Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,530 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:20 PM

Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead (17123 Views)

Many Dead As Truck Rams Into Shops In AAUA / Trailer Crashes Into Shops In Lagos (Photos) / Dangote Trailer Crashes Into Shops In Nasarawa State (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by promzy555(m): 4:54pm On Mar 09, 2022
It was weeping and wailing Wednesday morning in the northern Edo town of Auchi, Etsako West Local Government Area as about five persons were feared dead after a trailer conveying cement reportedly crashed into several shops in the city centre.

The exact casualty figure is yet to be determined as of the time of filing this report but going by an eyewitness account, over five persons died in the crash as a result of the devastation caused by the trailer.

The source who gave his name as Mr Sani Aliu alias Igbelela ill-fated vehicle which was coming from the popular upgarage area of the polytechnic town was descending the hill when it suddenly had brake failure and the driver lost control in the process.

Speaking on his mobile phone from Auchi, Sani, a stalwart of the All Progressives Congress (APC) that he was in the company of friends at the nearby Inu Umoru street when he heard a thunderous bang.

The politician said that he was speechless when he got to the scene of the accident which is popularly referred to as Igbo Shade, adding that the vehicle smashed into many shops, killing several persons and destroying goods worth several millions of naira.

He said that sympathizers have been battling for several hours in a desperate effort to pull out corpses from the rubbles of the collapsed buildings and under the chassis of the vehicle.

The eyewitness disclosed that several persons who were injured in the morning fatal auto crash have been rushed to different hospitals in Auchi and neighbouring Jattu for treatment and are presently battling for their lives.

Sani said: “Auchi is in deep mourning. Early this morning, the driver of a trailer conveying cement lost control as a result of brake failure and crashed into the popular Igbo Shade, killing several persons which included traders and buyers. Over five persons are feared dead and several are still trapped in the collapsed buildings. The figure will go up as some of the victims who were seriously injured may die in the hospital. The sigh is gruesome.”

He added that the scene has been cordoned off by a detachment of soldiers from the NICOHO Barracks and some policemen in an attempt to maintain peace and prevent looting by hoodlums.

Determined efforts to speak with Mr Shaibu, the local unit commander were futile as he insisted that he was not competent to speak on the tragedy.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/five-feared-dead-as-trailer-rams-into-shops-in-auchi/

1 Share

Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by empressSkincare(f): 8:42pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ha! So I'm the first to comment on this thread?

Wow!

May the soul of all those that died in the accident find peace and may God give their family the fortitude to bear the loss.

WhatsApp me on the number on my SIGNATURE to learn how to make scented candles!

1 Like

Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by lizzypro: 8:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
cry
Sigh
Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by Madmazel99(m): 8:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
Oh boy! Second trailer accident in a week

1 Like

Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by haiti007(m): 8:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
sad

May God continue to protect us, no where is safe anymore

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
The exact casualty figure is yet to be determined as of the time of filing this report but going by an eyewitness account, over five persons died in the crash as a result of the devastation caused by the trailer.
Gosh!
Want a sad news to read.
May the souls of the departed Rest in Perfect Peace.
cry

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by robinso01(m): 8:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

This world is not my own
I'm just a passing through.

1 Like

Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by jaido007: 8:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
This is serious... Smh
Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by Miraclejunction(m): 8:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
Chai .may their souls rest in peace
We just live to die,enjoy every day you spend on Earth bcus it could be your last
I have a play station 2 for sale(only the console,no pads,and needs to be hacked)
Location lagos
Price 7k
Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by Pnorh(f): 8:44pm On Mar 10, 2022
All these long trucks has done more harm than good,... now Bua, the other day, it was Dangote cement in Akoko road there,... RIP to the lost souls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by crossfm: 8:45pm On Mar 10, 2022
What is going on.

The fear of these trailers on Nigeria road's,is the beginning of wisdom. They are so reckless and they don't value human life.
Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by ladan52994: 8:45pm On Mar 10, 2022
Rest in peace to the dead

1 Like

Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 10, 2022
Dangote truck.

1 Like

Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by Kingibiza(m): 8:45pm On Mar 10, 2022
Nigeria and bad news be like white rice and stew
Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by lexy2014: 8:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
promzy555:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/five-feared-dead-as-trailer-rams-into-shops-in-auchi/

Any time stories like this break, there is never a word as to what happens to the driver or owner of the vehicle. The families of d victims are often left to bury their dead, while the perpetrator is never arrested and prosecuted but allowed to roam free

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by maticar: 8:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ahh, today own is BUA cement

These men never talk wetin dey sup
Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by Awise09(m): 8:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
Bad road contributed to this, also those truck drivers due over stressed by driving all through night and day due to long distance to their destination.
Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by NaijaCuzin: 8:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
I heard its about 20 people that were killed

7 Likes

Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by Nomagaqo: 8:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
Fdgda
Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 10, 2022
dakesi3454:
Chisos hahaha
I never understand reason for your laugh. That they died or what? Nitwit

1 Like

Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by Triangles1(m): 8:49pm On Mar 10, 2022
That's why you don't need to mock people of their predicament because a good health doesn't guarantee to stay alive.

2 Likes

Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:49pm On Mar 10, 2022
Very sad news. May their souls rest in peace
Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by Padipadi(m): 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2022
So bad
Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by Countersam(m): 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2022
Saski123:
Ksbdbd
Your email address says it all

Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by chaseblack(m): 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2022
Chai, Naija road accident dey always fear me
Re: Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead by chaseblack(m): 8:51pm On Mar 10, 2022
Saski123:
Ksbdbd

We Don dey openly sell drugs now, I will never believe I'll ever get a chance to be a drug dealer. So dealing drug Don cheap like this?

G

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Rejects Closure Of Abuja Airport / Pictured: Roofless Main Terminal Of Yola Airport In Nigeria / Customs Checks At Murtala Muhammad Airport, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.