Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company (21556 Views)

Planning To Resign From Current Job / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me / Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 08, 2022
rickpat:
They act that way because they're are going to miss controlling you... narcissist hate when you want to get out of their Claws of control and manipulation...that's the reason
Worked with a narccist and resigned, one of the hardest thing for her cause she didn't see it coming, I resigned and told her the environment is toxic, it hurt her badly 'cause she prefers to sack than for someone to resign, employees keep resigning under her, she is a user and the witch-hunting at that place is top notch. I didn't even give her the courtesy of a resignation letter cause she doesn't deserve any.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by Olam09(m): 5:17pm On Mar 08, 2022
irunoko:
I am sorry I won't be able to go into details because I am not a fan of typing for a very long time but I notice that when you choose to resign from a particular company because you've had enough of the boss's bullshi** and intrusive and controlling behaviour,why do they go into an outburst as if you have offended them because you say you want to resign and then later try to manipulate and gaslight you? Why do they get offended for choosing to resign?

I'm about to do that to one of this asshole this march end... i believe he won't eat or drink for complete 2 month whenever i leaves.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by COOL10(m): 5:17pm On Mar 08, 2022
irunoko:
well,I worked with him for two years and I discovered he is very exploitative, manipulative and a user.for example,he wants us to get a particular job done/type some documents but when the secretary complains that paper or ink in the printer has been exhausted,he will get dismissive, covertly aggressive and tells her to find a way to print it like that.when OTHERS discovered he's a narcissist they became sychophatic and decided to lick his ass in his presence while gossiping about him in his absence.on some occasions he has sweet talked and manipulated me into adding my money to buy A4 papers when the money he released wasn't enough.the worst part of it is that he is so entitled, shows no appreciation and has complete disregard for our feelings.he only gets friendly when he needs a favour from his surbodinates or wants them to get things done for him at little or no cost

Another issue I noticed is that he started changing towards me when he approached me to be selling gnld products for him and I turned down his request.since then I noticed he has been resenting me but now I'm tired and had enough of all the rubbish.

Trust me, the best thing you can do is to leave that place. Narcissists are masters of self projection and they love to feel like they are the victims. You would be wise to expect your boss to go on a smear campaign against you. It must have even started already.

Narcissists are demonic entities. Stay away from them if you can.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 08, 2022
digitite:
They think they can do no wrong. And if you continue with them, it will affect your mental health.
My mental health was really affected when I worked with one, she will spend a good amount of time talking down at her employees, she is the best in all, only her, no one else, nobody is ever good at anything, someone that said the salary she is paying us, we do not deserve it
Hello madam, you do not deserve me too. I resigned and never looked back.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by chukkystar(m): 5:29pm On Mar 08, 2022
irunoko:
really? If they know this,why can't he be reciprocal in my gesture and kindness to him? Why choose to be a leech because you're the boss and then blame me for not telling you a week before my resignation as if I owe you that information.i am honestly tired of being used and feeling stupid.i need a place where I can be valued and respected not used and working under toxic situations or a boss Making me look like I owe him my life and details of my decisions
Narcissist feel the World revolves around them, very proud, very arrogant and Manipulative. Don't let anything he says get to You.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by rickpat(m): 6:06pm On Mar 08, 2022
Nuttella:
Worked with a narccist and resigned, one of the hardest thing for her cause she didn't see it coming, I resigned and told her the environment is toxic, it hurt her badly 'cause she prefers to sack that for someone to resign, employees keep resigning under her, she is a user and the witch-hunting at that place is top notch. I didn't even give her the courtesy of a resignation letter cause she doesn't deserve any.
very manipulative beings

1 Like

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by KevMitnick: 6:25pm On Mar 08, 2022
King125007:
See eh until you work for narcissist employer you won't really understand what this guybis trying to say and explain
These people need to be admitted to psychiatric ward
You made a right decision quitting that job o, that was the best decision of your life

A narcissist boss will destroy your self esteem to zero if you are not care

Make you feel worthless

Thier weapons are:

You exposing your personal life to them or weakness

Fear

Manipulation on a demonic level

Confusion

Disunity among employees

See eh pray you don't find yourself working for any narcissist. You go see shege

They hate to loss, that's why ur boss is angry, that shouldn't even surprise you

They always have baf thing to say about all their formal employee's, so expect your vase not to be an exception
You actually know them. Leave and don't look back, that's my only advise.
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by Oyerinde16(m): 6:29pm On Mar 08, 2022
I was doing all the work, running from pillar to post ensuring organization was up and running, sometimes I worked from 4am to 12am barely sleeping 4hrs - 5hrs.

