Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Life Of A Banker - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Life Of A Banker (1311 Views)

Thank God, See My Networth As A Banker / The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate / Stanbic IBTC Bank Private Banker Recruitment 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Of A Banker by winnah(f): 6:44pm On Mar 08, 2022
I want to use this privilege to talk to someone in a wrong job (if I'll have to put it that way)

I've never experienced depression before in my life until December 2021.

Thee cause of it, I can boldly say my job. I formally worked as a Team lead DSA for Union Bank. I realized how useless I was with that job. Never had joy or any form of happiness working has a banker.

I studied banking and finance from the prestigious Madonna university. Now am working as a marketer with a monthly salary of 60k.

Despite all the stress, trauma and thinking of trying to meet up with target. Most time, I'll ask "my self how can u afford the basics things of life with this job. Mind u, I spend 30% of my salary to service the same job.

At some point, I lost my self esteem. I'll make up plans to resign. But I'll have to fight and wrestle with the fear of the unknown...

And I started to play the what if game. What if I fail, what if the society reject me, what if I lose the little social respect.

But when I remember some of my colleagues that has been in the system for twelve years plus yet nothing to really show for .. .. am left with no choice...

Thank God for the skill of paint production I learnt in my church WINNERS CHAPEL. And together with that, I started selling crayfish, fish and so many things. Wash people's water tanks, do industrial cleaning. Etc.
This was my escape plan ..

I knew within me that, even if am made the manager, I can never find fulfilment as a banker. I was in the wrong industry.

Please your sanity is worth more than money. Avoid the fear of the unknown. There's nothing like half bread�is better than none.

Before I left, my line manager told me that people will stop talking to me including my colleagues.. actually that was what happened. Family deserted me... I regretted my actions that first... I moved out from akwa ibom to pH .. from they, I moved out to stay with a friend.

But trust me ... Months later, I got a job in the industry I have genuine passion for ... For the very first time am happy doing something...

Last week one of the bank (mortgage bank) I submitted CV out of frustration, called me and offered me a full employment with a monthly salary of 200k with other benefits.... Am glad to say I turned it down... Mind you my current salary is not really up to 200k.

But my sanity means so much to me....

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Life Of A Banker by winnah(f): 6:46pm On Mar 08, 2022
GAVEDET

Re: Life Of A Banker by Nickyblithe: 7:47pm On Mar 08, 2022
Your mental health is important. All the very best in your new endeavor
Re: Life Of A Banker by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 08, 2022
You mean you were offered a job of #200k and you rejected the offer?This is the kind of motivational talks gnld members give to the gullible people in other to lure them to make payment to market their drugs.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Banker by Ballack1(m): 8:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
[quote author=Revolution2022 post=110865420]You mean you were offered a job of #200k and you rejected the offer?This is the kind of motivational talks gnld members give to the gullible people in other to lure them to make payment to market their drugs.

My brother it is possible
Re: Life Of A Banker by Kheney89: 11:37pm On Mar 08, 2022
Congratulations my brother
.. your story will inspire someone else. Besides, where are working now that you turned down 200k?
Re: Life Of A Banker by Samuelojonla123(m): 7:14am On Mar 09, 2022
You own your life, you know what is good for you. Goodluck
Re: Life Of A Banker by Chequeen(f): 8:50am On Mar 09, 2022
Wow, that's very bold of you...

I can relate to the whole stress of banking, my dad used to be a banker too I was young but I remember him always saying it felt too much like a rat race

My little piece of advice to you is to learn a digital skill, make money from the internet. That way you can even earn in foreign currencies and it affords you the lifestyle that you want and the freedom to pursue what you love.
Re: Life Of A Banker by silverkings: 9:46am On Mar 09, 2022
I got a contract job as digital product sales executive at firstbank. The contract letter arrived 4days ago. I have commenced documentation but yesterday i attended another interview which if I land the job it'll bring cognate experience. If that job eventually comes. Omo I will japaaaaa. This your story scared me shocked shocked
Re: Life Of A Banker by donbee(m): 3:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
To me you made the right decision. Life is not all about money. I know someone quiting a bank job that pays 195k for FG job that. Pays 123k. #peace_of_mind_matters.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

500k Monthly Income / Need A Job / Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.