Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,960 members, 7,799,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola (26156 Views)

Poll: Whose side are you on?

Governor Fashola: 42% (93 votes)
Fashionable Lagos ladies: 57% (124 votes)
This poll has ended

Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) / Blame FG For Tanker Explosion – Governor Fashola / Governor Fashola's Contact Phone No. And Email (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by doyin13(m): 4:57pm On Aug 11, 2007
@Jackal

Considering how you attacked A-40 for being poverty stricken, it is quite an about face ur sudden care for poor Lagosians

grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by lovemajek(f): 5:01pm On Aug 11, 2007
what is A-40?
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Imani(f): 10:19pm On Aug 11, 2007
Are we still on this topic? shocked

I was in Lagos recently, i didnt see any overexposed lady. [s]except you walk around looking for some night fun[/s]

Nigerian ladies are still to a large extent conservative in dressing except the nollywood ones. Some nigerian "elders" take it on themselves to correct other people's dressing anyway.

Let the government focus on the more pressing issues facing the society and the unclothedness of a few ladies will be last on his list.

I am all for decent dressing before i am attacked. But defining decency is subjective.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by kitaun(m): 12:12am On Aug 12, 2007
et tu Jackal  shocked  shocked

did u stray in here to look for me? TELL THEM SAY You NO MEET ME FOR HOUSE  tongue  cool

DUDE, shut the hell up and go change your diapers jare, u think say we talk about Rap here or some Man UTD sh@t . . . . angry

WHAT DO You KNOW ABT LAGOS POLITICS? SMALL KID LIKE You WEY NO EVEN REACH AGE TO VOTE  tongue  grin  grin

can u even tell who the local Govt chairman of ur area is? tongue cool
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Jackal(m): 12:39am On Aug 12, 2007
@ KIT,

SHUT UP U CUNT.
How can u be so gullible?
What has knowing ma LG Chairman gast to do with a perverted Governor having erections on Lagos women?
Lagos State Governor is the biggest lunkhead and he has misplaced his priorities by locking women up.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by debosky(m): 12:57am On Aug 12, 2007
Who Introduced LE CHACAL to Politics ? shocked

maybe your[b] hypermetropia [/b]is acting up once again and you mistook this for a SCUMMIE gathering cool

Do you know anything of the Intrigues and goings on in FASHOLA'S GOVERNMENT?

you are here spewing BUNKUM again, leave it to the PROS and go wipe behind your sh@t scummie ears angry

cool
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by zigbo(f): 1:07am On Aug 12, 2007
lmao , . . this has turned into a thread of thousand laughs cheesy
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Jackal(m): 7:48am On Aug 12, 2007
@ Debosky,

I have been talking POLITICS since u were lodged as a seed in someone's SCROTUM so tape it shut.
Its weird when people like u think Nigerians in the diaspora don't know ZILCH about Nigerian Politics.
Anyways, i know more than u and ur goons do about the past, the present and the forseeable future.

Back to earth. . . . . . . . . .
I dont need to know the INTRIGUES and the DRAMA going on in Fashola's government to know he is a KNUCKLEHEAD.
Arresting women for improper dressing is bang OUT OF ORDER.
There are more pressing issues affecting the lives of Lagosians and improper dressing is the last thing that a State Governor should worry about.
Nigeria will be a better place if myopic irritants like U and Fashola are smacked.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by lovemajek(f): 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2007
pls, stop all this nonesence now, we are only expressing diferent opinions not griveness, thank you.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Jackal(m): 12:27pm On Aug 12, 2007
Dont mind all these Pro-Fashola goons spewing balderdash on this thread.
How can any straight-thinking mind support these idiotic laws?
Its pathetic.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by lovemajek(f): 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2007
We are all born equal by diferent women, but do not think equal all the time.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by zigbo(f): 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2007
wow! that was a sermon, phewwww grin
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Chiori(m): 2:46am On Aug 13, 2007
Instead of Governor Fashola to treat issues like indecent hunger, indecent poverty, indecent pay package for civil servants, indecent crime, indecent roads, indecent ritual murder, indecent policies, and indecent politics, he is busy chasing after what will never benefit the average Lagosian - indecent dressing. Tell me, those of you postulating that he is headed in the right direction, how is this going to improve the lots of those who have so far been trodden down by colossal social despair? If these ladies were not under economic crunch, would they need to engage in indecent dressing? Let our leaders stop diverting attention from the real issues to journalese, and if they are already bereft of ideas (that is assuming they ever had any), take the path of honor and resign.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by ovadose(f): 8:30am On Aug 13, 2007
it is only the poor that will suffer. typical draconian lagos laws/ orders
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by denex: 8:52am On Aug 13, 2007
I heard RUMOURS that Fashola has called off his "arrest the sexy" campaign. Well, at least now we can concentrate on more pressing issues like:

