Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

My Visit To Kenya. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To Kenya. (5967 Views)

Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri / My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Visit To Kenya. by Onlinefarmstore: 7:53pm On Mar 07, 2022
Hello folks it been a while I posted. So I will be updating you on my visit to the Republic Of Kenya.

Note it still an ongoing journey and you could follow up on my Instagram page via this link

[url]https://instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal [/url]

Sometimes in April I got an opportunity to apply for an agricultural training in Kenya (fully funded), at first I was hesitant but later I applied, and out of five persons needed in Nigeria we were amongst the only three to be selected.

The journey began.

I was issued my invitation letter for visa, asked for my COVID test signed a COVID undertaking etc.

Note: Kenya visa process is seamless as I applied for visa on Saturday morning, got it by Monday by eight am, all done online.

I used a sign entry visa which cost about fifty one usd (you can do your visa application your self)

After been issued my Evisa the NGO confirmed my flight but I couldn’t get direct to Nirobi, so had to fly through Ethiopia.

7 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Onlinefarmstore: 8:04pm On Mar 07, 2022
How I left Nigeria.

Truth be told, Nigeria isn’t working corruption etc

Note: get the following before coming to the airport or you will cry tears.
Yellow fever card (did mine for nine thousand)
Complete vaccine
Contact tracing form for Kenya
Passport
COVID negative test result (at least ten hours before departure)
A blue nose mask
At least one thousand dollars

And least I forget your boldness (as be bold and stubborn with your papers complete).

Lastly be smart! Observe well.

4 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Onlinefarmstore: 8:11pm On Mar 07, 2022
Sixth of March.

After booking my flight with Arik two days before to Lagos they disappointed me four hours to my flight by concealing the flight I had to book using another airline because by flight was for the sevenths of March

Arrived Lagos by four pm with no much activities

5 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Sambai65(m): 8:33pm On Mar 07, 2022
Following
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Mabizeka: 8:56pm On Mar 07, 2022
Nice. waiting for more
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Starzo: 8:58pm On Mar 07, 2022
mugu...if Kenya was very good then why are their girls slaving in Arabic countries??

You Nigerians just love embarrassing yourselves everywhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Lastpharoah33: 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:
How I left Nigeria.

Complete vaccine
Contact tracing form for Kenya
Passport
COVID negative test result (at least ten hours before departure)
A blue nose mask
At least one thousand dollars

And least I forget your boldness (as be bold and stubborn with your papers complete).

Lastly be smart! Observe well.

Am a bit lost.
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by aieromon(m): 9:43pm On Mar 07, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:
How I left Nigeria.

Wonderful.

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by KJtemi: 9:55pm On Mar 07, 2022
Starzo:
mugu...if Kenya was very good then why are their girls slaving in Arabic countries??

for real mehn you're spitting the truth

I don't see a difference in moving from here to there
If he had business or some personal reason it's different but moving greener pasture or to hustle is some o'le bullshit

Next thing we know,Kenyan's start shouting kick Nigerians out thereby bringing embarrassment to the country

Wish him the best though
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Starzo: 9:59pm On Mar 07, 2022
KJtemi:
for real mehn you're spitting the truth

I don't see a difference in moving from here to there
If he had business or some personal reason it's different but moving greener pasture or to hustle is some o'le bullshit

Next thing we know,Kenya's start shouting kick Nigerians out thereby bringing embarrassment to the country

Wish him the best though
it's not like the Kenya even has anything for it's own citizens.

Naija boys flooding there are going to do Yahoo.

Later those dirty Kenyans will start insulting us cuz of them.
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Onlinefarmstore: 12:59am On Mar 08, 2022
Seventh.

My flight was scheduled for one forty pm on this day.

By nine am I was at the airport because I was traveling with a virgin passport and hence needed to be there on time (you know the drill).

Departing gate was e63 and I was traveling light.

Need to say I was transiting from Nigeria to Addis Ababa then to Nairobi then another flight in the morning to Malindi, then my final bus stop will be at Kilifi all in Kenya.

Got to West Point security point in Ikeja airport (international) for the guy to sign on my passport he started to rant etc that he needs a copy of my data page etc that he needs that long story cut short, - I shouted at him that why is he stressing me that if he needs a copy that he should make one that I don’t have tile for stress! People start to shout for my guy ooo omó na him he sign am.

From West Point I went to eat to replenish my energy (no forget if you loose guard), them go chop you for Lagos!

After eating got to immigration another thieves, they started - instead of the guy to stamp it (remember it’s a virgin passport) guy started to say I should meet someone down up etc, omó I change an follow am bring out my phone, started to say that I was doing business trip that I needed bat etc. Long story short I didn’t pay, dime only 2k I gave each of the friendly guys that is one k each.

