Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine (27900 Views)

US Secretary Of State Blinken Says Ukraine Will Be NATO Member / Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" / Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by babyfaceafrica: 8:23am On Mar 07, 2022
SamuelAnyawu:

Chief I’m not a fan of USA or Russia.
Putin miscalculated. I have learnt a lot from this.
How did you know? Do you know his intentions, una dey naija, say person wey dey kremlim miscalculated.. Smh
Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by ObamaMessi: 8:27am On Mar 07, 2022
DemMannaScam:
I was cursed because I raped my mother
Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by arsenal33: 8:28am On Mar 07, 2022
sapientia:
They have weighed Putin and found him wanting

Infact, Putin disgraced himself militarily

Russia can overun Ukraine in an all out war no doubt

So what it means is that Putin failed in his military operations exposing his logistics downfalls and low morale

By USA calculations on Russia might, Ukraine will fall in 3 days which why they wanted to evacuate the president

But now, they have seen that Putin is all talk and no show

just like Iraq and Afghanistan were supposed to be child's play
Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by Tmberwolf1: 8:29am On Mar 07, 2022
naijainform:

The USA pushed them into fighting already lost war, for there selfish interest. and that interest is all the sanctions, trying to cripple Russia economy.. and make Russians revolt against putin in the coming months, they will still do same to china unless the war degenerate into ww3
The USA, the USA... Are you people not tired of your brainless hate? Did the USA tell Putin to invade Ukraine? The US used it's influence to win over Ukraine in peace, why couldn't Russia do the same? Is it the US fault that Russia couldn't keep up? Is it the US fault that Russia is a brutal dictatorship no one wants to be part of again? "they pushed them into fighting a lost war" so the Ukrainians should just roll over and let Russia invade? Una with slave mentality will not understand why they will rather fight and die defending their homeland, that's why you allowed your leaders ruin you beyond recognition, and still won't talk. The Russian and Chinese revolts didn't start today, you don't expect to subject people to harsh dictatorship and expect them not to riot.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by uunwanaobong3: 8:29am On Mar 07, 2022
Gradually NATO and the world are entering uncharted territory........ As for me, I am already preparing for nuclear war.
Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:30am On Mar 07, 2022
pansophist:
The US always parade itself as world police and peace-keeper, but they choose to pump more weapons into Ukraine. What exactly are they hoping for? That Ukraine will defeat Russia? This is not a case of David and Goliath, but a case of a tiger and a sick dog. Ukraine will be wiped off the map if Russia choose to invade. Right now its "demilitarisation" and "denazification" Putin is after.

I don't understand the media really. How can Ukraine be winning when the Ukrainians are fighting the Russians in Ukraine not Russia? Can Nigeria be said to be winning a war with Cameroon if Cameroonian tanks are in Abuja? And Nigerians fleeing as refugees? How it is possible that Ukrainians ain't seeing how the west is playing with their destiny? Is Zelensky this stupid?
Mark my words, Zelenski will go down as the most foooooolish president that ever lived
Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by SunMusk(m): 8:30am On Mar 07, 2022
Yes, if it is out blown war I believe Russia will have finished Ukraine by now.But Putin himself is careful and i believe he thought Ukraine will just surrender....
Sltp:
you talk like a drunk! Overrun a country in 3 days. Can any country even overrun a street in 3 days? Maybe you're completely noob about wars and warfares
Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by Victerica(m): 8:31am On Mar 07, 2022
pansophist:
The US always parade itself as world police and peace-keeper, but they choose to pump more weapons into Ukraine. What exactly are they hoping for? That Ukraine will defeat Russia? This is not a case of David and Goliath, but a case of a tiger and a sick dog. Ukraine will be wiped off the map if Russia choose to invade. Right now its "demilitarisation" and "denazification" Putin is after.

I don't understand the media really. How can Ukraine be winning when the Ukrainians are fighting the Russians in Ukraine not Russia? Can Nigeria be said to be winning a war with Cameroon if Cameroonian tanks are in Abuja? And Nigerians fleeing as refugees? How it is possible that Ukrainians ain't seeing how the west is playing with their destiny? Is Zelensky this stupid?

