Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,235 members, 7,780,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:35 PM

Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? (21656 Views)

Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? / Should I Abort This Pregnancy Or Leave It? / Police Officer Snatches Another Man’s Wife, Detains Son For Challenging Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by omostar: 11:32am On Mar 13, 2022
lilioj:

Seriously shocked I can't imagine being in labour for hours, then later start pushing for more!!!
Honestly, it's brutal. Have personally witnessed one like that. She was small and the baby was a bit big for her size. Even she had to be given double episiotomy
Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by FireUpNow(m): 11:33am On Mar 13, 2022
All are challenging

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by ahnie: 11:33am On Mar 13, 2022
Nursing of cause,the sleepless nights,nights when the child has discomfort,days of illnesses teething and the rest,and boy....the maddest of them all is the area of controlling them.
Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by YelloweWest: 11:34am On Mar 13, 2022
I've had 7 children, although pregnancy is tough, it's nothing compared to nursing a baby. Especially if the baby has colic (gas pain)

It's sleepless nights for 7- 9 months.
It's feeding every 3hrs.
It's Bathing, diaper changes

Onto of that a woman is expected to do house chores and contribute financially

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by frozen70(f): 11:34am On Mar 13, 2022
Newborn27:

If you sleep immediately after the baby slept, how would the home chores be done?

When the baby Wakes up you feed the baby by the time the baby is having after meal rest, you do the little you can do and sleep time you join the baby

I can't kill myself

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by Emperordynasty: 11:36am On Mar 13, 2022
ukaface:
does the excruciating pain span for 9months?

What are you saying sef?
Don't mind the troll I don't know which excruciating pain he is talking about, we men don't even know when sperm is produced talk less of feeling pain in the process...

Respect to all women....
You people have to put up with a
Monthly menstraution
A need to be more hygenic due to your body make up
Pregnancy
Labour.
Nursing and breastfeeding and a host of others that I don't know cuz you guys are the ones experiencing it..

We men have our own issues but on this note I will say una dey try abeg

Respect to all the women out there

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by wiseone28: 11:37am On Mar 13, 2022
If a lady is the type that experience menstrual pains..

What happens if she gets pregnant and eventually born will it be smooth?

Will the menstrual pains go away after first delivery?

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by RoyalBoutique(m): 11:38am On Mar 13, 2022
Nursing of baby!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by directoroluwole: 11:40am On Mar 13, 2022
annyplenty:
Mothers, which one do you actually consider more tasking and challenging; Pregnancy or Nursing of babiy, especially immediately after delivery?

I pray that God bless those couples that are waiting on Him for children with their own children and help mothers to nurse their children in Jesus name.

Share for Pregnancy
Like for Nursing

I make Videos of places around Nigeria, you might like my channel, kindly subscribe with the link and enjoy my contents

https://youtube.com/channel/UCbo2qN_3FCajGNXru2t0R3w
Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by Newborn27(f): 11:40am On Mar 13, 2022
frozen70:

When the baby Wakes up you feed the baby by the time the baby is having after meal rest, you do the little you can do and sleep time you join the baby

I can't kill myself

Lol
Nursing is very challenging and tasky especially if you are a career mom without relatives around to help.

May God see all mothers through and make us eat the fruit of our labour over these kids in Jesus name.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by Newborn27(f): 11:44am On Mar 13, 2022
omostar:

With the baby at my back. I as well do as much as I can do of chores especially during those initial weeks following delivery. After my horrible sleep deprivation experience with my first, I made a policy of sleeping as soon as the baby sleeps and this helps tremendously with sleep deprivation and post partum depression, which to me, is more important than getting all the chores done.

Once the baby get used to sleeping on your back, you'd start all over again when you resume work and he/she is in creche.

Nursing is tasky.
Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by Bahamas95(m): 11:46am On Mar 13, 2022
I am not a woman but what I have noticed among women is that nursing a baby is more stressful to them.

My wife won't have problem with nursing our baby because I will surely assist her whenever I am at home. I love babies alot, I prefer to stay a whole day playing with a baby instead of an annoying adult...... Babies are cute mehn!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by Aforxzy(f): 11:47am On Mar 13, 2022
Nursing a baby is more challenging and stressfull especially if you don't have help.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by ukaface(f): 11:49am On Mar 13, 2022
Emperordynasty:

Don't mind the troll I don't know which excruciating pain he is talking about, we men don't even know when sperm is produced talk less of feeling pain in the process...

Respect to all women....
You people have to put up with a
Monthly menstraution
A need to be more hygenic due to your body make up
Pregnancy
Labour.
Nursing and breastfeeding and a host of others that I don't know cuz you guys are the ones experiencing it..

We men have our own issues but on this note I will say una dey try abeg

Respect to all the women out there
Thank you .

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by empressSkincare(f): 11:51am On Mar 13, 2022
All
Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 13, 2022
derecho:

Take am easy na....some don't even push for more than 5mins.That doesn't detract from the pain of labour.But God has also given women that special hormone to endure the pain.So when some women come and say do you think it's easy to menstruate, carry pregnancy and birth babies; I find it misplaced.

