Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:47 PM

Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate (20345 Views)

Health Minister Performs Groundbreaking For 500-capacity Female Hostel At UNIBEN / Sanwo-Olu Performs Groundbreaking Of $250m Kasi Cloud Data Centre (Pictures) / Sanwo-Olu Performs Groundbreaking Ceremony For 37Km Mass Rail (Red Line) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:50pm On Mar 01, 2022
Gov Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate In Abakaliki (Photos)

~ As Ohaneze Backs Ebubeagu

Ebonyi State Government has performed the groundbreaking ceremony for the construction of a Computer Village Estate at Uda Odeji, Abakaliki.

Governor David Nweze Umahi performed the groundbreaking ceremony on Tuesday.

In his remarks at the event, Governor Umahi commended the Amike Aba and Ntezi Ava Villages for the donation of the land for the project

"Let me commend first the Commissioner for Lands, the Commissioner for Trade and Investment, the Chairman of Ebonyi Local Government, His Highness, Eze Oketa, and all those who made this to happen.

"I will say with God working with you you have made today a possibility, this place we are going to give you every assistance so that this place can develop so fast.

"You have seen our Mall, it is second to none in the whole West Africa, we have the Airport, it is second to none in Nigeria and it is going to be deployed in May/June."

Governor Umahi called on the people of South East to always invest within the region to ensure consistent transformation of the zone.

"If the Igbos can bring ten percent of their investment home then this place can become the Jamaica of Africa, we are set for business."

Governor Umahi also announced plans to affiliate the Ebonyi State College of Education Ikwo with the Ebonyi State University Abakaliki for the total revitalization of the Institution.

"The College of Education in Ikwo, we want to revive it, because everyone is interested in Degree, you have to look for a kind of affiliation with Ebonyi State University, so you have to start the process.

"Why we do big things is because we were neglected in the past and let me tell every Igbo man to rise and condemn this thing called Unknown gunmen, businesses are moving away from ala Igbo, for what? I have gone to Mr. President and we have initiated moves for a political solution for our brother Nnamdi Kanu, so we have to rise against this sit-at-home.

"Let me commend Ebubeagu, Ebonyians must know the good work these people are doing in supporting the security.

"If you are obedient and willing, Ebubeagu will help you but if you are troublesome, Ebubeagu will handle you within the limit of the Law."

In her opening remarks, the Commissioner for Trade and Investment, Barrister Chioma Nweze congratulated the State on the realization of the project.

"We are happy that this event is taking place today, today they have come to actualize our dream, so we thank them and we thank you for making this happen."

The President General Association of Computer Village Merchants of Nigeria, Chief Tony Nwakeze noted that the establishment of the project in the State would further develop the State.

"Your Excellency, if I tell you how I feel we will not go here today, Computer Village is a technology hub in Africa, Computer Village is all about technology, the computer comprises artificial intelligence, security, and all the things needed to make life very easy.

"The only Governor with a listening ear, what we are coming to do here must benefit our people, we are going to do things and take care of our social responsibility."

The representative of AG Mortgage Bank pledged to support the Association to realize the project.

"We are here to fulfill a promise, we made a promise to support this project and today is the beginning of the fulfillment of this project, we are investing here in the project and we are also making shops available for investors."

He commended Governor David Nweze Umahi for the conducive environment fit for the investment made possible by the efforts of his administration.

The Traditional Ruler of Nkaleke Echara Unuphu Community, Eze Sunday Oketa thanked the Governor for the choice of the Community for the project and assured of their support for the project.

The Chairman of South East Council of Traditional Rulers Council, Eze Charles Mkpuma thanked the Governor for the initiative and prayed for the grace to complete the project.

The President General of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Professor George Obiozor represented by Chief Alex Ogbonna congratulated Ebonyians on the milestone of the commencement of the project.

"Your Excellency, there is a quantum leap from what Ebonyi State used to be to what it is at the moment.

He commended Governor Umahi for domesticating Ebubeagu Security outfit in the State to complement activities of conventional Security in tackling insecurity in the State.

Professor Obiozor also eulogized Governor Umahi for prudent management of resources.

"Ohaneze Ndigbo are very much happy with you, we are happy because when others were hiding, you came out boldly to make a statement that South East should produce the next President of Nigeria, Professor Obiozor loves you because of your creativity, because of your sagacity and because of your ingenuity."

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1415742/gov-umahi-performs-groundbreaking-construction-computer-village-estate-abakaliki-photos/

4 Likes

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 01, 2022
commendable

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by Hisxellency: 8:56pm On Mar 01, 2022
The working Governor

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by LeoDeKing: 9:00pm On Mar 01, 2022
In many things, there exist the original and the imitation.

