Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,840 members, 7,802,692 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola (26160 Views)

Poll: Whose side are you on?

Governor Fashola: 42% (93 votes)
Fashionable Lagos ladies: 57% (124 votes)
This poll has ended

Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) / Blame FG For Tanker Explosion – Governor Fashola / Governor Fashola's Contact Phone No. And Email (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 03, 2007
the truth be say Lagos people like to take nonsense

If any police commissioner try this one for South East, Even though his ancestors migrate from Yemen or Jordan dem go redeploy am that day.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by lovemajek(f): 10:02pm On Aug 03, 2007
Why do we have to emulate all the western practice. A good lady with our traditional attire will always receive respect both at home and abroad, period.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by mantutuman(m): 10:04pm On Aug 03, 2007
I think the gov is so idle and so bereft of ideas that he is engaged in this kind of activity. I thought he was a SAN. We did not elect him to do that. He should be ashamed of himself. Nigerians it is time we stopped taking anything we are dished. Let us scream to high heavens that it is unconstitutional for this to happen in this day and age.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2007
Fashola, Police or whoever has no business to harrass people with how they dressed.
the question is, are these ladies forcing anybody to pick them up?.NO!
if you pick Ashewo up on Allen, Bab Fafunwa, or Kofo Abayomi (Apapa), that is your preference and how you want to spend your life, nobody has any right to tell anybody what to do with his/her life. PERIOD!.
i like fashola, but on this take, he got it all wrong.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by RichyBlacK(m): 11:09pm On Aug 03, 2007
This seems to be the perennial problem in Naija - the overwhelming majority of her inhabitants are damn too timid. I've always wondered why that is so. People are just too afraid to stand and fight the repressive system that governs them. How can this happen in a so-called democracy? Today it is how you look/dress; tomorrow they'll start stopping and searching people for indecent objects (like condoms) in their bags or pockets; and after that, police will begin arresting guys for lookery.

The problem is that every body will just say "see o dem don start again o" - no action. Action is what is needed. For example, we can:

1. Start a grassroots campaign to mobilize people to march to Alausa and peacefully protest this nonsense.
2. Print out fliers to educate people about why this is unacceptable
3. Use chain messages to contact and inform people via SMS (text messaging)
4. Raise money or use known contacts to take the campaign to the airways - Cool FM, Ray Power, etc.
5. Buy space in the print media (Guardian, PM News, etc.) to make people aware of the dangers of allowing one of the most corrupt police commands in the world to dictate people's sense of fashion
6. Buy TV time to continue the mass mobilization
7. Repeat

If such actions are taken, a critical mass of well-informed Lagosians will be formed and the potential to turn this ugly tide around will thus be created. If this critical mass is sustained it can lead to more positive actions nt just in Lagos State but in the rest of the country.

Otherwise, the abuse of Lagosians by vagabonds in uniform will be irreversibly expanded. Good luck.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Razorr(f): 11:10pm On Aug 03, 2007
I am still trying to convince myself that this is a bad dream and I'll wake up soon.

This is not happeneing!

I have tried and tried to think up logical explanations for this action by the Government but nothing makes sense.

Please has Fashola given any explanation for this? angry angry

With the way things are going in Naija, I think I'll just relocate to Ghana - At least they also have oil now! angry angry

Bunch of tweaks!  angry angry
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Razorr(f): 11:12pm On Aug 03, 2007
@RichyBlack

Good idea, but who would bell the f*ucking cat?

I'm sorry to say this but Nigerians are the most cowardly people on Earth! embarassed angry
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Prince22(m): 11:38pm On Aug 03, 2007
Sorry guys if u 're offended!!!

Most Nigerian ran to other countries because of wrong attitude, untidy enviroment, bad images of the country by individual and most of us want to still do thesame thing.

Let have a right attitude and make Nigeria abetter place to visit with good immages,
it must started from somewhere.

Fashola!!! keep the good work and make Nig/Lagos a better place

Our ladies don't need to work around nude before they appear real or attractive

cheers!!!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by denex: 11:54pm On Aug 03, 2007
Let's just declare Sharia nationwide and stop this whole snail movement.

I can't believe Lagos is trying to declare sharia law through the back window.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by romeo(m): 12:03am On Aug 04, 2007
Prince22:

Most Nigerian ran to other countries because of wrong attitude, untidy enviroment, bad images of the country by individual and most of us want to still do thesame thing.

Let have a right attitude and make Nigeria abetter place to visit with good immages,

cheers!!!

does it matter if they walk around nude? you can still walk around nude too as a man and no problem!! before western style clothing came to our land what where we wearing?
and sex workers are not criminals!! if they want to clean lagos they should start with the area boys and not these poor ladies

have you ever heard about the Amsterdam red district? check other countries when you are talking about image!! our image has nothing to do with this
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by BlkRaven(f): 12:07am On Aug 04, 2007
Prince22:

cheers!!!

I beg to differ. It's not what the ladies wear or the men's hairstyles that is creating Nigeria's bad image. People have every right to wear whatever they want regardless of our individual opinion on the matter. Don't the governor and police force have real problems to deal with? Who appointed them as the people's moral compass? Both the police and governor need to keep out of other people's business and go do something constructive with their time. They've got a hidden agenda, I tell you.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Razorr(f): 12:20am On Aug 04, 2007
First off i'm not Razorr, just her friend.

