Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,799,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens (46102 Views)

Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other / Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request / Akume, Ortom’s Rift Deepens, Governor Plans Defection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by executive12: 11:22pm On Feb 27, 2022
Almaigaa:

I guarantee you this. Air Peace is actually owned by a Northerner, just like Glo and other multi billion naira companies in this Country.. Onyeama is just camouflaged by acting as the owner. And you claimed Igbo's don't bow to no one. You are wrong. They bow to their Northern masters every day. grin

So says a fool.

4 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by executive12: 11:24pm On Feb 27, 2022
Almaigaa:

You are not meant to know.

Just say that you were just blabbing.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by executive12: 11:26pm On Feb 27, 2022
SlyDev:
Using Yoruba man as shield lol Air Peace know what to do. Emir of Kano is like Emperor of Northern Nigeria, settle the matter quietly

This particular Emir has no integrity.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by AJohnnasa(m): 11:40pm On Feb 27, 2022
Almaigaa:

I guarantee you this. Air Peace is actually owned by a Northerner, just like Glo and other multi billion naira companies in this Country.. Onyeama is just camouflaged by acting as the owner. And you claimed Igbo's don't bow to no one. You are wrong. They bow to their Northern masters every day. grin

See as you just dey deceive yourself.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by DSDLIVEREPORT: 11:45pm On Feb 27, 2022
I beg I no too go school .Apologise for wetin .Say you miss your flight ,flight come leave u go . Vex come com.
Make.Kanouni.people.contribute money buy private jet for the man .make matter end
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Coolsphinx: 11:50pm On Feb 27, 2022
If Emir of Kano is the emperor of Northern Nigeria, then what position do you ascribe to the Sultan of Sokoto?
SlyDev:
Using Yoruba man as shield lol Air Peace know what to do. Emir of Kano is like Emperor of Northern Nigeria, settle the matter quietly
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by AJohnnasa(m): 11:51pm On Feb 27, 2022
mfm04622:

You all need to know the full story before judging! Air Peace was wrong in the case. If an apology is all they are asking for, Air Peace should apologize.

Can you please, enlighten me and several other Nigerians on how Air Peace erred?
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Okwyjesus(m): 11:55pm On Feb 27, 2022
Benite:

https://thenationonlineng.net/emir-of-kano-air-peace-row-deepens/

I see. No be this Emir whey them remove Sanusi and put.

Na political emir noww.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by AJohnnasa(m): 12:02am On Feb 28, 2022
Basheer22:
I think what happened is this.

The Emir was coming from the Gambia to Lagos through an Air Peace flight. Air Peace delayed the flight, thereby making the Emir late for his second Air Peace flight from Lagos to Kano.

Now, the Emir's houseboy told Air Peace to delay the flight from Lagos to Kano since Air Peace was the cause of the delay from Gambia to Lagos, Air Peace refused.

Air Peace refused the request but offered an alternative [a 7AM flight from Lagos to Abuja, and then Abuja to Kano] free of charge, but the Emir and his entourage rejected the offer, saying they had been disrespected for not stopping an already taxiing aircraft.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by chaloskyx: 12:12am On Feb 28, 2022
Can you see your life when Nigerians cry daily to govt to look into the incessant delays and cancelation of flights how many of our so called govt officials have looked at passing a bill with a penalty and compensation to airlines who mistreat their customers none. because they don't send us. Then one emir is shouting up and down for an apology cause a northerner is president you want to use your connections to get back at air peace did you not get the memo bubu is leaving soon presidential elections are round the corner so he has no time for you or your tantrums spoilt northern brat calling himself an emir if you actually command respect they would apologise but thats the thing Nigerians only respect titles but not the individual be it president, senator, governor, oba & emir all of una are thieves who dont serve the people so why should they respect you
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by adanny01(m): 12:44am On Feb 28, 2022
If only SLS were the emir, this shit will not happen.

Sensible Kano people will just be licking their wounds.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by KosiGee(m): 12:49am On Feb 28, 2022
mfm04622:

Drgoodman

The Emir and his party (10 in all) came have a ticket from outside Nigeria to Kano via Lagos. This mean the international flight will land in Lagos, then they will board a connecting flight from Lagos to Kano.

But the international flight was delayed for more than 2 hours. Before the flight left the international airport, the party had expressed their concern about the connecting flight. They were assured no issue. The international flight landed with only 30 minutes before the Lagos-Kano flight is to leave. They got to the gate in 15 minutes and were told the gate was closed and they be boarded. So of course they were angry. You caused the delay and you can't delay the flight that is still on ground to board the party?
Okay, let us get another flight, Air Peace said they will be charged a "No show" fee to revalidate their ticket. Another reason they were angry.
Okay, according to law, if international flight is late, the air line is supposed to provide hotel accommodation for the passengers. Air Peace did not.
So if the Emir and his party is just asking for apology, without pushing for refund of ni show fees and the hotel fees, why shouldn't Air Peace apologize? They caused this mess up. I suspect they have sold and boarded the seats the emir and his party was to occupy but why charge them no show fees?

