Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Must Read: Why Love Is Not important In A Long Term Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must Read: Why Love Is Not important In A Long Term Relationship (842 Views)

Mary Ehiabhi: Why Love Without Money Is Very Dangerous! / She Forgot My Birthday, Not Important To Her ? / Read Why I Changed From Being Romantic To Being A Monster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Read: Why Love Is Not important In A Long Term Relationship by Pukkalolo: 11:55am On Mar 09, 2022
Back in the days when Tiwa Savage and Tee Billz were engaged to be married (and doing lots of public display of affection), Tiwa was asked by an interviewer about her Romantic relationship with her manager, Billz.

"Our relationship is gonna work because we are in love and we are best friends," Tiwa responded passionately..

But despite the love TeeBillz and Tiwa taught they had for each--few years later, their marriage still turned out to be one of the messiest scandals in the history of the Nigerian entertainment industry. I wasn't so surprised about it.

Back in the days, around 1996, Isaac and Nneka Moses started dating, got engaged and married after meeting on the set of a movie they both acted. They started a culture and tourism TV show "Goge Africa" which was featured on television stations and cable networks and has gannered notable awards.
Nneka was asked by an interviewer about her Romantic relationship with Isaac.

"Our relationship is gonna last long because We are both truthful to each other and we really support each other," Nneka responded confidently.

And it's no coincidence that the "Goge Africa" cronners marriage has lasted for more than 23 years(and still counting) without any media scandal. On a TV interview, Nneka said that not even death can separate her from Isaac... just as Isaac said “I can’t live without her”. Their love story is the type that you'd normally only see on movies: heavenly made.

Issac and Nneka marriage turned out to be very amazing and inspiring; While Tiwa and Bills marriage turned out to pathetic and suicidal... Yes, someone actually tried to jump from the bridge into the river... And it was even not funny because the dude can't swim.
The goal here is not to mock anyone's failed marriage, but there are some hardcore lessons to be learnt here.

Isaac and Nneka, the Goge Africa personalities, had a mature and realistic understanding of love and that's why their marriage is waxing stronger and stronger. In fact in an interview, Nneka confessed that back then when she was still dating Isaac, he was broke and squatting with friends; she was secretly saving money for him to get himself an apartment and start a new life even before he ever proposed to her...and Isaac was also to there for her in her tough times.

That's what we call mature love; and sadly enough, that kind of love is very hard to find these days.

Tiwa and Billz taught they loved each other, but in reality, they were only using each other.
Tiwa met TeeBillz for the first time in Los Angeles during Timaya's plantain boy concert. She has already heard about the club banger song "Yebariba" that TeeBillz did with Sauce kid...
And she already also heard that TeeBillz was quite influential and connected in the Nigeria music industry, so she wanted TeeBillz to help her transition to the Nigerian music industry. And her goals was accomplished. Through her TeeBillz influence she produce her hit song "kelekele love" and she met Don Jazzy.

Tiwa and Billz love for each other was not real because their love was based on outwardly based things: Bill only like her for her singing talent and sexy body while Tiwa only liked him for influence and connection in the Nigeria music industry. They might deny it but that's just the reality.

You won't go far with a person who is only with you for the outwardly based things you have. They only give you fake love. They are not in love with you; they are in love with the outwardly based things they are getting from you. They can only give what I call a fair-weather love. You only have their affection as long as they're getting those things from you... But if you stop giving them those things or they start getting it from someone else, guess what would happen? They'll dump you. The worse thing is, they'll even act like the victim and make it look like it was all your fault.

Nneka loved Isaac for his industriousness and creativity. These are not outwardly based things. All thanks to his creativity, he came up with the "Goge Africa" idea, which blew him up to stardom.

True love doesn't exist but mature love does.
I've met partners who fight and argue almost all the time but settled their issue maturely and they still stick together and support each other in all possible ways they can. This is called mature love.
I've also met quite a few partners who seem madly in love with each other at first...They seem like the perfect couple and lovers, but at the end of the day, their split-up story was unbelievable.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Must Read: Why Love Is Not important In A Long Term Relationship by jogojogo: 7:56pm On Mar 09, 2022
True

1 Like

Re: Must Read: Why Love Is Not important In A Long Term Relationship by Moeman: 8:19pm On Mar 09, 2022
wow.....what a write up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must Read: Why Love Is Not important In A Long Term Relationship by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:34am On Mar 26, 2022
This man!

You're doing a great job.

1 Like

Re: Must Read: Why Love Is Not important In A Long Term Relationship by Chiraq77(m): 9:38am On Mar 26, 2022
Interesting Write Up here Man,I totally loved watching that Show Way Back Mehn,Their Intro Song Kept playing in my head as I read this.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Must Read: Why Love Is Not important In A Long Term Relationship by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 26, 2022
Awesome write up chief...
Re: Must Read: Why Love Is Not important In A Long Term Relationship by Magnoliaa(f): 1:06pm On Mar 26, 2022
Love doesn't not exist, yet you say mature love exists?? ?? ?? How?

1 Like

Re: Must Read: Why Love Is Not important In A Long Term Relationship by winner37(m): 4:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
Nice pen-down.

1 Like

Re: Must Read: Why Love Is Not important In A Long Term Relationship by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 05, 2022
Contradictory writeup.

Love is not important in a long term relationship and then you wrote that Issac and nneka has a mature and realistic understanding of Love
Re: Must Read: Why Love Is Not important In A Long Term Relationship by AMGBoss(m): 4:08pm On Apr 05, 2022
Mature love? I think love is love. Those examples you gave can be regarded as relationship with benefits and as expected, they will fake as love while on camera.
Re: Must Read: Why Love Is Not important In A Long Term Relationship by Savedday: 4:16pm On Apr 05, 2022
9ja girls are out to add more burden to your life instead of softening it. Very fake human being.

They are nothing but useless. All of them...
Re: Must Read: Why Love Is Not important In A Long Term Relationship by Pukkalolo: 10:27pm On Apr 06, 2022
Okonandmary:
Contradictory writeup.

Love is not important in a long term relationship and then you wrote that Issac and nneka has a mature and realistic understanding of Love

My point is, love is only the effect of a solid and mature relationship not the cause.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must Read: Why Love Is Not important In A Long Term Relationship by Pukkalolo: 10:32pm On Apr 06, 2022
AMGBoss:
Mature love? I think love is love. Those examples you gave can be regarded as relationship with benefits and as expected, they will fake as love while on camera.

That's why I said love is not important in a relationship, weda fake or real. There are other things that more important in a relationship..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must Read: Why Love Is Not important In A Long Term Relationship by Pukkalolo: 10:41pm On Apr 06, 2022
Savedday:
9ja girls are out to add more burden to your life instead of softening it. Very fake human being.

They are nothing but useless. All of them...

You are right, there are many girls who will pratically add more burden to your life(these are the useless ones)... but honestly, there also some girls that will actually add value to your life(this are useful ones).

You don't have to worry about finding the useful ones because they'll naturally come to you if you're also a useful person.... What you should be worried about is quickly Identifying the useless ones and walking away from them ASAP

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

7 Signs You Are Dating A Faithful And Loyal Woman / Women Don't Know What They Want / My Aunty's Husband Is Cheating. Do I Tell Her Or Mind My Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.