I must say that every time i get unto one of these sites and read the comments, one of the most amazing things to me is the sheer disparity of views and logic out there. Sometimes people get on these forums and take positions that I wonder, can this person really think this? This is one of those times. I mean some people here are actually defending the Governments right to arrest its citizenry because it disapproves of their dress. I mean isn't that madness?? A while back, a couple of ladies were physically assaulted because they apparently went to the National Assembly wearing trousers (even though one was a youth corper and was simply wearing the assigned uniform). Some plebs came out to defend the rights of *** men *** to assault a lady and beat her up for wearing demeaning outfits. Now defenders of idiotic ideas like this, think about that. You think its is better to beat, to assault, to detain or shame a person and that such behaviour is better than the so called indecency that it is designed to combat.
I will tell you what, any man, who claims that a woman is dressed indecently is a LOUT!!!!! Yes I'm not beating around the bush (and by the way, I'm a guy). When the simple solution is for you to avert your eyes, which costs nothing, can easily be accomplished and hurts no one. Why do men suggest that a woman even in a full state of UnCloth exerts some kind of charm that must attract their eyes. I wonder when i hear people say so, what they would do if they walked in on their daughters or sisters or mothers in a state of UnCloth (even if in the privacy of their own homes), would they immediately set upon them because after all 'everything is on display'. If they can exercise control in that situation, then what makes the fact that a stranger is dressed 'provocatively' so difficult to resist.
The problem as some have said is that we are ruled by clowns. Clowns who try to use smoke screens to cover up their paucity of ideas and bereft thinking after having being 'selected'. To then compound things, we are cowards who never know how to make a stand.
And you know what The whole idea will be abandoned the day they arrest the daughter or son of some Government official, but until then, the rest of the populace will be subjected to this babaric assault on their freedoms.

Bastards!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by omoge(f): 12:37am On Aug 04, 2007
what kind of moral? if you look closer am sure the gov has more than 1 wife and some 'girls' to go out with. there are many things they should be focusing on in Lagos.

those ugly darkish and mouth smelling police. they should be busy Flossing they rotten teeth and leave the women alone.
look at the police leg in there, like they almost drop. lean from lack of food. dirty jobers animal in uniform cry!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by doyin13(m): 12:52am On Aug 04, 2007
I don't even understand why you are polling for such an immoral and evil act.

What the governor has esential done is put the powers over how we dress in the hands of murderous illiterate rapists
without an inkling of aptitude for doing their jobs.

They want to drive us batty o, the bastards.

I am wven shocked that they can go into a university without any form of reprisals by students.

Abi Naija don totally disintegrate since my departure.

O ma ga O
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by easimoni(m): 1:31am On Aug 04, 2007
We need an ACLU-like body to sue the Police. I'm sure no law exists to back up what they did.

O ga ju!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Chiori(m): 4:37am On Aug 04, 2007
This is the same thing the Taliban was doing in Afghanistan and we joined to condemn them. What they are doing in Lagos State is unconstitutional, and an infringement on fundamental human rights. If one choses to walk naked, as long as he does not hurt the wellbeing of others, let him be. This is a major setback for development in Nigeria, a major step in the direction of the Paleolithic Era.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by acidrop(f): 5:17am On Aug 04, 2007
i dont get this, a government is into code of dressing now, wtf!!!!, how lame can nigerian government get, now they are the ones who give nigeria a bad image, is he so jobless? if he want to get involved with code of dressing et him start with his children or household, not a country. OMG
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by tianshie(m): 5:42am On Aug 04, 2007
I wonder where cultists were when those mugs went into Unilag to harrass girls!
What fashola needs to do is get a jockstrap for he and his cabinet.That way he can safely get a hard on on the streets.
Arresting men with braids?  shocked  What has that got to do with anything.It just shows you how clueless and vacuous this government is.
After that who knows what idiocy they might dream up.
I don't see how anybody with half a brain can support this stupidity!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Jakumo(m): 5:42am On Aug 04, 2007
denex:

I rarely agree with Denex on anything, but his response here is very perceptive.  This random arrest and abduction of women in Lagos state is the opening chapter for a sneaky introduction of fundamentalist Sharia law, which classifies women as being of lower status than pack animals.   This mad governor in Lagos state needs to be removed from office BY ANY MEANS POSSIBLE, before his lunacy sparks off civil disorder.

You wait until the daughter or wife of a senior military officer gets kidnapped by some bucktoothed "policeman" with an erection, and then watch those troops mobilise from the barracks to kick-start the REAL shit.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Pain(m): 6:05am On Aug 04, 2007
I Tell U This Is Just The Beginning.

I "Heard" The Lagos Issue Is A Pilot Test For The NationWide Version.

I Also Heard All Men Must Be In Low Cuts And That There is An Impending Ban on the Importation of Braids & Relaxers lipsrsealed

I even Heard U Must Have Your Marriage Certificate With U To Lodge in Any Hotel In Nigeria Very Soon. I Heard Its the "Solution" To the Poverty in Nigeria.