TINUBU AND FASHOLA NO DEY DECLARE ASSETS?
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by lovemajek(f): 8:39pm On Aug 13, 2007
dem need more time to acquire more assets.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by seunniji(m): 10:20pm On Aug 13, 2007
Well this is total nonsense, all i know is i am not voting for him 2nd term, i feel for the arrested girl sand guys why cant one wear or put on the style i want , what if one is a model and i wear dred?
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by sino(m): 2:00am On Aug 14, 2007
it is so piteous and saddening to know that 95% of those who posted their views are carried away by what they see and watch in the holly wood movies and even in nollywood, either you are a christian or muslim it it is a known fact that indecent dressing(showing of cleavages and the likes) is prohibited, when i read some views i cant stop feeling sorry for that fellow cos he/she as forgotten is primary assignment on earth which is to worship God. Now on the matter proper i think its a good idea what should be checked is the way the law enforcement agencies go about it.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by jaso1(m): 10:49am On Aug 14, 2007
the issue here is not only about religious as stipulated in the last communique. i understand that some people seem or deliberately deviate from term, "primary objectives" which his excellency is trying to executed. secondly here is a place of views expression, we shouldn't be too aggressive in our views we should try and suggest a mature objectives that's effectively stands to translate best meaning to the govt in place instead of using marshant method.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by deezzle(m): 11:03am On Aug 14, 2007
it is the most preposterous thing i have ever heard in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean, why would a governor abandon real issues and begin messing with people's rights? WTF!!!!!!
I hope its a rumor that he said it cos he is empowering the low lives we have as law enforcers to take out their beef on people. HAs anyone of you seen the movie "Crash"? well, stuff like that and worse will start happening.

If it is tru that he didnt send out that kindd of message then he should come out and say so!
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by denex: 11:23am On Aug 14, 2007
FASHOLA, now that all the sexy women in Lagos have been arrested, can you please publicly declare your assets and that of your predecessor?

Please asset declaration. Now that the charade is over and the facade has been lowered, let's get to the first step of being a governor in this new, transparent Nigeria.

Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola, Declare Your Assets Publicly.

Ex- Lagos State Governor, Bola Ahmed (Amoda) Tinubu, Declare Your Assets Publicly.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Chiori(m): 11:35am On Aug 14, 2007
Fashola is anti-assets declaration. Why else would he be arrested ladies who did nothing other than declare their assets?
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by jaso1(m): 11:44am On Aug 14, 2007
@dennex
i know your type all your arguments here are obsolete you have been corrected often and often still here you are.
if you have been paid for this you better face reality don't trade your personality with mere criticism. what you are doing here is not helping you are only encouraging anarchy, polluting effective comment by lenient friends in NLAND. this is not a place for practising your length in radical OK.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by deor03(m): 3:27pm On Aug 14, 2007
i hope we all recognise that a whole lot of these prostitutes are forced into this profession. If FASHOLA's arrest will deter only one "victim" to be brought to LAGOS for this illicict act then his action is commendable.

Also , there should be a limit to what we do. we like to talk,dress,dance,sing like the AMERICANs & EUROPEANS but when it comes to being PATRIOTIC, QUEING , ORGANISED, TIME CONSCIUOS, ETC we think of the NIGERIAN factor,

We are african that have traditional value
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by deezzle(m): 8:46am On Aug 15, 2007
deor03:

i hope we all recognise that a whole lot of these prostitutes are forced into this profession. If FASHOLA's arrest will deter only one "victim" to be brought to LAGOS for this illicict act then his action is commendable.

Also , there should be a limit to what we do. we like to talk,dress,dance,sing like the AMERICANs & EUROPEANS but when it comes to being PATRIOTIC, QUEING , ORGANISED, TIME CONSCIUOS, ETC we think of the NIGERIAN factor,

We are african that have traditional value

do u wera suits made of ANKARA!!!!! or ties mmade from OFI?
Please, let us call a spade a spade. it is nobody's business wat i wear, dreadlocks is something that i can choose to have. am i commiting a crime by putting on an earing as a guy?
ut is very petty for a gorvernor to face that among all the issues he has before him.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Demolaf: 10:29am On Aug 15, 2007
For all the dummies jumping to conclusions because they have no life.

Nigeria: Fashola Denies Arrest of Indecently-Dressed Ladies

Email This Page

Print This Page

Vanguard (Lagos)

15 August 2007
Posted to the web 15 August 2007

Olasunkanmi Akoni
Lagos

THE Lagos State Government has again debunked the alleged order by the state Governor Babatunde Fashola (SAN) to the police on the arrest of innocent people considered to be indecent in their mode of dressing especially ladies, describing the act as unlawful.

