Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? (55285 Views)

How Is Student Live In Malta? / Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? / Working Legally In Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by dolpaz: 8:36pm On Jan 03, 2014
rafcrown: @dolpas THEY HAVE DISCUSSED THIS ISSUE before,check properly and i think FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION should be the right place,not state ministry.Check the discussions on this
Thanks sir..I have seen it
alles gute
gott segne sie
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Juvante(m): 8:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
Anyone expecting admission by February?
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by 123over: 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
I am new here.
I hope this links will be useful to most of you out there who would want to apply for a visa to Austria:

http://www.oeh.ac.at/fileadmin/user_upload/pdf/Broschueren/2011/Studying_in_Austria_Web_feb2011.pdf

http://www.aupairaustria.at/english.aspx

http://www.austria.org/visa

To book appointments call this number 080-34338778 between 9am -10am. the appointment they will give you could be in 2 to 3 months and then you have to wait for about 3 to 4 weeks (sometimes longer) for the Visa or refusal to come out. Get all your papers ready before you go to the embassy and try to be there on time on the day of your interview.
Always try and keep eye contact ( it is very important in Austria). Prepare before you go ( do your homework) what you dont know, say they should repeat the question and quickly think of something wise to answer.
Check your documents very well and make sure there are no contradiction.
The other thing you can do is to pray.
Your applications are sent to different people in most cases. Depending on who is handling it, it could take long of short. sometime they do it with the alphabets of your surname or date of birth (i mean they share the files of those applying for visa)
I wish you guys all the best.

Austrian Embassy in Nigeria
PLot 9, Usuma Street , Maitama
Abuja, Nigeria

+234 803 433 87 78 (9 - 10 a.m. - for visa appointments only)

1 Like

Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
norway1: ^That is one whole hectic process damn!!

all the same please can we talk or rather chat,

I understand clearly what you talked about -

Thanks its urgent

This is why I love the uk,see process for Austria biko nu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Obinnio: 8:52pm On Feb 04, 2015
Pls when will there admission intake start,I am interested.
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by amii131(f): 4:02am On Feb 05, 2015
Please when it's the 2015/2016 online application starting.
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Nobody: 6:37am On Feb 08, 2015
Very difficult to get admission

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by yincx: 11:24am On Apr 08, 2015
ami. I'm interested depending on d tuition and how easy it is. pls drop ur mail address.
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by 22ilumortsey: 9:40pm On Apr 20, 2015
Hi am innocent currently inTurkey, I want to apply for msc petroleum enginering at leoben university in Austria . Is there anyone studying in his school? I would like to know more and my chances of getting admission . Thanks.
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Cradconrad: 8:19pm On Jul 24, 2015
Plz I want do my masters in any gud affordable university in Austria.. . I need help plz... Hw do I apply... ur help Wil be highly appreciated.
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by cutieme(m): 11:21am On Jul 25, 2015
@fred1526,bro please how did u go about the application please give UA links, thanks
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 08, 2016
Want to study in austria will i start processing the admission before visa and i heard you will have an account with 2 million is it an austria account and what if u have somebody there do you still nid d 2million
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by besmartgreat7: 10:58pm On May 07, 2016
hi guys, pls am new here......i need assistance on every possible steps on admission application and residence permit application in Austria.
am about applying for admission to study architecture at the university of Innsbruck..........LL appreciate any possible help from any 1 around here. CHEERS....Great.....................
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by msugh(m): 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2016
Hello, am a Phd holder in chemistry and needs a australian skilled migration to continue with my career. Can someone help me with a thread which i can follow to have my application?
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by yomyjoe(m): 11:57pm On Nov 11, 2016
Thank you very much for explaining the process, e nor easy but you try. Pls what school did you apply to in Austria?

loverencha:

@tolyem, thank you for good wishes..

I made application to a private school in Austria. The language of instruction in the private school is English Language. The school did not need legalization of my school documents to grant me admission but of course, Austrian embassy asked for this according to Austrian Law

I made application for admission by sending scanned documents (school results/documents, cv, motivation letter e.t.c.) by e-mail to the private school in Austria. Then the school made a phone interview with me after reviewing my documents and gave me admission letter. They sent this original admission letter to my home address here in Nigeria. Then, I took this admission letter to the Austrian embassy at Maitama in Abuja with all other of my documents.

I applied for a Student residence permit and not a Student visa, because for Austria, when u want to study for more than 6months u av to apply 4 a residence permit and not visa.

