Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,835 members, 7,806,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers (1101 Views)

War: Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers / Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers / Hundreds Arrested As Russians Protest Invasion Of Ukraine (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers by Toktee(m): 4:06pm On Feb 27, 2022
Ukrainian authorities on Sunday launched a website to help Russian families track down soldiers who have been killed or captured fighting in Moscow’s invasion of the pro-Western country.

The site — 200rf.com — contains pictures of the documents and corpses of Russian soldiers Ukraine said had been killed since President Vladimir Putin launched the attack.

It also has videos of soldiers Ukraine says it has captured.

“I am talking to you in Russian because this site was created for you,” Viktor Andrusiv, an adviser to the interior minister, said in a video posted on the site.

“I know that many Russians are worried about how and where their children, sons, husbands are and what is happening to them — so we decided to put this online so that each of you could search for your loved one who Putin sent to fight in Ukraine.”

READ ALSO: Thousands Flee As Fighting Breaks Out In Ukraine’s Second-Biggest City

Andrusiv said that over the past three days Ukrainian forces had captured almost 200 Russian soldiers and more than 3,000 Russian troops had died.

“We have documents, photos and videos of all of these people,” Andrusiv said.

The name of the site references the well-known term Gruz-200 (Cargo-200) that was used by Soviet military for corpses being flown back from the war in Afghanistan in the 1980s.

Russia’s defence ministry has so far given no details of any military losses in Ukraine since launching a multi-pronged attack Putin called a “special operation” to protect two separatist regions.

The head of the North Caucasus region of Dagestan, Sergei Melikov, on Saturday became the first official to report the death of a Russian soldier in Ukraine.

He posted a tribute on his official Instagram page, paying homage to an officer he said had been killed during the “special operation to defend Donbas”.

The Kremlin has launched a major propaganda campaign to control coverage of the war in Ukraine and has ordered media to use only Russia’s official versions of events.

Moscow has long been accused of covering up losses suffered by its forces as they backed pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine and fought in Syria.

Lev Shlosberg, a prominent liberal politician, has suggested Russia’s military was using mobile crematoriums to destroy evidence of those killed in Ukraine.

“There is no war. No dead. No tombs. People will just be no more. Forever,” he wrote on his blog.

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers by complexBoss12: 4:07pm On Feb 27, 2022
Its foolish to fight a war, you know you cant win.

If you are a christian, when Herod wanted to kill Jesus in the Bible, God, I mean the Almighty God, that could just could kill herod in his sleep, asked Joseph to carry his family and run.

The Igbos have a saying that "If you wake up in the morning and a fowl starts to pursue you, run, it might have grown teeth at night"

Whats my point??

Ukraine is being sacrificed for a bigger picture, them too know that this is not yet a war, if Russia decides to come out for them. Ukraine President should sit down with Putin and end this war. There is nothing like a glorious death.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers by maticar: 4:09pm On Feb 27, 2022
Media wars
Re: Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers by YeyeGbami: 4:18pm On Feb 27, 2022
maticar:
Media wars

You’re smart.
Re: Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers by lafex: 4:25pm On Feb 27, 2022
Thats the problem of war, no party is a winner. All you just see is death of people from both sides
Re: Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers by Toktee(m): 4:26pm On Feb 27, 2022
complexBoss12:

If you are a christian, when Herod wanted to kill Jesus in the Bible, God, I mean the Almighty God, that could just could herod in his sleep, asked Joseph to carry his family and run.

The Igbos have a saying that "If you wake up in the morning and a fowl starts to pursue you, run, it might have grown teeth at night"

Whats my point??

Ukraine is being sacrificed for a bigger picture, them too know that this is not yet a war, if Russia decides to come out for them. Ukraine President should sit down with Putin and end this war. There is nothing like a glorious death.
Russia cannot do anything more than what they are doing now... Ukraine is a sovereign nation as such Russia has no power to chose allies for her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers by Toktee(m): 4:28pm On Feb 27, 2022
maticar:
Media wars
How? Is there no website for that effect?.... Is there no Russia's dead soldiers?
Re: Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers by Ever8090: 4:29pm On Feb 27, 2022
complexBoss12:

If you are a christian, when Herod wanted to kill Jesus in the Bible, God, I mean the Almighty God, that could just could herod in his sleep, asked Joseph to carry his family and run.

Whats my point??

I bet you don't know better than the entire inhabitants of Ukraine, if you take this your advice to them, them will assigned nursery school kids to educate you on the matter..

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers by NaijaCowFarm: 4:32pm On Feb 27, 2022
Toktee:
Russia cannot do anything more than what they are doing now... Ukraine is a sovereign nation as such Russia has no power to chose allies for her.

Russia is a big-for-nothing gas station just like Nigeria. As the sanctions get tougher, the regime may get desperate and the oligarchs would ask Putin and his puppets to step down. He dares not touch any nuclear button, the Russian Federation would be wiped out the surface of the earth forever.

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers by FaceTanke: 4:37pm On Feb 27, 2022
E get how this war be sef

No be the type wey we dey see inside movies

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers by slimghost(m): 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2022
All these childish propaganda from Ukraine will not help her. Her cities will suffer destructions at the end of this.
They allowed US to drag them into this mess.
Re: Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers by princemillla(m): 5:18pm On Feb 27, 2022
Is it only that think Ukraine has really done more damage to Russia that vice ?
Re: Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers by Help2020: 5:33pm On Feb 27, 2022
complexBoss12:

Whats my point??

Don't mind the comedian. He is busy talking about the soldiers lost by Russia,he didn't give update about his loss too. Foolish man.
Re: Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers by Bobloco: 5:39pm On Feb 27, 2022
Psychological warfare.

If you know you know
Re: Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers by pol23: 5:41pm On Feb 27, 2022
Don’t just win on media,win in real life…
I feel pity for poor Ukrainian drag into this nonsense…
A comedian start a comedy show with Human lives and livelihood.
Re: Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers by Merisbankie(m): 5:49pm On Feb 27, 2022
NaijaCowFarm:

Russia is a big-for-nothing gas station just like Nigeria. As the sanctions get tougher, the regime may get desperate and the oligarchs would ask Putin and his puppets to step down. He dares not touch any nuclear button, the Russian Federation would be wiped out the surface of the earth forever.
Who told you
Re: Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers by AchalugoNwa(f): 5:51pm On Feb 27, 2022
pure psychological warfare here.

hmmmm Russians might start a revolution against Putin sooner or later
Re: Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 27, 2022
And I thought civilization would make us more peaceful, indeed access to information doesn't cure dullness, because even with the information they don't know what to do with it.
Re: Ukraine Launches Website For Russians To Find Killed Soldiers by Toktee(m): 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2022
pol23:
Don’t just win on media,win in real life…
I feel pity for poor Ukrainian drag into this nonsense…
A comedian start a comedy show with Human lives and livelihood.
But who's counting dead bodies?

(1) (Reply)

Group Of NATO Leaders Pledge Heavy Weapon Support For Ukraine / We Are Determined To Destroy All Churches In Israel, That Is Will Of God -rabbi / Air France Plane Goes Missing Over The Atlantic - No Chance Of Survivors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.