Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,994 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:07 AM

The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life (4061 Views)

The Brutal, Merciless, Sadistic Prophet / Maxindhouse! When Did Satan Get Rulership Of Earth? / Age Of Earth - Scientists Lie! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by LordReed(m): 7:32pm On Jun 20, 2022
Image123:

Common man, wake up.

It's come on or c'mon for short.
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by Image123(m): 7:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
LordReed:

It's come on or c'mon for short.

cheesy cheesy,i know. Thanks for pointing it out though.
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by Image123(m): 7:42pm On Jun 20, 2022
wirinet:

Your fairy tales had been hammered with treats and sometimes by force for 2000 years. Your fairy tale had been indoctrinated into children the minute they were born. And you comparing to Alice in wonderland thats barely a hundred years that's used to entertain children?

Yes some professors and doctors still follow these 2nd century fairy tales, these are due to family and societal pressures, threats and indoctrination. But these threats societal pressures has been losing its grip in knowledge based countries especially among scientists ( and even among the general population). Its in poor, ignorant and helpless third world countries that such fairy tales has taken hold of the population rendering them almost useless to the world.

You do need to wake up, self deception is not cool.
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by wirinet(m): 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2022
Image123:

You do need to wake up, self deception is not cool.
You are delusional.
Get your life together and achieve something tangible in your short life instead of giving up hoping to enjoy in some make believe fairy tale land.

1 Like

Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by LordReed(m): 10:01pm On Jun 20, 2022
Image123:

cheesy cheesy,i know. Thanks for pointing it out though.

For someone who follows Jesus you sure don't like taking to correction. I thought a follower of Jesus was supposed to be humble? LoLz.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by HellVictorinho4(m): 11:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
wirinet:

You are delusional.
Get your life together and achieve something tangible in your short life instead of giving up hoping to enjoy in some make believe fairy tale land.

That guy is a waste of time here.
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by LordReed(m): 8:40am On Jun 21, 2022
Image123:

undecided How many people go to hear Alice every Sunday. Wearynet, please be realistic and reasonable. Professors and doctors all over the world go to some god/God some 3 or 4 times every week for decades. And it's going on for thousands of years. And you compare to Alice. Common man, wake up.

Ron Hubbard a sci-fi fiction author made up a religion 70years ago and it has strong adherents today. It should already have been clear to you that devotion is not an indicator of truth.
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by Image123(m): 11:09am On Jun 21, 2022
wirinet:

You are delusional.

Okay sir. i'll try.
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by Image123(m): 11:11am On Jun 21, 2022
LordReed:

For someone who follows Jesus you sure don't like taking to correction. I thought a follower of Jesus was supposed to be humble? LoLz.

i said "Thanks for pointing it out though", what more do you want, corrector?
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by Image123(m): 11:12am On Jun 21, 2022
LordReed:

Ron Hubbard a sci-fi fiction author made up a religion 70years ago and it has strong adherents today. It should already have been clear to you that devotion is not an indicator of truth.

The point/fact that i included gods should have made you see that i wasn't referring to truth or to just christianity.
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by Image123(m): 11:14am On Jun 21, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

That guy is a waste of time here.

Everybody is talking, Victor too open out without begging or threatening to die. Alleluia, there's nothing God cannot do oh.
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by HellVictorinho4(m): 3:22pm On Jun 21, 2022
Image123:

Everybody is talking, Victor too open out without begging or threatening to die. Alleluia, there's nothing God cannot do oh.

Is this how you feel special?
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by wirinet(m): 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2022
Image123:

Okay sir. i'll try.
Good. I really hope you try harder. The future of this country lies with the youth. The youth between 18 to 50 years constitutes half of the whole population, while the over 50s constitutes less than 7%. The over 60s constitutes less than 2%. But what do we have, the youths are wasting their time and energy on religion and Yahoo yahoo, while the over 60s hold the country to ransome. At best the youth becomes political thugs, agberos and cultists.

