Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta (12047 Views)

Terrorists Attend Secret Meeting With Nigerian 'Officials' / Tinubu Denies Ownership Of Oriental Hotels, Other Assets ‘Linked’ To Him / Tinubu Denies Demanding N50bn Monthly From Former Lagos Gov, Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by bennybuhari: 6:45pm On Mar 06, 2022
LAGOS – Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, former Lagos State governor and frontline presidential aspirant on the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has denied reports he had a secret meeting with former president Olusegun Obasanjo in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital on Saturday night.

There were online reports that as part of his ongoing consultations, Tinubu met with Obasanjo in the company of Aremo Olusegun Osoba, Chief Bisi Akande and Otunba Subomi Balogun.

However, when contacted by DAILY INDEPENDENT, Tinubu’s media aide, Tunde Rahman said there was no iota of truth in the report as Tinubu was nowhere near Abeokuta at the weekend.

“It’s not true. We have been in Abuja since we ended the visit to Southwest traditional rulers. We only issued a statement congratulating former president Obasanjo” he said.
https://independent.ng/tinubu-denies-secret-meeting-with-obasanjo-in-abeokuta-over-presidential-ambition/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by trutharena: 6:48pm On Mar 06, 2022
Tinubu should have dignified all these fake news mongers with a reply.

201 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by hisexcellency34: 6:49pm On Mar 06, 2022
Tinubu doesnt need Obj's support to win just like Buhari did in 2019

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by gozmok1(m): 6:52pm On Mar 06, 2022
lol Tinubu might not even win SW sef talk more of other regions.
most Yorubas are highly educated and they will never allow a criminal drug baron lord over them.
check your stat
has Tinubu comfortably won any elections in lagos without use of thugs to intimidate voters and oppositions?
even Osun state his supposed home town, he was nearly disgraced by ordinary dancing senator if not for remote rigging from Abuja.
Tinubu operates a thug infested political structure.
check out most of his urchins, they're mainly thugs and cr1minals.
Tinubu no get say for South West politics sef
Makinde dealt with him in Oyo
Aketi in ondo
Fayemi currently dealing with him in Ekiti
I don't know about Ogun state.

Tinubu is an over hyped cr1minal.
lol I doubt Apc will risk their ticket with him.

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Donshegxy10(m): 6:52pm On Mar 06, 2022
On his mandate i stand. Baba so pe!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by LeoDeKing: 6:54pm On Mar 06, 2022
trutharena:
Tinubu should have dignified all these fake news mongers with a reply.
To put the records straight, he needs to.

192 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by LeoDeKing: 6:55pm On Mar 06, 2022
[s]
gozmok1:
most Yorubas are highly educated and they will never allow a criminal drug baron lord over them.
check your stat
has Tinubu comfortably won any elections in lagos without use of thugs to intimidate voters and oppositions?
even Osun state his supposed home town, he was nearly disgraced by ordinary dancing senator if not for remote rigging from Abuja.
Aketi in ondo

[/s]
Disjointed, incoherent and irrelevant gibberish.

231 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by helinues: 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2022
Me Sha know say the likes of Obj, Adeboye, Oba Oni would have known who will be representing SW in the 2023 election.

Na SW get the tricky and suspense Politics

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by adekanmbi1986(m): 6:59pm On Mar 06, 2022
Okay
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by seunmsg(m): 7:20pm On Mar 06, 2022
hisexcellency34:

Nothing in the report suggest that Tinubu doesn’t need Obasanjo to win. He only clarified that he has not held any secret meeting with Obasanjo.

Since Tinubu declared his intention to run for president, he has been doing all his consultations openly. There is no reason why he will meet with Obasanjo secretly.