Eg, Nairaland is original while biafrasay is the imitation. But as I type, biafrasay is as silent as graveyard.

Also, computer village in ikeja is the original and it got its name naturally, just like the Silicon Valley in the US. A foundation is being laid today for its imitation in Abakaliki.

I Just hope this Abakaliki computer village will be 1/10th as busy as the original. Time will tell.

Done talking. cheesy

26 Likes

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by Emdsa: 9:01pm On Mar 01, 2022
Which one is computer village Estate again na.

A computer Village Estate that doesn't have a computer village?

6 Likes

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by Mynd44: 10:20pm On Mar 01, 2022
I pray it is within the city as building it on the outskirts is a sure way for traders not to go there and the place will die a natural death due to patronage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by Lydea: 10:22pm On Mar 01, 2022
Umahi is ahead of his time

16 Likes

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 01, 2022
In times of infrastructure I give it to this man.

11 Likes

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by Daniel058(m): 10:22pm On Mar 01, 2022
Akubaruoha global!

8 Likes

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by Daniel058(m): 10:24pm On Mar 01, 2022
Mynd44:
I pray it is within the city as building it on the outskirts is a sure way for traders not to go there and the place will die a natural death due to patronage
cheesy
Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by chukwuibuipob: 10:25pm On Mar 01, 2022
coolit is time for the Judas to go back home and develop am rather than burn person property

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by empressSkincare(f): 10:26pm On Mar 01, 2022
Ok
Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by 00FFT00(m): 10:27pm On Mar 01, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Eg, Nairaland is original while biafrasay is the imitation. But as I type, biafrasay is as silent as graveyard.

Also, computer village in ikeja is the original and it got its name naturally, just like the Silicon Valley in the US. A foundation is being laid today for its imitation in Abakaliki.

I Just hope this Abakaliki computer village will be 1/10th as busy as the original. Time will tell.

Done talking. cheesy

You really take time type this nonsense oga?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by JosephXavier: 10:27pm On Mar 01, 2022
This man never tire

I think he is being so much underrated

Had it been he is from North, he would have had a large support for presidency

He has laid the foundation for Ebonyi State to move into the 10 best states in Nigeria out of nowhere

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:31pm On Mar 01, 2022
So na foundation laying

Smh

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by allen113: 10:31pm On Mar 01, 2022
Make I respect myself no talk wetin dey my mind grin

3 Likes

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by BKayy: 10:31pm On Mar 01, 2022
With alot of tech guys moving to Abakaliki for reasons I don't fully understand, I think this infrastructure is needed

6 Likes

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by Gkemz: 10:32pm On Mar 01, 2022
Fake computer village with estate.

Btw, Dave seems to be the only performing governor in south east while his counterpart in Imo is busy destroying structures built by the former administration, at the same time his Anambra counterpart is drinking and showcasing his dancing styles while cultists are taking over the state's capital.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by anytexy: 10:42pm On Mar 01, 2022
Unknown gun men - I have spoken with Mr. President for the release of ....hmmm

1 Like

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by Achibyke: 10:44pm On Mar 01, 2022
God bless Dave Umahi. We the Igbos are proud of you

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by wiseoneking: 10:48pm On Mar 01, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
coolit is time for the Judas to go back home and develop am rather than burn person property
Lazy lazy
Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by NoApology(m): 10:49pm On Mar 01, 2022
Your face show and your shoe shine. You are doing well Umahi cool

3 Likes

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by Ebubu: 10:52pm On Mar 01, 2022
Mynd44:
I doubt it will die a natural death

1 Like

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by Ebubu: 10:54pm On Mar 01, 2022
BKayy:
With alot of tech guys moving to Abakaliki for reasons I don't fully understand, I think this infrastructure is needed
yes

For the tech boys. There are malls on ground for shopping, night life, flyovers, underground passes and an airport by June

So the reason is understandable

Plus a university of ICT is underway too

5 Likes

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by BSsniffer: 10:57pm On Mar 01, 2022
Lol....these people shaa grin

26 Likes

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 01, 2022
Jokes or politics apart, this man deserves commendation. His rewards are not only earthly but heavenly too

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 01, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Done talking. cheesy

Don't allow hatred to pass unto your next generation!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Performs Groundbreaking For Construction Of Computer Village Estate by SMARTMOTORS(m): 11:06pm On Mar 01, 2022
This is why they keep impoverishing the masses so they would fall into this tricks once Election is around the corner!....

..."A society is strong when the masses are well informed"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo 2020: Obaseki Sacks Commissioners / Sa’ad Abubakar: Disobedience To Court Order, Recipe For Lawlessness, Chaos / Peter Gregory Obi Celebrates 62nd Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.