Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Please My Marriage ! Advice Please - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please My Marriage ! Advice Please (8283 Views)

Marriage Advice Needed. No Insult Please / What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? / My Marriage Has Finally Ended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by Cheasystickylov: 1:42am On Mar 04, 2022
Hello all, please all I need is your candid advice. I do not think this is the time to ask me rhetorical questions. I would have answered all those questions before the end of the epistle.
I do not sincerely if to quit my marriage or jut keep hoping that things will change in the nearest future.
I dated my wife for three years before got married in 2006. I can say without exaggeration that it has been war, except occasionally when peace will just reign for a short period of time.
Sadly I got a job in a multinational and we moved to Germany in 2014 and that just worsened everything. This made her to acquired more powers to do what ever she likes.
My wife is someone that literally fights with every single person.
During our dating, she exhibited so many of these characters. Despite all these red signs, I somehow just continued rather foolishly in the relationship hoping things will get better. This was not also helped by the pastor of our church who ensured that the relationship continued, he gave very many biblical examples including forgiving someone 7 times 77 times. I must also state that her mother was an elder in the church. So the action of the pastor is understandable.
We eventually got married, and it has been sorry tears and blood. We were able to have 3 children, and the eldest is 11 years, the youngest is 7 years.
My wife disrespects every single living thing I say, every one of them, she can insult me in public without giving a damn. I can not list all the scenario. Just to emphasize this point, her eldest brother and sisters have cautioned her many times , in my house and even when we visit them. To further emphasize, her eldest sister’s husband stop us from coming to his house because he said he can does not just bear the insults and the manner she disrespects me.
We can not have a heart to heart discussion, she is always not ready, or when we talk she just tell me to summarize, or she ignores me completely.
I have suggested counselling, however, she simply refused.
We can stay in the house for months without talking to each other, I have and still has always been the one that tries to initiate peace. Sadly most times she doesn’t even listen and walk away.
She keep male friends that I do not even have any real relationship with them, even if I try to caution her, she screams back. I have actually stopped trying to caution her, I just leave her alone with them. The latest now is a pastor who prays for her for the past 5 years, sadly the pastor and I have never had any conversation for all these years. I demanded for his number 2 years ago, she refused as usual, so I just allow her be. Of course their has been one or two case of suspected infidelity, initially when I asked she just ignored me and was even screaming. I gave her deadline of 5 days and she later cam to me to explain. Although there were still many grey areas.

The sad part is that, there is no single family member to even look into the matter
1.Her step brothers and sisters- they are not in talking terms.
2.Her mum- her mum dare not !
3.Her uncle- She is not in talking terms with any of them
4.Her Aunt-the same story, not in talking terms with them

She does not really have any close per say, and occasionally attend church online. I wish does attend a physical church, her pastor would have been the next person that might probably look into it.

Sadly she believes every one of these people including me have a problem. She feels she is right and we are all just evil people.

I am so confused and frustrated. I do not know exactly what to do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by Ahmed0336(m): 1:53am On Mar 04, 2022

Truth is NA ONLY YOU DEY DI MARRIAGE.

What sort of woman did you marry that not even her relatives want anything to do with her? That alone shows she is the problem.

You better send her sorry azz to her parents to be retrained so that thou may live long.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by Scientists(m): 1:54am On Mar 04, 2022
Have you tried Anal? Try giving her anal so as to prove that you are strong enough to withstand .

You don't know the power of good sex until u get one. I once spoke in tongues ontop of a woman. Good sex can go a long way in settling disputes. Pull out that stuff and do the needful

3 Likes

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by chukwuibuipob: 2:15am On Mar 04, 2022
sad Daughter of Eve or we we kal them Jezebel sad

1 Like

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by HarunaWest(m): 2:34am On Mar 04, 2022
See how matured babies whine like fools nowadays. Why not divorce her if you are not compatible? Where is it written in the constitution that you must remain in a marriage that isn't favourable to you? Yoh better pull the wool of your eyes and wake up from that delusion. If pastor says you should forgive, ask him to get married to her, no be by force.