If this was the case, I feel really bad that people have been criticising the emir and his entourage over something that is not their fault.

I’ve been a victim of flight delays myself and I’ve lost money to Air peace. Last year I missed one of their flights to Enugu because there was delays from another airline….arrived Lagos late, couldn’t board as the gate has closed when I got there…

…didn’t board another of their flight from Enugu to Abuja as the plane had some issue, took time to sort it out…I got refund…not full refund and this involved writing to the airline and waiting for weeks.

I think AirPeace owe not just the emir but it’s numerous passengers apologies. They need to improve on their services and customer relations.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Nobody: 12:49am On Feb 28, 2022
SlyDev:

You don't understand their culture keep quiet okoro

Are you high what he said isn't it not true? Didn't Ganduje not set a precedence?
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Nobody: 12:53am On Feb 28, 2022
mfm04622:

You all need to know the full story before judging! Air Peace was wrong in the case. If an apology is all they are asking for, Air Peace should apologize.

Hold on!!! Air peace wrong! Dude do you know that it is a safety risk to stop a plane that is already on taxi to the take off point at the runway or do you think it is a luxury bus? If it was KLM or Air France or even Emirates Airlines or Qatar Airways would he make this statement?
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Enyimbamercedes: 12:55am On Feb 28, 2022
Omo see nonsense!

72 hrs ultimatum OR WHAT?

Anyway I do not blame the protocol officer.

This is Nigeria; anything you see, take an like that. The good people of Kano should save their god from further embarrassment and buy him a private jet!

No matter the circumstances, even if Air Peace delayed the first leg of the flight by an hour, an airline cannot keep an aircraft laden with passengers on the tarmac for one NON-ENTITY!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by thecommunist(m): 12:59am On Feb 28, 2022
I don't support air peace apologizing but we all should not forget that onyeama is running a business here. If he does not apologize and it causes problems for his business or ruins his business, none of us would feed him and his family. So therefore , the decision to apologize or not solely rests on him.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Matrixoba: 1:02am On Feb 28, 2022
Thanks. At least you agreed that the royalty got it wrong. That's maturity. The nation will only progress if we accept we are mere mortals and our lives are transient.
An emir whose destiny lies in the hand of a political officer should be more humble. And for that laud fellow who is shouting that he flew some past heads of state, how does that solve the current economic maladies? He should keep quiet. He is part of the problem of the country. So vain.
I rest my pen at this point. I shall not comment on the subject anymore. Thanks
SlyDev:

Master at other tribe problem, naive about theirs
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by doctorgold(m): 1:02am On Feb 28, 2022
Skyview01:

Customer is always right.! They should apologize and move on
Customer isn't always right. You expect airpeace to set a precedence that would hunt them for as long as the business operates. Meaning any VIP can delay a flight for an hour without recourse to other passengers on that flight.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 1:06am On Feb 28, 2022
Thunderstorm from Ukraine and Russia put together will destroy anyone who apologize on his behave. What nonsense.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Nobody: 1:07am On Feb 28, 2022
doctorgold:

Customer isn't always right. You expect airpeace to set a precedence that would hunt them for as long as the business operates. Meaning any VIP can delay a flight for an hour without recourse to other passengers on that flight.

Just an official apology for a business surely won't cause any harm.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Nobody: 1:08am On Feb 28, 2022
Upton:

What are you saying?

Do you realize that it was the Emir that allegedly wanted Airpeace to delay a flight that was already prepared to take off?

If Airpeace's side of the story is true, then they absolutely do not need to apologise. Should they apologise to the Emir for coming behind schedule?

Who cares if the Emir's cousin is a pilot? If Airpeace has done nothing wrong as they claim, them they shouldn't apologise publicly. They should resolve the situation in private.

Modified: I just read Bayero's reply. If truly it was Air Peace that delayed the Emir's flight from Banjul to Lagos, then they should find a way to resolve this. They should apologise if they need to because that's the genesis of this whole thing.

Both parties should be sincere and own up to their faults. There's no need to fight over this.

