Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. (6037 Views)

Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos / Igbos In Lagos State: My Experience By Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe / Borno: Boko Haram Attacks Four Churches, Kills Pastor, Two Others In Gwoza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by andymola(m): 3:45am On Jun 30, 2011
Hello friends, just got my NYSC call-up letter and was posted to serve in Maiduguri, Borno state. My parents insist I boycott the service due to incessant bombings and killings by the Islamic Sec.(Boko Haram). Pls, I need u guys to advice me on how to get a redeployment cos I can afford to go for the orientation camping only but cant stay there. I grew up in south south and south east, studied in UNN but have never been to North. Your advise will be helpful pls.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by koruji(m): 3:48am On Jun 30, 2011
Even if someone doesn't say it, you need to write a long letter to the NYSC explaining why you cannot go to Borno State. Ask for a new posting and boycot service if they refuse to change it.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by alex14(m): 4:04am On Jun 30, 2011
andymola:

Hello friends, just got my NYSC call-up letter and was posted to serve in Maiduguri, Borno state. My parents insist I boycott the service due to incessant bombings and killings by the Islamic Sec.(Boko Haram). Pls, I need u guys to advice me on how to get a redeployment cos I can afford to go for the orientation camping only but cant stay there. I grew up in south south and[b] south east[/b], studied in UNN but have never been to North. Your advise will be helpful pls.

Are you Igbo? If yes, then you an OAF and EFULEFU angry. Get this straight into your thick skull,,,,NYSC or no NYSC, your life is more/most important than anything else. To get a job, you must be ALIVE first. KEEP OFF anything northern territory, unless you are ready to arm up while serving the dungeon called nigeria. You better take your parents' advice and boycott that shy.t called NYSC

Then again, if you're not IGBO, you are free to go up north to boko haram land. I believe one of them boko haramist is a member of NL who will be willing to lead you to the slaughter house,,,his ID/name is alh boko harem aka ndu chuks.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Osama10(m): 4:33am On Jun 30, 2011
alex_101:

Are you Igbo? If yes, then you an OAF and EFULEFU angry. Get this straight into your thick skull,,,,NYSC or no NYSC, your life is more/most important than anything else. To get a job, you must be ALIVE first. KEEP OFF anything northern territory, unless you are ready to arm up while serving the dungeon called nigeria.

Then again, if you're not IGBO, you are free to go up north to boko haram land. I believe one of them boko haramist is a member of NL who will be willing to lead you to the slaughter house,,,his ID/name is alh boko harem aka ndu chuks.

grin grin grin
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Nobody: 4:36am On Jun 30, 2011
Osama10:

grin grin grin

What was funny about that foolish post?
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Osama10(m): 4:38am On Jun 30, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

What was funny about that foolish post?

Don't you see the bolded?
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Nobody: 4:40am On Jun 30, 2011
Osama10:

Don't you see the bolded?

Stereotyping someone because of their ethnic background is funny? Grow up, plz.
There's no diff between MASSOBs of the SE and the Boko harams of the North, this is a serious issue. Not child's play.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Osama10(m): 4:45am On Jun 30, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Stereotyping someone because of their ethnic background is funny? Grow up, plz.
There's no diff between MASSOBs of the SE and the Boko harams of the North, this is a serious issue. Not child's play.

Hmmmmn, so because something someone said made me laugh I should grow, na wa for some mamas oh.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Musiwa42: 4:46am On Jun 30, 2011
the south should boycott nysc. it is for the best. it is not over. there will be trouble ahead.   the yoruba stand is no nysc.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by udezue(m): 5:45am On Jun 30, 2011
The OP is a fooool. Go there and die if u want. You don't need us or ur parents to even tell u not to go.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 30, 2011
My broda, going there fo dat orientation s even dangerous! How are u sure u will get to d camp alive? How are u so sure d camp will not b bombed? Remember ts BOKO Haram and u will be smelling BOKO frm head tn toe, and since u ar just new there from the south you may nt be able t speak a word of Kanuri or Hausa, that make you a perfect target! Please tink about ur life, ur future b4 u embark on dis journy to HELL.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 30, 2011
[size=50pt]BOYCOTT O![/size]
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by naijaking1: 8:48am On Jun 30, 2011
Post a copy of your will here on N/L so that when it happens we'll open a long thread for you angry
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 30, 2011
Why the hell is NYSC still posting corpers to Borno State?

All those northern flash-points ought to have been delisted from the scheme months ago
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by olawalebabs(m): 10:45am On Jun 30, 2011
hmmmmmmmmmmm, There are many things involve, is either you go there and face boko haram. south east, arm robbers, south south- kidnappers, south west- NURTW wahala. Abeg where safe for Nigeria sef?
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by otokx(m): 10:56am On Jun 30, 2011
This is serious
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by violent(m): 11:09am On Jun 30, 2011
You are seriously looking for an advise on whether to risk gruelsome death or not?  Your parents should not be advising you, they should be flogging you for even thinking it!

