Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,076 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:29 AM

Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia (49285 Views)

Ukrainian Doctor Orders Staff To Castrate Russians As They're 'Cockroaches' / Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' / Turkish President Calls On OIC Leaders To Unite And Confront Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Bluffly: 2:58pm On Mar 08, 2022
Kortumar:
Your realization came too late. Amateur politician

Have you occupied one before
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by ken6488(m): 2:58pm On Mar 08, 2022
NOwazobia:
Na third world war be that na. The common man who is already suffering, will be affected the most. I am one of the common man, and I don't want the experience of a 3rd world war.
me too it will end humanity

1 Like

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by inoki247: 2:59pm On Mar 08, 2022
ken6488:

Seems you don't understand what is going on
Russia has no interest on keeping Ukraine, Ukraine will still be a sovereign country

But Russia demands

Recognize the 2 republics..

Keep cremea

.Ukraine will no longer have a military

Banned from NATO

Lol not having military isn't possible country of over 40million people wen no b say na 10k people dey d country the joke is on Russia....
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 08, 2022
ItsGoodToBeGood:
The earlier you realize that NATO is not for you the better.

Just man up and negotiate peacefully with Russia before they rush you out

Wished y'all understood that tweet cheesy

Now I know the gullible I'm Sharing forum with...

Do not underestimate the power of foolish people in a large gathering
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Mccullum: 2:59pm On Mar 08, 2022
He realized this when he heard that EU and US can't survive without buying of Russian gas, same Russia seriously in bombardment of his Ukraine.

If not this guy is inexperience of international politics, he would have understand the failure of US and her allies NATO to attack North Korea since her continuous acquisition of nuclear weapons, he suppose to understand that they can't dare to attack mighty nuclear power of Russia status.

It's better ASAP to find channel of negotiation to quit the war, if not Ukraine will become beggar in committee of nations.

4 Likes

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by ken6488(m): 3:00pm On Mar 08, 2022
baralatie:

Ukraine will still have a military but respecting Russian security
exactly that's why I said the president is a fool, this un neccesary war should have been prevented, if he remains neutral

1 Like

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 08, 2022
Negotiations not surrender
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by OneCorner: 3:01pm On Mar 08, 2022
Is this man trying to play psychological game with NATO and US?
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by ken6488(m): 3:01pm On Mar 08, 2022
inoki247:

Lol not having military isn't possible country of over 40million people wen no b say na 10k people dey d country the joke is on Russia....
I mean just like Japan and Germany after world war 2, their military will be limited for defense only

1 Like

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by inoki247: 3:01pm On Mar 08, 2022
JubrilBuhari:

Lol
Let's see what happens when they fully encircles Kiev and start bombing everything at sight.

Lol na dem go still tire US bomb tire for Afganistan na wu tire the the Taliban or US even the same Russia go Afghanistan dem tire...

unless dem Ukraine crackdown buh if not na insurgency d thing go turn too Gun is already distributed like Biscuit nd sweet to people...

You kill 10 people u lose 2 to 3 soldiers no b both side dey lose so....
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by almarthins(m): 3:01pm On Mar 08, 2022
Kortumar:

That's quite harsh. No one has the right to call zlensky, " amateur". He knew the odds but still chose to fight. Do you think if Ukraine had the same fire power like Russia. The score will be different.

2 Likes

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by ken6488(m): 3:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
OneCorner:
Is this man trying to play psychological game with NATO and US?
na actor na
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Johel(m): 3:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
WriterNig:
@ASB Military

credit: Interfax UA || RIA || Republic World

Russia Na your mate?...even NATO knows that if Russia start real war,the whole world will be in chaos.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by ken6488(m): 3:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
almarthins:

That's quite harsh. No one has the right to call zlensky, " amateur". He knew the odds but still chose to fight. Do you think if Ukraine had the same fire power like Russia. The score will be different.
at what end fighting a lost war

1 Like

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by wiseone28: 3:03pm On Mar 08, 2022
MERCHANDISER:

Make I see any comedian wey dey contest election in Nigeria, he go collect 2by 2
True

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Alamkir: 3:03pm On Mar 08, 2022
inoki247:

Ukraine can't withstand Russia buh na Russia go tire cos entering into people's domain to take over dere land no b Moi moi the same way wey US take tire for Afghanistan na so Russia go tire cos this kind of war no b wetin u fit celebrate for long cos if u capture this territory today dey will goan restrategize to take bak dere territory....

So the war na anoda Afghanistan type of war..

Russia only want change of government, they Didn'tgo their to stay

1 Like

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by jeffoe(m): 3:04pm On Mar 08, 2022
inoki247:

Ukraine can't withstand Russia buh na Russia go tire cos entering into people's domain to take over dere land no b Moi moi the same way wey US take tire for Afghanistan na so Russia go tire cos this kind of war no b wetin u fit celebrate for long cos if u capture this territory today dey will goan restrategize to take bak dere territory....

