Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,142 members, 7,807,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions (53251 Views)

Putin Puts Satan II Missile, Capable Of Wiping London, On Combat Duty (Photos) / Possible Trump Arrest Today: US Police Forces On Alert / Convoy Transporting Equipment For Russia's Nuclear Forces On The Move (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by lalasticlala(m): 2:51pm On Feb 27, 2022
KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — In a dramatic escalation of East-West tensions over Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, President Vladimir Putin ordered Russian nuclear deterrent forces put on high alert Sunday in response to what he called “aggressive statements” by leading NATO powers.

The order means Putin has ordered Russia’s nuclear weapons prepared for increased readiness to launch, raising the threat that the tensions could boil over into a nuclear war. In giving it, the Russian leader also cited hard-hitting financial sanctions imposed by the West against Russia, including Putin himself.

Speaking at a meeting with his top officials, Putin directed the Russian defense minister and the chief of the military’s General Staff to put the nuclear deterrent forces in a “special regime of combat duty.”

“Western countries aren’t only taking unfriendly actions against our country in the economic sphere, but top officials from leading NATO members made aggressive statements regarding our country,” Putin said in televised comments.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-kyiv-business-europe-moscow-2e4e1cf784f22b6afbe5a2f936725550

34 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by KingSatan: 2:54pm On Feb 27, 2022
I empathize with the people of Ukraine.

I pray that those who lost their lives find everlasting peace.

But I repeat, this is not our war. Africans, this is not your war!

Looking at it from an economic perspective, it is profitable to us (Nigeria) as the price of Brent crude is on the rise.

Remember, to Russia, Boko Haram is business. So sell more Kalashnikov's.

To Japan, it's business as usual. So sell more Toyota Trucks.

If you care so much about "War", look towards Ethiopia (Tigray) or Nigeria (We have been fighting terrorism for over 10 years).

I pray for peace.

328 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by osamz007: 2:55pm On Feb 27, 2022
Putin dey play with fire

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by osamz007: 2:55pm On Feb 27, 2022

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by Rollsnjaguar(m): 2:56pm On Feb 27, 2022
Those urging western nations on will be shocked at what Putin is capable of. I know Putin will never loose, instead he will deploy nuclear weapons.

163 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by pacino26(m): 2:57pm On Feb 27, 2022
Matters arising.

The war is not with Ukraine, the war is to usher a new world order.

166 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by DickDastardly(m): 2:57pm On Feb 27, 2022
sad
All Nuclear Powers should also chanel all their Nukes towards Russia on the ready. Enough of this idiots chenanigans.
Operation wipe out RUSSIA.
NONSENSE!!!

311 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by GodHatesBigots(m): 2:57pm On Feb 27, 2022
This is evidence that Russian forces in Ukraine are losing massively, and Putin has been backed into a corner.

Well if he uses Nuclear weapons, Russia will also be totally destroyed. It's called MAD - Mutual Assured Destruction.

262 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by Mrupdate11: 2:57pm On Feb 27, 2022
Nuclear angry

That means Russia was just doing dress rehearsal ever since?

13 Likes

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by PaedophileProph: 2:57pm On Feb 27, 2022
We all witnessing the fall of Putin , it will start from the inside . Putin should get ready to to Throw millions and millions of protesting Russians to jail.

Even Russian soldiers are confused and Clueless of "Why the fighting".

Am pretty sure some of the crashing and destruction of the tanks maybe deliberate by the Russian army with low morale from their conscience.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by MangekyoAlt: 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
Putin, the man with iron balls. Tormentor of the West grin
Where is that stupid fowl called boris Johnson? Be like say my prayer for great Britain to be turned to dust will soon come to pass.
Give them hot hot Vlad!

Ps: Russia had a nuclear drill before this invasion. If USA and EU get mind, make them threaten russia. All of them go collect

91 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by Mac2016(m): 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
Trailing the path of destruction. The price may be high for the world but something is certain. Putin will fail!
But my advise, Nigerians should not sleep o...
The war may soon be like Covid-19 if we are dispose to it as the latter.
May God save the world from destruction.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by nairalander2020(m): 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
Russia has the largest nuclear stock pile in the world.
Facts check#

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by ruggedtimi(m): 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
Na there Putin power end... nuclearhead. Man just showed he is a coward.Russian President Vladimir Putin has used two-thirds of the Russian total combat power, he applied to this invasion

186 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by Whobedatte(m): 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
Mad Putin will be disgraced .

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by seunny4lif(m): 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
Nairaland no come get news again
War is going on Ethiopia yet I have never see it on the FP.
Everyday on Nairaland is Russia this Russia that
@Seun, when did you turn Nairaland to CNN or BBC.

