Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Mtn New Number (0810) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn New Number (0810) (17989 Views)

MTN New Data Plan For Android One Phones - N500 For 1GB / NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans / MTN New Tariff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn New Number (0810) by ASANIGBO(m): 7:03am On Jun 30, 2011
So Mtn Nigeria now has 7 numbers, are they the only network in Nigeria?
The number are as follows:-

And now
Is not too much for 1 network to have all these number within 8years of operation, pls friend what do think about this mtn issue.
Hoping to hear everyone's contribution towards this before this will get out of hand.
Re: Mtn New Number (0810) by aieromon(m): 7:30am On Jun 30, 2011
It's not too much for one network since the others are not ready to square up to competition.
MTN,unlike the other operators,is a very shrewd business.The others berra review their business models because the rate at which MTN subscribers is increasing is rather alarming.
Re: Mtn New Number (0810) by ASANIGBO(m): 3:37am On Jul 01, 2011
Thanks for your view, lets hear others.
Re: Mtn New Number (0810) by Mobinga: 6:48am On Jul 01, 2011
MTN bribing NCC. Nothing Else.
Re: Mtn New Number (0810) by oladuro(m): 2:00pm On Jul 01, 2011
ASANIGBO:

So Mtn Nigeria now has 7 numbers, are they the only network in Nigeria?
The number are as follows:-

And now
Is not too much for 1 network to have all these number within 8years of operation, pls friend what do think about this mtn issue.
Hoping to hear everyone's contribution towards this before this will get out of hand.

I think it is rather unfortunate for one network to dominate the whole market such things never happen in other parts of the world it can only happen here in Nigeria where we have a system that is not working.Everybody is running its own show. The major problem is that our leader in almost every sphere are indifferent , they only reacts when it affect them either directly or indirectly. MTN CARRY GO.problem is that our leader in almost every sphere are indifferent , they only reacts when it affect them either directly or indirectly. MTN CARRY GO.
Re: Mtn New Number (0810) by dydroy: 2:34pm On Jul 01, 2011
Mobinga:

MTN bribing NCC. Nothing Else.

+1
Re: Mtn New Number (0810) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 01, 2011
@ o.p, what do u mean by 'b4 it gets out of hand'? i.e less they virtually become a monopoly?
etisalat need to up dia game.it's not enough to have d lowest tariffs.they need 2 spread their tentacles coverage wise
Re: Mtn New Number (0810) by ASANIGBO(m): 6:06pm On Jul 03, 2011
Good ones, more replies.
Re: Mtn New Number (0810) by NumberOne2(m): 1:41pm On Aug 21, 2011
Why all the beef? I'm not a marketer for the network in question but just take a look at your phone contacts and see how many numbers are from this network. The issue is not with the network. You don't need to go far, just ask your friends why they use the network. I'm sure some posters here use this network.
Re: Mtn New Number (0810) by goggs(m): 3:40pm On Aug 21, 2011
oladuro:

I think it is rather unfortunate for one network to dominate the whole market such things never happen in other parts of the world it can only happen here in Nigeria where we have a system that is not working.Everybody is running its own show. The major problem is that our leader in almost every sphere are indifferent , they only reacts when it affect them either directly or indirectly. MTN CARRY GO.problem is that our leader in almost every sphere are indifferent , they only reacts when it affect them either directly or indirectly. MTN CARRY GO.

dudes lets be serious. MTN is dominating cos its business strategy is good QED ! did anyone put a gun to anyone's head to use MTN? i dislike MTN cos of their stingy network BUT you have to give it to them, they are investing in robust infrastructures and that attracts consumers, they get the best brains, have low operation margins etc. that's business! pray what can the government do? other networks need to brush up their acts. chikena!

glo is notorious for sacking people with no warning (one man show) putting young people bearly out of puberty to be directors (cos they are ogas children) for such a complex managerial undertaking, notorious for failed promises (4g, connection of glo 1 across west Africa, landines, cdma, 2nd national carrier services, launching in Ghana etc) sauve customers take them as unserious.

airtel is so unstable, they may have changed ownership by this time tomorrow. that is bad for customer loyalty.

etisalat is a late entrant. yet to commit serious cash for strong network connection throughout the country. even if they do, it will take a couple of years to get to the level of MTN. Nigeria is a big country.

NITEL? dead as a dodo.

