this effect in the past.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by heniford2: 2:53pm On Feb 27, 2022
SmartyPants:

Individuals and groups cannot approach the ICJ. Only countries can.

That's all the free education you're getting from me today.
individual can lawbie with a country on it master free education grin is the Eastern body coming as an individual or a seperatise demanding for free
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by manuelkel(m): 2:54pm On Feb 27, 2022
ProfAmaben:

No country wey no know Nigeria.
World summit wey Buhari Dey go na front seat ooh.
Nigeria is highly recognized in the whole wide world brother.
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by joyandfaith: 2:57pm On Feb 27, 2022
walemoney007:
Learn to read and understand
The question is Russia a member of ICj. The answer is yes and that us why a Russian could become VP of ICJ. Think before comment.
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by MATANDRE(m): 3:08pm On Feb 27, 2022
mike8804:

Note:

Oga.. get your facts right.the Russians indeed suffered heavy losses and surrendered at some points. Hitler arrogance for sinking a US commercial ship after several warnings made US to declare war on Germany in the first world war. Prior to this the allied forces for which Russia was part of then had been beaten blue black only Britain was still seriously Staging resistance. So the entry of US made Hitler to withdraw forces from the southern border to the Easter front to contain a new challenge of US joining power with the Great Britain... .. left for Europe alone Hitler wud have conquered Europe and this includes the Russians. It was the US who came on board that ended world war 1 and in world war 2 .. you know what happened.. Hitler's unsinkable ship was attacked and sank .. there weren't any Russian or Soviet pilots among those who took the raid if I my memory is correct. .. and of course the the nuclear bombs on Japan... This were the simple basics that ended world war 1 and 2 ..
Re: Ukraine Takes Russia To International Court At The Hague by AroleOduduwa2: 3:10pm On Feb 27, 2022
GreatrAnalyst:

"Russia is the only country that can't be conquered" sounds so far, far fetched. Because of 11 timezones?

Germans military and weapons couldn't do well under the extreme cold in Russia as they pursued the Russians further in, which was a trap in itself, they had to abandon them within Russia territory and capitulated in that pursuit, Russia didn't win because of their military prowess but weather that destroyed mostly Germans weapons. Check history well again.
Beside, Germans couldn't overcome RAF (UK) which was why Hitler didn't invade Britain.
German army spread too thin, fighting hither and thither, without Russia, they couldn't have won the war even till the end. Again I say, check history well.

Turn it around, if it had been Russia against the rest of the world, I am sure this narrative of "the only country that can't be conquered" won't be it. Russia shares border with about 14 countries, that's a vulnerability alone in itself.

And your post is almost applauding Russia for invading a sovereign nation on the basis of what can't add up from the lips of Putin. Let Ukraine add the media propaganda or whatsoever you call it to their fight, I think they need it, Ukraine never boasted that she's more superior to Russian might, so they need sympathy, enough of which I feel they have got and still getting; rather Russia should be ashamed that days into their war campaign against an underdog, they have had more casualties than necessary.

Shame on Putin.

Ukraine let the NATO use them as a proxy to fight Russia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

U.S. Military Helicopter Crashes In Iraq On Thursday,  Killing 7 People On Board / End Of ISIS? Putin Sends In His Most Ruthless Special Forces / Senegal's Political Crisis Deepens As Govt Suspends Tiktok Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.