Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Can I Cook Rice With #300? Pls Help! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can I Cook Rice With #300? Pls Help! (1109 Views)

How I Cook Special Ogbono Soup That Make People Bite Their Fingers (pic & Video) / Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? / Why Do We Always Cook Rice On Sundays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Cook Rice With #300? Pls Help! by lastchild: 11:34pm On Mar 01, 2022
while we were in school, i had a friend that cooks very well. They said all he need is the rice and something like # 300 to prepare delicious fried rice or stew.

Please how can I achieve this. rice dey but money to buy things no dey. Is there anyway I can use #300 to cook fried rice or any type?

if yes, what do I need to buy and how can I cook it

thanks
Re: Can I Cook Rice With #300? Pls Help! by Unruly7(m): 11:37pm On Mar 01, 2022
Red oil #100
Maggi #50
Onion #20
Salt #30

That's 200

Keep 100 for another day

1 Like

Re: Can I Cook Rice With #300? Pls Help! by DepressedCyborg: 12:02am On Mar 02, 2022
Unruly7:
Red oil #100
Maggi #50
Onion #20
Salt #30

That's 200

Keep 100 for another day

What of the rice
Re: Can I Cook Rice With #300? Pls Help! by 9182736455O1999(m): 12:26am On Mar 02, 2022
Unruly7:
Red oil #100 Maggi #50 Onion #20 Salt #30

That's 200
Keep 100 for another day
which kind food be this one na

2 Likes

Re: Can I Cook Rice With #300? Pls Help! by Unruly7(m): 4:54am On Mar 02, 2022
DepressedCyborg:

What of the rice

Read the post

1 Like

Re: Can I Cook Rice With #300? Pls Help! by Unruly7(m): 4:54am On Mar 02, 2022
9182736455O1999:

which kind food be this one na
Oil rice
Re: Can I Cook Rice With #300? Pls Help! by Mariangeles(f): 11:57am On Mar 02, 2022
lastchild:
while we were in school, i had a friend that cooks very well. They said all he need is the rice and something like # 300 to prepare delicious fried rice or stew.

Please how can I achieve this. rice dey but money to buy things no dey. Is there anyway I can use #300 to cook fried rice or any type?

if yes, what do I need to buy and how can I cook it

thanks

You can manage to make pepper fried rice with that amount. cheesy

What to buy:

Vegetable oil #50
Fresh peppers #50
Onion #50
Crayfish #100
Maggi crayfish and curry powder #50

How to cook it:

- Wash your rice and set aside.
- Cut up your onion and fresh peppers.
- Clean your crayfish and crush a little.
- Put your clean pot on a medium to low heat.
- Add in your veg oil.
- Once the oil is heated, add in your chopped onion.
- After stirring and letting the onion fry for a few minutes, you add in the fresh chopped peppers, roughly crushed crayfish, curry powder and the Maggi crayfish, then stir continuously to avoid burning.

By this time, you will begin to smell the heavenly aroma. cheesy
- Next, you add in your washed rice to the sauce, stir so that it fries and absorbs the flavor of the sauce and color of the curry powder.
- Now, add water just a little above the level of the rice. (Avoid adding too much water at a time)
- Add salt to taste, stir, cover and let it cook on a medium heat, so that it does not burn.
- Check from time to time, and add water if need be.

Your manageable Pepper fried rice is ready. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Cook Rice With #300? Pls Help! by odinson1(m): 12:25pm On Mar 02, 2022
Mariangeles:

You didn't even mention your bride price in your post.

Please my Kinsmen are waiting cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can I Cook Rice With #300? Pls Help! by Mariangeles(f): 2:26pm On Mar 02, 2022
odinson1:

You didn't even mention your bride price in your post.

Please my Kinsmen are waiting cheesy

So that you can be giving me #300 to cook abi? grin

4 Likes

Re: Can I Cook Rice With #300? Pls Help! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 05, 2022
It depends really on your location and the least you can get some of the ingredients I'm going to be listing for easy fried rice.