The first step to take is to get an admission letter from a school in Austria

Next...

You prepare your documents

School documents, including Waec result, transcripts, birth certificate, police character certificate (to be gotten at Alagbon), photocopy of data page of international passport, passport size photograph, certificate of state of origin, affidavit of bachelor hood/spinster hood, attestation of birth, sworn declaration of age, filled application forms (student residence permit application form about 9pages, to be filled in German language, filled Questionnaire form, about 10pages: to be filled in English)-you get these two forms on the website of Austrian embassy or by email when u write d embassy, financial documents, bank statement and document stating where you will reside in Austria.

You will also legalize your documents at the Ministry of foreign affairs in Abuja before you can submit them to the embassy because Austrian embassy will never accept documents that are not first legalized at Ministry of foreign affairs, Abuja.

Then you get 120,000naira ready

You book an appointment by phone with the Austrian embassy, they will give u an appointment date in a month's time when u should come in person to the Austrian Embassy in Abuja to submit your documents and they will collect the 120,000naira from you, this is lawyer's fee and u get a receipt at the counter during your interview.

After the day of your first appointment, you will go back home to await phone call from a lawyer from Austrian embassy. The lawyer will come to your house to make interview with you and your mother or father. The lawyer will ask you questions about your documents, school documents, when u finished school and all that... Then he will ask also your parent; (these answers you give lawyer have to rhyme because he will write them down on a notebook which is his report) Then you have to sign, the lawyer will compare your signature with the signature on the documents you submitted to Austrian embassy at the time of your first application, also your parent will sign. The lawyer will even go as far as asking you to show him your neighbours house so that he can ask them questions about you. Then after this, the lawyer will go to all your schools and confirm all the school documents you submitted to the embassy, the lawyer will take photocopies of all these documents and show to the people in charge of your results in your school, he will only ask them if your school documents/results are genuine or fake and if you really attended/graduated from that school. Your school councelor or principal have to prove to the lawyer that your school documents are genuine and he/she has to sign to approve your school documents which the lawyer will take along with him to submit to Austrian embassy. If you attended 2 or 3 secondary schools, the lawyer will go to ALL these schools to confirm your result also if you attended a university here in Nigeria, the lawyer will go to the Faculty/department to confirm your school documents and if the lawyer sees any fake document, that is the END of your application, the embassy will CANCEL your application and all your efforts and money will b WASTED! So, do NOT submit Fake documents. The Lawyer will write a report about you and go to embassy to submit this report. The lawyer will also go to the courts and notary offices where you got your other documents to confirm its authenticity and also the lawyer will go to Alagbon to confirm your police character certificate, even to the office where your birth certificate was issued, He WILL CONFIRM ALL, nothing will be left out. When the lawyer finishes with these investigations, he will go back to the Austrian embassy in Abuja to submit his report about you and your documents.. Aha, the lawyer will also collect about 2 or 3 of your pictures and your siblings pics and parents pics, he will submit these to embassy but this will be given back to you later.

Then, after lawyer submits his report about you, the Austrian embassy will review all and then make a decision, if d report from lawyer is good, you will receive a phone call from the Austrian embassy to continue your application to the next step which will be to go again to Abuja to pay your verification fee and application fee, this should be between 40,000naira and 60,000naira, depending on how many documents you submitted.

When you pay this, embassy will then legalize your documents and send to Austrian ministry in Austria. It is the Austrian ministry that will grant the residence permit. It takes some months for them to make a decision whether to grant u d residence permit or not, they will write u and let you know of their decision, if granted, you will receive a phone call from Austrian embassy to come to Abuja for 3rd time but this time, with your international passport, so that they will give you a visa so you can travel to Austria, immediately you get to Austria, you don't waste time, you go to the Austrian ministry to collect your residence permit card - (Austrian residence permit card looks like a credit card/Atm card)

I think this residence permit card is starting from 1year, then before it expires, about 3months before it expires, you apply for an extension of the residence permit when you are there in Austria

And... That's it...

N/B : It takes about 4-6months for processing your application for Austrian residence permit.

Good luck in advance to all those who are processing Visa/residence permit to Austria.

Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by yomyjoe(m): 11:58pm On Nov 11, 2016
Please does anyone have any school in Austria that doesn't require legalisation or verification of school documents?
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 12, 2016
My friend just got to Austria jku linz

1 Like

Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by yomyjoe(m): 6:58am On Nov 16, 2016
Hello guys, pls advise me on how to go about how to show proof of financial means from myself and my sponsor during the visa application. People talk about how they did their legalisation, authentication, police report, medical but nobody is saying anything about how the showed proof of financial means for the visa application.
So if anyone is reading this, pls jus advise us how you did yours OR if you have plans to apply to, how do you wanna do it.

how do you guys wanna show proof of financial means from your sponsor and yourself during your visa application. Do you wanna present your own account and the account of your sponsor in our naija bank. OR do you wanna use a savings book in account in Austria OR declaration of a guarantee of a person living in Austria OR Purchase of a travellers cheques

how do you wanna go about it pls.

loverencha:
Please, does anyone know how long it takes the Austrian ministry in Austria to finish processing applications for residence permit? The Austrian embassy already sent my application for residence permit to the Austrian ministry in Austria and I have not heard from them, this is one month now... Please, who knows how long this takes for residence permit application? This Austrian application stuff is soooo long and complicated, from foreign affairs, to ministry of education to legalization to lawyer to verification..(I've done them all) I don tire... I think I am beginning to grow white hair(lol) and I hope I don't get hypertension or high blood pressure!! haha.. I hope my efforts have not been in vein ohh!! Because I already did all the embassy asked for.. But why is it taking so long time to get answer from the Austrian ministry if my residence permit has been granted or not. Anybody with useful information should please contribute. Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by yomyjoe(m): 7:01am On Nov 16, 2016
Hello guys, pls advise me on how to go about how to show proof of financial means from myself and my sponsor during the visa application. People talk about how they did their legalisation, authentication, police report, medical but nobody is saying anything about how the showed proof of financial means for the visa application.
So if anyone is reading this, pls jus advise us how you did yours OR if you have plans to apply to, how do you wanna do it.

how do you guys wanna show proof of financial means from your sponsor and yourself during your visa application. Do you wanna present your own account and the account of your sponsor in our naija bank. OR do you wanna use a savings book in account in Austria OR declaration of a guarantee of a person living in Austria OR Purchase of a travellers cheques

how do you wanna go about it pls.

@loverencha

loverencha:

I made application to a private school in Austria. The language of instruction in the private school is English Language. The school did not need legalization of my school documents to grant me admission but of course, Austrian embassy asked for this according to Austrian Law

I made application for admission by sending scanned documents (school results/documents, cv, motivation letter e.t.c.) by e-mail to the private school in Austria. Then the school made a phone interview with me after reviewing my documents and gave me admission letter. They sent this original admission letter to my home address here in Nigeria. Then, I took this admission letter to the Austrian embassy at Maitama in Abuja with all other of my documents.

I applied for a Student residence permit and not a Student visa, because for Austria, when u want to study for more than 6months u av to apply 4 a residence permit and not visa.

Next...

School documents, including Waec result, transcripts, birth certificate, police character certificate (to be gotten at Alagbon), photocopy of data page of international passport, passport size photograph, certificate of state of origin, affidavit of bachelor hood/spinster hood, attestation of birth, sworn declaration of age, filled application forms (student residence permit application form about 9pages, to be filled in German language, filled Questionnaire form, about 10pages: to be filled in English)-you get these two forms on the website of Austrian embassy or by email when u write d embassy, financial documents, bank statement and document stating where you will reside in Austria.

You will also legalize your documents at the Ministry of foreign affairs in Abuja before you can submit them to the embassy because Austrian embassy will never accept documents that are not first legalized at Ministry of foreign affairs, Abuja.

You book an appointment by phone with the Austrian embassy, they will give u an appointment date in a month's time when u should come in person to the Austrian Embassy in Abuja to submit your documents and they will collect the 120,000naira from you, this is lawyer's fee and u get a receipt at the counter during your interview.

