Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,986 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:58 AM

Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament (11932 Views)

Reps Reject Bill Seeking To Set Age Limit For Presidential Candidates At 70 / Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles / Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Agugbadin: 3:08am On Mar 02, 2022
Nice one.
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Crvrider: 3:26am On Mar 02, 2022
We are complaining that the recurrent expenditure for running our civil service is off the roof top yet we're talking of creating more seats for women...another 14million per month times N number of women seats.

4 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Chinnems(m): 4:41am On Mar 02, 2022
Sometimes, I wonder if there is a limit to the entitlement mentality of women,

You want seats that are decided by voting to be reserved for you?

Just because you have a hole between your legs while others have sticks?

Come on!

Reserving a percentage of ministerial positions for women makes more sense though...

3 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by onikoyikosoko: 5:02am On Mar 02, 2022
olas24u:

Women are very important in the society.

Men Nko? When we are talking about politics, no be telemundo una dey like to watch? No be yansh and breast una dey show up and down for social media? Abeg no make me vex oooo

5 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by SmartyPants(m): 5:11am On Mar 02, 2022
Megabig:
I don’t think that makes sense, I was shocked they rejected a bill to increase the percentage of women seeking political positions in Nigeria. A country where women cannot be heard, it should always be a first step than having a bunch of marounding thieves littered in the chambers

The average woman in Nigeria is not interested in politics, not that they can't be heard. in this same Nigeria there are serious women who are taken very seriously.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by SmartyPants(m): 5:13am On Mar 02, 2022
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by stanech: 5:25am On Mar 02, 2022
Men dominate other jobs too like shit parking and brick laying. But no woman wants equality there. Also more men in the military.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by emekachief: 5:43am On Mar 02, 2022
One reason I'm proud to be a Nigerian. Thank God Nigerian law makers and government is not as dumb as western countries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by olas24u(f): 6:01am On Mar 02, 2022
onikoyikosoko:

Men Nko? When we are talking about politics, no be telemundo una dey like to watch? No be yansh and breast una dey show up and down for social media? Abeg no make me vex oooo
A woman will think more of the society,childeren,husband,and everything right

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by marsup: 6:08am On Mar 02, 2022
Meaning what? They are women, not invalid. Special seat my ass.
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by DKM123: 6:32am On Mar 02, 2022
Wait, peopy actually expected such an impossible bill to be passed? Buhahahaha! Y'll rate this misogynistic Nigerian men too highly!
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by obynokoko: 6:46am On Mar 02, 2022
Naigeria women are clamouring for gender equality yet they are seeking special seat reservation for them in National assembly.i think these women are very confused.gender equality means that every gender should be given equal opportunity to participate in every sphere of the affair of the society which is what Nigerian constitution stipulate,why then should women seek for special reservation for them.please dear women you claim that what a man can do a woman can do it better,if so go and Hussle like your male counterpart and stop seeking for special reservations and treatment.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Lexusgs430: 6:55am On Mar 02, 2022
Hopeless politicians, they are happy to marry women...... But continually make them 2nd class citizens.........

Women must be allocated seats (and such seats must never remain empty or filled men) or men identifying as women...........

We have seen how the men have destroyed nigeria.......
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by CorperKola: 7:17am On Mar 02, 2022
emekachief:
One reason I'm proud to be a Nigerian. Thank God Nigerian law makers and government is not as dumb as western countries.
Even how many western countries have special parliamentary seats for women,
Just to show you how dumb n undemocratic the idea is
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by israelmao(m): 7:19am On Mar 02, 2022
I'm not a misogynist,give some women little positions in office or government then you will see how insensitive and arrogant they become.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Kelvin3476: 7:44am On Mar 02, 2022
Megabig:
I don’t think that makes sense, I was shocked they rejected a bill to increase the percentage of women seeking political positions in Nigeria. A country where women cannot be heard, it should always be a first step than having a bunch of marounding thieves littered in the chambers
THEY ARE EQUAL TO MEN, SO THEY SHOULD CONTEST LIKE MEN AND WIN.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Gerrard59(m): 7:45am On Mar 02, 2022
I am glad the bill was thrown out. If you want to be a politician, slug it out like others. No free lunch. Anything quota or affirmative system does more harm than good and there is nothing like equality anywhere. No one is equal to the next person.