Got to drugs, (ndlea) the guys was like what is a young boy going to do in Kenya all alone, I replied training he wan talk I said let me call German Govt. because NGO na german own, he look me bad eye tell me make I go, was observing him closely to see if he will put anything in my bag, nothing

Got to some ladies searching that wan want to they bring leg of my son, I follow an woto porously mama coordinated once, sha dash 5h.

Was about to board Nigga go touch my manhood with scanner I laughed and corrected him and worked away.

Finally boarding started at exactly twelve thirty, and we we left Nigeria exactly one forty pm for a five hours trip to Addis Ababa

8 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Onlinefarmstore: 1:02am On Mar 08, 2022
In side plane.

We passed through Nigeria, Cameron, Dr Congo, South Sudan, Then Ethiopia

We where served food drinks etc I will show you the pics including the one I took inside their toilet

8 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by TheMan3: 4:31am On Mar 08, 2022
Starzo:

what is wrong with you really Why such hate? The guy is sharing his personal experience he didn't say you should go, he is not also begging you to go.

16 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Starzo: 7:54am On Mar 08, 2022
TheMan3:
what is wrong with you really Why such hate? The guy is sharing his personal experience be didn't day you should go, he is not also begging you to go.
Do you understand the meaning of the word 'hate'?. You're also a dunce like him.
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by TheMan3: 8:03am On Mar 08, 2022
Starzo:

Do you understand the meaning of the word 'hate'?. You're also a dunce like him.
i don't blame you. It's ignorance and lack of education I blame.

Op please continue. We are waiting for more update. I have actually visited Kenya several times. Lovely place cool weather (very nice) and good food too. They have nice safari in the middle of Nairobi, very nice restaurant like carnivour etc. Nairobi a city of a thousand malls lol literally.

I think there are lots of business opportunities there too

10 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Starzo: 8:07am On Mar 08, 2022
TheMan3:
i don't blame you. It's ignorance and lack of education I blame
for someone that those not know the meaning of a simple word like hate, you sure have alot to say.
I've got no time for nitwits.
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Floki737: 8:59am On Mar 08, 2022
OP, where are you?
Come and continue ohhhhhh.

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by okeysoninv: 9:54am On Mar 08, 2022
Bro onlinefarmstore when are you going next trip I want to join.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Onlinefarmstore: 3:19pm On Mar 08, 2022
After 5hrs flight from Lagos we landed Addis Ababa Ethiopia by eight thirty pm local time (note: east Africa is 2hrs ahead of Nigeria)

So I had to join my connecting flight from Addis to Nairobi which is a two hour flight.

6 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Onlinefarmstore: 3:32pm On Mar 08, 2022
The flight from Addis to Nairobi wasn’t even full only that I didn’t eat the food the served as it rubbish.

Lease I forget I bought capacino and burger for eight hundred birr that is sixteen dollar in Ethiopia (there economy is better than our own by far).

On landing in Kenya, that was where my troubles (slightly started).

After normal deboarding the first issues we had was yellow card no showing on their system.

This is it, when entering Kenya, you need a pcr test of not less than forty eight hours, a contact tracing QR code passport visa etc of which all will be scanned and must display on their system, when it was my yellow card turn to be scanned, men! God e no show!!

And it seems they where majorly targeting Nigerian, if your own show you can go, if e no show then you remain there, men they said one forty dollars, I refused told them I will sue there country to AU court copy there immigration boss etc and everyone including Nigeria, told them I wanted to call the ambassador etc lass na ten dollars them collect allow.

Got to immigration again the lady started saying what am I doing in Kenya etc, told her ngo brought us for training etc, that where we are going the woman said it a lie that I came to sell drugs and Nigerian are too smart that we have spoilt our names and that she will try allow me pass that our IV letter is fake!

Omó I change an follow am and the police people once say they are stereotyping me etc ask them to check the visa etc, they said I should bribe them etc told them I will sue them for bribe

Button line don’t use Nigerian passport

After everything and they stamped it, after making mistakes that it was someone else

Had to sleep in the airport because I had a flight to catch by Seven am to Malindi in Kenya again, my final destination was Kilifi in coast

9 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Onlinefarmstore: 3:39pm On Mar 08, 2022
So this is the pic of my dollar food in Ethiopia and other pictures of my me in Nirobi etc

And me boarding my Jombojet to Malindi

4 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Decimus: 5:33pm On Mar 08, 2022
You bought coffee and burger for the equivalent of almost N7k then suddenly concluded that Kenya's economy is better than Nigeria's.