Fresh tumeric 50
Groundnut oil 100
Grinded pepper 50
Onion 30
Seasoning cubes 20 (Maggi crayfish)
Carrot 50

Now, fresh tumeric is usually shaded at 100 but you can tell them you just need a little.

Do not be deceived. No where in Nigeria you can get groundnut oil 50 Naira. 100 naira is with abeg. So you know.

PREP.

Chop the carrots
Wash, peel and grate the tumeric roots.
Wash rice with hot water. Set aside.

Pour your oil in a pot.
Slice your onion into it and add the grated tumeric. Fry on low heat for few seconds.

Add the grinded pepper and Maggi crayfish. fry on low heat a little more. Add water and salt to taste. Cover and allow to boil very well.

Add the rice and allow to cook.
When the water is dried, add the chopped carrots and cover it. Lower the heat of your stove so the steam from the rice can soften the carrots for a few mins.

Bring down and stir.

If you try this tumeric recipe, you'll never eat any fried rice without tumeric again.

Remember not to add too much water.
Re: Can I Cook Rice With #300? Pls Help! by breadplanets(f): 9:54pm On Mar 05, 2022
Mariangeles:

What to buy:

Vegetable oil #50
Fresh peppers #50
Onion #50
Crayfish #100
Maggi crayfish and curry powder #50

How to cook it:

- Wash your rice and set aside.
- Cut up your onion and fresh peppers.
- Clean your crayfish and crush a little.
- Put your clean pot on a medium to low heat.
- Add in your veg oil.
- Once the oil is heated, add in your chopped onion.
- After stirring and letting the onion fry for a few minutes, you add in the fresh chopped peppers, roughly crushed crayfish, curry powder and the Maggi crayfish, then stir continuously to avoid burning.

By this time, you will begin to smell the heavenly aroma. cheesy
- Next, you add in your washed rice to the sauce, stir so that it fries and absorbs the flavor of the sauce and color of the curry powder.
- Now, add water just a little above the level of the rice. (Avoid adding too much water at a time)
- Add salt to taste, stir, cover and let it cook on a medium heat, so that it does not burn.
- Check from time to time, and add water if need be.

chai...i can taste the rice from here grin
Re: Can I Cook Rice With #300? Pls Help! by Mariangeles(f): 10:37am On Mar 06, 2022
breadplanets:
chai...i can taste the rice from here grin

Then you have to make it nne. cheesy
Not on a Sunday though, 'cause this is more an ordinary day- spur of the moment type of rice. cheesy
Jus shie ya otu m jiri dee ya.
It tastes more delicious on an ordinary day.

When the recipe came to me, I quickly had to bring it to life before it leaves. cheesy
Luckily, the ingredients were all available right there.

1 Like

Re: Can I Cook Rice With #300? Pls Help! by breadplanets(f): 11:03am On Mar 06, 2022
Mariangeles:

Then you have to make it nne. cheesy
Not on a Sunday though, 'cause this is more an ordinary day- spur of the moment type of rice. cheesy
Jus shie ya otu m jiri dee ya.
It tastes more delicious on an ordinary day.

When the recipe came to me, I quickly had to bring it to life before it leaves. cheesy
Luckily, the ingredients were all available right there.
na my go to recipe be this o. I don't use curry though ...i love the dirty colour crayfish gives it. I don't blend the crayfish...just wash and add. And its sweetest when its just a little rice. If you cook much e no dey sweet grin
Re: Can I Cook Rice With #300? Pls Help! by Mariangeles(f): 11:18am On Mar 06, 2022
breadplanets:
na my go to recipe be this o. I don't use curry though ...i love the dirty colour crayfish gives it. I don't blend the crayfish...just wash and add. And its sweetest when its just a little rice. If you cook much e no dey sweet grin

I ma ya. cheesy
E shichaa, e richapu otu mgbo type of rice. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Did You Ever Eat "feshelo"? / The Best Meal To Serve A Visitor? / Which Garri Habit,do You Love The Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.