Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi (19944 Views)

EFCC Secures Final Forfeiture Of ₦‎775 Million Linked To Jonah Otunla / Pandora Papers: How Governor Bagudu Amassed Billions And How He Is Hiding It / US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by Maxymilliano(m): 6:24am On Mar 09, 2022
The United States authorities said it will resume legal proceedings to seize over $150 million allegedly laundered by Kebbi State Governor Atiku Bagudu, Bloomberg reported on Tuesday.

Bloomberg reported that Bagudu, a member of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), made a failed attempt for an out-of-court settlement with US authorities.

The U.S. alleges that the Kebbi State governor Bagudu was part of a network controlled by former Nigerian dictator Sani Abacha that misappropriated billions of dollars from state coffers in the 1990s.

Bagudu’s brother Ibrahim, who is entitled to an annuity from the assets, is challenging the forfeiture in a federal court in Washington.

US authorities and the Bagudu family obtained a stay of the judgement in 2020 to enable the parties to negotiate a resolution but with no agreement reached, the case is set to resume, according to court documents dated March 2.

Ibrahim is, however, optimistic that an out-of-court settlement is still possible with US and UK government officials.

A UK court had frozen the family’s investment portfolios in 2014 following a request from the U.S

The Nigerian government in 2019 said it is unable to assist the US in the case. It claimed it is bound by a settlement Bagudu reached with a previous Nigerian government in 2003.

Bagudu’s agreement with the Nigerian government reportedly allowed him to return $163 million to the Nigerian authorities, which in exchange dropped all outstanding civil and criminal claims against him, according to court filings.

In 2018, Nigeria government under President Muhammadu Buhari and Bagudu had a new agreement in 2018 for the ownership of the investment portfolios worth 141 million euros ($154 million) in late 2019 transferred to the Nigerian state, which would then pay 98.5 million euros to Bagudu and his affiliates, according to U.S. court documents.

Buhari’s administration has since applied to the U.K. court to unfreeze the assets.

US DoJ in February 2020 said it requested the Nigerian government to withdraw litigation it had commenced in the U.K. that was hindering its efforts to forfeit laundered funds held in Bagudu’s name.

US authorities in return opposed plans by the Nigerian government to give $100 million from loots recovered from Abacha to Bagudu.

DoJ said Bagudu was involved in corruption with the late Abacha who Transparency International (TI) said may have looted as much as $5 billion during his 1993-98 rule in Nigeria.

It accused the Nigerian government of hindering U.S. efforts to recover allegedly laundered money it said was traced to Bagudu.

https://guardian.ng/news/united-states-proceed-with-case-to-seize-150m-linked-to-atiku-bagudu/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&Echobox=1646764004

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by Damidave1124(m): 6:28am On Mar 09, 2022
Nigeria my country shocked

Don't even know what to say anymore

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 09, 2022
K

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by Maxymilliano(m): 6:28am On Mar 09, 2022
We are fighting corruption, that's what we hear everyday cry

105 Likes 9 Shares

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by CryptoTeacher(m): 6:28am On Mar 09, 2022
So, the FG is negotiating with criminals on sharing formula? No Netflix will do this movie better.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by olaboy33(m): 6:28am On Mar 09, 2022
Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by WebWriter: 6:28am On Mar 09, 2022
Hmmm

Need a professional writer for your website?
I'm available
Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by Elvixbeatz(m): 6:28am On Mar 09, 2022
grin grin grin most of our politicians are shameless. And have nothing to offer but hardship and stupendous embezzlement of the masses developmental money grin. Abbeg mk I blow grammar smaall.. uniben way I go no b beans jare

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by Antoeni(m): 6:28am On Mar 09, 2022
If you and I are walking on the streets and we find $73 million, what will you do with your share of $3 million?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by Mase2020g(m): 6:29am On Mar 09, 2022
Wahala

All this our leaders need brain check
Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by SweetJoystick(m): 6:30am On Mar 09, 2022
This is just to say if we don't get Kyari, we will sieze this money...indirect threat

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by TeeGentle(m): 6:30am On Mar 09, 2022
D
Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 6:30am On Mar 09, 2022
This evil is more with African especially nigeria.

One person wil steal money to be spent in 5 life time.

U see magnificent building of someone earning 150k per month. U dare not ask.

Somebody shud carry nigeria to Atlantic Ocean and wash us again

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by GooodHardDick: 6:30am On Mar 09, 2022
And people are dying of hunger in this country!

By the time APC govt is done with Nigeria, una eyes go clear come 2023 Election!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by Moneyboyz: 6:30am On Mar 09, 2022
Jungle justice crew will not see these ones now.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by TeeGentle(m): 6:31am On Mar 09, 2022
Government and their 419 money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by Kingray10: 6:31am On Mar 09, 2022
The last bold words says it all.
Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 09, 2022
Lol. Frigga13, come and see the antics of your boyfriend. Bagudu don turn oko Igbo. It was FFK recently and Agbaje, Fayose etal in the past

Who will Igbos not worship, ala "enemy of my enemy is my friend", in trying to take down those they hate ?