6 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by okeysoninv: 12:05am On Mar 09, 2022
Decimus:
You bought coffee and burger for the equivalent of almost N7k then suddenly concluded that Kenya's economy is better than Nigeria's.
do you know what your saying? Kenya shilling is far better than naira. Nairobi is far better than Abuja and Lagos combined.
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Bifwoli: 1:14am On Mar 09, 2022
Starzo:

Aren't your oloshos slaving in Spain and Italy ? Case of pot calling the kettle black.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Onlinefarmstore: 4:23am On Mar 09, 2022
Decimus:

What you are calling seven k is eight hundred birr and let say one k shillings leave Nigeria and focus
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Starzo: 9:11am On Mar 09, 2022
Bifwoli:
Aren't your oloshos slaving in Spain and Italy ? Case of pot calling the kettle black.

Off point
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Starzo: 9:19am On Mar 09, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:
The flight from Addis to Nairobi wasn’t even full only that I didn’t eat the food the served as it rubbish.

Lease I forget I bought capacino and burger for eight hundred birr that is sixteen dollar in Ethiopia (there economy is better than our own by far).

On landing in Kenya, that was where my troubles (slightly started).

After normal deboarding the first issues we had was yellow card no showing on their system.

This is it, when entering Kenya, you need a pcr test of not less than forty eight hours, a contact tracing QR code passport visa etc of which all will be scanned and must display on their system, when it was my yellow card turn to be scanned, men! God e no show!!

And it seems they where majorly targeting Nigerian, if your own show you can go, if e no show then you remain there, men they said one forty dollars, I refused told them I will sue there country to AU court copy there immigration boss etc and everyone including Nigeria, told them I wanted to call the ambassador etc lass na ten dollars them collect allow.

Got to immigration again the lady started saying what am I doing in Kenya etc, told her ngo brought us for training etc, that where we are going the woman said it a lie that I came to sell drugs and Nigerian are too smart that we have spoilt our names and that she will try allow me pass that our IV letter is fake!

Omó I change an follow am and the police people once say they are stereotyping me etc ask them to check the visa etc, they said I should bribe them etc told them I will sue them for bribe

Button line don’t use Nigerian passport

After everything and they stamped it, after making mistakes that it was someone else

Had to sleep in the airport because I had a flight to catch by Seven am to Malindi in Kenya again, my final destination was Kilifi in coast
you're a dunce. Quality of life in Ethiopia is worse than Nigeria by far. Once you mugus notice that a country's currency has better value than naira you automatically conclude that things are better over there. It's actually a very foolish conclusion.
That's why you keep running to useless and dirty India just cause their currency is higher.

This entire thread reeks of self denigration and inferiority complete.

You people just love disgracing yourselves everywhere

4 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Starzo: 9:24am On Mar 09, 2022
okeysoninv:
do you know what your saying? Kenya shilling is far better than naira. Nairobi is far better than Abuja and Lagos combined.
so once a countries currency has higher value it automatically means the quality of life is better in that country??...many of you are so foolish and that's why we are where we are as a nation.

What's the average salary of Kenyan workers.

Pls tell me what jobs are available in Nairobi(Kenya) for Kenyan citizens,how much they pay,the cost of living in the city, then tell me how the quality of life is better of there.

Once you people see higher currency Value, you foolishly conclude that things are better without factoring in the cost of living.

Una mumu nor go ever do

6 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by okeysoninv: 10:48am On Mar 09, 2022
Starzo:

so once a countries currency has higher value it automatically means the quality of life is better in that country??...many of you are so foolish and that's why we are where we are as a nation.

Pls tell me what jobs are available in Nairobi(Kenya) for Kenyan citizens,how much they pay,the cost of living in the city, then tell me how the quality of life is better of there.

Once you people see higher currency Value, you foolishly conclude that things are better without factoring in the cost of living.

Una mumu nor go ever do
the. World capital of poverty is Nigeria. Kenya have higher minimum wage than Nigeria. Kenya is far better than Nigeria. Na u no wan learn . Park one side joor
Re: My Visit To Kenya. by TheMan3: 12:01pm On Mar 09, 2022
Starzo:

Una mumu nor go ever do
have you ever been to Nairobi? If the answer is no, please shut the f up

8 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Decimus: 12:39pm On Mar 09, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:

What you are calling seven k is eight hundred birr and let say one k shillings leave Nigeria and focus
I don't even think you understand yourself.
Is this your first time of traveling outside Nigeria?
If we are to go by your logic then we can say Nigeria economy is better than that of South Korea because 1 won is equivalent to 0.3 naira.
What's Kenya GDP?
If you look it up, Nigeria GDP is x4 higher.
The only problem here is corruption, don't ever compare Kenya Economy to Nigeria again

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kenya. by Decimus: 12:41pm On Mar 09, 2022
okeysoninv:
the. World capital of poverty is Nigeria. Kenya have higher minimum wage than Nigeria. Kenya is far better than Nigeria. Na u no wan learn . Park one side joor
Don't just write essays, back it up with figures and references.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Long Will It Take To Get Her Green Card? URGENT!! / Do Any One Know How Much Is The Ticket From Canada To Nigeria? / A Little Time In Angola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.