So the war na anoda Afghanistan type of war..
there is difference between the Afghanistan situation and this.
1. Russia would not be that dumb to want to occupy the whole country they would learn from their previous experience in Afghanistan and the recent USA experience there. There are only a few afghan people sympathetic to the USA and USA wanted to install a government for the whole country. but in ukraine they have a lot of Russian speaking people who are sympathetic to Russia they would only annex those region with majority Russian population like Crimea donetsk luhansk in ukraine trasnistria in Moldova, abkhazia and South ossetia in Georgia

2. There mission is to weaken ukraine militarily so it would be difficult for them to keep attacking the rebel held region.

3. Since there would be disputed region in the country they wouldn't be able to join NATO

4. Even if they decide to cede those region to Russia
Russia would still force them to enshrine neutrality in the new ukrainian Republic constitution.

5. Toppling the Kiev government would be difficult as it would involve urban Street to street fighting even if they succeed the puppet government would not survive because the Kiev people are pro west so they would just mutate into guerrilla warfare. Russia would not be much perturbed as the destruction is only happening in ukrainian soil

3 Likes

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by maticar: 3:04pm On Mar 08, 2022
and nairaland analyst especially that @fernandezisback be egging this man on to his death for nothing

believe in NATO at your own peril
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by ken6488(m): 3:04pm On Mar 08, 2022
inoki247:

Lol na dem go still tire US bomb tire for Afganistan na wu tire the the Taliban or US even the same Russia go Afghanistan dem tire...

unless dem Ukraine crackdown buh if not na insurgency d thing go turn too Gun is already distributed like Biscuit nd sweet to people...

You kill 10 people u lose 2 to 3 soldiers no b both side dey lose so....
if it gets to that Russia is prepared he will withdraw her military and send in guerilla fighters from Iran, Syria, Chechen allies

Ukraine will lose badly

1 Like

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Bluffly: 3:04pm On Mar 08, 2022
F4ku:
Haha

When we warned you, the devil (USA/UK), kept whispering to you, encouraging you to forge ahead..Not knowing for the fact that Ukraine was the pawn used to test waters.. Hahah
Now it has dawn to you that you've failed. You where used and dumped.

CNN kept on riding on the emotions Sentimental simpletons globally and Here in Nairaland..

The fact remains Non of the NATO super powers would have allowed any SOVEREIGN NATIONS close to them.. Ie Brazil, Cuba to accept RUSSIA, CHINA come close to them with there own (millitary hardware).. Fact!!!

Zelensky now you've accepted the truth, simply accept Russia's proposal, step down,
Quietly walk the lonely part and hide in obscurity forever...

Moral of the story..
ALWAYS USE YOUR HEAD..
DON'T BE THE PAWN IN THE GAME OF War CHESS..

Do you have proof of where NATO said he should go ahead. All of you will just be talking. NATO never promised him any military warfare. Read this https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/topics_132726.htm.
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Patriotic9ja(m): 3:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
Clown � of a President. Just too naive for leadership

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by IgOga(m): 3:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
Siwisheswereesh:
True

Pro-Putin looooonatics won't read the whole article before commenting.

It's about Ukraine joining NATO and not NATO coming to fight for them.

grin grin grin what are you saying jor grin grin grin
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Johnsghana(m): 3:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
Many of you forget that Putin had been preparing for this showdown with the West long ago. He had been provoking direct conflict with the West in Syria by his support of Assad and that is why Assad still controls a large portion of Syria. Unlike China, Putin put boots on the ground in Syria, Mali, etc so that he can acquire the requisite urban guerilla warfare skills needed to takeover a deviant urban neighbours like Ukraine. He knew sanctions would come and he had also prepared for it. He had prepared his Oligarchs too. Have you heard any of the Oligarchs fall out of line all through this whole thing?
The real reason for this conflict? The West is afraid that they can no longer bully Putin and Russia and Putin is beginning to gain stranglehold over europe with his cheap gas and oil. The West's goal was to cause an uprising in Russia as such get Putin overthrown. But, they forgot that this man was brought up by the KGB and FSB. He is a master strategist. Pure genius.
Zelensky just sacrificed the people and resources of Ukraine for nothing but his pride and the theatrics of social media and western propaganda.
The real issues that this Russian military operations has brought to the fore is the that the West has too much control over global trade, media and finance. As the leader of any country, I would worried about the ability of the West to pull levers and switch plugs that will make life difficult for you and your people when you disagree with them. And their immoral use of their control of the media to slander opponents into submission.
We need to start thinking about this dependency issues and start building independent systems or alternative systems like China has largely done.

17 Likes

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by pansophist(m): 3:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
Idiotic Zelensky. Before trusting anyone, you observe their track record, and see if their actions are backed by their words. The surest prediction of future behaviour is past actions. Prevention is better than cure, and no price is too much to pay for freedom. The US habitually pull out of treaties, disappoint their allies last minute, and still have mentality of exceptionalism.