On one faithful day, I walked into the directors office and tendered my resignation letter. He knew I was the most hardworking staff, but he cared less, all he cared was his biz was running...

He knew at that point there was trouble but I cared less...

A week later all the staffs were calling me and telling me they miss me, how did I do this how was I doing that... The director wanted me back by all means even offered a 100% salary increment with official car... But it was late, I was now working with Mtn.

I'm no longer with mtn.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by Sirlancelort(m): 6:52pm On Mar 08, 2022
irunoko:
I am sorry I won't be able to go into details because I am not a fan of typing for a very long time but I notice that when you choose to resign from a particular company because you've had enough of the boss's bullshi** and intrusive and controlling behaviour,why do they go into an outburst as if you have offended them because you say you want to resign and then later try to manipulate and gaslight you? Why do they get offended for choosing to resign?

Because they think people have no other options, if you change your mind and continue working they will sack you them selves there by tarnishing your image and making you look stupid

1 Like

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by digitite: 6:52pm On Mar 08, 2022
Nuttella:
My mental health was really affected when I worked with one, she will spend a good amount of time talking down at her employees, she is the best in all, only her, no one else, nobody is ever good at anything, someone that said the salary she is paying us, we do not deserve it
Hello madam, you do not deserve me too. I resigned and never looked back.

Me too. I did the same at my work, although I suffered depression afterwards, I have recovered. Better you left.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 08, 2022
digitite:

Me too. I did the same at my work, although I suffered depression afterwards, I have recovered. Better you left.
Before I resigned I made sure I gave her a piece of my mind, their ain't no way I will resign without telling her how she is.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:59pm On Mar 08, 2022
Uh, because they are narcissist?!
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by Senoye: 8:10pm On Mar 08, 2022
I have always maintained that when it comes to Job, your interest comes first. If you have any opportunity to leave a company, please leave and never look back. In my first job, my MD was mad at me for joining a competitor claiming that I had the secret of the company and she invested a lot in me. I didn't bother, I resigned and left and till today, it was one of the best decisions for me. My current company had to lay off a lot of staff during COVID even people who had given their all for the organization. They restructured and rendered some jobs irrelevant. Some of them had the opportunity to leave but felt the company had done a lot for them, and they turned the offer down. As far you are not going against any written agreement, you have taken time to train someone to take over from you and you give a proper notice period, please go and don't bother about what your Boss will say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by profmallor: 8:26pm On Mar 08, 2022
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by digitite: 8:29pm On Mar 08, 2022
Nuttella:
Before I resigned I made sure I gave her a piece of my mind, their ain't no way I will resign without telling her how she is.

You did well. That was exactly what my colleague did to our boss. If you have to work again, do make sure that the environment is happy and cheerful and they cherish life.

I wasted 6years of my life working for such personality but thank God I am recovering. When you come across people who see themselves as God or Goddess, RUN!!
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by irunoko(m): 8:57pm On Mar 08, 2022
chukkystar:
Narcissist feel the World revolves around them, very proud, very arrogant and Manipulative. Don't let anything he says get to You.
thanks chuks smiley
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by irunoko(m): 8:58pm On Mar 08, 2022
COOL10:

Trust me, the best thing you can do is to leave that place. Narcissists are masters of self projection and they love to feel like they are the victims. You would be wise to expect your boss to go on a smear campaign against you. It must have even started already.