7 Likes

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by bibianna(f): 2:37am On Mar 04, 2022
If what you wrote here is the truth. You have to secretly gather evidence to back you up. Then devise a plan to lure her back to Nigeria.

Once you're able to successfully do this. You can file for divorce and be a free man.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by milliondollas(m): 3:57am On Mar 04, 2022
I BELIEVE YOU DONT HAVE BRAIN

6 Likes

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by Romanoff(f): 4:03am On Mar 04, 2022
Sadly, you saw all these signs before marrying her and still jumped into the marriage. She didn't deceive you by pretending to be a good woman, she had always been that way, traveling to Germany has nothing to do with it.

Na the kind person wey she be.

I'd suggest you separate from her for a while, say three months. If she doesn't change, extend it to six months.

Send upkeep money for her and the kids but let her be by herself. If after 6 months, there's no change, file for divorce.

Maybe not to go through with it but to put her in her toes.

Note to the single folks out there

If the person you're in a relationship with doesn't have one or two persons that they respect very well. One or two persons that if they are misbehaving and you report them to, they will rearrange themselves. One or two persons that when they call them and talk sense to them they will harken to the voice of wisdom.

If the person you're dating doesn't have one or two of such people, abort.

OP's wife doesn't have any of such people and that's one of the reasons he's where he is now.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by chatinent: 4:05am On Mar 04, 2022
See the main reason why some men dey bear their wives.

2 Likes

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by dopeonlove: 4:13am On Mar 04, 2022
I read your story , I shake head. I hope she no get bipolar ? I was very happy when I got to the part you wrote, all the red flags were there during your courtship but you foolishly went ahead to marry her . So you brought sorrow , tears and sadness to your self, thinking that things would change. I don't know how old your wife is , but I know that things ( lifestyle) that did not change over 30 years of her existence would not change now .

Anyways, I don't have much to say but to thank God for my life. My relationship of over a year now has been a very turbulent one from the very first day till date and I once believed things would change, but my brother , things are just getting worst and I am planning to go ahead with the marriage. However, Something very strange happened by she, taking her madness to my family and every one was stunned !

Imagine your wife telling you and your family she can't bear your surname and you should bear hers ?? Baba , it was a narrow escape and really thank God almighty for coming to my rescue. Now reading this your story even makes me feel I am on the right track not to regret my actions very soon .

My advice for you right now is to try as much as possible to stay away from reporting her to her family of any kind , pastors and councillors ( as it has not been working but only makes her more angry ) . Always try to make your wife happy . Be the first to apologize. Put in more effort to be a gentle , sweet , romantic, caring and loving husband . Go with her love languages, just maybe, she may see a reason to love you again. The reason for this is because the old ways ain't working so you need a change of approach to save your marriage. Lastly, put her in prayers! Good luck in your future endeavours.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by HitSong: 4:17am On Mar 04, 2022
Cheasystickylov:
Hello all, please all I need is your candid advice. I do not think this is the time to ask me rhetorical questions. I would have answered all those questions before the end of the epistle.
I do not sincerely if to quit my marriage or jut keep hoping that things will change in the nearest future.
I dated my wife for three years before got married in 2006. I can say without exaggeration that it has been war, except occasionally when peace will just reign for a short period of time.
Sadly I got a job in a multinational and we moved to Germany in 2014 and that just worsened everything. This made her to acquired more powers to do what ever she likes.
During our dating, she exhibited so many of these characters. Despite all these red signs, I somehow just continued rather foolishly in the relationship hoping things will get better. This was not also helped by the pastor of our church who ensured that the relationship continued, he gave very many biblical examples including forgiving someone 7 times 77 times. I must also state that her mother was an elder in the church. So the action of the pastor is understandable.
We eventually got married, and it has been sorry tears and blood. We were able to have 3 children, and the eldest is 11 years, the youngest is 7 years.
My wife disrespects every single living thing I say, every one of them, she can insult me in public without giving a damn. I can not list all the scenario. Just to emphasize this point, her eldest brother and sisters have cautioned her many times , in my house and even when we visit them. To further emphasize, her eldest sister’s husband stop us from coming to his house because he said he can does not just bear the insults and the manner she disrespects me.
We can not have a heart to heart discussion, she is always not ready, or when we talk she just tell me to summarize, or she ignores me completely.
We can stay in the house for months without talking to each other, I have and still has always been the one that tries to initiate peace. Sadly most times she doesn’t even listen and walk away.
She keep male friends that I do not even have any real relationship with them, even if I try to caution her, she screams back. I have actually stopped trying to caution her, I just leave her alone with them. The latest now is a pastor who prays for her for the past 5 years, sadly the pastor and I have never had any conversation for all these years. I demanded for his number 2 years ago, she refused as usual, so I just allow her be. Of course their has been one or two case of suspected infidelity, initially when I asked she just ignored me and was even screaming. I gave her deadline of 5 days and she later cam to me to explain. Although there were still many grey areas.