Allah is Angry. lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Jakumo(m): 6:17am On Aug 04, 2007
Uncle Sam ought to be paying very close attention to this brewing storm in Lagos, with a view to targetting the application of some covert preemptive wet work to stop Nigeria descending into anarchy over the madness of one man who rigged his way into power in Lagos state.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 04, 2007
if they succeed in their gameplan, we are all in trouble. the big picture i can see at the end of all this arrant nonsense by yar'dua, oh sorry, fashola is unimaginable!
but let me tell them, they can't turn lagos to katsina or anywhere in the north for that matter that practises this dark age habit.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by MP007(m): 7:06am On Aug 04, 2007
modern day fashion depicts NUDITy. Its all about showing off all the "assests", Its just so sad that ladies now have the perception that the only way to get noticed is my exposing off clivages and booties,

i
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by jockey112(m): 8:10am On Aug 04, 2007
denex:

i think this futher confirmed what denex said. http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/2002/cover/august07/04082007/f604082007.html
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by grafikdon: 8:14am On Aug 04, 2007
MP007:

modern day fashion depicts NUDITy. Its all about showing off all the "assests", Its just so sad that ladies now have the perception that the only way to get noticed is my exposing off clivages and booties,

i

Can you show us the woman with the exposed 'bootie' in that picture? They might as well go house to house arresting women sleeping in their beds with night gowns. Anyone involved in this, including the moronic so called magistrate that couldn't throw away the stone age retrogressive case (abeg our law gurus correct me if I am wrong) ought to be severely punished, those who are found guilty of sexually harassing these women should be thrown away in prison forever. Someone must pay for this atrocity. I am waiting for them to try sneaking in any stone age sharia law in the South East. . . I am just waiting for anything remotely similar to stone age retarded backward anti-mankind law they called sharia.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by gidig(m): 9:03am On Aug 04, 2007
My niece came home last week and said KAI(Kick against Indiscipine) officers were arresting girls in Yaba for their dressing. I did not belive it until I sw this post. I think that the people who have been so treated should take legal action against the government for a very tidy fee. The government agents are stepping outside their bounds. Much as I do not appreciate the dressence of some of our ladies these days, the problem is from the home and it is not the duty of government to be arresting people for the senual dressence or hairstyle. These fashion styles copied from the western media wholesale without filter (including so many folks on these site who cant engage in a simple discourse without resorting to the kinds of swear words you'd only here in hip hop videos)
that many feel that it is the 'in thing' In tha past, you will really be pervert to seek to see a woman's undies-now, it is satring one in the face anywhere and everywhere
A few years ago, Marwa did the same thing arresting people wearing a slit skirt called 'shaba' (named after dance ghall king Shaba Ranks);it did not stop anything. And for the governor who was so moral, was he not detained over stolen Abacha money? Those who are casting the stones should ensure they have no sins too o!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by benit(f): 9:32am On Aug 04, 2007
All this jobless Police men doing this rubbish should be posted to PH to face the militants rather than flexing their lean muscles for unarmed boys and girls in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by otokx(m): 9:34am On Aug 04, 2007
Is Fashola a muslim? Is the commissioner of police a muslim? Where is Gani Fawenmi? Port Harcourt ke, do you want to give them visa to eternity abi na holiday cos dem go throw way their uniform become like civilians.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Elgaxton(m): 9:35am On Aug 04, 2007
@BENIT

Abeg helllep me tell them, Nigeria's problem will always be that of priority and negligence to duty, so na to arrest pple as

dressing na him dey envogue for Police!!! Big Shame on them

I know sey na becos fashola wife no know fashion na him cause all this one, if not!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by akins4(m): 9:41am On Aug 04, 2007
no mind them. why them dey fear arm robbers? and why are they arresting the prostitutes?

the reason is that armed rome with sufisticated weapon which is GUN(ak47), while prostitute rome around with sufisticated weapon call CONDOM. gun can kill while condom cannot.lol lol lol. grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by grafikdon: 9:47am On Aug 04, 2007
akins4:

no mind them. why them dey fear arm robbers? and why are they arresting the prostitutes?

the reason is that armed rome with sufisticated weapon which is GUN(ak47), while prostitute rome around with sufisticated weapon call CONDOM. gun can kill while condom cannot.lol lol lol. grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Ol boy, make we stop calling these women 'prostitutes', or is it now guilty until proven innocent? angry Oh well . . . I guess that's the system of 'sharia' police.

Where is Gani, Where is Agbakoba? This is a time you secretly wish for OPC. These guys must be stopped by ALL MEANS necessary, including but not limited t violence.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by dblock(m): 9:49am On Aug 04, 2007
Nigeria is slowly becoming Saudi Arabia.

This is a serious issue.

We can't have Chinese/Middle Eastern Laws here in Nigeria

We should be striving for a better Democracy, not leaning towards Communism or Sharia.

This is the 21st century.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

OPC Council Disowns Gani Adams, For Betraying Yoruba Nation / Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate / NLC Warning Strike: Banks To Shut Down On Tuesday & Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.