Narcissists are demonic entities. Stay away from them if you can.
I have learnt that o.its a great deliverance lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by irunoko(m): 9:01pm On Mar 08, 2022
Olam09:

I'm about to do that to one of this asshole this march end... i believe he won't eat or drink for complete 2 month whenever i leaves.
please do o for your sanity,self esteem and values before they wreck your self esteem.however make sure you collect your salary in full before resigning.dont let him know now so he won't put a stop to your salary.you know they can be quite vindictive so when your salary enters,you can call his bluff and tell him to f**k off
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by irunoko(m): 9:06pm On Mar 08, 2022
Solatium:

Don't let that bother,you once you have made up your mind and given them the required time,just move,i left a toxic working environment about 2 weeks ago and i am glad i did
wow I'm so happy for you.congratulations.nothing can replace peace of mind.theres certainly no way you can be productive and have job fulfilment/job satisfaction with a narcissist.they Sabi drama.it seems when a place is peaceful and people are going about their buisnness,they enjoy creating drama there while using divide and rule strategy to garner loyalist and ass lickers.i notice They also feel threatened and bruised When They are not the centre of attention or someone else is outshining them.

Infact you need to write a book on surviving the narcissist
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by gentleibraheem(m): 9:09pm On Mar 08, 2022
I experienced that from my previous place of work too. Though he wasn't outrightly angry cause I massaged his ego before announcing my resignation.
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by Aaay: 9:15pm On Mar 08, 2022
How
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by irunoko(m): 9:25pm On Mar 08, 2022
Solatium:

Don't let that bother,you once you have made up your mind and given them the required time,just move,i left a toxic working environment about 2 weeks ago and i am glad i did
wow congratulations.im so happy for you.infact there's no how you can experience productivity,job fulfilment and job satisfaction in such places.i also have a feeling that they usually don't like a peaceful environment.everywhere they go They like creating drama and divide and rule.they want loyalist that will always lick their ass and tell them everything THEY DO is good.my sister I'm really happy for you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by irunoko(m): 9:27pm On Mar 08, 2022
rottennaija:
Narcissist has the mentality of 'you don't quit, I fire you'. Resigning from their company takes away the power they feel they have on you, making them feel small.
wow I see.what a sad life for people with such obsessive controlling disorder

1 Like

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by Olam09(m): 9:28pm On Mar 08, 2022
irunoko:
please do o for your sanity,self esteem and values before they wreck your self esteem.however make sure you collect your salary in full before resigning.dont let him know now so he won't put a stop to your salary.you know they can be quite vindictive so when your salary enters,you can call his bluff and tell him to f**k off

I won't let him know.. I've gotten the tools I'll need to start my new business.. all I'm waiting for now is the march salary and the January one he hasn't paid.. I'll surprise him (treat his fuçk up) and he won't forget me forever.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by irunoko(m): 9:39pm On Mar 08, 2022
rottennaija:
Narcissist has the mentality of 'you don't quit, I fire you'. Resigning from their company takes away the power they feel they have on you, making them feel small.
if he has such horrible mentality,how then Will he now be treating his wife at home? God forbid.having a conversation with a narcissist in itself is extremely stressful and draining that is for like 10 mins plus that guy like storrryyyyyy.he Sabi talk.there was a day he sat me down and started talking to me from 11 am to to 2.30 pm.i blanked out.at some point sef I started praying in my mind he releases me.even when my phone was ringing I could not pick it because he was dominating the conversation and always enjoys having the final say.meanwhile I didn't even pay attention to 70 percent of whatever he was saying because I was already tired and irritated

1 Like

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by irunoko(m): 9:42pm On Mar 08, 2022
ManOfSon:

You could have got yourself injured or even killed. Narcissists also tend to be extremely violent in a physical manner. Next time, pack your stuff. Go home and never go back. If they ask for your whereabouts, tell them from that safe distance that you're done and won't be returning. But when you consider what's going on in Nigeria today - the absolute wastage and decay in all that's needed to hold the social fabric together- you can't possibly argue with anyone who says majority of Nigerians are narcissistic by nature!
get violent on top say I say I no do again? Shoooo? shocked Na by force? shocked

That one be werey o lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by irunoko(m): 9:44pm On Mar 08, 2022
funmise007:
hey yah pele this is so much like my boss and he fumbles too much..I don type my resignation letter from the system assigned to me sef buh I wan secure one place b4 I break him heart finally.the last time I got so passed off and stayed at home for three days for saying shit to my face he call me I said I will resume and didn't then he send everyone at office to be calling me b4 I just decide to later show up..yet I know I go shock the fool that thinks he's always smart.
wow he really lacks empathy.so you mean he didn't even call you to ask/know about your welfare? He was more bothered about his Lousy job than your well being? shocked
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by irunoko(m): 9:47pm On Mar 08, 2022
nikz:

