Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected (69187 Views)

Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People / Russian Economy In ‘shock’ Over Western Sanctions, Says Kremlin / Russia Hits Ukrainian Oil And Gas Facilities In Wave Of Attacks (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by ManirBK: 3:07pm On Mar 10, 2022
Russia has banned exports of auto equipment
Russia has banned exports of more than 200 types of foreign-made product until the end of 2022 in a bid to mitigate the impact of western sanctions.

Exports of telecom, agricultural, electrical and technology equipment that were previously imported into Russia from abroad will be affected.

Russia will also ban some timber exports to nations that have "committed unfriendly actions".

Around 48 countries will be affected, including EU and the US.

Banning exports of foreign made goods was "necessary to provide stability on the Russian market", according to an order signed by Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin.

Other items subject to the ban include cars, railway carriages, containers and turbines.

It follows harsh western sanctions on Russia's financial system and energy in response to its invasion of Ukraine.

A growing number of Russian oligarchs have also been hit with asset freezes and travel bans.

According to the most recent figures, Russia is the UK's 19th largest trading partner, with trade between the two nations totalling £15.9bn.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-60689279

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by ManirBK: 3:07pm On Mar 10, 2022
Good one how I wish the ban may cripple UK Government, I hate them a lot because of their hypocrisy to Russia.

399 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by foryourmindlol: 3:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Good one how I wish the ban may cripple UK Government, I hate them a lot because their hypocrisy to Russia.
Imagine the woman selling okpa in your street banning you from coming to her shop. Meanwhile there are 18 other okpa shops in the same street you patronize before coming to hers.

Russia is the UK's 19th largest trading partner, with trade between the two nations totalling £15.9bn.

612 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by OFFICIAL336: 3:31pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Good one how I wish the ban may cripple UK Government, I hate them a lot because their hypocrisy to Russia.
Simple Economics, you no sabi.

The ban is to protect Russian already battered Rouble. This is not a sanction, but an economic stabilization policy.

Do you remember when Buhari put restriction on FX to protect our currency and FX reserve.

Na exactly what Russian did.

448 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Pgateway: 3:32pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
What is your religion?

This fight has shown that religion is the reason for various types of support

196 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by OreMI22: 4:05pm On Mar 10, 2022
Lol......Russia is imposing sanctions on USA. grin grin grin

The sanction thing works like a fight between a billion-dollar conglomerate and a tiny company.
Using Nigeria as an instance, Dangote conglomerate can stop buying sugar cane from a major farmer in Jos, and also influence other buyers not to buy the farmer's produce. To make up the shortfall, it could invest in farmers in Cameroon or Benin to supply it with Sugar cane.

Of course the farmer can fight back by refusing to buy Dangote cement for his one-room shack construction project. However in reality, Dangote can ruin the farmer by blocking 100% of its income while the farmer cannot even hurt 1% of Dangote's business in Jos alone.

Russia is about the size of Texas's economy. Worse still, it is not as innovative as Japan in high-tech goods critically needed in the USA. Therefore, it has almost nothing EXCEPT GAS! Unfortunately, it cannot afford to stop selling its oil and gas because 100% of its income comes from there too. Not to mention that USA has its own abundant oil and gas supplies too.

299 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by dasparrow: 4:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
Let's keep watching as all these wahala continues to unfold. Sanctions upon sanctions. Can these folks - Russia and China - just settle their disputes already?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Ogbuefi2020: 4:24pm On Mar 10, 2022
OFFICIAL336:

Simple Economics, you no sabi.

The ban is to protect Russian already battered Rouble. This is not a sanction, but an economic stabilization policy.

Do you remember when Buhari put restriction on FX to protect our currency and FX reserve.