I no believe say, u follow dey reason like this
Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by ObamaMessi: 8:34am On Mar 07, 2022
naijainform:

The USA pushed them into fighting already lost war, for there selfish interest. and that interest is all the sanctions, trying to cripple Russia economy.. and make Russians revolt against putin in the coming months, they will still do same to china unless the war degenerate into ww3
Most intelligent comment I've seen on this thread so far...

1 Like

Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by Pastorsmile: 8:36am On Mar 07, 2022
Nuclear this. Nuclear that..
The nuclear weapons that haven't been tested yet!
Something that may not even work!
It's only the United States that have used theirs.
Tell me, What happens when you touch button and realized that they have been compromised?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by wink2015(m): 8:37am On Mar 07, 2022
THIS IS A PROXY WAR BETWEEN THE WESTERN COUNTRIES AND RUSSIA.

The Superpower nations of United states, Britain, Eu and Russia itself are using Ukraine as pawns for all their dirty games.

The earlier the Ukraine government realises that their true friend in the west is not really their true friend the better for their nation.

Ukraine should learn to live in peace with Russia.

Their people are suffering with daily jet bombardment.
Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by rotile247(m): 8:38am On Mar 07, 2022
Russian and Ukraine are like brothers who both grew up in the same extended family. While Russian as an elder brother was entrusted with the nukes of the family when each member decided to move away from the USSR.
Most Ukraine military training, tactics, strategy, weapons and military hardware most are from Russian with a blend from the West. Poland for example has fighter jets which they can lend to Ukraine in the shortest possible time due to proximity coupled with the fact some of this jets are Russian made.
Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by Tmberwolf1: 8:39am On Mar 07, 2022
HitSong:

Shut up with your mu. mu.
NATO can never try it unless they're ready for nuclear war and ww3. We all know that USA is not ready for that.

USA and NATO started this war in the first place.

You people should stop being irrational and unreasonable apologist to USA.
people like you sicken me! You have no agency over your thoughts, hence you swallow every nonsense propaganda that comes your way. Did the USA or NATO tell Putin to invade Ukraine? How did they start this war? Was it their tanks that invaded Ukraine, was it their missiles that came flying in?? And I hope you realize that Russia / Soviet Union were also responsible for majority of those bombings.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by FunkyAlhaji2015: 8:40am On Mar 07, 2022
Tmberwolf1:
Russia has bitten more than it can chew!
In all of this, not a single gun shot has been fired in Russia. All the fight has been happening in Ukraine, so how has Russia bitten more than they can chew?
Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by buJu234: 8:40am On Mar 07, 2022
sapientia:
They have weighed Putin and found him wanting

Infact, Putin disgraced himself militarily

Russia can overun Ukraine in an all out war no doubt

So what it means is that Putin failed in his military operations exposing his logistics downfalls and low morale

By USA calculations on Russia might, Ukraine will fall in 3 days which why they wanted to evacuate the president

But now, they have seen that Putin is all talk and no show

but do u know assuming Russia went for that by now the world (even Russia`s friends like china) would have been calling for a war crime?

even his own army will rise up against him..

don't forgive Ukrainians & Russians are brothers..

when mosquitoes bite ur eyes, u hit it with sense..

to me Putin, Ping of China etc, should know that the free world has more to offer the average man than dictatorship.. that is why the west is winning.. cos the free world has won the mind of the average man.. than the way guns & bomb has ever won..

2 Likes

Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by GUNITGuy: 8:41am On Mar 07, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
This still won't work.
All Russia needs to do is destroy all ukrainian air feed and air bases. As such ukraine will not be able to receive the jets. The only option that will be left to ukraine is to fly in from outside, maybe Poland or Romanian. However, under such circumstance Russia can assume that she is being attacked by those countries host ukrainian jet. That could amount to a declaration of war against those countries. Let's watch and see how it goes
My brother you get sense were will the plane fly when all their air defense system have been taken over by Russian Forces........Alot of people don't understand the implications of this war on Ukraine ....The Russians are going to occupy Ukraine for a very long time ......This was actually unnecessary if Ukraine simply get along with both Russia and the West ......Why is the President adamant and the outside forces stoking fire for what is not even after sanctions .....The President just need to call a truce.....
Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by GerogeI(m): 8:41am On Mar 07, 2022
Sanchez01:

Dude, it's Monday morning. The amount of nonsense heaped into this one post is alarming!