208 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by jyz200(m): 7:25pm On Mar 06, 2022
gozmok1:
check your stat
Aketi in ondo

I can Assure you, he will confidently win south west with a wide margin
Be like say you no say Yoruba Take this presidency serious
Tinubu have succeeded in making 2023 election a West thing
If he doesn’t clinch it another westerner will
So it’s a win win scenarios for us
Reason why he consulted the Obas first
We would all ask for it with one voice

16 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Penguin2: 7:33pm On Mar 06, 2022
hisexcellency34:

You forgot that in 2015, Buhari, Tinubu and all the APC bigwigs went prostrating to Obasanjo.

Una go just siddon for una mud house dey type rubbish without any iota of understanding of who is who and holds what influence in Nigeria.

Underestimate OBJ at your own peril.

Buhari won re-election in 2019 because he was already in power and knows how to use power unlike GEJ who doesn’t know how to use power.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Afamsi: 8:13pm On Mar 06, 2022
Tinubu can never be Nigeria's president. Skull-miners cum human body parts dealers should get this into their zombie brain

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Frigga13: 10:26pm On Mar 06, 2022
Yoruba people and fake news ..

Yoruba propaganda media exposed once again

And funny Na Yoruba now wan come dey use their propaganda on themselves while involving igbos ..

This people and their kinda of brain sef grin

They wan sell Tinubu with musCle .. e choke .. Yoruba blame igbo

YORUBA PEOPLE SEF
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by WonderManly(m): 5:25am On Mar 07, 2022
Aah!..

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by omoredia: 5:25am On Mar 07, 2022
Keep fooling. Keep tooling.

Can Tinubu be advised that he wants to run as president and not as premier of south west Nigeria. He is a very poor student of history truth be told.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Yoruba1stson: 5:27am On Mar 07, 2022
God bless my incoming president, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu
On his mandate i stand

12 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by godwinstringed1(m): 5:27am On Mar 07, 2022
shocked
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by emmabest2000(m): 5:28am On Mar 07, 2022
Two crooks

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Starboytwo(m): 5:29am On Mar 07, 2022
gozmok1:
check your stat
Aketi in ondo

sharap there.

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Yoruba1stson: 5:29am On Mar 07, 2022
omoredia:
Keep fooling. Keep tooling.

Can Tinubu be advised that he wants to run as president and not as premier of southern Nigeria. He is a very poor student of history truth be told.
we can't deny ipob idi*ts their only power which is wailing, okoro your wailing is highly welcome

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Nobody: 5:31am On Mar 07, 2022
gozmok1:
check your stat
Aketi in ondo

Certain Nigerians who are such a good neighbour that they drag their personal heavy luggage along on the ground whilst they carry the handbags of the Yoruba unassisted on their heads, will not sleep tonight, I tell you. They are the good medical doctors that recommend Surgery for their neighbours reddish eyes, but treat their glaucoma with mere herbs. Thunder fire you if you ask, What's this one saying. Because you know all too well that I'm talking about you, your headless Clan and your red soil and benighted land. Vagabonds for whom it's a curse staying back to "deverop" their land.

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Kobicove(m): 5:34am On Mar 07, 2022
Tinubu and Obj are sworn enemies therefore I see no reason why he should seek his endorsement undecided
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Freestainworld(m): 5:34am On Mar 07, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Ipob pigs and fake news.

Ipob pigs will log into social media, type lies, fellow ipob pigs will retreat.

To put the record straight, you distance yourself from the fake news, same ipob pig will tell you "denial is your stock in trade".

Ipob pigs are brainless animals.
Pampers wearers are not helping the matters, they secretly meet people this moment, and deny it in the next minutes
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Denies Secret Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta by feyisy86(m): 5:41am On Mar 07, 2022
2015 nko?
hisexcellency34:

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019 Presidency: I Have No Reason To Step Down For Atiku, Saraki or any - Turaki / Edo 2020: APC Names Esekaigbe As DG, To Inaugurate Campaign Council Today / Supreme Court Fixes January 26 For Judgment On Jailed Farouk Lawan’s Appeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.