Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria (26113 Views)

Aba Residents Opt For Train Ride Due To Bad Roads: Pictures & Video / Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K / Lagos-Ibadan Free Train Ride: After Low Patronage Passengers Besiege Iju Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by fuckokuku: 5:32am On Mar 02, 2022
Hmm
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Deicide: 5:34am On Mar 02, 2022
From Abuja to Kaduna. The train is Slow it took two and half - three Hours to get to Kaduna. lipsrsealed but the ride was comfortable though. I also like the fact that seats have where you can plug you phone or laptop to use grin

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by ExplorationHub: 5:35am On Mar 02, 2022
It looks nice

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by blamingthedevil: 5:36am On Mar 02, 2022
God Bless President Buhari
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by EmmaLege: 5:41am On Mar 02, 2022
kiss kiss kiss
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by DanielAlhassan(m): 5:59am On Mar 02, 2022
I traveled from kaduna to Lagos via train

The experience was bad

From the moment the train started moving
The train started showing sign

Before we reach niger state they have repair the train more than ten time

Before we got to south Western States

The train refuse to move

Journey of two days took us more than a week

I promise myself that I will never enter Nigeria train no matter what

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Burgerlomo: 6:06am On Mar 02, 2022
U 4 show your beautiful face nau grin
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by ilyasom(m): 6:11am On Mar 02, 2022
God bless buhari government for this train service. I hope they connect it to Abuja from Itakpe

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by jeromeekugbere(m): 6:14am On Mar 02, 2022
Sorry about your experience, I plan on using the train on a trip from warri to Abj soon, I just hope everything is working well now, I pray make I nor pass through this kind wahala

DanielAlhassan:

The experience was bad

The train refuse to move

Journey of two days took us a more than a week

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Gadafii: 6:24am On Mar 02, 2022
Can someone go from Lagos to Abuja by train, even if you have to break the journey into two.

Because the last time I plied that Lagos to Abuja by road, I didn't have enough for flight ticket and the discomfort in that bus weakend my left legs for weeks that I couldn't even stretch the legs fully.
So I would love to know how one can navigate Lagos to Abuja by train
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by hakeem4(m): 6:25am On Mar 02, 2022
It was actually fun but slow.
From Ibadan to Lagos I spent almost 3 hours on train, and just few train stop.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Khaysee: 6:36am On Mar 02, 2022
More awareness and the train should be maintained properly after many years of use
Maintenance culture is key

Affordable men clothing payment on delivery Turkey shirts chinos 4k only

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by adefitim(m): 6:36am On Mar 02, 2022
Thank you all for sharing your wonderful experiences.
Hope to take a ride one day...

NAIJA WILL BE GREAT

1 Like

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by tuclap(m): 6:39am On Mar 02, 2022
How do I go by train from kogi to Kano by train?
folake4u:
Who knew one could leave Edo and Delta State and get to Kogi State under 3hrs?
Well, now you know.
The starting point is at Ujevwu(Warri) and last railway station at Itakpe,Kogi State. From there, you can go to any northern state of your choice and it's a safe option as against the long road trips.
The sequence is in this format:
Ujevwu(Warri), Okpara, Abraka, Agbor (all in Delta State) then Igbanke, Ekehen, Uromi, Agenebode, Itogbo(all in Edo State), and finally Ajaokuta, Itakpe (both in Kogi State).

Ujevwu-Itakpe destination (Morning Train)
For instance, the train departs from Ujevwu(Warri) at 8am, it gets to Agbor at 9:26am, and then Igbanke at 9:49am, next is Ajaokuta at 12:01noon, the final stop is at Itakpe, 12:49noon

Ujevwu-Itakpe (Afternoon Train)
Ujevwu- 2:15pm
Agbor- 3:41pm
Ajaokuta- 6:15pm
Itakpe- 7:04pm

Itakpe-Ujevwu destination (Morning Train)
Itakpe:8:30am
Ajaokuta:9:23am
Agbor: 11:57am
Finally, Ujevwu (Warri): 1:19pm.

Afternoon Train-
Itakpe- 2:45pm
Ajaokuta- 3:38pm
Agbor: 6:12pm
Finally, Ujevwu- 7:34pm

I boarded at Ajaokuta Railway Station and these are the prices to the following.
From Ajaokuta to Itakpe- N1,400
Itogbo- N1,400
Agenebode- N1,400
Uromi- N1,400
Ekehen- N3,000 Igbanke, Agenebode, Abraka, Okpara, Agbor, Ujevwu- all 3k (for economy class).
First Class to the above locations is N5,500.
Price list for Abeokuta-Ibadan
First Class: N2,000
Standard: N1,500
Regular: N600
Minor(children): N300

Price list for Lagos-Abeokuta
Business Class: N5,000
Standard Class: N3,500
Regular: N2,000
Minor(children): N950

Price list for Lagos-Ibadan
First Class: N6,000(AC+Canteen+ Charging port)
Business Class: N5,000 (AC+ Charging port)
Regular: N2,500(AC + Charging port)
Minor(children): N300 (AC + charging port)

Price list for Abuja-Kaduna
First Class: N6,000
Standard : N5,000
Regular: N2600

Pic 1: First Class coach I boarded.
Pic 2: My seat.
PS: All seats(whether Economy or First class) have charging ports beside it, plus AC.
The First Class coach I boarded was showing YouTube Yoruba movie channel.
Pic 3: First Class ticket.

PS: They also sell snacks and soft drinks on the train in case you're hungry.
There's also armed Police officers on the train to maintain law and order. tongue

It should be noted that before buying tickets at the Ajaokuta Railway Station, you'd have to write your name in the logbook and also present your ID card at the counter. Any means of identification is fine, whether Driver's license, International Passport, NIN, Student ID.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by tito44: 6:40am On Mar 02, 2022
GEJ really tried with train revolution in Nigeria. God bless Good luck Ebele Jonathan
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 6:59am On Mar 02, 2022
Avrima:
One day, me sef go enter train.

