Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company (21549 Views)

Planning To Resign From Current Job / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me / Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by Klass99(f): 3:36pm On Mar 08, 2022
cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by Osebanjo(m): 3:39pm On Mar 08, 2022
rickpat:
They act that way because they're are going to miss controlling you... narcissist hate when you want to get out of their Claws of control and manipulation...that's the reason
So true. They hate seeing people off their claws. Its ridiculous. Its more like they are losing total control of their surrounding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by Kajaard: 3:39pm On Mar 08, 2022
irunoko:

Another issue I noticed is that he started changing towards me when he approached me to be selling gnld products for him and I turned down his request.since then I noticed he has been resenting me but now I'm tired and had enough of all the rubbish.

I switched off when I read he wanted you to be selling GNLD products for him. It’s a good thing you resigned. You will get a better job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by kapelvej: 3:42pm On Mar 08, 2022
fnep2smooth:
Maybe they have invest in you, or you have known too much and letting you go will be a big blow to them. Some train their staff and they sign a contract not to leave for some years just to gain what they have invest on you.
Oga you nor understand the issue at stack. Narcissists do not invest in any body. They are always about themselves. They do not care about anyone, even if they happen to ,the bigger picture is always themselves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by Ladycewhy(f): 3:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
If you continue to ask why regarding traits narcissists possess you will loose your sanity.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by wealthtrak: 3:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
irunoko:
I am sorry I won't be able to go into details because I am not a fan of typing for a very long time but I notice that when you choose to resign from a particular company because you've had enough of the boss's bullshi** and intrusive and controlling behaviour,why do they go into an outburst as if you have offended them because you say you want to resign and then later try to manipulate and gaslight you? Why do they get offended for choosing to resign?
Irun oko [penis pubic hair]. Lol.

You've already answered your question!

Narcissism = Anger

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by josite: 3:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
Resign in accordance with your employment contract and go your way.wgen he was feeding you he wasn't a narcissist.
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by digitite: 3:44pm On Mar 08, 2022
They think they can do no wrong. And if you continue with them, it will affect your mental health.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by DroppingLiquid: 3:44pm On Mar 08, 2022
irunoko:
I am sorry I won't be able to go into details because I am not a fan of typing for a very long time but I notice that when you choose to resign from a particular company because you've had enough of the boss's bullshi** and intrusive and controlling behaviour,why do they go into an outburst as if you have offended them because you say you want to resign and then later try to manipulate and gaslight you? Why do they get offended for choosing to resign?

You caring about their anger validates them. You should laugh and spit on the ground next time.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by Erniemax101: 3:47pm On Mar 08, 2022
irunoko:

It is called narcissist rage, they hate it when they loose the ability to control you. I have noticed that most Nigerians don’t know about narcissists and how they can mess up your self confidence and mental health

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by investigator007: 3:51pm On Mar 08, 2022
Because they know your value and don't want to lose you yet are not willing to appreciate you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by Madeu(m): 3:52pm On Mar 08, 2022
Abandonment syndrome

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by hermesprogidy(m): 3:54pm On Mar 08, 2022
investigator007:
Because they know your value and don't want to lose you yet are not willing to appreciate you.
Spot on!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by Chukkyunited(m): 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2022
They are everywhere bro! When I was about to quit mine then, he called me and told me I do be the 3rd person to resign under his reign of just over a year. He was really a sadistic beast for sure

1 Like

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by ademolasodiq(m): 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2022
If you were allowed to let-go easily, it means you're of no/low value. Period.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by Rubyjade: 3:58pm On Mar 08, 2022
They didn't use you enough

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by wealthtrak: 3:59pm On Mar 08, 2022
irunoko:
wow.thanks for the information.but I want to ask if I need to go back to his office to tender my corrected resignation letter,I hope it'll be drama free because I hate going to his office.i spoke with my father about it when I told him I wanted to resign and I told him the reasons and surprisingly my father Said when you submit the corrected version of the letter, he's likely to get manipulative and be trying to form fake friendliness or he might get more angry seeing his ego has been bruised but either ways I should not fall for any of his devices but In all honesty I'm really uncomfortable and perturbed
Okay, did you give him sufficient
notice before resigning?