The sad part is that, there is no single family member to even look into the matter

She does not really have any close per say, and occasionally attend church online. I wish does attend a physical church, her pastor would have been the next person that might probably look into it.

Sadly she believes every one of these people including me have a problem. She feels she is right and we are all just evil people.

What's stopping you from divorcing her?
Does she hold your destiny or you want to die before your time?
I don't know how some people just decide to accept living a senseless and miserable life all because they want to make, keep or allow peace to resign with someone at their own detriment.
RUBBISH!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by Nobody: 4:26am On Mar 04, 2022
This is what happens when you force a woman to marry you and you obviously did because from your statement that after noticing the red flags, you still went ahead, it shows you were very desperate at the time. Truth is, she never loved you.

I don't know what you want anyone to do for you now. If someone had tried talking you out of it then, you wouldn't have listened cos you would have thought it was the best for you. Yes cos I know of one slowpoke that despite some obvious flaws in a lady he's trying to woo, he's still chasing her up and down till date and wishing she could say yes. Later he too will come here to lament.

The worst that can happen is when a woman can no longer stand having a conversation with you. Like you complained that she tells you to summarize whenever you try to strike a conversation with her. Oga, you're OYO in that marriage o.

Well, you have satisfied your conscience. ( Marrying her despite all) and I believe you have learnt your lesson. Please carry your cross.

Una no dey hear until e hit una.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by baby124: 4:29am On Mar 04, 2022
They way you wrote it if true and if you are blameless sounds like someone with a bit of a mental health issue. You may want to calmly ask her to seek help because, her behavior is not normal

4 Likes

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by frozen70(f): 5:24am On Mar 04, 2022
Cheasystickylov:

It's just a pity

She is living in her own world and she us just high for nothing

Just ignore those areas you can't control and move on

If someone doesn't value you, you absence makes no sense to the person

2 Likes

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by mrblessed(m): 5:38am On Mar 04, 2022
Tales of a thoroughly emasculated man. Since you have decided to tolerate her excesses, just continue to endure until such a time God touches her to start behaving like a wife. The fact that you live in a western country further complicates your ordeal.

1 Like

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by Richy4(m): 5:45am On Mar 04, 2022
Sadly, I wished that the pastor you listened to is in this marriage/relationship with you to help u bear the third-degree burns u were facing daily...

Anyways, Just keep on praying for her to change... You can watch war-room as well for encouragement... Since u saw fire and deliberately walked into it to know if it burns, just keep praying... There's nothing prayers can not do...I believe 70×7 forgiveness is still a long way from now embarassed..

The only worry and concern that I have is the kind of kids that u two will be raising..... Since she doesn't hide her disrespect and disregard for you, Those kids will grow up watching their mother... They will transfer those things they learnt to an unfortunate boy or girl in future because they don't know any better.... And those ones will join another forum in future to lament their 'woes'...it becomes a chain... angry sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by lympy: 6:33am On Mar 04, 2022
Hh

1 Like

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by 9jagovernor: 6:51am On Mar 04, 2022
Seems you're a real definition of SIMP.
You're the gentle type who is easily controlled by women

