Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,802 members, 7,806,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland (1624 Views)

Five Places To Meet "Husband Materials" In Nigeria / RRS Operatives Rescue Stranded Girl On Third Mainland Bridge (Photo) / If You Live On The Mainland And You Work On The Island,this Is For You!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by mykwaba: 9:03am On Mar 01, 2022
The most populated part of Lagos is the mainland. It is considered to be the preferred choice of location for an average Lagosian, perhaps due to its much affordable lifestyle compared to the Island.

Here are some of the best places to live on the mainland;

1. Ikeja

Ikeja is the capital of Lagos and it remains one of the most populated places in the state. It is one of the exclusive residential areas of the Lagos mainland and being the capital, it houses most government parastatals with both the Governor’s office and government house. It is also regarded as the business hub of the state. Ikeja is a well planned, clean, and quiet residential area in Lagos. If you like to hang out with friends, you can head to the Ikeja city mall or any cinemas, bars, or restaurants that are found throughout this neighborhood. There are also a lot of good schools, hospitals, and security outposts in Ikeja. It is a goldmine for landlords and property agents. Even if living in Ikeja sounds expensive, it is among the affordable places to live in Lagos.

2. Yaba

Another amazing place to live in Lagos is Yaba. It is one of the most popular places in Lagos. known as the Silicon Valley of Nigeria. Majority of internet start-ups like Co-Creation hub, Andela and others has turned Yaba to one of the most sought-after locations. It is a suburb located in Lagos Mainland and one of the best places to start a family in Lagos. It also accommodates major schools in Lagos like The University of Lagos located in Akoka, Queens College and Yaba College of Technology making Yaba a place for the younger generation. In addition, Yaba has one of the busiest market sites in Lagos, known as Tejuosho Market, Nigeria. The nightlife in Yaba is next to nothing.

3. Surulere

The neighborhood of Surulere is perfectly suited for young working professionals and social butterflies on a budget but with a preference for liveliness. It is one of the best places to live in Lagos. It is at the center of Lagos and connected to almost all routes and roads in Lagos. It also has popular landmarks like the National Stadium Lagos, National Arts Theatre, Teslim Balogun Stadium, Adeniran Ogunsanya Shopping mall, Ojuelegba, Amala Shitta, St. Anthony’s Catholic Church, the Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NIRA), and the Nigerian Breweries. If you are looking for a place to reside in Lagos on a budget, you should rent an apartment in Surulere. There are a lot of attractive places to live like Bode Thomas, Coker, Shitta, and Orile.

4. Festac

Festac Town is a federal housing estate located along the Lagos-Badagry Expressway in Lagos State. It is one of the best places to live with a family in Lagos, and also one of the most peaceful places in Lagos state. This area boasts of reliable power supply, accessible police and fire stations, state of the arts supermarkets, restaurants, hotels, health centers, and post offices. Living in Festac allows you to enjoy your life in Lagos.

5. Magodo

Magodo is a place in Kosofe Local Government Area, Lagos. It lies toward the outskirts of Lagos in close proximity to Ikeja and Ojodu Berger. It is basically a residential area that is known to be home to some affluent people in the society. If you are looking for a place to live in Lagos that has good security, a lively environment, fantastic social amenities, good roads, and friendly neighbors, then you should relocate to Magodo. With a lot of Estates springing up in between Ajah and the Lekki, Magodo is one of the best places to live in Lagos, there are a lot of cheap land and houses in this part of Lagos that you can capitalize on.

If you ever plan to enjoy life in Lagos, the above places will offer you good comfort and allows you to access your place of work without hassle.

Kwaba can help you secure an apartment in any of these locations or any other oarts of Lagos and Abuja while you pay back in convenient monthly installments. Visit our website via the link below to use this service.

https:///3srtjju

Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by bibianna(f): 9:32am On Mar 01, 2022
Its Agbara Estate & Okokomaiko! wink
Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by mykwaba: 9:36am On Mar 02, 2022
What? ��

bibianna:
Its Agbara Estate & Okokomaiko! wink
Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by ImaIma1(f): 10:37am On Mar 02, 2022
Festac...not easily accessible.
Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:40am On Mar 02, 2022
I love Magodo. kiss
Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 02, 2022
Having lived in Festac for many years, I can say it's a super cool place to live. Plenty of babes cheesy & Den of married Anambra men chasing single ladies from pillar to post.

The biggest concern is that It's far from every where.

1. Far from Island
2. Far from Ikeja central
3. Far from International Airport
4. Traffic jam at Apapa Terminal leads to traffic at Mile 2 road as well
5. Orile traffic can reduce life span by 11 years.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by Quim2: 12:06pm On Mar 02, 2022
ImaIma1:

LOL, kindly elaborate cos I really don't get you.

With more than 4 access roads linking it to major highways it's still inaccessible to You?
Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by ImaIma1(f): 12:18pm On Mar 02, 2022
Quim2:

With more than 4 access roads linking it to major highways it's still inaccessible to You?

I used to be a regular visitor at festac a while back. If you work on the island especially, it ain't easy. After passing orile traffic, you meet Alaba/suru Alaba, mile 2, etc.

Anything that involves going to that axis means that it is very important.
Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by Mariangeles(f): 12:41pm On Mar 02, 2022
truthsayer009:
Having lived in Festac for many years, I can say it's a super cool place to live. Plenty of babes cheesy & Den of married Anambra men chasing single ladies from pillar to post.