He needs time to replace you, but that is no reason to manipulate any employee who wants to leave.
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by KazikageSama: 4:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
You called someone narcissist and then ask why they behave like narcissists grin

Ofcourse, Narcissism is their answer now.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by nikz(f): 4:06pm On Mar 08, 2022
irunoko:
wow.thanks for the information.but I want to ask if I need to go back to his office to tender my corrected resignation letter,I hope it'll be drama free because I hate going to his office.i spoke with my father about it when I told him I wanted to resign and I told him the reasons and surprisingly my father Said when you submit the corrected version of the letter, he's likely to get manipulative and be trying to form fake friendliness or he might get more angry seeing his ego has been bruised but either ways I should not fall for any of his devices but In all honesty I'm really
uncomfortable and perturbed

Even if he gets manipulative humbly drop the letter and walk away. That was how my boss tried talking me back into working with her I dropped my letter Jejely and walked away I don't have time for rubbish. If he succeeds in talking you back into the job guy kpele you will see pepper. God will give you a better job jare. There are still nice bosses out there

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by funmise007(m): 4:07pm On Mar 08, 2022
irunoko:
well,I worked with him for two years and I discovered he is very exploitative, manipulative and a user.for example,he wants us to get a particular job done/type some documents but when the secretary complains that paper or ink in the printer has been exhausted,he will get dismissive, covertly aggressive and tells her to find a way to print it like that.when OTHERS discovered he's a narcissist they became sychophatic and decided to lick his ass in his presence while gossiping about him in his absence.on some occasions he has sweet talked and manipulated me into adding my money to buy A4 papers when the money he released wasn't enough.the worst part of it is that he is so entitled, shows no appreciation and has complete disregard for our feelings.he only gets friendly when he needs a favour from his surbodinates or wants them to get things done for him at little or no cost

Another issue I noticed is that he started changing towards me when he approached me to be selling gnld products for him and I turned down his request.since then I noticed he has been resenting me but now I'm tired and had enough of all the rubbish.
hey yah pele this is so much like my boss and he fumbles too much..I don type my resignation letter from the system assigned to me sef buh I wan secure one place b4 I break him heart finally.the last time I got so passed off and stayed at home for three days for saying shit to my face he call me I said I will resume and didn't then he send everyone at office to be calling me b4 I just decide to later show up..yet I know I go shock the fool that thinks he's always smart.
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 08, 2022
Nigeria Is a Toxic Environment filled with Sadistic Humans. So all these na Just story.....
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by HilcomTech(m): 4:15pm On Mar 08, 2022
fnep2smooth:
Maybe they have invest in you, or you have known too much and letting you go will be a big blow to them. Some train their staff and they sign a contract not to leave for some years just to gain what they have invest on you.

Whatever contract you signed becomes invalid once there is proof that you are maltreating your staff.
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by ManOfSon: 4:17pm On Mar 08, 2022
irunoko:
really?

Was he expecting that I will work with him for life and not move on to better prospects? Again I thought when a staff is leaving you should get friendly with him instead of barking out in anger.for example,when I tendered my resignation letter to him.i expected him to be happy for me and wish me well but he went into a tirade asking me why I didn't Tell him since morning and why i Told him I want to quit immediately after the meeting.i told him that I wanted everyone to leave so I can discuss with him privately and he said angrily that if I had told him since morning he will have delegated my job to other people instead of now looking and thinking of who will do the job ( in my mind I was like shoo? Na only me Sabi do the work? If I say I no Wan do am again are there not other colleagues who can do the work or are there not others outside looking for job that can do the work) I was expecting a friendly and tense-free communication with him but it was so stressful trying to resign.he then took my letter in a demeaning fashion,read it and demanded I correct it to state the date when I will be leaving.he also Said I should effect the corrections from my work.no show of friendliness as if asking to resign should be something any boss should take offense in.i am shocked and distabilized

You could have got yourself injured or even killed. Narcissists also tend to be extremely violent in a physical manner. Next time, pack your stuff. Go home and never go back. If they ask for your whereabouts, tell them from that safe distance that you're done and won't be returning. But when you consider what's going on in Nigeria today - the absolute wastage and decay in all that's needed to hold the social fabric together- you can't possibly argue with anyone who says majority of Nigerians are narcissistic by nature!
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by diogo23: 4:17pm On Mar 08, 2022
fnep2smooth:
So the person should and take insult ?
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by GloriousGbola: 4:28pm On Mar 08, 2022
Klass99:
@ Irunoko, you for give us the details na.