You guys can make here and now the heaven you desire instead of waiting to die to enjoy life. Japan has done it, UAE has done it, Norway has done it. You too can do. All it requires is hard word, courage and sacrifice.
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by Image123(m): 9:10pm On Jun 21, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

Is this how you feel special?

i don't feel special, i am special. Abi is your name written in the book of Life? Do you know my Jesus? Does God love you like He loves me? Have you experienced the joy and peace that i experience every day? Do you have any hope of eternity? These and more make you special, not the silly things you think of.
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by Image123(m): 9:13pm On Jun 21, 2022
wirinet:

Good. I really hope you try harder. The future of this country lies with the youth. The youth between 18 to 50 years constitutes half of the whole population, while the over 50s constitutes less than 7%. The over 60s constitutes less than 2%. But what do we have, the youths are wasting their time and energy on religion and Yahoo yahoo, while the over 60s hold the country to ransome. At best the youth becomes political thugs, agberos and cultists.

You guys can make here and now the heaven you desire instead of waiting to die to enjoy life. Japan has done it, UAE has done it, Norway has done it. You too can do. All it requires is hard word, courage and sacrifice.

Okay sir, thanks for this advice. We'll try harder like you suggested/hoped.
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by HellVictorinho4(m): 11:08pm On Jun 21, 2022
Image123:

i don't feel special, i am special. Abi is your name written in the book of Life? Do you know my Jesus? Does God love you like He loves me? Have you experienced the joy and peace that i experience every day? Do you have any hope of eternity? These and more make you special, not the silly things you think of.

You're special according to you.

I think silly things according to you.

I actually think atheists can be much more stupid than theists, anyways.
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by Jomonix: 7:52pm On Jun 30, 2022
DeepSight:
There is something really curious about the age old human mind set which seeks to conjure into existence a creator of this world who is loving and merciful in a warm and cozy way. This can only be attributable to humanity's need to find some comfort and solace in what is otherwise a dark, perplexing, cold, brutal and nasty existence. People just have this inherent need to believe in this idea of some warm love awaiting us beyond the horizon, and it is in fact entirely understandable because without such crutches to hold on to, humanity may actually collectively despair.

When people look at the doubtless beauties and wonders of nature they exclaim "God is wonderful!" However each time I hear this sort of reaction I am just befuddled at how people are selective with respect to what they see. The truth about Earth life is far starker: every living thing must consume other living things in order to survive, living things are thrust into a desperate and competitive battle for survival and if there is anything that is certain about the wild - it is its sheer brutality. Nature is cold, pitiless and unrelenting - and it operates without any discernible sentiments - it is absolutely unemotional - the weak new born creature will die off quickly - often being killed by its own siblings or other creatures who will tear it up as a quick and easy snack - and the killing methods of most animals are absolutely pitiless. Many people try to say that the evil in the world is solely attributable to mankind, but one only has to take a look at nature and the wild to know that this is a massive lie: strife and brutal competition are hardwired into the very fabric and system of Earth life at all levels.

In addition to all of this, there is the existential conundrum of purpose faced by those creatures such as our selves who are sapient enough to contemplate death. No matter how lucky you may be in this life, no matter how long and prosperous your life may be - death still awaits you - and everyone you love. You will either mourn them or they will mourn you - and this is a best case scenario because it could always be that you all perish at once in some mass disaster or even die young. Humans throughout the ages have invented stories to comfort themselves about the cold reality of death but the truth is that probably no one has ever had any idea as to what happens at death and most probably no one ever will. All that we do is console ourselves with every manner of religious and spiritual myth and fantasy in this regard - and death - implacable as ever, remains un-appeased. There is thus a very significant possibility that everything that we are is and will be entirely meaningless in a short while for one and all and the universe will not even notice our extinction as a species.