I'll rather take all the sanctions now, than be eliminated when NATO camp at my doorstep, then I'll be dealing with sanctions and fighting whole thirty nato countries combined. Sanctions are tax for independence, only few countries can afford that luxury. Nato, a supposedly defensive pact, have been used to bombed countries that didn't attack any nato members state.

You expect Russia to trust them because of one nonsense such as international law? Then you're naive. Where was it when countless countries was destroyed despite international law? The earlier US zombies comes to realise that we lived in a world where "might is right", the better for them. Putin understands this, and will never allow for the setup of a possibility to be nuked in the future

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by almarthins(m): 3:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
Mccullum:
He realized this when he heard that EU and US can't survive without buying of Russian gas, same Russia seriously in bombardment of his Ukraine.

If not this guy is inexperience of international politics, he would have understand the failure of US and her allies NATO to attack North Korea since her continuous acquisition of nuclear weapons, he suppose to understand that they can't dare to attack mighty nuclear power of Russia status.

It's better ASAP to find channel of negotiation to quit the war, if not Ukraine will become beggar in committee of nations.

There was nothing US or it's allies can do about north Korea. With the heavy backing off China, they know it will be all out war if they dare.

The cost of war is enormous, no mighty country go into war, and come back beta or remain the same.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by OlawaleBammie: 3:07pm On Mar 08, 2022
Kortumar:
woe to the people u would lead in the future

See dem, supposed leader os tomorrow spewing trash.

I pity who wil choose u as his leader in the future,lily mind fellow.

So Ukraine should release their heritage cus rusia is bigger than dem abi. Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 08, 2022
The moment he returned to his office, I knew he is going to show real willingness to discuss with Putin. And for Putin to give 4 conditions for peace, it means underground peace talk is already going on.

I am optimistic this war will come to an end this week by the grace of God. I really didnt believe it that this man can survive this week. But he did, and still standing.

Listen, Ukraine is likely to unite more with Russia since NATO has proven to be a useless thing. And what next? I am seeing a new USSR.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by ken6488(m): 3:08pm On Mar 08, 2022
almarthins:

There was nothing US or it's allies can do about north Korea. With the heavy backing off China, they know it will be all out war if they dare.

The cost of war is enormous, no mighty country go into war, and come back beta or remain the same.
exactly NATO only powerful against weak countries

1 Like

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by MERCHANDISER: 3:08pm On Mar 08, 2022
NGArmyTerrorist:
Get sense, you say "No. " How do you think you can defeat Russia even with the help of those dream jets? Putin had really thought you people what is called politics. Now that he had captured the main nuclear power station; he is loosing nothing because that was his objective earlier. Zelenskyy the comedian can go about fighting his war in social media with the West hailing him to sacrifice more of his people. If Putin is really serious about this War, he would have leveled Ukraine before European sanctions showed up!

The fact is that Russia sees Ukraine as their younger brother that's why Putin is lenient with them.
Assuming it's a war with a far away enemy like UK,Putin might not even need to send troops to their Land.

All the damages will be done in Russia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by ken6488(m): 3:09pm On Mar 08, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:
The moment he returned to his office, I knew he is going to show real willingness to discuss with Putin. And for Putin to give 4 conditions for peace, it means underground peace talk is already going on.

I am optimistic this war will come to an end this week by the grace of God. I really didnt believe it that this man can survive this week. But he did, and still standing.

Listen, Ukraine is likely to unite more with Russia since NATO has proven to be a useless thing. And what next? I am seeing a new USSR.
exactly he see Russia is more reliable

1 Like

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by almarthins(m): 3:09pm On Mar 08, 2022
pansophist:
Idiotic Zelensky. Before trusting anyone, you observe their track record, and see if their actions are backed by their words. The surest prediction of future behaviour is past actions. Prevention is better than cure, and no price is too much to pay for freedom.

I'll rather take all the sanctions now, than be eliminated when NATO camp at my doorstep, then I'll be dealing with sanctions and fighting whole nato countries combined. Sanctions are tax for independence, only few countries can afford that luxury. Nato, a supposedly defensive pact, have been used to bombed countries that didn't attack any nato members state.

You expect Russia to trust them because of one nonsense such as international law? Then you're naive. Where was it when countless countries was destroyed despite international law? The earlier US zombies comes to realise that we lived in a world where "might is right", the better for you. Putin understands this, and will never allow for the setup of a possibility to be nuked in the future

That possibility is ever possible. Whether Russian invade Ukraine or not. They are still not out of danger because of the surrounding countries.
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by ken6488(m): 3:09pm On Mar 08, 2022
Russia supports Is the best

Check Syria, Russia no fear NATO troops, his military is supporting the regime openly
Unlike NATO that is scared

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Putin's Nuclear Comments Lead To Rush For Iodine In Central Europe / Russia Has Deployed Attack Helicopters To Ukraine Border (Photos) / Russell Goreraza Buys 2 Rolls Royce Limousines (Photos. Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.