Just say you haven’t heard of or seen women go into labor for an hour or more

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by SugarGirl44(f): 11:54am On Mar 13, 2022
Nursing a baby is a lot more challenging than pregnancy.
Pregnancy is just you taking care of yourself and it gets easier after the third month, then it comes to an end by the ninth month.
But nursing a baby is a never ending task.
It drains you, especially for women abroad that don't have people around to help. Post partum depression is very serious.
And the job is not fully completed until the child turns eighteen, even by then you still continue to worry about the child.
So I'll choose pregnancy over and over again, esp cos of the special treatment everybody gives a pregnant woman, apart from that loser chigisomething that killed his wife tho.
Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by Tribalism123(m): 11:54am On Mar 13, 2022
Storing sperm over the years is more painful that the 2.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by Yoppynwa: 11:54am On Mar 13, 2022
Nursing a baby is more challenging.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by IamGreen1(f): 11:55am On Mar 13, 2022
Beremx:
Kriss216, what do you know about sperm production? You are becoming an offensive nuisance with this your alternative moniker. In trying to spite women, you sound very stupid. May sense locate you in Jesus name

To the topic, pregnancy comes with a lot of challenges because there are medical issues that are associated with pregnancy. Nursing a child is less challenging because people are always there to help you out

@bolded, indeed. Where will you see someone to help you out if not paid nanny. How many have you helped out in nursing their babies? Nigeria current situation doesn't allow anyone to leave their source of income to be with one new mother to be nursing newborn not even our grandmother's especially if it's not a first time mother.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 13, 2022
Nursing a baby is more challenging please, even if you aren’t the mother of the baby you will also feel the heat cry cry

If you visit a new nursing mother and she’s related to you, just know you are in trouble because you will do midnight shift for days. Imagine now being the nursing mother.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by Jesubaby: 12:01pm On Mar 13, 2022
Iyaebe:
I'll prefer pregnancy because I can't do all those wahala of taking care of babies, anyways I'll employ many nannies and I'll only breastfeed while they take care of the rest.Taking care of newborns is part of the reasons I'm scared of marriage,its really draining.
which means you haven't experienced any, so lets hear from the experienced mothers. Sesei!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by TheWolfen(m): 12:02pm On Mar 13, 2022
Nursing a baby is more challenging. Nah everybody go hear am. Chai. What a dreadful time cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by tonididdy(m): 12:03pm On Mar 13, 2022
I think the nursing part is more stressful for both parents not just the mother.
Esp the first 3 months.
It's vigilante duty all night.
But from the 4th month, the baby sleep pattern starts getting normal.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by Khaysee: 12:06pm On Mar 13, 2022
Both is challenging
Buy Turkey shirt for 4k payment on delivery within lagos all types of men clothing available

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by MVLOX(m): 12:08pm On Mar 13, 2022
I am a young father with 2 Sons and I can categorically say it's the nursing process that's the hardest... All hands must be on deck.....

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by We4all: 12:10pm On Mar 13, 2022
Zonefree:
None!

Sperm production is more challenging than these two.

Women don't understand the excruciating pains men go through during sperm production, maybe cos men hardly complain.

Na who send you? It’s excruciating yet you still crave for sex.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by Bahamas95(m): 12:11pm On Mar 13, 2022
Tribalism123:
Storing sperm over the years is more painful that the 2.
Painful ke? It's obvious your comment was meant to be a joke.

Do you know what women go through during pregnancy, labour, nursing and even menstruation? I pity my girlfriend whenever her flow starts because at times it starts with feverish feelings.......In my next life I still wanna come as a man. Na dat menstruation tire me pass for women body, I can't imagine myself welcoming that unwanted visitor every month.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by Tribalism123(m): 12:13pm On Mar 13, 2022
Bahamas95:
Painful ke? It's obvious your comment was meant to be a joke.

Do you know what women go through during pregnancy, labour, nursing and even menstruation? I pity my girlfriend whenever her flow starts because at times it starts with feverish feelings.......In my next life I still wanna come as a man. Na dat menstruation tire me pass for women body, I can't imagine myself welcoming that unwanted visitor every month.

Do u know what men go through carrying sperm alone?

Is a pity u guys think we like storage of sperm.
Maybe u feel excited when the heat period comes to u. Me I feel pain.
Re: Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? by saphiere(f): 12:18pm On Mar 13, 2022
annyplenty:
Mothers, which one do you actually consider more tasking and challenging; Pregnancy or Nursing of babiy, especially immediately after delivery?

I pray that God bless those couples that are waiting on Him for children with their own children and help mothers to nurse their children in Jesus name.

Share for Pregnancy
Like for Nursing
Being a female is the most challenging thing ever.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

All The Drama That Happens When Your Parents Are Arguing / Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) / The Roles Of A Father!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.