Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,161 members, 7,780,133 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:07 AM

I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It (37808 Views)

The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) / See The Plate Of Rice I Cooked With Just 200 Naira / A Nairalander Caught A Big Python, Cooked It And Ate It With His Family (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by Viserion: 6:36pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Which one be innocent Pigeon again? Do you think innocent pig or innocent snail or children when you go to pay your #500 for them? undecided

Abeg, make we stop to dey demonize the meaningful. Pigeons can be farm raised for their meat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol4-Hhe6KoM

See this and realize what you may be missing out on. undecided
May God grant all your heart desires, amen
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by Viserion: 6:38pm On Mar 09, 2022
generalwo:
Useless and hungry idiot. Hope u eat this meat till you graduate with a pass. Ewu
I forgot to mention...my gp is higher than your bank account balance... I'm sitting pretty on first class
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by naturefellow(m): 6:58pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Pigeons can also be raised
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol4-Hhe6KoM
breeding. For food?

Viserion killed and ate a wild pigeon, under ordinary circumstances. Not like he was stranded on an island, and was starving of good food. That's the issue here.
He is not raising birds for subsistence, only fun and poverty vibes!
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by naturefellow(m): 7:02pm On Mar 09, 2022
RedboneSmith:

At what rate? LOL. It's literally one bird and one dude. Everyone is not going around slaughtering pigeons. Calm down.

By the way, suggesting that passenger pigeons are extinct because humans killed and ate them all is too simplistic. Humans destroyed their habitat and upset the ecosystem they depended on when they began clearing vast tracts of land for agriculture.

Drops of water makes an ocean!

I didn't say "humans ate passenger pigeons". Well, how about pangolins. We're eating those to extinction.

Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by naturefellow(m): 7:05pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Um.... you can also raise pigeons in farms if you wanted to. undecided
yes, like grasscutter and catfish. But until he raises them, and since he's not a caveman, he should let feral pigeons be.
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by naturefellow(m): 7:08pm On Mar 09, 2022
Viserion:
lol seems you're the ignoramus here... Go stop others from eating wild wife or bushmeat
wild wife

I'm no control freak. I'm intelligible to wise individuals. Beyond this, I don't stress.
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On Mar 09, 2022
naturefellow:
breeding. For food?

Viserion killed and ate a wild pigeon, under ordinary circumstances. Not like he was stranded on an island, and was starving of good food. That's the issue here.
He is not raising birds for subsistence, only fun and poverty vibes!
You mean say if I catch and kill a "wild" rabbit walking past my lawn, I am in error? undecided

Or if a wild turkey suddenly got hit by my car and I take it home to eat, I am in error? undecided

Help me understand what you are getting at here for Pete's sake. undecided
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Mar 09, 2022
naturefellow:
yes, like grasscutter and catfish. But until he raises them, and since he's not a caveman, he should let feral pigeons be.
So, I can't eat the wild rabbit that walk past my lawn because I have not raised any rabbits of my own? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by Viserion: 7:36pm On Mar 09, 2022
naturefellow:
come make me
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by Tapout(m): 8:04pm On Mar 09, 2022
immortalcrown:
The meat in the second plate is too big to be from the pigeon. Abi na onions dey confuse me.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that.
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by naturefellow(m): 8:13pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You mean say if I catch and kill a "wild" rabbit walking past my lawn, I am in error? undecided

Or if a wild turkey suddenly got hit by my car and I take it home to eat, I am in error? undecided

Help me understand what you are getting at here for Pete's sake. undecided
yeah, your Lawn is a gap between forests now, where wild rodents conveniently traverse? Congrats!
Wild rabbit. We're talking feral pigeon here. Look up bolded.

go look up 'road kill' too. (Dear, you got quite a handful to learn actually).

And just saw your most recent post on FP.
Absolutely no point engaging you any further actually. Shalom!
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Mar 09, 2022
naturefellow:
yeah, your Lawn is a gap between forests now, where wild rodents conveniently traverse? Congrats!
Wild rabbit. We're talking feral pigeon here. Look up bolded.

go look up 'road kill' too.

You digressed. This is a different kettle of fish.

And just saw your most recent post on FP.
Absolutely no point engaging you any further actually
. Shalom!
OMGosh!
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin wink cheesy wink wink wink grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by naturefellow(m): 9:04pm On Mar 09, 2022
Viserion:
come make me

Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by femiasaolu2014: 9:17pm On Mar 09, 2022
Viserion:
do you have any idea the things a local chicken eats?

You people are really wretched.