It is the rejection of women conferring citizenship on their married husbands that is ridiculous.
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 02, 2022
qekng40:
There shouldn't be a set number, but the seat should be available fairly for both genders!
will you guys go to war with us

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 02, 2022
Zooposki:

Yet you men will be crying Federal character and rotational presidency. Hypocrites.

They are not shouting “male federal character” and “male rotational presidency” it’s different.. try harder.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Kelvin3476: 7:49am On Mar 02, 2022
Premiumwriter:
This is what we redpillers keep saying. Women do not want equality. They want positions, power and resources to be handed over to them without working for it.

A man will lobby, bribe, fight tooth and claws to get into an office while women want to be given special seat in that same office without any special qualifications.

Nigeria is a free country, if you are a woman and you want to lead the country, then join the fight, prove that you are worthy by winning the struggle against your opponents not being given special privileges like being a woman is a form of disability.

Women are not disabled. They should work for the position they want.
FEMINISTS ALWAYS SAYING THEY ARE EQUAL TO MEN WITHOUT ANY TANGIBLE PROVE TO BACK IT UP. FEMINISTS ONLY WANT A WORLD WHERE MEN WILL SUFFER WHILE THEY SIT DOWN TO END IT. THATS WHAT EQUALITY MEANT TO THEM

3 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Kelvin3476: 7:53am On Mar 02, 2022
saintvc:
Do you know that women dominate the nursing profession.

Make a law to reserve minimum number of nurses to be Male.

Feminist koo
TO FEMINISTS , ANYWHERE THAT FAVOURS WOMEN SHOULD NT BE AMENDED TO ACCOMODATE MEN. FEMINISTS ONLY WANT TO OVERTHROW MEN WITH LESSER EFFORT USING THE BLACKMAILING (BECUS WE ARE WOMEN) TRICKS

3 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by qekng40(f): 7:55am On Mar 02, 2022
Hammyaladin:

Yes. And you know who will win.
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by LegalWolf: 7:58am On Mar 02, 2022
anytexy:
Musilemization of Parliamentary/senate house.loading... grin grin cheesy
Dumb mofo as usual... was it islamized when it was 100% men. Do you guys even think?

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by LegalWolf: 8:04am On Mar 02, 2022
Praxis758:
My mind is telling me that Parliament members from the core North would be the clogs that opposed this bill.

Simple reasons are because their religious views are opposing to female rising and they also have much higher numbers of members in the lowe chamber.

It was able to scale through the senate because of the fixed 3 senators from each state of the federation u like the varying numbers per state in the lower chamber.

First, I am a Northerner and I see this to be a very dumb and stup1d take. ALL disrespect. Tell me one position a woman has held in the South that a Northern woman hasn't occupied same. If the system was not rigged, Adda Aisha (Maman Taraba), a Fulani from Jalingo, would have been the first FEMALE governor in Nigeria. She contested and almost won the seat. Tell me who has done that in Southern Nigeria?

Your folks are just dumb and stupid, always blaming your misfortune in life on Northerners. And I am very sure if a count had been taken, southern people would have opposed the motion way more than Northerners. Go fix your life

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Vifx: 8:12am On Mar 02, 2022
All politicians will burn in hell
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Edugist4u: 8:16am On Mar 02, 2022
Lol. You people always think you are smart. Men are smarter. We are watching you people and laughing at you people. You women will only make things harder for you people. I wonder if during my generation any woman will be given a chance. You have all been exposed and all men and boys now know you people are from the devil. EVIL PEOPLE
olas24u:

A woman will think more of the society,childeren,husband,and everything right

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 02, 2022
qekng40:

Yes. And you know who will win.
lol.
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 02, 2022
onikoyikosoko:

leave them
Always behaving entitled

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by CorperKola: 8:56am On Mar 02, 2022
Hammyaladin:
Its possible, the rate at which you are going
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by tiegahpor: 9:52am On Mar 02, 2022
Dikegodspower:
I don't understand, what is so special about reserving special seat for women.
Thank God that it didn't scare through o

You lacked motherly love while growing up..
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by DownChelsea(f): 10:12am On Mar 02, 2022
qekng40:

Excuse you, Who are my people?

What they(female Politicians) do thereafter shouldn't be a concern as men do worst!
They should be given a fair share of availability, that's my take and that's on a Period!

They already have a fair share of AVAILABILITY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Nothern Business Leaders, Islamic Sects, Kano CAN Endorse Bola Tinubu / Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation / Akwa Ibom Marks 26th Year Of State Creation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.