3 Likes

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by baby124: 6:52am On Mar 04, 2022
lympy:
Hmmm. I hope you would listen without bias. First you need to be a MAN. Grow or develop thick skin. If you were in Nigeria I would advise you to closely monitor her and the day she is aggressive to you, give her the beating of her life. I mean as you would a baby. Not violently to injure. I mean proper slaps a wip etc. As it isn't, find an alternative accomodation for a couple of months, meet only to the basic needs of the family particularly the kids. Do not bother to call them except they call demanding finances. After a short period, begin to post of channels where she has access like WhatsApp to show the good life you are having free from toxicity. If she runs to anyone to help talk to you, let them Kno how determined you are to have a good life free from toxicity. At first she will form strong woman. Keep your tough skin. She knows you are weak that's why you sue for peace. Begin to have your own female pastor that will pray for you. Etc. She will beg but that doesn't mean she has changed. So when you eventually sit to discuss, you offer your new terms and conditions for the marriage signed by her. You can even go to the extent of getting a divorce lawyer to contact her after a few months all to shake her. Good luck
You actually advise him to beat his wife? What the hell? I don’t think everything is alright with you!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by Klass99(f): 7:19am On Mar 04, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by gaby(m): 7:33am On Mar 04, 2022
I pity you and the products of this union (the kids).

This was a union that wasn't supposed to be. You forced it and the repercussions of doing or having things your way is what you are reaping right now.

The signs are always there and that still voice always speaks to us but we are quick to ignore or shut it out while believing in our understanding.

I've been in a marriage more toxic than this.

I jejely pick the few clothes and shoes wey my bag fit contain, abandon everything else and thank God no kids were involved.

I took off for my life without looking back. She look for me tire na. She still dey trail me for nairaland here I know but na she go tire.

The best decision I ever made in my life was abandoning the curse of a marriage and saving my head.

Oga, no be by force to marry or remain married.

Save your head and mind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by Klass99(f): 7:36am On Mar 04, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by Richy4(m): 7:41am On Mar 04, 2022
milliondollas:
I BELIEVE YOU DONT HAVE BRAIN

I believe he asked for advice and not insult and disrespect angry

1 Like

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by emmanuelbrown26: 8:46am On Mar 04, 2022
U all simps deserves what u got. Chairman simps association well done sir.
I don't know why, how and when some men lost their manly upbringing.
Either your father failed to train u as a man or u deviated from the training your good father gave u.
THE GOD'S ARE WISE

6 Likes

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 04, 2022
Klass99:

Mercychen undecided

I am smiling and smh, how did you arrive at this conclusion?

Nothing in his narrative suggests he forced her into marriage, rather it seems like he was subtly pressured by their church pastor and he made a bad judgment call, by marrying her in spite of the red flags.

My submission was in regards to where he mentioned that even though he saw the red flags, he still chose to go ahead. For what? if i may ask.

Fine, the pastor was advising him to go on but he didn't pressure him. He had the right to still say no after forgiving her.
Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by Bounceboune7: 10:46am On Mar 04, 2022
When people push u to marry someone u have to understand that they won't face d consequences for u.

I hate d idea of saying someone talk u to marry,see nothing changes after marriage except d name and responsibility.

If a man shows u 90% love during courtship know for sure that it will reduce to 60% after marriage,it's nobody fault but law of nature n diminishing returns.

If a man disrespect u like 30% b4 marriage, be rest assured it will increase to 80% after marriage.

Once u see d red flags never try to endure cos if someone can show obvious bad signs b4 marriage just know he/she will do more after marriage

2 Likes

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by SimeonOTC(m): 10:59am On Mar 04, 2022
gaby:
I pity you and the products of this union (the kids).

This was a union that wasn't supposed to be. You forced it and the repercussions of doing or having things your way is what you are reaping right now.

The signs are always there and that still voice always speaks to us but we are quick to ignore or shut it out while believing in our understanding.

I've been in a marriage more toxic than this.

I jejely pick the few clothes and shoes wey my bag fit contain, abandon everything else and thank God no kids were involved.

I took off for my life without looking back. She look for me tire na. She still dey trail me for nairaland here I know but na she go tire.

The best decision I ever made in my life was abandoning the curse of a marriage and saving my head.

Oga, no be by force to marry or remain married.

Save your head and mind.

