Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad (17425 Views)

Reps Reject Yakubu Abdullahi's Motion To Declare Bauchi Oil-Producing State / Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles / Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Frosheer(m): 10:04pm On Mar 03, 2022
Hmmm issokay... I don't think that will be even possible they should they to fix the educational system of this country first
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Ihatemumu: 10:06pm On Mar 03, 2022
aspabay:
One of the very useless bills.

So because I am a Nigerian politician my children must then school in Nigeria.
People don't go abroad just because the country is bad. There are Chinese, British, German etc students schooling outside their country.

Let those who will study in Nigeria do, and those who can afford going abroad, let them go.

Black man,
How many times have you seen an American leader send their kids to Africa to study?

Do you prefer to trade your future and that of your generation yet unborn by voting for people who don't even believe in the system?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by chriskosherbal(m): 10:06pm On Mar 03, 2022
I know they will never agree

Dead on Arrival grin

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by samwheel(m): 10:11pm On Mar 03, 2022
angry
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Badguy77(m): 10:11pm On Mar 03, 2022
Killing our education and making our youths illiterate or half baked graduate while there children study abroad so those idiots will still come back and rule us....

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Lightorder: 10:13pm On Mar 03, 2022
ImoleNaija:
I'm in support of the rejection.

I can be in their shoes someday & wouldn't want anyone step on my human rights.

What's bad for the goose is bad for the gander. If you know, you know.
those shoes go bend your legs then . Better go and do something decent.
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by aspabay(m): 10:13pm On Mar 03, 2022
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 03, 2022
I agree with them. Education costs money!!! When the government wants to increase fees in order to improve the quality of education, Nigerians will protest, so why should my children suffer from the public education system because the public do not want to pay for good education...you are the ones that will graduate with certificates that are not worth the paper they are printed on.

Same thing with fuel subsidy, we say remove subsidy people protest, then they complain there are no roads, how can there be roads when the money we spend on subsidy is 3 times the money we spend on roads? the money we spend on subsidy in one year is more than twice the cost of lagos -ibadan rail way line!!!!
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Rafmore(m): 10:14pm On Mar 03, 2022
Welcome to Nigeria, ����

Anyway you can contact us today in terms of Architectural design, consultancy, and construction @ www.Facebook.com/RAfmore 71 or call us on +2349043090523 or +2349017812476 Whatsapp Available

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by omenkaLives(m): 10:14pm On Mar 03, 2022
Of course they wont accept it since they'd be the hardest hit.

Fvcking criminals.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Blaine756(m): 10:15pm On Mar 03, 2022
Then you are saying Nigeria is hopeless in terms of education. If you are the best why find a better one. If Nigeria education is the best you won't need to go out to look for a better education.

ImoleNaija:

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by nairaman66(m): 10:17pm On Mar 03, 2022
I will take Nigeria serious the day this NASS is scrapped!
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Rick9(m): 10:20pm On Mar 03, 2022
The bill doesn't make sense at all. Pass bills that would fix the economy. Mtchew
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by janedonez(m): 10:21pm On Mar 03, 2022
When we are ready and serious as a nation to move ahead,we will know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by RexTramadol1: 10:22pm On Mar 03, 2022
Laslas the youths they decide to leave to rotten system will be enraged in the near future insomuch that those kids that are their investments abroad (with taxpayers’ money) will be used as “aroko” for their parents
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by BigBashiru: 10:25pm On Mar 03, 2022
nairaman66:
I will take Nigeria serious the day this NASS is scrapped!

A bunch of idiots sit down half asleep and make N15m monthly lmao
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:26pm On Mar 03, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

I am not surprised they rejected the bill because even Muhammadu Buhari doesn't believe in Nigeria that's why his kids schooled abroad and he also prefer UK hospitals over Nigeria's..

As a matter of fact, Buhari's charity begins abroad.

What's the name of that one that went from USA to London for a knee Surgery?

