Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad (17427 Views)

Reps Reject Yakubu Abdullahi's Motion To Declare Bauchi Oil-Producing State / Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles / Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Subzero47: 10:54pm On Mar 03, 2022
ImoleNaija:
I'm in support of the rejection.

I can be in their shoes someday & wouldn't want anyone step on my human rights.

What's bad for the goose is bad for the gander. If you know, you know.

If you want to be in their shoes then don't send your children abroad!

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Kingosytex(m): 10:55pm On Mar 03, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

I am not surprised they rejected the bill because non of them believe in Nigeria, even Muhammadu Buhari, the president of Nigeria doesn't believe in Nigeria that's why his kids schooled abroad and he also prefer UK hospitals over Nigeria's..

As a matter of fact, Buhari's charity begins abroad.

will not like this. grin
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by oilmane(m): 10:56pm On Mar 03, 2022
rollybest:

Source:https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/reps-reject-bills-seeking-to-stop-children-of-public-officers-from-schooling-abroad-2/

Nice try but u expect them to shoot themselves on the leg? Where are their kids schooling?
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by aspabay(m): 10:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Look at the yeye country u even use for comparison, I thought u would come up with something better.

Again for the umpteenth time how many foreigners do you see study in Nigerian public universities and even live in the campus?

Infact many Africans from SA, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana have u seen studying in Nigeria?

I schooled in Ife, we even have a block in Awo hall for foreign students. Same thing in UI.

You call Russia yeye country, even though your country men are dying to go school there.

Bottom line, schooling outside your country is not new and can be for different reasons.
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:58pm On Mar 03, 2022
Kingosytex:

will not like this. grin

We say it as it is no matter whose Ox is gored
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Bankowner: 10:59pm On Mar 03, 2022
Bill wey no go comot for the desk of the Senate President not to talk of flying through the window of the Upper Chamber.
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Doctor2030: 11:01pm On Mar 03, 2022
Just Nonsense and ingridents.

They can Never ever support the bill. You kidding.

They know the Nigerian Educational sector is Drowning already more so, how will they get to launder PUBLIC FUNDS.
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by damosade(m): 11:02pm On Mar 03, 2022
Imagine people supporting the bill rejection. How many foreigners schools in Nigeria. If we want changes in this country, let the change begins with our leaders.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Valuepaints20(m): 11:06pm On Mar 03, 2022
They can never approve that

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by ImoleNaija: 11:15pm On Mar 03, 2022
seyz91:
You get sense so? undecided

Maybe you need to borrow from someone close wink
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Angrymode: 11:15pm On Mar 03, 2022
These are the kind of bills that will save this but NO, our political elite won't ever allow it.

Kudos to this particular senator and all the ones that supported it. The rest deserves to be shot dead because they are all thieves and don't have this country at heart.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by luluman: 11:17pm On Mar 03, 2022
ImoleNaija:
I'm in support of the rejection.

I can be in their shoes someday & wouldn't want anyone step on my human rights.

What's bad for the goose is bad for the gander. If you know, you know.
I beg sit down. If you be in their shoes you can step down if you want your kids school abroad. If they fix Nigeria why should they be scared?
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by ImoleNaija: 11:19pm On Mar 03, 2022
luluman:
I beg sit down. If you be in their shoes you can step down if you want your kids school abroad. If they fix Nigeria why should they be scared?

If you have the required means, would you deny your kids schooling abroad?
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Ihatemumu: 11:19pm On Mar 03, 2022
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Laggafin: 11:21pm On Mar 03, 2022
We are not yet ready as a people.. I bet both leadership and the led are bunch of Chronic Comedians

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by NamelessOGBENI(m): 11:25pm On Mar 03, 2022
This thread is a pointer to let you know what's going on in the mind of the average Nigerian.

1. Most of us don't know what we want.
2. We deserve the kind of the leaders we have, as a matter fact, our leaders are our reflections.
3. Making Nigeria a great nation might need a touch of miracle and plenty sacrifices but we are not ready to pay the price.
4. E go be na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Panda7(m): 11:26pm On Mar 03, 2022
any bill that sought to eliminate corruption should be pass else what is the argument for corruption

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Rebuke: 11:31pm On Mar 03, 2022
Newboss:
Very good. We live in a capitalist society. Everyone is free to buy what they can afford. We all want democracy until it gets to the turn of the rich, then we want government to cripple them.