Worst of all, life is, and always has been richly spiced with such unspeakable heart wrenching tragedies that one must shudder at the thought of existing on this plane at all, given the seeming randomness with which such events are flung into the lives of even the gentlest and kindest of us. When we are forced to wonder why we were born, some are wont to say that we had a pre-existence in which we ourselves requested to come to this world. While this is a thought that I must confess I myself have often leaned towards, the stark truth is that no one knows this for sure: all that we know is that one day we just open our eyes and find ourselves here and that's it: its a rat race of horror until death.

All of the above and much more grounds my belief that if a God exists who created this world, he/she/it can only be a cold and maniacal sadist of the worst kind imaginable.

But the happenings are not arbitrary.
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by DeepSight(m): 9:31pm On Jun 30, 2022
Jomonix:

But the happenings are not arbitrary.

How do you know this please? I suppose you believe in Karma?
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by Jomonix: 8:44am On Jul 01, 2022
DeepSight:

How do you know this please? I suppose you believe in Karma?

Yes, I believe in Karma. My suggestion to anyone in a quest to know more about the material world and beyond is to have an open mind. Keep it simple and stay childlike and honest; not holding tenaciously to what you know already. You will develop the 3rd eye and to your surprise things will be opened to you at the time you least expected. It will be like recognizing a glow of light that was always there but was not seen because the individual has his eyes closed all the time. No one can do it for you. For me I look at nature and see the Love, Mercy and Justice of GOD. I also feel a sense of gratitude because everything was provided in endless quantities, in abundance. GOD is great.
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by DeepSight(m): 9:40am On Jul 01, 2022
Jomonix:

Yes, I believe in Karma. My suggestion to anyone in a quest to know more about the material world and beyond is to have an open mind. Keep it simple and stay childlike and honest; not holding tenaciously to what you know already. You will develop the 3rd eye and to your surprise things will be opened to you at the time you least expected. It will be like recognizing a glow of light that was always there but was not seen because the individual has his eyes closed all the time. No one can do it for you. For me I look at nature and see the Love, Mercy and Justice of GOD. I also feel a sense of gratitude because everything was provided in endless quantities, in abundance. GOD is great.

I can only assure you that I have held this view before and cherished it deeply. I have walked this path of a "seeker" for a long time - at least 30 years - I am not a young man. However, I feel certain today that there is something within us which has a survivalist need to attempt to "believe" in and have a greater hope out there than what we are faced with. I trust you know that hope is critical to survival, to any meaningful existence, and indeed to soundness of mind. In this way, if you are truly open minded you will also avert your mind to the psychological impact of hope in the way mankind constructs ideas of a benevolent, loving and merciful God in the face of a harsh reality which volubly speaks the contrary.

We are compelled to do this because we cannot bear the spectre of a meaningless life, of randomness, of injustice and brutality as parts of nature, and we also cannot bear the spectre of death - something we know nothing of whatsoever. It is therefore in our psychological interest to construct such pleasant and comfortable notions of reality even when the bare face of it tells most evidently of something manifestly more sinister.

All of this does not mean I do not have my private spiritual ideas of the universe and reality: its just that if you are truly open minded as you say, then you would not take and insist on a one dimensional story of beauty and justice and love and mercy even when there is more than sufficient evidence for the contrary.
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by Jomonix: 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2022
DeepSight:

I can only assure you that I have held this view before and cherished it deeply. I have walked this path of a "seeker" for a long time - at least 30 years - I am not a young man. However, I feel certain today that there is something within us which has a survivalist need to attempt to "believe" in and have a greater hope out there than what we are faced with. I trust you know that hope is critical to survival, to any meaningful existence, and indeed to soundness of mind. In this way, if you are truly open minded you will also avert your mind to the psychological impact of hope in the way mankind constructs ideas of a benevolent, loving and merciful God in the face of a harsh reality which volubly speaks the contrary.

We are compelled to do this because we cannot bear the spectre of a meaningless life, of randomness, of injustice and brutality as parts of nature, and we also cannot bear the spectre of death - something we know nothing of whatsoever. It is therefore in our psychological interest to construct such pleasant and comfortable notions of reality even when the bare face of it tells most evidently of something manifestly more sinister.