At the emboldened, Russia already invaded Ukraine.

Kyiv is the capital of Ukraine and last I checked, Kyiv is 100% in the hands of Ukraine. Zelensky, as a matter of fact is in Ukraine and so far, Russia has not captured any of Ukraine's regional cities but you created a sharp contrast using Cameroon, Nigeria and Abuja.

So 'denazification' led to Russia invading Ukraine? I'll be damned!

How is Ukraine not winning when its capital and regional cities are still in their hands and when their enemy is supposedly bigger and larger?

Inputting is not necessary. Just watch on instead of this posts which somehow sheds light in your thought process. Just stop.

Bro, news flash, about 30% of Ukraine territory is in the control of Russians. Kherson and two largest nuclear plants are in Russian control. Mariopul is expected to fall in a few days. Russian forces are moving towards Odesa. The actual resisting cities are just Kerkiv and Kiv. Russia is already outskirts of Kiv, while they are bombing Kherkiv while both are surrounded and cut-off.

Nothing is good news about this, since to me they are unnecessary deaths. Ukraine should go neutral.
Lets Stop hyping people who are dying in a conflict that we all know the outcome.
Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by bepositive11: 8:45am On Mar 07, 2022
pansophist:

The fact that Ukraine has managed to sustain themselves for so long says a lot. We can't dismiss that

1 Like

Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by bepositive11: 8:45am On Mar 07, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
I liked putin but he bleeped up invading Ukraine ,this is what happens when countries spend billions of dollars acquiring weapons without using it, there would always be a big urge to start a war someday, to test their weapons.Thats why US and the West would never allow Muslim countries to have nuclear weapons.

I dread the day that nuclear weapons fall into the hands of terrorists. I hope it never happens

1 Like

Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by Bfly: 8:46am On Mar 07, 2022
Is there no other way you can end this war than having green light to send weapons just for the war to continue. NATO major interest is to defeat Russia using ukraine. they are helpless. No treaty. Nothing nothing. Just threatening approaches. Maybe it is too Early. Some set of people just feel relevant only when war persist.
Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by Tmberwolf1: 8:49am On Mar 07, 2022
FunkyAlhaji2015:

In all of this, not a single gun shot has been fired in Russia. All the fight has been happening in Ukraine, so how has Russia bitten more than they can chew?
Not a single gunshot, yet it's their brothers, fathers and sons that are dying. Their economy is currently in the gutter, yet the invasion isn't going according to plan. The fighting might be happening in Ukraine, but make no mistake, Russia is feeling the blow back. In Russia, things are becoming worse for the citizens, it might only be a matter of time before rioting and insurrection takes place.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by Datikwerreboi(m): 8:54am On Mar 07, 2022
pansophist:

You're the stupid one sir. America lost the war in Vietnam. America Nd Russia both lost in Afghanistan. These wars were not fought in USA or Russia but the home soil of those countries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by Datikwerreboi(m): 8:57am On Mar 07, 2022
aperture11:
The Ukrainian Air force were trained on Russian made fighter jets, Poland has a lot of them.

Poland will hand over their jets to Ukraine and they will get replacements from the West.

This war is just going to be protracted and Putin will leave with a bloody nose and a junk economy to return to.

He will threaten to nuke everybody but in the end he will just be assassinated while his country begs for the sanctions to be lifted.

Russia will have fully militarized neighbors in Sweden, Finland and the other Nordic states that haven't joined NATO and neutral becoming members. Their fear is that they could be the next Ukraine.

That is the trajectory of this war. Putin played his card too early. He had control and should just have threatened, not go on a full fledged war.
You're right my man

1 Like

Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by Homiesjinxbank: 8:58am On Mar 07, 2022
Do you care to tell us the reason for this invasion of Ukraine by Russian??

aperture11:

It is called repelling the invasion, Ukraine didn't want a war, they just want to defend their land, Russia is like a bully that thought he could just beat the small guy in front of his parents, but the small guy is fighting and refusing to give in. The longer the fight goes the more ordinary the bully looks and the weaker he becomes.