The bad-mouthing some bosses do when you resign no be here o. I resigned from a job one time like that, giving my boss heads-up before going to HR to make it formal.

I worked out my notice period and bounced. A day after I left, I received a credit alert of 200k from my boss, followed by a WhatsApp chat from this same person, thanking me for my time, service and contribution to him/the firm.

I was shocked because none of it was expected, as a matter of fact he was a major reason why I quit that job. People don't leave good jobs, they mostly walk away from bad bosses, but I digress.

I informed one of my closest and trusted colleagues about what this boss did and even showed her the chat he sent me. She was shocked but thanked/appreciated him on my behalf.

Two weeks later, boss started telling people that I wasn't performing so he fired me. You fired someone for non-perfomance but wired 200k to them with a thank you text? shocked He waited for me to exit the company before starting his smear campaign, because he knows I would have countered him hands down.

Fortunately, the colleague I shared the news with was the one defending me and setting the record straight with people he was lying to. If I mention the company's name (but I won't) people who know this guy/CEO may be shocked and even deny it. My former colleagues who know the truth, will know who I am if they see this post.

Another CEO found out where a staff was moving to from his company, he wrote the CEO of the new company saying nasty and unkind things about his former staff and that person lost the job based on his lies.

When I say some CEOs are badly behaved jerks, don't argue with me, I have worked closely with some. HR Professionals in the house, please be cautious about the sort of references you receive, employers bad-mouth candidates too.

Not gonna lie, your ex boss is weird. I have had some psycho bosses, but a boss that can go as far as to give you personal severance and then bad mouth you..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by Klass99(f): 4:35pm On Mar 08, 2022
cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by King125007(m): 4:36pm On Mar 08, 2022
See eh until you work for narcissist employer you won't really understand what this guybis trying to say and explain
These people need to be admitted to psychiatric ward
You made a right decision quitting that job o, that was the best decision of your life

A narcissist boss will destroy your self esteem to zero if you are not care

Make you feel worthless

Thier weapons are:

You exposing your personal life to them or weakness

Fear

Manipulation on a demonic level

Confusion

Disunity among employees

See eh pray you don't find yourself working for any narcissist. You go see shege

They hate to loss, that's why ur boss is angry, that shouldn't even surprise you

They always have baf thing to say about all their formal employee's, so expect your vase not to be an exception

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by rottennaija(m): 4:54pm On Mar 08, 2022
irunoko:
Narcissist has the mentality of 'you don't quit, I fire you'. Resigning from their company takes away the power they feel they have on you, making them feel small.
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by Solatium(m): 4:55pm On Mar 08, 2022
irunoko:
well,I worked with him for two years and I discovered he is very exploitative, manipulative and a user.for example,he wants us to get a particular job done/type some documents but when the secretary complains that paper or ink in the printer has been exhausted,he will get dismissive, covertly aggressive and tells her to find a way to print it like that.when OTHERS discovered he's a narcissist they became sychophatic and decided to lick his ass in his presence while gossiping about him in his absence.on some occasions he has sweet talked and manipulated me into adding my money to buy A4 papers when the money he released wasn't enough.the worst part of it is that he is so entitled, shows no appreciation and has complete disregard for our feelings.he only gets friendly when he needs a favour from his surbodinates or wants them to get things done for him at little or no cost

Don't let that bother,you once you have made up your mind and given them the required time,just move,i left a toxic working environment about 2 weeks ago and i am glad i did

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

''Your Job Can Make You Impotent'' / Should I Continue Studying Medicine In Nigeria Or Should I Start Afresh Abroad / Skye Bank Sacks 175

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.