All of this does not mean I do not have my private spiritual ideas of the universe and reality: its just that if you are truly open minded as you say, then you would not take and insist on a one dimensional story of beauty and justice and love and mercy even when there is more than sufficient evidence for the contrary.

I think you are speaking about your personal experiences chiefly. My own experience is very different. The paths we work to higher knowledge is not necessarily the same for everyone. Don't worry about the length of time you spend or your age. I wish you all the best.
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by DeepSight(m): 12:02am On Jul 02, 2022
Jomonix:

I think you are speaking about your personal experiences chiefly. My own experience is very different.

The nature of Earth life is not my personal experience sir. It is the general observable nature of Earth life as a whole. What animals do to one another to survive in the wild, is for example, not my personal experience, is it? Do they go about cuddling one another or is it a fact that it is a brutal and competitive battle for survival. Is that my personal experience or is it a fact? Is it also not a fact that there are parallels for this in human society.

The paths we work to higher knowledge is not necessarily the same for everyone. Don't worry about the length of time you spend or your age. I wish you all the best.

Whilst appreciated, sometimes these types of high sounding responses which reach for a noble tone can be very tiresome because they say exactly nothing.

1 Like

Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by Jomonix: 7:52am On Jul 02, 2022
DeepSight:

The nature of Earth life is not my personal experience sir. It is the general observable nature of Earth life as a whole. What animals do to one another to survive in the wild, is for example, not my personal experience, is it? Do they go about cuddling one another or is it a fact that it is a brutal and competitive battle for survival. Is that my personal experience or is it a fact? Is it also not a fact that there are parallels for this in human society.

Whilst appreciated, sometimes these types of high sounding responses which reach for a noble tone can be very tiresome because they say exactly nothing.

There is a big picture behind what you think to be brutal and competitive battle for survival. If you have developed the 3rd eye you will make a sense of it. There is no magic in nature. Don't forget nature developed over several billion years. It took quite some time but it had to be because everything is deliberate and planned. Nature did not materialize from the blues.
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by DeepSight(m): 2:12pm On Jul 02, 2022
Jomonix:

There is a big picture behind what you think to be brutal and competitive battle for survival. If you have developed the 3rd eye you will make a sense of it. There is no magic in nature. Don't forget nature developed over several billion years. It took quite some time but it had to be because everything is deliberate and planned. Nature did not materialize from the blues.

I really squirm at your need to refer to the third eye in order to justify the competitive nature of survival in nature. You do not need to go that far to see that it has its plusses. Elementary things such as the activity of predators keeping prey populations active, fit and trim are just one example. None of this takes anything away from the sheer brutality involved. It also does not suggest it could not be any other conceivable way.

What appears obvious to me is that the architects of this reality have a vested interest in sadistic activity and that there is probably a sense in which they engage in some perverse cosmic masturbation over the manifestation of evil and sadism.

2 Likes

Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by Jomonix: 8:21am On Jul 03, 2022
DeepSight:

I really squirm at your need to refer to the third eye in order to justify the competitive nature of survival in nature. You do not need to go that far to see that it has its plusses. Elementary things such as the activity of predators keeping prey populations active, fit and trim are just one example. None of this takes anything away from the sheer brutality involved. It also does not suggest it could not be any other conceivable way.

What appears obvious to me is that the architects of this reality have a vested interest in sadistic activity and that there is probably a sense in which they engage in some perverse cosmic masturbation over the manifestation of evil and sadism.

To be quite honest. I don't know what to respond here. I trust I will one day
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by Anormalguy(m): 4:49am On Jul 09, 2022
Hello Deepsight.

People have mentioned what I understand to be that there is a big picture in this which accomplishes something good such as the animals remaining active and the population of the animal being kept fresh. Perhaps the apparent brutality to achieve this is mostly in our eyes. Aside from that they feel pain and similar emotions, we do not know how the animals really find this. Are they disgusted by it like we humans, repelled by it even or are they pleased in having to act on their instincts of fear in running from predator or pleased with the pain they go through in being killed by a predator when it comes to that? Likewise for the predator too. Inconceivable for a human to take pleasure in that, I know. But a human is not an animal, and is the animal not really very inconceivable to man?