Even if he gets manipulative humbly drop the letter and walk away. That was how my boss tried talking me back into working with her I dropped my letter Jejely and walked away I don't have time for rubbish. If he succeeds in talking you back into the job guy kpele you will see pepper. God will give you a better job jare. There are still nice bosses out there
lol predictably he started forming friendliness and trying to convince me to stay.i said my mind is already made up sir.then he started asking where I'm going, where I'll be staying, what place I'll be working and other information that was none of his buisnness.of course I didn't tell him because I know he has tendencies to be vindictive
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by irunoko(m): 9:52pm On Mar 08, 2022
wealthtrak:

Okay, did you give him sufficient
notice before resigning?

He needs time to replace you, but that is no reason to manipulate any employee who wants to leave.
I intentionally didn't tell him at the beginning of the meeting.i needed to tell him privately because I didn't want him to create a scene or drama in the presence of anybody because I said I was leaving hence the time I told him

1 Like

Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by irunoko(m): 9:56pm On Mar 08, 2022
Erniemax101:

It is called narcissist rage, they hate it when they loose the ability to control you. I have noticed that most Nigerians don’t know about narcissists and how they can mess up your self confidence and mental health
so true.with a narcissist you can't think,you continually walk on eggshells,you cannot be yourself,they hate when you are happy or self confident, they thrive Better when they can dominate everybody and make them loose their voice.how Can you ever be your best in such environment? Meanwhile the shocking part is that before we do meeting he must pray or choose someone to pray or read the Bible lipsrsealed but his actions don't show any form of Christ likeness
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by irunoko(m): 9:58pm On Mar 08, 2022
Klass99:
@ Irunoko, you for give us the details na.

The bad-mouthing some bosses do when you resign no be here o. I resigned from a job one time like that, giving my boss heads-up before going to HR to make it formal.

I worked out my notice period and bounced. A day after I left, I received a credit alert of 200k from my boss, followed by a WhatsApp chat from this same person, thanking me for my time, service and contribution to him/the firm.

I was shocked because none of it was expected, as a matter of fact he was a major reason why I quit that job. People don't leave good jobs, they mostly walk away from bad bosses, but I digress.

I informed one of my closest and trusted colleagues about what this boss did and even showed her the chat he sent me. She was shocked but thanked/appreciated him on my behalf.

Two weeks later, boss started telling people that I wasn't performing so he fired me. You fired someone for non-perfomance but wired 200k of your personal money to them with a thank you text? shocked He waited for me to exit the company before starting his smear campaign, because he knows I would have countered him hands down.

Fortunately, the colleague I shared the news with was the one defending me and setting the record straight with people he was lying to. If I mention the company's name (but I won't) people who know this guy/CEO may be shocked and even deny it. My former colleagues who know the story, may see this post and know it is me.

Another CEO found out where a staff was moving to from his company, he wrote the CEO of the new company saying nasty and unkind things about his former staff and that person lost the job based on his lies.

When I say some CEOs are badly behaved jerks, don't argue with me, I have worked closely with some. HR Professionals in the house, please be cautious about the sort of references you receive, employers bad-mouth candidates too.
lol interestingly my boss asked me where I was going,where I will be living etc.i no answer am.i just left.someone like that is too vindictive and petty minded for me to give such information to
Re: Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company by irunoko(m): 10:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
drmuri:

This happened to me before.
They are angry because you deprive them of seeing you hurt.
They will prefer to have you fired, nit waiting for that to happen saddens them
thank God my promotion is not in his hands and is in God's hands.im sure he must have been waiting for moment of promotion to get at me but God showed him who is God.i remember when it was time for promotion after a lady served him for 3 years,he wrote on her paper "not qualified for promotion" meanwhile this is a girl that when you did birthday she celebrated you,she spent her money to prepare jollof Rice and share to everyone.that was when I knew this man doesn't love anybody.that girl was so hurt that she cried

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

''Your Job Can Make You Impotent'' / Skye Bank Sacks 175 / Should I Continue Studying Medicine In Nigeria Or Should I Start Afresh Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.