First of all do we know what caused the delay in Banjul? For all we know it could be from Air traffic control from there. Look that Isa guy has no case he used the Banjul flight to whip up sentiments which to me is very petty and has reduced the Emirate to ridicule so because of that you want them to stop a plane in Nigeria that is already on taxi ready for take off? Even for established airlines abroad like Lufthansa,BA or KLM when you are taking a connecting flight and for some reasons there was a delay in your first flight and it made you miss your connecting flight, they will put you on the next flight without delay at no extra cost to you. This is how people like this killed Nigeria Airways and Kabo Air.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by blaqoracle: 1:10am On Feb 28, 2022
JOemmy:
Can u imagine the mentality of these almajiri backward people?
the parents of these almajiris drove your parents to Garbon, during the civil war.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by blaqoracle: 1:12am On Feb 28, 2022
BeardedmeatR:
Emir of kano emperor? Same person a displeased governor will remove overnight.
I dunno what you caliphate jesters think you are.
since you are kingless, you may not understand the value the throne. It has to do with the office, not necessarily the holder.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Nobody: 1:12am On Feb 28, 2022
blaqoracle:
the parents of these almajiris drove your parents to Garbon, during the civil war.

Dude first of all how did civil war come into this? If the Isa guy representing the Emir hadn't respected himself and the Emirate this almajiri statement won't arise. You get upset when stereotypes are thrown at you but your elites keep reinforcing them.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Nobody: 1:15am On Feb 28, 2022
blaqoracle:
since you are kingless, you may not understand the value the throne. It has to do with the office.

In this 21st century what value do they bring? Or do they control the Nigerian treasury?Nigeria is a Republic we keep them for the singular reason of preserving culture but to be honest these guys have lost their value. That is why they are under the control of the Local government chairman or state governor who can depose them at will.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by blaqoracle: 1:21am On Feb 28, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Online chestbeating

It’s valid
you see why these people can never become president.
Repeating the same stupidity they demonstrated that led to civil war of 1967.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Karemarealty288(m): 2:55am On Feb 28, 2022
SlyDev:

Emir that is answerable to a Commissioner?
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Iceberg3: 3:36am On Feb 28, 2022
backbencher:

While I think that the Emir was out of line...this one wey you blame North for everything...e get as e be

1,Nigeria airways failed because people treated it like a social service, instead of like a proper airline. When Nigerians of all tribes were as early as 1982 not paying for excess luggage....how do you expect the airline to run profitably?

2.NEPA failed because we were doing like the man who spends N200 making a pen in his pen factory, and selling that pen at N50 and boasting of a profit. Meanwhile, 40% of his customers take the pen for free.

Right now, we are selling one kwh of power for N41-71, which costs N80 and above to make. And that is how we were doing before privatisation...plus people were refusing to pay for power used. Northerners did not cause that.

3.NTA is bad and has always been bad...even when it had the monopoly . And it is bad because its budget is low (sometimes as low as 2-3 million dollars.) Same for most African public broadcasters (except possibly SABC, and even then it was because they had to compete with the private sector from the 1980's onwards, so they had to up their game).

No money=no facilites=no quality programmes.

At least NTA has managed to in the last 12 years develop about three to five extra channels, and then there is the international channel. (Among them is NTA education...previously educaitonal progamming on NTA in the 1980's was about 2 to 3 hours, one hour some days self)

4.Sports ministry, the same. Not enough money, not enough sponsorship. And most of the money goes disproprtionately to football. Also, education spending is poor, which means schools cannot organise sport activites, and training institues cannot train enough PE teachers. All our past successes were due to us spending a lot on a minority of athletes, and hoping they would do well...and yes, it is present in MOST african countries as well.

Stop blaming tribes.If I blamed your tribe for Nigeria's problem, you won't like it.
Abeg chill for one corner,the north is our #1 and only problem, simple truth.

You guys are a huge burden on us south
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by Iceberg3: 3:38am On Feb 28, 2022
blaqoracle:
you see why these people can never become president.
Repeating the same stupidity they demonstrated that led to civil war of 1967.

See talk from a supposed adult!

Everything about your life is president!!!!!

If someone ask you now,what has the presidency done for your life and region,you will be looking grin

4 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by wiseass: 3:41am On Feb 28, 2022
Almaigaa:

You are not meant to know.

What a stinking pile of dog shit

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by eagleu: 4:01am On Feb 28, 2022
Gideon Okar was beheaded and his head paraded around Kano by people like the emir's chief of protocol.
Madame Blessing was killed in her store by gangs hauling false accusations at her.
If anything happens to Air Peace workers, properties, and planes in Kano, we know who to blame.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Air Peace Row Deepens by BeardedmeatR(m): 4:54am On Feb 28, 2022
blaqoracle:
since you are kingless, you may not understand the value the throne. It has to do with the office, not necessarily the holder.
Office that exists at the mercy of a corrupt governor. Swerve jhur.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

El-rufai Retweets Insults On President Jonathan / Borehole Collapses In Kogi 3 Weeks After Commissioning / Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.