Well, I’m moving down to Okitipupa or Ado-Ekiti because if a WW3 broke out then Nigeria will enter civil war.
Many Africa countries will enter civil war as Africa leaders will not have a place to pack all those stolen money to.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by Omicron007: 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
shocked

Someone should tell the guy above me that the Russian/Ukraine crisis is a threat to Global Peace and Stability.

Africa has been fighting senseless wars for ages but this current Russia/Ukraine war can metarmophorse into WW3.

113 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by mactoni91(m): 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
This isn't just about Ukraine...

Putin dey set trap for NATO/EU.

NATO/EU has conducted their Risk Assessments and won't fall for the Bait.

The real showdown would start if PUTIN hits a NATO/EU member.

Germany, France and UK are already on high alerts.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by Omicron007: 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
shocked

Less than a week into the war and he wants to press the Nuclear button already...
This tells you how weak Putin's army is.

Almost half of the offensive have crossed borders into Ukraine. Yet, he is left with no option than to go nuclear.

If Putin nukes Ukraine or any country, he is a sore loser. What if he was fighting USA, NK or UK?

114 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by CharleyBright(m): 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
I knew this will happen.
Demented Putin is the Hitler of present day.
This evil man is very ready to use Nuclear weapon to destroy the entire world even if he will die in the process.
All those rooting for Putin on Nairaland, you all are supporting a mad man who don't give a fvck about your black asses.
A mere looking at his face tells you Putin is mentally sick.

I read people saying on Nairaland that USA has chickened out and is afraid of engaging Russia in a war, and I shake my head is disbelieve at naiveties. When u want to engage in a fight, weigh your options and determine the cost implication, consider the collateral damages, and the extent your enemy will want to go in the fight.
There is no way Russia can win a war against the US and the joint NATO forces comprising of (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Australia etc) unless Putin is very ready to deplore Nuclear and Biological weapons.
And the US possibly have Intel he intends to use these weapons.
If it requires to back out against such enemy, simply do it to save the world populace of collateral damage.
A Nuclear or Biological weapon will devastate the entire world, and demented Putin doesn't care.
So, all those supporting Putin, be ready to continue to support him when his Nuclear weapons gets to your door.
Only evil people support evil.

155 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by pman096(m): 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
Issorite
Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by Hadizometer: 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2022
WWIII is at d corner

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by blamingthedevil: 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2022
Here comes the end of Putin....

Putin is showing the world how weak he has become and how badly this invasion has been. Now bringing nuclear weapons into the conversation. Any nuclear strike on any NATO nation, would mean the end of Russia too. Just big words, from a small man.

319 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by moshoodn(m): 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2022
Could this escalation be the beginning of the end?

I hope not.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by Starz825(m): 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2022
World war 3 is looming
He be like you no know wetin dem dey call nuclear weapon.... embarassed

Guy, I'm having the feeling that Putin might be eliminated soon or betrayed somehow by his own people... because something needs to be done urgently before *his honourable madness Putin* bring the whole world to her knees..

However, our people wey dey Russia..make Dem dey try move out ooo..
As he dey hot...there will be a lot of clap back on Russia...
It's Russia against the world and you know what that means...

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by FamTomx2(m): 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2022
kiss

Putin is still really upset with the US & NATO....

E go hot oh!

When ICBM will begin to fly past or fly into Africa come reach Zoo, how e go be self? Most of una doesn't know what Bomb shelter or trenches look like grin. Not to talk about bunker..

Arghh, e go red oh!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2022
Vladimir Putin's nahh real destroyer I pray he doesn't succeed in all his evil plans to all over the world just because of his hatred to United States of America, very useless man

14 Likes

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by josielewa(m): 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2022
if a ww3 is coming, then the nwo is also about to be ushered in....Putin my niggar, a beg no use nuclear ooo....i never knack Toto this year...make una take am sofry...

14 Likes

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by Righteousness2(m): 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2022
The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse are preparing to ride.

None of the seals of the book of Revelation have been opened and yet the world is already in Disarray and Chaos.

I Begin to imagine the tempo and atmosphere of the world when the seals are opened!

We are living in the Last of the Last Moments!
You Don't want to be on Earth after the RAPTURE! All Hell will be let loose.
Settle the Matter of your soul with JESUS Christ !

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by System202: 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2022
I give my 100% support to Putin. I trust u Putin. If I am president of Nigeria I will have pledge my alliance to u. Hero of the world. SIR. Vlamidir Putin
I will name my Child to Putin

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by BloomingDale(f): 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2022
pacino26:
Matters arising.

The war is not with Ukraine, the war is to usher a new world order.

You sabi. America will be destroyed by Russia and China. NATO will finally team up with China and Russia.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions by Lawalemi(m): 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2022
He will end in disgrace

20 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Matteo Messina: Italy's Most Wanted Mafia Boss Arrested After 30 yrs On The Run / Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar / Poster Of Kenyan Female Political Aspirant Gets People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.