Na exactly what Russian did.
US is already feeling the heat, and Europe too

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by babyfaceafrica: 4:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by SarkinYarki: 4:33pm On Mar 10, 2022
The Poverty that willl hit UK in the next 5 years will be hard ,so hard they will need handouts from America

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by ChangetheChange: 4:33pm On Mar 10, 2022
grin grin grin
Mumu sanctions that has no weight
Putin is a real comedian

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Reinvented: 4:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
Pgateway:
What is your religion?

This fight has shown that religion is the reason for various types of support
He is obviously a muslim, Munir is islamic name.

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by helinues: 4:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
grin

Issa okay
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Babalawoniger: 4:51pm On Mar 10, 2022
Russia is going through a lot. Putin never envisage this kind of harsh sanctions . He thought it was going to be business as usual.
War, u no win, economy is nosediving, and u need money to prosecute the war. The man has been trapped.

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by huptin(m): 4:51pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:

It won't cripple any government apart from Russia's. This is double jeopardy, Russians have already seen the weakening of their currency, savings and investment have been wiped off and now Prices of goods and services will soar.

This is an own goal. When Buhari closed the borders on rice, what happened to the price of rice? Russians are about to witness something worse!

108 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Horus(m): 4:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
Russia will nationalize assets of foreign firms that leave

Russia’s ruling party, United Russia, said on Wednesday that a government commission had approved the first step towards nationalizing assets of foreign firms that leave the country in the wake of economic sanctions over Ukraine.

United Russia added in a statement on the Telegram messaging app that the commission on lawmaking activity had supported a bill allowing for firms more than 25% owned by foreigners from “unfriendly states” to be put into external administration.

“This will prevent bankruptcy and save jobs,” it said.

Corporate actions to censure Russia over its invasion of Ukraine vary widely, with some firms like US carmaker Ford temporarily shutting down factories but others like British energy company BP promising to exit the country.

United Russia said according to the proposed bill companies who had announced they were leaving Russia could refuse to go into administration if within five days they resumed activities or sold shares, providing that the business and employees remained.

Otherwise, a court would appoint a temporary administration for three months, after which the shares of the new organization would be put up for auction and the old one would be liquidated, it added.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1566069/russia-will-nationalize-assets-of-foreign-firms-that-leave-ruling-party

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by NaughtyBrainiac: 5:01pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Eyah. If wishes were horses...

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by NaughtyBrainiac: 5:07pm On Mar 10, 2022
Russia's loss.

In the end, Russia and Russians will feel the pains more than anyone else.

When several countries sanction you, you lose so much that you will feel the world wants to end.

When one country (Russia) bans several countries, each of the countries will find alternatives in the aspects they are affected.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by JooEeL(m): 5:13pm On Mar 10, 2022
Let's go there. People wey sabi.
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Akpuobi1: 5:13pm On Mar 10, 2022
Er
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by fojiga7339: 5:14pm On Mar 10, 2022
The Poverty that willl hit UK in the next 5 years will be hard

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by NwaNimo1(m): 5:14pm On Mar 10, 2022
Round 7:

[img]https://i./2cu.gif[/img]

9 Likes

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Benny6944: 5:14pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:

call evil evil.

4 Likes

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by oyeb15: 5:15pm On Mar 10, 2022
The West will fall. Something will soon happen to Saudi oil export and crude will become scarce in World market. Russia will sell theirs through black market. Nigeria is already under producing. Crude will reach like $300per barrel and the west will begin to cry.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by gambia(m): 5:15pm On Mar 10, 2022
Putin will be disgraced at last.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by BKayy: 5:15pm On Mar 10, 2022
We warned them.

Russia haven't started and silent revolution is brewing in USA. The masses have realised that capitalism is a scam to protect Thieves who feed on poor peoples blood.

Look at the increase in gas price since the start of Ukraine conflict even though Moscow have not started her own sanctions.

I told you people that it is producers vs Consumers.

25 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns / Obese SA Woman Climbing Ladder To Put Up Her Political Banner / Esther Agbaje Wins Minnesota - US State Assembly Seat (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.