sorry
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by generalwo(m): 10:14pm On Mar 09, 2022
Viserion:
I forgot to mention...my gp is higher than your bank account balance... I'm sitting pretty on first class
..... See how u reason.... Who talked about account balance and gp?? To decipher common statement, u no fit but u fit cook pigeon chop...... Broke and hungry fool!
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by generalwo(m): 10:15pm On Mar 09, 2022
Viserion:
you need happiness bruv.. go and be happy, I'm not the cause of your sadness
.. The sadness u caused that pigeon will follow u always..... Odeh
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by Viserion: 10:17pm On Mar 09, 2022
generalwo:
..... See how u reason.... Who talked about account balance and gp?? To decipher common statement, u no fit but u fit cook pigeon chop...... Broke and hungry fool!
eyaa unfortunately I'm not the cause of your sadness, bitterness and anger, you can only wail but I've eaten and digested the said meat days ago. I hope you find peace and happiness cheers
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by Cousin9999: 11:53pm On Mar 09, 2022
The pigeon thought it was sweet, like he was just going to fly in and relax in the shade watching tv, eat some snacks. He thought wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_483t4_ucNs
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by generalwo(m): 12:26am On Mar 10, 2022
Viserion:
eyaa unfortunately I'm not the cause of your sadness, bitterness and anger, you can only wail but I've eaten and digested the said meat days ago. I hope you find peace and happiness cheers
....broke man.... Na 5k u no see take buy chicken make u chip beeful..... U had to depend on a stranded pigeon for meat...... What a shame!! ... Difference between u and your foreign counterparts, they see animals stranded, the help them and set them free.... But cave men like u see stranded animals and the first thing that comes to your feeble minds is food
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by Kobojunkie: 12:35am On Mar 10, 2022
generalwo:
.. The sadness u caused that pigeon will follow u always..... Odeh
Does the sadness you cause all the chicken, and malus you eat also follow you always? Why do you folks believe this hogwash abeg? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by generalwo(m): 1:23am On Mar 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Does the sadness you cause all the chicken, and malus you eat also follow you always? Why do you folks believe this hogwash abeg? undecided
..... I don't understand.... Na hunger Mair people leave chicken go dey chop pigeon?? How many meat dey inside pigeon wen Wan belleful person??
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by Kobojunkie: 1:26am On Mar 10, 2022
generalwo:
..... I don't understand.... Na hunger Mair people leave chicken go dey chop pigeon?? How many meat dey inside pigeon wen Wan belleful person??
They didn't leave chicken. There are so many options out there for people to consider and use as food, pigeons being one of them. You should instead ask yourself, why exactly it is that you are against people eating pigeon. undecided

Is it because you think you are the law regarding what they can or cannot eat, since there is no law against this act? undecided

Not much meat in snails but we eat them anyways. So why exactly are you against the eating of pigeons? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by Cousin9999: 3:14am On Mar 10, 2022
Squab (farmed pigeon) market.

There’s also the price: a one-pound, single-serving squab can go for up to $25, whereas you could get a pound of quail for around $14.

https://www.foodandwine.com/cooking-techniques/the-tastiest-bird-you-can-legally-eat

Brobson Lutz remembers his first squab with perfect clarity. It was the 1970s at the now-closed French restaurant Lutèce in New York City.

Squab, once among the most common sources of protein in the United States, has fallen out of favor in the last century. The speedy, handsome, tender, and tasty pigeon of yesteryear was replaced in the hearts and minds of post-World War II Americans with the firsthand experience of the city pigeon, whose excrement encrusts our cities. It was replaced on the plate, too, by the factory-farmed chicken. But thanks to foodies like Lutz, squab is making a slow and steady comeback in French and Chinese restaurants around the country. Trouble is, the bird’s unique development needs mean farmers struggle to meet the growing demand.

https://www.popsci.com/eat-pigeons-squab/

That said, countryside pigeon generally should be safe. Avoid the city ones because you don't know what they're eating.
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by Maj196(m): 5:54am On Mar 10, 2022
Viserion:
but you eat chicken right? Is chicken harmful? Nigerians and useless superstitions
Yes I do, but guess what chicken is an Orthodox bird for consumption. Tell anybody out there you ate a chicken and pigeon. Then see what they'll say about the pigeon.
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by Kobojunkie: 10:53am On Mar 10, 2022
Maj196:
Yes I do, but guess what chicken is an Orthodox bird for consumption. Tell anybody out there you ate a chicken and pigeon. Then see what they'll say about the pigeon.
And who made chicken and "orthodox" bird for you to consume? undecided

Most of you arguing against the OP'S action don't even realize that you are chained to the way you are about this by rules and ideas given you by other men like you and not even by nature itself. undecided

Thanks to nairaland, you have seen people being celebrated for eating snakes, lizards, cats, but suddenly someone comes in announcing pigeons are also on the menu and you are all in an uproar, why? undecided

Not a single valid reason to be found to this page. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by Viserion: 12:02pm On Mar 10, 2022
generalwo:
....broke man.... Na 5k u no see take buy chicken make u chip beeful..... U had to depend on a stranded pigeon for meat...... What a shame!! ... Difference between u and your foreign counterparts, they see animals stranded, the help them and set them free.... But cave men like u see stranded animals and the first thing that comes to your feeble minds is food
I pray you find true happiness, cheers
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by olamakinde(m): 12:08pm On Mar 10, 2022
Viserion:

I'm trying to upload pictures don't know what is happening
please don't
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by Kobojunkie: 3:36pm On Mar 10, 2022
generalwo:
Dude, is it a crime to not be able to afford chicken? undecided

As for your foreign counterparts, you mean the same ones who eat pigeon, snakes, and other things you look down on or which ones abeg? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by Maj196(m): 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
And who made chicken and "orthodox" bird for you to consume? undecided

Most of you arguing against the OP'S action don't even realize that you are chained to the way you are about this by rules and ideas given you by other men like you and not even by nature itself. undecided

Thanks to nairaland, you have seen people being celebrated for eating snakes, lizards, cats, but suddenly someone comes in announcing pigeons are also on the menu and you are all in an uproar, why? undecided

Not a single valid reason to be found to this page. undecided
Abeg getat
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by wafer1: 7:29pm On Mar 10, 2022
LastProphet:

He's too young to understand such, not his fault a country of thoughtless grownups as his only role models. Who in his right frame of mind kills pigeons for food?
Any animal you can eat comfortably is edible. I buy pigeons from my neighbors to eat. It's yummy

1 Like

Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by wafer1: 7:31pm On Mar 10, 2022
Maj196:
Pigeon is also an Orthodox bird to us. So calm the Bleep down
Re: I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It by LastProphet: 7:53pm On Mar 10, 2022
wafer1:

Any animal you can eat comfortably is edible. I buy pigeons from my neighbors to eat. It's yummy

grin wicked

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Animals You Can Never Eat No Matter The Price / Check Out This Sallah Ram.. .... Picture. / Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.