MTN know all these and until serious competition comes, they will continue to be dominant and fix prices as they wish. another way is for consumers to ditch them so as to send a strong message that they are unhappy. as my people will say better soup na money make am. if you want services, you might as well pay for it or endure the bad to send the message.

p.s. i use glo for my voice and data connection
Re: Mtn New Number (0810) by hillsate: 4:28pm On Aug 21, 2011
I have said it oh, and will keep saying it. M.TN has deployed guys to fix their fast falling image on all nigerian online media. I am not surprised by some of the speeches by guys here in favour of M.TN.

And to answer someone's question here, the reason M.TN has more subscribers is that they were amongst the first to open shop in Nigeria. And most people are known by their MT.N

Bottom line, M.TN has nothing to offer nigerians than to reap them of their hard earned money
WHAT JUSTIFICATION DOES M.TN HAVE FOR CHARGING 50K/S ON M.T.N. TO M.T.N CALLS WHILE OTHERS ARE CHARGING BETWEEN 12-15K/S TO OTHER NETWORKS?

RUB.B.ISH NETWORK.

Seun and MOD's ban me again i have said it again.
Re: Mtn New Number (0810) by goggs(m): 9:10pm On Aug 21, 2011
nigerians. need to understand that unless we boycott MTN all talk about the company reaping off Nigeria will just be a waste of time. we talk and do nothing still going back to our 0803 etc. once the truth is told the person telling it must be an MTN mole!

two things must happen; either we ditch the network or the competition improves enough to change MTN killer tariff. its so simple.
Re: Mtn New Number (0810) by luluosas(m): 12:12am On Aug 31, 2011
And how has these numbering series translate to cheaper call rate on their network? NCC is handicap here. Until Nigerians starts to take their destiny in their hands, MTN will continue to rip them. Thank God, I am a diehard subscriber.
Re: Mtn New Number (0810) by bigfather(m): 2:53am On Sep 06, 2011
hillsate:

I have said it oh, and will keep saying it. M.TN has deployed guys to fix their fast falling image on all nigerian online media. I am not surprised by some of the speeches by guys here in favour of M.TN.

And to answer someone's question here, the reason M.TN has more subscribers is that they were amongst the first to open shop in Nigeria. And most people are known by their MT.N

Bottom line, M.TN has nothing to offer nigerians than to reap them of their hard earned money
WHAT JUSTIFICATION DOES M.TN HAVE FOR CHARGING 50K/S ON M.T.N. TO M.T.N CALLS WHILE OTHERS ARE CHARGING BETWEEN 12-15K/S TO OTHER NETWORKS?

RUB.B.ISH NETWORK.

Seun and MOD's ban me again i have said it again.

Point of correction : ECONET was the first GSM mobile network in Nigeria. So how come MTN overtook them ? They have nothing to offer and yet they have well over 40MILLION CUSTOMERS. Abeg make una leave them o'jare !
Re: Mtn New Number (0810) by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:32pm On Sep 06, 2011
all this figures na lie.

there is absolutely no way they sell lines with the entire number range listed above

thats 8 digits o- 0803 XXXXXXXX

lets some one savvy with maths tell us how many lines will be in one range, then multiply it by the 7 different sets they supposedly have.

there marketing is getting results as can clearly be seen on this thread's responses. u pple actually believe they have such number of subscribers? grin grin grin grin grin

they are likely the market leader, but the gap aint like that bo. their tarrifs are crazy, they are making almost double what others make on the same service hence the claims of superiority . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

PS:NL is a popular site at MTN offices. i KNOW a few staff here wink wink wink
nor dey allow dem package una joor
Re: Mtn New Number (0810) by Fadajasi(m): 11:50am On Sep 07, 2011
, Ãήϑ still the worst network I₪ Nigeria *smd*
Re: Mtn New Number (0810) by bigfather(m): 3:38pm On Sep 07, 2011
Fadajasi:

, Ãήϑ still the worst network I₪ Nigeria *smd*

Still the worst and they are FLOURISHING ?
Re: Mtn New Number (0810) by Fadajasi(m): 6:45pm On Sep 08, 2011
That's Naija for you, the good ones don't get to florish

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Most Anticipated 5G Smartphones You Would Definitely See In 2019 / Teleology Takes Over Nigeria’s 9mobile / Five Reasons To Update Your Phone Software Regularly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.