This is why Russia is not winning and Ukraine is, Russia wanted it quick but it isn't happening, he underestimated the will of the Ukrainian people to fight and the end game for Russia is now bleak, very bleak. Even if they succeed in taking the cities, the fight will last longer.

Ask the US about Afghanistan, America lost that war no matter how the picture is painted. You can't defeat a people that have a strong will on their land, won't happen. History says so, na you go tire las las.
Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by Slimjim6969(m): 8:59am On Mar 07, 2022
all the jet will soon be shot down,btw Saturday and Sunday 7 Ukrainian jet were shot down so the west should keep them coming
Igbofam:

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/ukraine-russia-war-fighter-jets-antony-blinken-face-the-nation/
Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by FunkyAlhaji2015: 9:00am On Mar 07, 2022
ayindejimmy:

He should take a shot at the U.S. now.
what's he waiting for ?

The US are cowards, why didn't they supply the fighter jets to Ukraine directly. They are afraid to get involved directly. If Russia were some African country or middle easterner country now you we see them flexing muscles.
They are always afraid to confront China, North Korea and Russia directly.
Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by 24brains(m): 9:01am On Mar 07, 2022
tillaman:
Try it first
Which light una dey get since the invasion
Make them free Russia and Ukraine matter na Boyfriend and girlfriend type sh1t
na by force to friend? Abi marriage na by force ni? I as a girlfriend said You're not man enough to impregnate me and you wan kill yourself? I say i no do again and you wan commit genocidal suicide? Reason am na, e no mature.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by naija4life247: 9:03am On Mar 07, 2022
Tmberwolf1:
Russia has bitten more than it can chew!

Russia will swallow all if it can't chew it. Putin will rather help God to end the world than allow US and Europe to humiliate him. If NATO comes out to fight Russia, then the prophecy of the Bible about the world coming to an end may come to pass quicker than we expect.

Me, I don confess my sins and born again. I have called all my side chicks and told them that I have forsaken the Devil and his handiworks. Just incase we all wake up at the gate of Heaven and Hell tomorrow morning after Putin must have nuked us all overnight.

1 Like

Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by 24brains(m): 9:06am On Mar 07, 2022
Tmberwolf1:

The USA, the USA... Are you people not tired of your brainless hate? Did the USA tell Putin to invade Ukraine? The US used it's influence to win over Ukraine in peace, why couldn't Russia do the same? Is it the US fault that Russia couldn't keep up? Is it the US fault that Russia is a brutal dictatorship no one wants to be part of again? "they pushed them into fighting a lost war" so the Ukrainians should just roll over and let Russia invade? Una with slave mentality will not understand why they will rather fight and die defending their homeland, that's why you allowed your leaders ruin you beyond recognition, and still won't talk. The Russian and Chinese revolts didn't start today, you don't expect to subject people to harsh dictatorship and expect them not to riot.
sense full your head i swear. Truly, Many have heads but few have sense.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by FunkyAlhaji2015: 9:08am On Mar 07, 2022
Tmberwolf1:

Not a single gunshot, yet it's their brothers, fathers and sons that are dying. Their economy is currently in the gutter, yet the invasion isn't going according to plan. The fighting might be happening in Ukraine, but make no mistake, Russia is feeling the blow back. In Russia, things are becoming worse for the citizens, it might only be a matter of time before rioting and insurrection takes place.
Russians are in full support of Putin and his war. Forget what you see and read, the news you are getting from CNN and the rest is heavily compromised. No one is suffering in Russia. Russia major trade partner is China and they are still in business, so the US and EU sanctions won't affect them that much. The people protesting in Russia are a few minority. Putin is ruling his country for 24 years not because his people hate him or his style. He's a god in Russia
Re: Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine by sapientia(m): 9:08am On Mar 07, 2022
Ikem11:

Russia never wanted to crush Ukraine. They only wanted to put fear in them to submit. I wonder how you people think and read news.

And they have failed in that too

Simple

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Zulu King Changes Tone And Calls For End To SA Attacks On Foreigners / Ukraine: Israel PM Meets Putin In Moscow For Ukraine Talks / George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.