93 Likes

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by Triangles1(m): 6:31am On Mar 09, 2022
Another Abacha money miss road.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by OloshoMan: 6:32am On Mar 09, 2022
If they can extradite him too, that'll be fun

1 Like

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by obedience4(m): 6:32am On Mar 09, 2022
Good, the north a breeding place for corrupt politician..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by Ever8090: 6:33am On Mar 09, 2022
I don't blame them, I blame the Niger Delta who have allowed their resources to be used to enrich clowns all-over the county.

Just blow the whole thing up and let everyone focus on generating igr for their state before they can embezzle.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by SmartPolician: 6:33am On Mar 09, 2022
One would think that these Nigerian Muslims who hate everything West (and even despise Western education) would rather travel to, reside in, and have dealings with Saudi Arabia and Iraq as opposed to the US and UK. embarassed

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by Henribest8(m): 6:34am On Mar 09, 2022
Still some idiot will still be supporting all this recycle thief coming out for 2023

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by Mumusaphire: 6:34am On Mar 09, 2022
Antoeni:
If you and I are walking on the streets and we find $73 million, what will you do with your share of $3 million?
I will use it to get sharp shooter and kl u, take the $70m with u and share it to d needies. Because u gready more than our politicians. We saw $73m, u gave me $3m

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by obedience4(m): 6:34am On Mar 09, 2022
Antoeni:

You wan die abi? 3million out of ,73.... Well that 3 million will be used to finance your burial.. When I kill you..lol

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by maticar: 6:37am On Mar 09, 2022
Maxymilliano:
We are fighting corruption, that's what we hear everyday cry
Mr integrity, na wetin we dey hear everytime

Confirm shadow boxer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:39am On Mar 09, 2022
And he still remain as Governor.
The problem of this country is not just our leaders. The problems we have are the ignorant people who know nothing about the politicians but voted for them and wanted them to remain in power despite their recklessness.

In Nigeria we prefer to vote people who are uneducated and have attained no leadership record or role. We prefer to vote people just because they are popular, rich and famous and can dance in public. We prefer to vote people who can smile in election poster and distribute cash, Indomie noodles and branded biscuits to us. And when they milk us dry in return we begin to complain.
The people we voted for will produce to you what they have exhibited over the years including what you see and not see in them that made you vote for them.
If it is dancing or singing they will produce it.
If it is fraud,stealing or violence in every form they will produce it during their term.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:39am On Mar 09, 2022
Nigerian politicians are just as bad as witches.Both groups are very heartless and deserve death sentence.
The day,Nigeria begins to pass death sentence on looters in government, this menace would drastically reduce.
Lol! the the kleptomaniac fool thought he could engage in out-of-court settlement with the US,but he doesn't know what awaits him.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi by Onafoluna: 6:40am On Mar 09, 2022
Can you design a professional flyer with your smartphone??

Paul can.

Design of a flyer costs $8.3 on average. If you can design just 3 flyers daily, you'd be making $750 (over N400,000) monthly.

This is 100% achievable, even a dummy can learn it... And guess what? You can achieve this with JUST your smartphone!

That's not all! I will also teach you how to design:

• Logos
• Book covers
• Album covers
• Create Whiteboard animations and
• Professional Photo Manipulation.

These are high income skills that can feed you for life!

That's not all still! I will also teach you how to:

• Create 3D logos using mock ups.
• Create Professional eBooks with your smartphone.
• Create Professional marketing videos for companies.
Plus a complete gift pack of Graphics Design eBooks worth N19,000.

For all you stand to gain, this training can be easily priced at 50,000 naira.

However, I have slashed it to 10,000 naira. But, the first 20 people will pay 4,999 naira.

The 21st person will pay 7,500 naira.

When is the class starting?

Saturday, 19th of March 2022.

To reach me, kindly send me a message on WhatsApp via the number below.

[img]https://images./2HW1D8w5X1NfzJlzJlhYKx.jpg[/img]

Any guarantees?

Yeah, if you don't make more than 10 times of your money with this skill, I will refund you your money with a written apology.

How to get started?

Send me a message on WhatsApp ,
via the number below for account details.

PS.: This is not a Canva design class.

PS. 2: Would you rather exchange 4,999 naira for over 270,000 naira or will you use it to flex today?

Send me a message now.

[img]https://images./2HW1D8w5X1NfzJlzJlhYKx.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./3kh2c70tHGh8mwIg8Z9Kv.png[/img]

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Salisu Buhari Appointed Into UNN Governing Council / Pro-saraki Senators Insist PDP Now Majority In Senate, To Call For Head Count / Early Video And Pictures Labor Party Presidential Rally In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.