However, in another development, the Lagos State Environmental Task Force confirmed yesterday that it has clamped down on indecent dressing and social miscreants popularly known as "Area boys".

The state Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Bamidele Opeyemi made the clarification at a media briefing on the deliberations of this week Executive Council Meeting, at Alausa Ikeja.

Relevant Links

West Africa
Legal and Judicial Affairs
Nigeria

His words: "There is no offence known to us as indecent dressing, Governor Babatunde Fashola did not and I emphasize, did not at any point in time order the arrest of any category of citizens over such issue of mode of dressing. We are not aware of any offence under the law against indecent dressing. We do not want to be distracted by such trivial matter.

"The Lagos State government has taken notice of police denial of the arrest, and is using this opportunity to call on the police command to ensure henceforth that no innocent citizens are arrested or harassed and bring the perpetrators to book."

Opeyemi added that the state government has contacted relevant law enforcement agencies to ensure immediate compliance that no innocent citizen is arrested or harassed," because they have the right to dress the way they choose.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by brownsilk(f): 12:32pm On Aug 15, 2007
this is ridiculous, really i dont think fashola has anything seriuos to do for now, for petes' sake, we have lots of bad roads in lagos state, there is no electricity in some part of this state and no water and all he has to do, 3 months into his tenure, is too chase young gals and guys all around the street i think his wife must have persuaded him into doing this because rumor has it that she is ugly and complained she did not want any girl to take her husband away from her (if you know what i mean).
i suggest he let the church and islams handle this issue, its their job and none of his business. wait a minute, i heard he is also arresting people with tatoo, what about people with permanent tatoo, should they go cut themselves up? RUBBISH. HE IS STILL EXCITED OF BEEN VOTED INTO THAT POSITION AND HE HAD BETTER NOT MESSED UP, ELSE HE MIGHT JUST HEAR ABOUT IT FROM THE YOUTHS.
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by jossy123(m): 3:02pm On Aug 15, 2007
[color=#006600]hi thanks for babyvic you said one word that afterall Rome was not build for one day but the country Nigeria do u think we really need Government intervention before our girls could know how to dress properly i believe that country need the second coming of Jesus Christ, for me i have travelled out of the country 4 10 yrs now i also realised that Nigeria is good,
for the female dressing provocation let that not be deal let face other issue i know you are a woman i know what you feel just know this that when you are in the market don't expect everybody to move the same direction this the life we are living is everywhere in the world thanks th[color=#000099]
at is my saying i don't know if you can just move as good woman setled down and be good for yourself and one day God will answer to Ur heartdesire those who dress provocation God will also answer them with their heart desire  [/color] [/color]
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by Mariory(m): 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2007
Chiori:

Fashola is anti-assets declaration. Why else would he be arrested ladies who did nothing other than declare their assets?

lol grin
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by jossy123(m): 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2007
thanks i am Johnson Pemco from Edo State Nigeria  i really appreciate what u said Nigeria is still sleeping that is the problem we don't have good leaders u can look on one situation in Nigeria we call it new Government new law so everytime there is changing of government, i can as well say this to the Nigerians they should not vote for anybody because we don't want to be tuning like a radio station or remote controle anylonger is time we wake up i just have to say this is my opinion and fight like a lion many of us have family who really want them to do right the leaders are bad we still jesus christ in that nigeria truth I'm saying because when Jesus first came to the world he did not come Nigeria that is why the leaders have no fear of God the darkness in Nigeria is too much Nigeria should move forward for good not for chasing who dress fine or who put on dread luck everyone have his or her life to live, one more thing you try and inform your police department anytime they herd a call for a crime takiçng place they should take a smart responce to the call not after the armedrobery has gone before going to spot, nigerian police is being train to be chasing prostitute arround and they are the people pretronising the girls
Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by 50kobo: 6:59pm On Aug 15, 2007
People, it is true that the police has been arresting women for ''dressing indecently', as usual the policemen on the ground misinterpret/abuse orders given to them. They should all go back to school!

Basically they are trying to address the root/fuel of crime in the state,, apparently prostitutes protect the armed robbers. The ignoramus policemen instead of doing their jobs as advised by their ogas, have basically interpreted the order as a means to arrest and get more bribe money.

Here is a press statement issued by the police, in response to the whole issue.

Re: Lagos Girls Versus Governor Fashola by 50kobo: 7:05pm On Aug 15, 2007
i think it is good that there has been a public outcry, if we keep silent things will just carry on as usual!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Outcome Of Meeting By Fayose, Kashamu, Mimiko / Reps To Increase Fuel Price By N5 For Roads / Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.