Repeating the same thing all the time can't get us any different result ....
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Freddonance(m): 10:27pm On Mar 03, 2022
The rejection of this bill should be protested by all but that won't happen. If it's to protest against inconsequential things that add little or no value to our advancement as a nation, so many will be willing to do it.
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Iamolukorede(m): 10:28pm On Mar 03, 2022
Strange but true, the thing is their own personal interest will come first. Why won't they kill the bill when it doesn't favours them ?, And I can tell you, that bill is a welcome development within the Nigerian society, it will enable these rouges to sit up and put a cut in corruption prostitution in the country.

Infact, it will make them focus on nation building. Even their principal " buhari" don't believe in the country because he unstd how bastardised the health sector is then he prefers treatment overseas, jus know that this current structure will never work. It will continue to fail because it was designed to fail by this rogues and their colonial masters.

No country as ever prospered either without a great leader or a popular revolt.
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by samwillyco1(m): 10:28pm On Mar 03, 2022
They are guilty of it, criminals
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Oyinlomobambam(m): 10:28pm On Mar 03, 2022
Only those dying in poverty or don't think they can make it in life to be in those shoe in the future will support this kind bill.
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by EdwardRandy(m): 10:29pm On Mar 03, 2022
I honestly support their rejection on this one, even me as a politician no go gree.
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by ImoleNaija: 10:31pm On Mar 03, 2022
Blaine756:
Then you are saying Nigeria is hopeless in terms of education. If you are the best why find a better one. If Nigeria education is the best you won't need to go out to look for a better education.

The ban should affect both the rich & the poor, the public office holders & the commoners then.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:31pm On Mar 03, 2022
samwheel:
angry

I pity dis country and the idiots above dis post supporting dem.
If dis country is ever going to move forward, it will start from d politicians.
If ur kids don't school here, how do u fix d educational system.
If u don't use our hospitals, how do u fix it

If u are poor in dis country, just know dat u are a slave here, I was in queue for over 5 hours yesterday just to get petrol.

Some people are still hating on d west for their part in slave trade centuries ago while our politicians are
my broda I tire ooo aswear

Their foolishness is astounding, unfathomable, their foolishness is so advanced in age wearing the beard of Aristotle.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by chibu4u2(m): 10:34pm On Mar 03, 2022
Ladies n gents........this is the main reason why ASUU issues will never ever be resolved.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:34pm On Mar 03, 2022
aspabay:

Read read read

https://www.businessinsider.com/uk-mps-want-russia-oligarch-kids-banned-from-elite-schools-2022-2?amp

https://www.newsweek.com/2014/08/08/educating-their-children-abroad-russian-elites-guilty-secret-261909.html?amp=1

https://observer.com/2017/07/children-of-russian-politicians-live-in-united-states-european-union/amp/

https://www.businessinsider.com/where-presidents-send-their-kids-to-school-2017-6?amp
Look at the wahala country u even use for comparison, I thought u would come up with something better.

Again for the umpteenth time how many foreigners do you see study in Nigerian public universities and even live in the campus?

Infact many Africans from SA, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana have u seen studying in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Niceessien(m): 10:35pm On Mar 03, 2022
The guy pass that bill should contest for president come 2023

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by FamTomx2(m): 10:41pm On Mar 03, 2022
Rubber stamp zoo senators have done it again oooo!!!

Another achievement achieved grin
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by seyz91(m): 10:42pm On Mar 03, 2022
You get sense so? undecided
ImoleNaija:

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Ara21(f): 10:45pm On Mar 03, 2022
Why won't they reject it. God should just kill all these evil men already.
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by SmartPolician: 10:45pm On Mar 03, 2022
Nigeria is one joke of a country nobody believes in, including the politicians and public servants who appear to be the biggest beneficiaries!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Is Tinubu's Old Age A Testament Of Great Blessing? / I Became President By Accident – Obasanjo / LASG Calls For Cooperation As Construction Of 3 Major Roads Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.