Write a letter to NYSC, . . . .lie, do anything. . . .tell them your wife's just been delivered of triplets and you couldn't possibly leave her alone at this time.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by seanet03: 11:18am On Jun 30, 2011
Please can i be one of the beneficiaries of your will?
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Jkorokoro: 11:32am On Jun 30, 2011
^^^^^^^

u wan benefit from debt. person wey never serve, which money him get?
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by semid4lyfe(m): 11:46am On Jun 30, 2011
My sister also saw her posting yesterday and she was posted to Taraba. When she told me, my response was ''ko si problem. . .I go just carry you go meet my Jazz man make hin do ''odeshi'' for you'' grin

Popsie was lamenting that his two girls (this one and the one before her) were sent to the North and his boys who are more rugged, mature and street smart were posted to S/W & S/E states when they served some few years back.

Anyway, na only 3 weeks she go spend for there as she go redeploy come Lagos or go Abuja immediately after the orientation.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by apoti(m): 1:06pm On Jun 30, 2011
@OP, Do you remember the following names: Adewumi Seun (Ekiti), Teidi Olawale Tosin (Kogi), Adowei Elliot (Bayelsa), Okpokiri Obinna (Abia), Gbenjo Ebenezer Aypotunde (Osun), Ukeoma Ikechuwku Chibuzor (Imo), Nwazema Anslem Chukwuonyerem (Imo), Adeniji Kehinde Jehleel (Osun) and Akonyi Ibrahim Sule   angry angry

They all got their call-up letters like you just did and headed for the death zone like you are about to do. The only difference between you now is that they cannot reverse the choices they made cry  cry but you still have a chance to choose between life and death.

A word is enough for the wise  undecided

1 Like

Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Bensonite: 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2011
Well, I do not think u need advice but flogging so you can remember when attempting to make a wrong decision.guy pls bone this bullshit called nysc.apply for exemption on health grounds.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by mbulela: 2:08pm On Jun 30, 2011
i have a funny feeling that OP is just seeking attention nd was never posted to Borno state.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by zmurda(m): 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2011
Run and don't look back!!
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by mallorca(m): 2:12pm On Jun 30, 2011
z-murda:

Run and don't look back!!
seconded
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:14pm On Jun 30, 2011
I bet you quickly checked your calendar to see if it's April 1st, b'cos let's face it, this has got to be some kind of windup, a sick joke by those NYSC pen-pushers. As if they'd even discuss posting their relative to such a place , let alone actually doing it.

Is there actually anything to debate on this issue? It's a no-brainer, unless or course you have a death wish.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 30, 2011
no wahala na your prick them go use do suya
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by OCHULORC(m): 2:22pm On Jun 30, 2011
My fellow lion or lioness, i think a word is enuf 4 d wise. dont tempt ur God. its not been easy 4 me since my younger brother was posted there last yr nov. my heart leaps each time i hear of a blast in borno. i call him everyday 2  be sure dat he's still allive. i've decided 2 undergo some prayer sessions on his behalf for God 2 c him thro back to lagos after september. just be wise.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by alfablondy: 2:27pm On Jun 30, 2011
mbulela:

i have a funny feeling that OP is just seeking attention nd was never posted to Borno state.

whether the op is seeking attention or not some people from the south will be posted to same Borno state and thesame advice still applies. They should boycott, who says you cannot make progress and be successful in life without NYSC. a scheme that is not 100% relevant in Nigeria not to talk of the outside world.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by kunlej2: 2:28pm On Jun 30, 2011
nysc directorate is sick to send any corp member to such a state at this crucial time.
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 30, 2011
Cant you contest the posting or something?

Can't you pay them to change your location?
Re: Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. by Spyker: 2:31pm On Jun 30, 2011
I will simply advise you to get a lawyer to write for redeployment to another state where Boko Haram and their likes don't operate, if need be, get a copy of the NYSC Act and let him quote the relevant section that permits you to seek for redeployment. Make sure this letter is copied to the Human Rights Activists, Attorney General of the Federation, the National Assembly and all those who are saddled with the responsibility of  the NYSC. If they refused, sue them for damages for deliberate denial, make sure it is made public by copying media houses.

I bet you, they will post you even to your home state.

If you think this is a bad option, just write your will and head for Maiduguri.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghana’s Economy Cursed And Broke – Duncan-williams / 2023 Igbo Presidency Final List ; APC Rotimi Amaechi , Onyema . PDP Wike , Umahi / NDDC Scam: 12 Billion Naira Bridge Constructed By Akpabio Collapse In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.