Trust me, it's nice. smiley
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 7:00am On Mar 02, 2022
Deicide:
From Abuja to Kaduna. The train is Slow it took two and half - three Hours to get to Kaduna. lipsrsealed but the ride was comfortable though. I also like the face that seats have where you can plug you phone or laptop to use grin

Yeah, the ride is comfy. I also like the fact that you can plug your phone/laptop to use. cheesy
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 7:01am On Mar 02, 2022
DanielAlhassan:

The experience was bad

The train refuse to move

Journey of two days took us a more than a week

Oh I'm sorry about your bad experience. It's not like that anymore.
I didn't experience any issues boarding it recently.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by qekng40(f): 7:01am On Mar 02, 2022
Haven't had an experience, but wishes to.
Personally Train rides is the second safest after Air transport.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 7:02am On Mar 02, 2022
Burgerlomo:
U 4 show your beautiful face nau grin

I nor fine oh. grin grin
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 7:03am On Mar 02, 2022
ilyasom:
God bless buhari government for this train service. I hope they connect it to Abuja from Itakpe

I heard they're doing a connection direct from Abuja to Itakpe. I don't really know how true it is.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by shantti(m): 7:03am On Mar 02, 2022
Imagine, south east doesn't have a workable train station

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Action102(m): 7:05am On Mar 02, 2022
folake4u:
This was my first time boarding a train ride and it was eventful yet awesome.
Many Nigerians have taken to using the railway service as against road trips(which is farther, fear of bandits, and bad roads).
For instance, from Abuja to Benin is 10-12hrs straight by road. lipsrsealed

There are different railway stations in Nigeria and they ply several routes which includes:
1. Ujevwu-Itakpe.
2. Abeokuta-Ibadan
3. Lagos-Abeokuta
4. Lagos-Ibadan
5. Abuja-Kaduna

The Beginning:
There are two railway stations in Kogi State, Ajaokuta Railway station and Itakpe Railway station.
I boarded a bus from Abuja at Jabi Motorpark, I told the bus driver I was going to Itakpe Railway station but he dropped me at Ajaokuta Railway Station instead.
From Abuja to Itakpe is 3hrs, the price is 3,500-4k.
From Abuja to Ajaokuta is 5hrs. The driver collected 2,500 from me.
So, choose your poison. I prefer anyone drops at Itakpe Railway Station though (because it's the last and most important bus stop).
The train leaves twice in a day, morning and afternoon and so I had missed the morning train, and so I waited for the afternoon train.
Morning train leaves Itakpe at 8:30am while that at Ajaokuta is 9:23am.
Afternoon train leaves Itakpe at 2:45pm, that of Ajaokuta is 3:38pm.
Tickets are sold 20-30mins to the train arrival at Ajaokuta Railway station.
There are two types of tickets sold here.
1. First class- N5,500.
2. Economy class- N3000.

I boarded the First Class coach because I wanted comfort and less noise.

From Ajaokuta to Agbor is 3hrs and so I got to Agbor at 6:30pm(instead of 6:12pm) because there was delay at the earliest train station in Uromi.

I boarded a bus at Agbor Railway Station to Benin for N2,000 and I arrived safely home and dry.

Share your train ride experience here, whether Ujevwu-Itakpe, Abeokuta-Ibadan, Lagos-Abeokuta, Lagos-Ibadan, or Abuja-Kaduna.

Pic 1: Train station at Ajaokuta, Kogi State.
Pic 2-3: Waiting area of passengers. These passengers were very tired. Some of them like me missed their morning train ride.
Pic 4: Arrival of morning train passengers who want to board vehicle to Abuja.

Have never Had One
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 7:08am On Mar 02, 2022
Gadafii:
Can someone go from Lagos to Abuja by train, even if you have to break the journey into two.

Because the last time I plied that Lagos to Abuja by road, I didn't have enough for flight ticket and the discomfort in that bus weakend my left legs for weeks that I couldn't even stretch the legs fully.
So I would love to know how one can navigate Lagos to Abuja by train

Well, I don't know how possible it is to navigate Lagos to Abuja by train.
The railway channels through Abuja include Warri, Okpara, Abraka, Agbor(all in Delta State), Uromi, Agenebode Itogbo (these three in Edo State), Ajaokuta and lastly Itakpe(Kogi State).

The only way you can get to Abuja from Lagos is if you board a bus headed to Warri, then use train ride straight to Itakpe Railway station and finally get a bus headed to Abuja.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by Cj4charles(m): 7:08am On Mar 02, 2022
No even one from port Harcourt.... As big and busy it is
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 7:10am On Mar 02, 2022
hakeem4:
It was actually fun but slow.
From Ibadan to Lagos I spent almost 3 hours on train, and just few bus stops.

Thank you for sharing your experience. smiley

Hope you liked the train ride las las?
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 7:12am On Mar 02, 2022
tuclap:
How do I go by train from kogi to Kano by train?

Hi there. I don't think there's a train route passing Kano.

It's only Abuja-Kaduna that has railway station there.
Re: Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 7:15am On Mar 02, 2022
qekng40:
Haven't had an experience, but wishes to.
Personally Train rides is the second safest after Air transport.

Aww, you should experience it, it's actually nice. smiley

Having used road, air and train ride, I can boldly agree that it's the second safest mode of transportation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Russia, Ukraine War: How Are Nigerians Living There Coping? / Top5 Things You Can Learn From The Hausa / 21 Things To Know About The Proposed Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.