Seriously, up till date, I still don't understand why people find it so difficult to leave a wrong, abusive, irresponsible and incompatible marriage/partner. whether kids or not kids (I still don't even get why they have kids with such a person).
leaving such a marriage is one of the easiest thing for me to do on earth after reading A,B,C,D.. I may not even have the strength to try and work it out or look for a solution.

Just pick up few cloths, some valuable stuff and find my way to were they will spend the leftover years of their life to reach me and start life over again.
nothing can stop me;
Not marriage certificate,
Not some kind of outdated promises or vows,
Not my family or her's,
and certainly not the Government.
absolutely, NOTHING!

2 Likes

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by descartes400: 11:26am On Mar 04, 2022
dopeonlove:
I read your story , I shake head. I hope she no get bipolar ? I was very happy when I got to the part you wrote, all the red flags were there during your courtship but you foolishly went ahead to marry her . So you brought sorrow , tears and sadness to your self, thinking that things would change. I don't know how old your wife is , but I know that things ( lifestyle) that did not change over 30 years of her existence would not change now .

Anyways, I don't have much to say but to thank God for my life. My relationship of over a year now has been a very turbulent one from the very first day till date and I once believed things would change, but my brother , things are just getting worst and I am planning to go ahead with the marriage. However, Something very strange happened by she, taking her madness to my family and every one was stunned !

Imagine your wife telling you and your family she can't bear your surname and you should bear hers ?? Baba , it was a narrow escape and really thank God almighty for coming to my rescue. Now reading this your story even makes me feel I am on the right track not to regret my actions very soon .

My advice for you right now is to try as much as possible to stay away from reporting her to her family of any kind , pastors and councillors ( as it has not been working but only makes her more angry ) . Always try to make your wife happy . Be the first to apologize. Put in more effort to be a gentle , sweet , romantic, caring and loving husband . Go with her love languages, just maybe, she may see a reason to love you again. The reason for this is because the old ways ain't working so you need a change of approach to save your marriage. Lastly, put her in prayers! Good luck in your future endeavours.

On the bolded

What the fvcking peaky blinders did you just wrote up there?

During courtship, she was a bad product, after so many years in marriage, she's still a bad product....but here you are advising the husband to put more effort, prayerful, be more gentle, caring romantic and more loving to a woman who doesn't know any of these things?

Above, in your opening paragraph, you alluded to to the fact that a leopard cannot change it's spot. So, why would the man have to be the one to do the above to an unresponsive partner with inherently damaging and bad character in order to save the marriage?

The Man doesn't need to save his marriage, he needs to save him self from her by divorcing her! Period.

6 Likes

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by SimeonOTC(m): 11:34am On Mar 04, 2022
dopeonlove:

you don't deserve to be called a MAN

the nonsense you wrote up there will serve as a catalyst to the menace of a wife to up her ways.

4 Likes

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by RightToReject(m): 12:09pm On Mar 04, 2022
You're paying the ultimate price of equating a woman with special needs for a special woman and marrying her when you know that you don't possess the grit to jolt her to a harmless and refined woman. Your obvious condoning of abuses shows that you are a typical wannabe libertarian. You are the type that has always cheered up women who exhibit and mete out contentiousness and contemptuousness, validating their crass and opportunistic acts as signs of them being strong and independent women.

It can be possible to have her start working and walking with you on your lead fairly and harmoniously; unfortunately, from the indices available, you don't possess the grit that is required to bring such to fruition.

Servility is as bad as cruelty; none of them should be any sane person's standard. The latter, however, should be inevitable when trampled on.

3 Likes

Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by alphaNomega: 12:11pm On Mar 04, 2022
This one is easy na
Re: Please My Marriage ! Advice Please by dopeonlove: 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2022
SimeonOTC:

you don't deserve to be called a MAN

the nonsense you wrote up there will serve as a catalyst to the menace of a wife to up her ways.

It's for Matured Minds only .
Not everything must be done by vawulence . Besides , don't judge by just the Op's story pls. You need to hear her side of the story and see reasons for her behaviour and actions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? / My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married. / I Think My Friend Is More In Love With Me Than My Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.