Sentiments is not going to get you anywhere. Don't let sentiments cloud your reasoning.

Only if the money is earned legally and not through siphoning of public funds.

Funny enough, most of them wouldn't have been able to afford such life but politics paved the way......through very corrupt practices.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by brandsoncharlie: 11:34pm On Mar 03, 2022
aspabay:
One of the very useless bills.

So because I am a Nigerian politician my children must then school in Nigeria.
People don't go abroad just because the country is bad. There are Chinese, British, German etc students schooling outside their country.

Let those who will study in Nigeria do, and those who can afford going abroad, let them go.
We are talking about leaders not giving the Nigerian child good education but want to seek good outside.
Look at those countries you listed they invite foreign nationals and have made education lucrative for their citizens.
The Chinese, Germans etc that seek education abroad are the countries that are advanced than them in that field of study, not like in Nigeria case.
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by stalwart123955: 11:41pm On Mar 03, 2022
The forum looks good
kingtip93: I just joined the Up. .Ghana forum and already addicted to it

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Codeye(m): 11:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
aspabay:
The bill does not make sense.
So if I come from diaspora and come to serve Nigeria, my wards will have to leave school abroad and come school in Nigeria.

Thanks to the reps for throwing it out.
Kindly read again not the headline this time

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Codeye(m): 12:03am On Mar 04, 2022
perambulator:
I agree with them. Education costs money!!! When the government wants to increase fees in order to improve the quality of education, Nigerians will protest, so why should my children suffer from the public education system because the public do not want to pay for good education...you are the ones that will graduate with certificates that are not worth the paper they are printed on.

Same thing with fuel subsidy, we say remove subsidy people protest, then they complain there are no roads, how can there be roads when the money we spend on subsidy is 3 times the money we spend on roads? the money we spend on subsidy in one year is more than twice the cost of lagos -ibadan rail way line!!!!
Please kindly read again not the headline this time
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by hodari: 12:05am On Mar 04, 2022
Democracy is two hyenas and a goat voting for dinner grin undecided
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Nobody: 12:11am On Mar 04, 2022
Nigeria is not matured for democracy. What we need is a benevolent dictatorship

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by showafrica(m): 12:22am On Mar 04, 2022
... So these politicians don't even believe in the so called Nigeria and you guys wonder why ipob is agitating
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by uptownemmygee(m): 12:26am On Mar 04, 2022
Tiyi:
They are right tho. Just because they are public officers or in leadership position doesn't mean they should pay heavily with their kids. 90% of us here would have preferred to be educated abroad. And it not even because of the certificate but because we want to be exposed. Some of this reps may even be sponsoring people abroad, so they should now subject their kids to Nigeria institution especially when they have the capability to afford international studies.

Everything shouldn't be about hating on politician. I said and I quote "my children won't school in Nigeria if I'm in power"

Shikena

Werey oniranu
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by uptownemmygee(m): 12:31am On Mar 04, 2022
If them support am make I bend like crayfish, awon selfish politicians oshi, they won't die well one by one
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:34am On Mar 04, 2022
aspabay:

I schooled in Ife, we even have a block in Awo hall for foreign students. Same thing in UI.

You call Russia yeye country, even though your country men are dying to go school there.

Bottom line, schooling outside your country is not new and can be for different reasons.
It is obviously not yeye military and politically

But very annoying in some aspects oligarchy &
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by bejeria101(m): 12:41am On Mar 04, 2022
See them airheads na now una get rights?

Our educational system should die or is already dead thanks to your rights.

Awon oponu.
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by ArewaNorth: 12:48am On Mar 04, 2022
Only poverty ravaged, jealous Nigerians will support this crazy bill!
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by kabillionaire(m): 1:18am On Mar 04, 2022
These are the people destroying this country, enemies of the state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Labour Party, SWAGA Back Council Of State Decision On Naira Redesign Policy / Governor Willie Obiano holds Mum's Requiem In Agululeri.photos / 2019: Ribadu Seeks To Dislodge Gov. Bindow In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.