1. Far from Island

A part of your post cracked me up, but I won’t tell you what part. grin

Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by pocohantas(f): 1:57pm On Mar 02, 2022
truthsayer009:

1. Far from Island

Wahala be like Festac. grin
Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by GloriousGbola: 2:17pm On Mar 02, 2022
mykwaba:
The most populated part of Lagos is the mainland. It is considered to be the preferred choice of location for an average Lagosian, perhaps due to its much affordable lifestyle compared to the Island.

Here are some of the best places to live on the mainland;

4. Festac

Festac Town is a federal housing estate located along the Lagos-Badagry Expressway in Lagos State. It is one of the best places to live with a family in Lagos, and also one of the most peaceful places in Lagos state. This area boasts of reliable power supply, accessible police and fire stations, state of the arts supermarkets, restaurants, hotels, health centers, and post offices. Living in Festac allows you to enjoy your life in Lagos.

https:///3srtjju

i have lived in festac since 1999, and i call BS on this. festac is a rapidly deteriorating slum

It is one of the best places to live with a family in Lagos
- festac is full of nightclubs and asahawo joints. any playgrounds left have been turned to car lots or open air markets,

and also one of the most peaceful places in Lagos state

right now, there is burgeoning car vandalisation where gangs roam at night looking for closes with cars to vandalize.

This area boasts of reliable power supply
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

accessible police and fire stations
, God help you if you are a youth in festac. I am frankly svcared for my kids as in a few years, these bastard police will start harassing them as well

state of the arts supermarkets, restaurants, hotels, health centers, and post offices.

state of the art. even the shoprite in festac was scaled down to match the clientele. maybe by hotels you mean all those glorified short time joints. as for that post office lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Living in Festac allows you to enjoy your life in Lagos.

if your base is alaba, yes. if not you will just get to your meetings late if you dont plan yourself very well. and driving home through orile is riding the fury road, waiting for a traffic jam and bands of window smashing traffic robbers

people keep telling me [and rightly so] to take the plunge and leave once and for all.

festac is not it

though if you are into women small girls, big girls, married, divorced, separated - all are in plentiful supply.

truthsayer009:

1. Far from Island

yep.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by Quim2: 9:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
ImaIma1:

I used to be a regular visitor at festac a while back. If you work on the island especially, it ain't easy. After passing orile traffic, you meet Alaba/suru Alaba, mile 2, etc.

Anything that involves going to that axis means that it is very important.

Orile down to Alaba suru is actually a slum. An extention of Ajegunle

It's not the only way to festac but the most direct considering your location.

There are folks that live in festac who don't go to the island at all. That area is very developed and self sufficient.

Personally in the last 5 years I have only been to the island once and that was to see an old friend with whom I worked with in lekki many years back.
I live in Agbara Estate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by izzou(m): 8:48am On Mar 03, 2022
When you depend on Google for your research, this is the gibberish you have to present.

Festac had reliable power supply? grin

You even said they have accessible fire stations? That dilapidated one along 3rd avenue with a 1977 Mercedes truck that j doubt if it starts?

I even saw post offices? That one along 22 road wey only the premises go make you doubt if your letter go reach in time.

Festac is a shadow of itself. If you like noise, ashawo and you have no Corolla, Festac is the ideal place to be

5 Likes

Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by mitchelle16(f): 11:05am On Mar 03, 2022
Mariangeles:

A part of your post cracked me up, but I won’t tell you what part. grin

We know which the part
Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by maclatunji: 11:22am On Mar 03, 2022
Quim2:

All clogged up with construction or traffic. The person is right
Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by maclatunji: 11:30am On Mar 03, 2022
OP, apparently you either just got to Lagos or don't know Lagos.

There is no Anthony, Mende and Ilupeju in your list.

Ajao Estate, Ogudu GRA, Gbagada. There a lot of nice places to live on the Mainland.

The richer your research, the more hits and conversions.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by Mindlog: 5:28pm On Mar 03, 2022
maclatunji:
OP, apparently you either just got to Lagos or don't know Lagos.

There is no Anthony, Mende and Ilupeju in your list.

Ajao Estate, Ogudu GRA, Gbagada. There a lot of nice places to live on the Mainland.

The richer your research, the more hits and conversions.

Ogudu GRA will be my preferred residential area if I ever choose to live permanently in Lagos again.
Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by Quim2: 5:30pm On Mar 03, 2022
maclatunji:

All clogged up with construction or traffic. The person is right

Depends on where you are coming from.

Someone living along the oshodi expressway will disagree
Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by ORIAYO70(m): 5:54pm On Mar 03, 2022
ImaIma1:
Sometimes u have to follow one way
Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by ORIAYO70(m): 5:56pm On Mar 03, 2022
truthsayer009:

1. Far from Island

Even for 30yrs
But Ikorodu is headquarters of Lagos traffic, sometimes u can be in traffic crying..
Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by anthonyuncle(m): 6:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
truthsayer009:

1. Far from Island

this your number 5 na die
Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by Klass99(f): 9:58pm On Mar 03, 2022
Re: 5 Best Places To Live On The Mainland by Cholls(m): 10:18pm On Mar 03, 2022
truthsayer009:

1. Far from Island
my brother far from Ikorodu

(1) (Reply)

Sierra Leonian Looking For Her Late Igbo Father's Relatives. / A Satisfied Woman / Any Suggestion Of A Good School For My 6yr Old Son In Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.