Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely (526 Views)

Senegal's Political Crisis Deepens As Govt Suspends Tiktok Indefinitely / Trump Suspended Indefinitely From Snapchat / Facebook, Instagram Extend Donald Trump's Ban Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by brave212: 7:55pm On Feb 28, 2022
have been kicked out of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar by FIFA after the world governing body and the European association, UEFA, issued a joint statement to confirm that all Russian national teams and clubs have been suspended until further notice following the invasion of Ukraine.

Amid growing pressure from European nations and the International Olympic Committee, FIFA and UEFA confirmed Monday that Russia would have no involvement in the upcoming World Cup playoffs -- Russia were due to play Poland in a semifinal ahead of a potential final against Sweden or the Czech Republic in March -- and that the Russia women's team would be removed from the European Championships due to be staged in England in July.

Spartak Moscow have also been removed from the Europa League, meaning round of 16 opponent RB Leipzig will be handed a bye to the quarterfinals of the competition.
Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by hopefulLandlord: 7:56pm On Feb 28, 2022
The World Cup is going to be played in a country with very serious human rights violations. Keeping Russia out of it because its government invaded a country sounds a bit hypocritical.
now I want them to be fair by banning USA, England and Saudi Arabia next for what they did in Yemen where hundreds of thousands have died and 5 million children are starving and malnourished. USA for what they did to Iraq while under the excuse of imaginary WMD being present there, France for what they did and are still doing in Africa, NATO countries for what they did in Libya, Israel for the ethnic cleansing they keep doing to Palestine and Turkey for what they're doing to Syria but I won't be holding my breath because I know FIFA and UEFA are totally controlled by Western powers

Remember kids only European Lives matter. all you need is the full support of the west and you can do anything. Invade, occupy and steal the wealth of a nation and face no consequences. Illegally occupy houses and literally no consequence, other European countries will just release a "we condemn this" message and be done with it. Who cares they are brown people.

But if a nation goes against the west and starts killing white people. Oh the horror. Human rights, war crimes, these words will be thrown around and you will get high sanctions, gets you banned from various things. Only cause it affects white people.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by Officialgarri: 7:56pm On Feb 28, 2022
I stand with Russia and we will see this war to the end.

I'll take FIFA serious when they ban those who killed millions in the middle east

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by BloomingDale(f): 7:57pm On Feb 28, 2022
So FIFA is after all a political organization. Una well done o.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:58pm On Feb 28, 2022
If that's gonna get some Sense into the bloody monster's head...fine..let him feel the heat..let him understand how life works..
All Evil and bully must be dealt with..

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by dialfa: 7:59pm On Feb 28, 2022
BloomingDale:
So FIFA is after all a political organization. Una well done o.

Yes.

I remember they suspended Nigeria in 1996 because of Abacha.
Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by liftedud(m): 8:05pm On Feb 28, 2022
Wait for General
Putin to react
Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by hopefulLandlord: 8:05pm On Feb 28, 2022
dialfa:

Yes.

Abacha himself withdrew the team from Afcon which led to the ban. This is like Putin withdrawing his team from playing WCQ right now. Totally different from what they're doing to Russia. Also IOC didn't ban Nigeria we won the Olympics football competition that very year
Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by Leboska(m): 8:08pm On Feb 28, 2022
I love this news. Nice one, Squeeze the bastard bully
Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by Frankiss44(m): 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2022
Officialgarri:

I'll take FIFA serious when they ban those who killed millions in the middle east

Keep standing, Nobody knows you undecided
Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by Frankiss44(m): 8:11pm On Feb 28, 2022
Leboska:
I love this news. Nice one, Squeeze the bastard bully

LOL.. Very soon Putin will start fighting two wars.. One in Ukraine and the other back home.. His foot soldiers should be ready to kill as many Russians as possible when the people will take to the streets
Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by IamAtikulate: 8:12pm On Feb 28, 2022
More bloody nose to LORD Putin.

Sifia pains for Putin e-rodents.

Death to tyranny.
Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by Iamgrey5(m): 8:19pm On Feb 28, 2022
I believe Hitler would have had supporters if he was alive today.

Those guys that eats, sleep and drink In alternative universe would have loved him as they love Putin now.

In what world does invasion of a country who have hardly provoked you or who can hardly match your military's strength seen as a proactive or defensive strategy, if not alternative universe.
Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by Iamgrey5(m): 8:26pm On Feb 28, 2022
Officialgarri:

America is a liberal democracy, hence you can easily see its shortcomings because of nature of liberal democracy is to expose terrible judgement.

Russian on the other hand is a dictatorship where Putin is the alpha and Omega.

Meanwhile, Russia has also killed millions in Crimea, Afghanistan, Belarus, Georgia and in speratist Chechnya region of Russia to mention a few over the years.
Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by silverlinen(m): 8:36pm On Feb 28, 2022
These won't deter Putin from attacking, these man don't just give a damn bout what sporting institutions do to his country.
Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by helinues: 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2022
O set go

grin
Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by Samade7: 8:47pm On Feb 28, 2022
Officialgarri:

Werey u will soon fall down cheesy
Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by Whazar(m): 8:54pm On Feb 28, 2022
Nice one FIFA
Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by Tip101(m): 8:56pm On Feb 28, 2022
Nice one…

What people do not know about all these sanctions is this, the people (Russians) will end up rising against Putin (they have started already tho) but then, the longer and tougher the sanctions, the more the pressure on Putin by Russians.

He may end up being overthrown or forced to step down. Any which way, it’s a win for Ukrain, Russians and the whole world.

But with the kind of person Putin is, I bet he’d willingly step down or let himself to be overthrown. He’d rather commit suicide lol.
Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by omenkaLives(m): 8:56pm On Feb 28, 2022
Officialgarri:

Those people are the most important financiers of these multinational and multilateral organizations.

Remember what is said about the piper and the tunes they play. wink
Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by seunny4lif(m): 8:58pm On Feb 28, 2022
dialfa:

Yes.

Abacha withdrew Nigeria from going to South Africa then Nigeria suspended for the next nations cup
Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by seunny4lif(m): 9:01pm On Feb 28, 2022
Iamgrey5:
America is a liberal democracy, hence you can easily see its shortcomings because of nature of liberal democracy is to expose terrible judgement.

Russian on the other hand is a dictatorship where Putin is the alpha and Omega.

Meanwhile, Russia has also killed millions in Crimea, Afghanistan, Belarus, Georgia and in speratist Chechnya region of Russia to mention a few over the years.
USA is what?
USA biggest allies in the ME, killed someone inside her embassy in Turkey and what did you USA did?
Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by ObamaMessi: 9:02pm On Feb 28, 2022
I'm completely satisfied with fifa's decision.I can see putin standing next to his grave.
Re: Breaking News : Fifa Suspend Russia Indefinitely by Iamgrey5(m): 9:21pm On Feb 28, 2022
seunny4lif:

USA is what?
USA biggest allies in the ME, killed someone inside her embassy in Turkey and what did you USA did?
And you only found out because there are those Americans willing to expose those crimes.

Some of whom are protected by American laws but please can you tell me such laws or liberty under Russian laws.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ukraine Vs Russia: Western Medias Using False Picture To Spread Propaganda / BREAKING: UK Annual Inflation Rises To 6.2%, The Highest In Three Decades / Video: LOL Russian Army Making Fireworks Out Of Ukraine S300

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.