After the day of your first appointment, you will go back home to await phone call from a lawyer from Austrian embassy. The lawyer will come to your house to make interview with you and your mother or father. The lawyer will ask you questions about your documents, school documents, when u finished school and all that... Then he will ask also your parent; (these answers you give lawyer have to rhyme because he will write them down on a notebook which is his report) Then you have to sign, the lawyer will compare your signature with the signature on the documents you submitted to Austrian embassy at the time of your first application, also your parent will sign. The lawyer will even go as far as asking you to show him your neighbours house so that he can ask them questions about you. Then after this, the lawyer will go to all your schools and confirm all the school documents you submitted to the embassy, the lawyer will take photocopies of all these documents and show to the people in charge of your results in your school, he will only ask them if your school documents/results are genuine or fake and if you really attended/graduated from that school. Your school councelor or principal have to prove to the lawyer that your school documents are genuine and he/she has to sign to approve your school documents which the lawyer will take along with him to submit to Austrian embassy. If you attended 2 or 3 secondary schools, the lawyer will go to ALL these schools to confirm your result also if you attended a university here in Nigeria, the lawyer will go to the Faculty/department to confirm your school documents and if the lawyer sees any fake document, that is the END of your application, the embassy will CANCEL your application and all your efforts and money will b WASTED! So, do NOT submit Fake documents. The Lawyer will write a report about you and go to embassy to submit this report. The lawyer will also go to the courts and notary offices where you got your other documents to confirm its authenticity and also the lawyer will go to Alagbon to confirm your police character certificate, even to the office where your birth certificate was issued, He WILL CONFIRM ALL, nothing will be left out. When the lawyer finishes with these investigations, he will go back to the Austrian embassy in Abuja to submit his report about you and your documents.. Aha, the lawyer will also collect about 2 or 3 of your pictures and your siblings pics and parents pics, he will submit these to embassy but this will be given back to you later.

Then, after lawyer submits his report about you, the Austrian embassy will review all and then make a decision, if d report from lawyer is good, you will receive a phone call from the Austrian embassy to continue your application to the next step which will be to go again to Abuja to pay your verification fee and application fee, this should be between 40,000naira and 60,000naira, depending on how many documents you submitted.

When you pay this, embassy will then legalize your documents and send to Austrian ministry in Austria. It is the Austrian ministry that will grant the residence permit. It takes some months for them to make a decision whether to grant u d residence permit or not, they will write u and let you know of their decision, if granted, you will receive a phone call from Austrian embassy to come to Abuja for 3rd time but this time, with your international passport, so that they will give you a visa so you can travel to Austria, immediately you get to Austria, you don't waste time, you go to the Austrian ministry to collect your residence permit card - (Austrian residence permit card looks like a credit card/Atm card)

I think this residence permit card is starting from 1year, then before it expires, about 3months before it expires, you apply for an extension of the residence permit when you are there in Austria

And... That's it...

N/B : It takes about 4-6months for processing your application for Austrian residence permit.

Good luck in advance to all those who are processing Visa/residence permit to Austria.

Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Bandeco(m): 4:20pm On Nov 16, 2016
loverencha:

Next...

And... That's it...

Mogbe oo..

Is this process for permanent residence permit or student visa. Omatse ooo..

Or is it a process for admittance to heaven

Richer countries like Norway, Sweden and Denmark doesn't employ such devious process for mere study permit.

Even neighboring Germany with the biggest economy in Europe doesn't come close to this obscenity.

This process is just crazy !!

Count me out. Austria ni, ajegunle ko

3 Likes

Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by hybeenoni: 12:49pm On Nov 17, 2016
Plz how much do I need to hv in my sponsors acct if I wish to apply for an Msc programme in Austria?
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by dynekest: 7:21am On Dec 02, 2016
Freshemzy:

Bro I sent you an email message, kindly reply
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 03, 2016
have replied
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Nobody: 1:03am On Dec 08, 2016
Freshemzy:
bro i'm trying to get into jku, can we chat better I have some questions.
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 08, 2016
ok u can pm me
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by Gracely7th(f): 8:40pm On Jul 24, 2017
kingdemej:
they will grant you but it must be a domiciliary account(international account),it must either be in euro or dollars and the list you must have in the account is 11000euro

Hy
Please is there anyway around this financial requirement of opening an international account of 11,000£??
Can someone use a personal bank statement or sponsor statement without opening an international account?

Please I really need response as this is my challenge.
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by 123hi: 4:43am On Sep 02, 2017
Please I need help on how to get accommodation in Linz I just get admission to jku Linz ..
Re: How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? by georgesegun87: 8:58am On Sep 02, 2017
Pls hw do u get admission to jku... Did u pay 120,000naira to the embassy

123hi:
Please I need help on how to get accommodation in Linz I just get admission to jku Linz ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yankari Games Reserves In Bauchi In Pictures / UK Police Give List Of Nationals Who Are To Register With Them. Nigeria Excluded / Man Who Escaped Fuel Tanker Explosion Kneels Down To Thank God - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.