Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,973 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Roman Abrahamovich To Sell Chelsea Football Club - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Roman Abrahamovich To Sell Chelsea Football Club (289 Views)

Inside Chelsea Football Team's Plane (video, Photos) / Chelsea Denies Claims That Roman Abrahamovich Put The Club For Sale / Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Rejects Offers To Sell Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roman Abrahamovich To Sell Chelsea Football Club by donpapa(m): 7:22pm On Mar 02, 2022
I would like to address the speculation in media over the past few days in relation to my ownership of Chelsea FC. As I have stated before, I have always taken decisions with the Club’s best interest at heart. In the current situation, I have therefore taken the decision to sell the Club, as I believe this is in the best interest of the Club, the fans, the employees, as well as the Club’s sponsors and partners.

The sale of the Club will not be fast-tracked but will follow due process. I will not be asking for any loans to be repaid. This has never been about business nor money for me, but about pure passion for the game and Club. Moreover, I have instructed my team to set up a charitable foundation where all net proceeds from the sale will be donated. The foundation will be for the benefit of all victims of the war in Ukraine. This includes providing critical funds towards the urgent and immediate needs of victims, as well as supporting the long-term work of recovery.

Please know that this has been an incredibly difficult decision to make, and it pains me to part with the Club in this manner. However, I do believe this is in the best interest of the Club.

I hope that I will be able to visit Stamford Bridge one last time to say goodbye to all of you in person. It has been a privilege of a lifetime to be part of Chelsea FC and I am proud of all our joint achievements. Chelsea Football Club and its supporters will always be in my heart.

Thank you,

Roman

https://link.chelseafc.com/1WUW/76191a48

Chelsea: Roman Abramovich says he plans to sell club https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60585081

Re: Roman Abrahamovich To Sell Chelsea Football Club by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:22pm On Mar 02, 2022
shocked
Re: Roman Abrahamovich To Sell Chelsea Football Club by Asabe4(f): 7:23pm On Mar 02, 2022
Damn!!!

This kinda hurts.

So sad my darling club is affected by these happenings. I hope it doesn't affect the boys.

cry cry
Re: Roman Abrahamovich To Sell Chelsea Football Club by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 02, 2022
good for him.and then he should hold Putin responsible
Re: Roman Abrahamovich To Sell Chelsea Football Club by Nbotee(m): 7:30pm On Mar 02, 2022
He's selling and giving the money to the Ukrainians. He calls what it is 'a war" but ediots here on nairaland think it isnt simply becos the Russians say so.. UK sanctions don make am announce sale
Re: Roman Abrahamovich To Sell Chelsea Football Club by mayormick(m): 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2022
He came, he saw and he conquered
Re: Roman Abrahamovich To Sell Chelsea Football Club by BabaCommander: 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2022
War only bring pains.
Re: Roman Abrahamovich To Sell Chelsea Football Club by ManirBK: 7:46pm On Mar 02, 2022
Mr Abramovich thanks for the cups

Re: Roman Abrahamovich To Sell Chelsea Football Club by Longevo(m): 7:52pm On Mar 02, 2022
Sad!
Re: Roman Abrahamovich To Sell Chelsea Football Club by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 02, 2022
End of the fairytale

(1) (Reply)

Who Else Noticed This? / Cristiano Ronaldo APOLOGISES For SMASHING An Everton Fan's Phone / Torino Vs AC Milan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.