Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,776 members, 7,798,592 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) (5573 Views)

How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) / Afghan Girls Stage Protest, Demand Taliban Reopen Schools (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Pencils Used In American Schools (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by qekng40(f): 7:10am On Mar 08, 2022
Please don't compare this to what Nigerian schools offer, please!
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by nkwuge: 8:21am On Mar 08, 2022
It is well.
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by stamapro(m): 9:31am On Mar 08, 2022
That's the difference between an organized society and an unorganized one. Where everything works. Even though the organized societies have their own peculiar challenges, the have gone past the stage of providing basic amenities which are still a big deal in these part of the globe. Here it is celebration to have steady supply of power for just a day, portable drinking water is a myth, etc
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 08, 2022
Brazil tax to gdp ratio 33.1%

Nigerian tax to gdp ratio 8%

Brazil : Diversified economy( also one of the world's largest agric producers, and mechanized agric dey)

Nigeria: Oil dependent economy.

Brazil can afford this

Nigeria cannot, unless we improve our tax collection, and DIVERSIFY our economy, and mechanize our agriculture.
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 08, 2022
budaatum:
I have a friend who tells me they were served a quarter chicken for Sunday lunch at Lagos Baptist Academy in the late 60s, and another who tells me Sunday lunch was insect riven beans in the early 70s.

By the late 80s, school was free and Sunday lunch was abolished along with boarding school, I'm told.

I daresay that the fees were not increased to meet up with increasing populaiton...plus...free school means no money to pay for Sunday lunch and boarding school.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 08, 2022
stamapro:
That's the difference between an organized society and an unorganized one. Where everything works. Even though the organized societies have their own peculiar challenges, the have gone past the stage of providing basic amenities which are still a big deal in these part of the globe. Here it is celebration to have steady supply of power for just a day, portable drinking water is a myth, etc

Brazil is not an 'organised society'...infact, the slums in certain towns are like Nigerian slum cities, and yes, police extrajudicial killings happen.

What Brazil has that Nigeria does not have is

1.Higher income from taxation...more Brazilians pay taxes compared to Nigerians.

2.Diversified economy, with a lot of mechanized agriculture.

At the end , they have more money to pay for good school lunches.
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 08, 2022
Maxymilliano:
We have it better here undecided

If you want better things here, then vote out APC and vote a leader who will raise our GDP per capita, our tax to GDP ratio and diversify our economy.

Not a leader who would ensure the 'sharing formula is far'.
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by Higgies(m): 11:24am On Mar 08, 2022
Yeah.
Exactly the kind Sowore is bringing to the system.
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by flokii: 11:43am On Mar 08, 2022
That's how an ideal society should function.. not like the corruption-ridden country Nigeria filled with hypocrites, fanatics and terrorists.
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by snowball11(m): 12:01pm On Mar 08, 2022
Maxymilliano:
We have it better here undecided

Just imagine the show of shame in that pic! undecided
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2022
backbencher:

Brazil : Diversified economy( also one of the world's largest agric producers, and mechanized agric dey)

Brazil can afford this

Nigeria cannot, unless we improve our tax collection, and DIVERSIFY our economy, and mechanize our agriculture.

Don't you get tired of saying the same thing over and over again, you are here again with this tax bla bla bla, what did you do with the tax that the people have been paying?
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 08, 2022
backbencher:

Brazil is not an 'organised society'...infact, the slums in certain towns are like Nigerian slum cities, and yes, police extrajudicial killings happen.

What Brazil has that Nigeria does not have is

1.Higher income from taxation...more Brazilians pay taxes compared to Nigerians.

2.Diversified economy, with a lot of mechanized agriculture.

At the end , they have more money to pay for good school lunches.

Stop watching CNN, let me educate you, Brazil is the largest economy in South America and a regional super power and number 12 economy in the world, is there no slums or police killings in America? Police fight drug dealers and sometimes innocent people are caught up and this only happens in the favela
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 08, 2022
Axis313:

Me,I also see dodo(fried plantain) there in the first picture.

cheesy
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 08, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

Stop watching CNN, let me educate you, Brazil is the largest economy in South America and a regional super power and number 12 economy in the world, is there no slums or police killings in America? Police fight drug dealers and sometimes innocent people are caught up and this only happens in the favela

So, what have I said? We are saying the same thing.

Nigeria needs to do hard work to surpass Brazil level, then we can talk.

Good afternoon.
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by excanny: 2:44pm On Mar 08, 2022
Hey. Man! Can you show some bad stuffs about Brazil and things Nigeria does better than Brazil?
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by BennyDGreat: 3:10pm On Mar 08, 2022
backbencher:

Brazil can afford this

Tax collection is an issue in Nigeria but diversification is more paramount. When non-oil export increases, tax will improve considerably
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 08, 2022
BennyDGreat:

Tax collection is an issue in Nigeria but diversification is more paramount. When non-oil export increases, tax will improve considerably

Amen to that.
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by Kwara1stson: 3:14pm On Mar 08, 2022
Boss469:

Nigeria is a country that the past years are better than the present.
and future
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by budaatum: 3:21pm On Mar 08, 2022
backbencher:

I daresay that the fees were not increased to meet up with increasing populaiton...plus...free school means no money to pay for Sunday lunch and boarding school.
Fees were abolished in the region formerly known as Western, and there was no money to pay teachers even, so they resorted to Corpers who have no knowledge nor experience of teaching, and out entire education has gone downhill ever since.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
BennyDGreat:

Tax collection is not an issue in Nigeria,using the tax for the people is the problem

The okada rides and his drivers pay tax everyday, now tell me what have they used it for?

We even have double taxation in Nigeria
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by BennyDGreat: 5:34pm On Mar 08, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

Tax collection is not an issue in Nigeria,using the tax for the people is the problem

The okada rides and his drivers pay tax everyday, now tell me what have they used it for?

You made a good point on double/ multiple taxation which is sub-problem of the many tax collection problems Nigeria has.

Many people still do not pay tax or underpay(another problem) of tax collection

Just like you said, how judicious are these taxes used(sub-main issue)

How do we diversify economy at such a time as this to increase earnings as a nation?(main issue)
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by BennyDGreat: 5:36pm On Mar 08, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

You made a good point on double/ multiple taxation which is sub-problem of the many tax collection problems Nigeria has.

However, many people still do not pay tax or massively underpay(another problem) of tax collection

Just like you said, how judicious are these taxes used(sub-main issue) in the nation

How do we diversify economy at such a time as this to increase earnings as a nation?(main issue)
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 08, 2022
BennyDGreat:

However, many people still do not pay tax or massively underpay(another problem) of tax collection

Just like you said, how judicious are these taxes used(sub-main issue) in the nation

They won't diversify because the oil money is still pumping in
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by zanshi: 6:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
I have always been of the opinon that Nigerian food is too boring

Everytime swallow swallow

No wonder half of the pop has pot belly and diabetes.
Re: Look At The Lunch For Kids In Brazilians Schools(photos) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
zanshi:
I have always been of the opinon that Nigerian food is too boring

Everytime swallow swallow

No wonder half of the pop has pot belly and diabetes.

Lol, but I still love my fufu grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

He Died Because He Snapped This Photo / Top 10 Highest JAMB SCORES 2023 / If U Ar In Lagos Nd U Re Going 4 Fuoye Exams, Enta Lets Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.