What I am saying is that perhaps the sense of brutality is personal to the species and not the same for all. What we humans call brutal in the animal kingdom may be normal for them. And what we humans call civilized, the angels in Heaven may look at as brutal.

As for why we see the animal brutal behavior in humans as well. For killing animals for food, I agree with the explanation Justcool gave. In other areas like war for competition of resources, my answer is that every or at least most human beings know that these things are wrong, are innately repelled by them and are capable of doing what is right, if the person still decides to do evil then that is their choice and not what they are forced to do by nature.

I believe that this world can be much better if we human beings pulled ourselves together and stated striving to do what is right. The idea that we are forced by nature to do evil is an excuse in my opinion because the reality is that the nature is for us to decide. Many people have been tempted to do evil before and successfully resisted, why did nature not force them to do evil there or does nature just force us to do whatever, how senseless and aimless is that and inconsistent with the sense and purpose we see everywhere in nature?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by mnwankwo(m): 12:34pm On Oct 07, 2023
Good day DeepSight. Long time. Greetings and stay blessed.
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by DeepSight(m): 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2023
mnwankwo:

Good day DeepSight. Long time. Greetings and stay blessed.

Long time indeed, Mnwankwo the great, the noble, the deepminded! Where hast thou been sir?
Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by DeepSight(m): 3:02pm On Oct 07, 2023
Anormalguy:
Hello Deepsight.

People have mentioned what I understand to be that there is a big picture in this which accomplishes something good such as the animals remaining active and the population of the animal being kept fresh. Perhaps the apparent brutality to achieve this is mostly in our eyes. Aside from that they feel pain and similar emotions, we do not know how the animals really find this. Are they disgusted by it like we humans, repelled by it even or are they pleased in having to act on their instincts of fear in running from predator or pleased with the pain they go through in being killed by a predator when it comes to that? Likewise for the predator too. Inconceivable for a human to take pleasure in that, I know. But a human is not an animal, and is the animal not really very inconceivable to man?

We are also animals and can apply the same big picture principle to one another. Perhaps killing one another in wars also helps to keep the population alert, active and fresh.

What I am saying is that perhaps the sense of brutality is personal to the species and not the same for all. What we humans call brutal in the animal kingdom may be normal for them. And what we humans call civilized, the angels in Heaven may look at as brutal.

Maybe you should understand that I am not necessarily condemning that natural order. I am just saying that we do not need to assume that it is kind or loving or merciful. We need to see it for what it is and accept it as it is.

As for why we see the animal brutal behavior in humans as well. For killing animals for food, I agree with the explanation Justcool gave. In other areas like war for competition of resources, my answer is that every or at least most human beings know that these things are wrong, are innately repelled by them and are capable of doing what is right, if the person still decides to do evil then that is their choice and not what they are forced to do by nature.

Nature itself is set up for competition and strife. And in that very fact rests the foundation of evolution which causes improved forms of creatures to thrive: the survival of the fittest.

I believe that this world can be much better if we human beings pulled ourselves together and stated striving to do what is right. The idea that we are forced by nature to do evil is an excuse in my opinion because the reality is that the nature is for us to decide. Many people have been tempted to do evil before and successfully resisted, why did nature not force them to do evil there or does nature just force us to do whatever, how senseless and aimless is that and inconsistent with the sense and purpose we see everywhere in nature?

Thanks.

I hope you do not have to be at the scene of a famine or drought or Plague or Earthquake or Volcanic Eruption or Flood or other natural disaster to understand that nature often pushes people to take extreme measures to survive and such can involve killing other people or forcefully taking their resources.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life by killsmith(f): 11:08pm On Feb 12
Agreed. God must be a sadist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rccg July Holy Ghost Service / The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible / A Thousand Shall Not Fall At My Side,And Ten Thousand Shall Not At My Right Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.