Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? (13611 Views)

Is 130k Job Offer Good For Someone Living At Iju Ishaga / Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. / 15k Salary Job....life After Graduation Is Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Munikbabe(f): 6:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
Globalistic:
Hotel environment is where you meet Good, Bad and Ugly people.

As a Receptionist and you're well RECEPTIVE, I assure you that you might not be touching your monthly salary. More so, you might meet your DESTINY HELPER.

Finally, follow your Spirit!

God bless you.
Thank you
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by DaddyGngeess(m): 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
Munikbabe:

Yeah. People have been saying that but ......? God will see me through. Thank you

And is true, I am saying from experience and u can easily meet nice people too that will help you, I have a receptionist that has been working with me for six months now she was recently offer a better paying job than my hotel, she just left last week, in life if someone is ready to work salary shouldn't stop that person. Take care and do your job well
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by CaptainFM1: 8:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
Munikbabe:

I have done that oo. Mr mathematician, thank you for your comment

So what more do you want that you have to post this common sense question? If you know what to do, why in the world are you asking again?
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by phemmyfour: 8:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
Munikbabe:

Thank you
you are welcome babe
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Johel(m): 10:14pm On Mar 12, 2022
Munikbabe:
Please, is it advisable for someone living on the mainland to take a hotel receptionist job of 40k on the Island??
They have staff quarters too.
Please, help a sister out with your thoughts on this biko

Too small....60k will be fair.
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by jaxxy(m): 12:01am On Mar 13, 2022
Munikbabe:
Please, is it advisable for someone living on the mainland to take a hotel receptionist job of 40k on the Island??
They have staff quarters too.
Please, help a sister out with your thoughts on this biko

If the accommodation is decent then it’s not bad as a stint job.
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by amEmmy(f): 12:35am On Mar 13, 2022
CrazyMan:

If you have nothing doing at the moment I'll advice you to take it, reason being that they have staff quarters which means you won't be paying for rent.

Also since it's a hotel, you certainly would be getting free meal tickets meaning you won't be spending money on food.

Finally in hotels you can meet really nice people who can connect you to much better jobs.

So rather than being idle and jobless, you can choose to work and earn a monthly stipend whilst waiting for a much better offer.

Good luck.

This right here is apt. I did a job of 40k from Ikorodu to yaba for 7 months. The job was a platform for a better offer. Instead of staying idle at home, go out & build connections. However if you have something doing, you mat consider your options carefully. Above all, May God's grace favour as many who are trusting Him for better livelihood

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by wwwihy: 3:41am On Mar 13, 2022
sheanzy:
so you mean she will be getting 10k per day, that's 70k a week, in a month that's 280k.

So you want to tell that an average moi moi seller makes an average of 280k a month.

You nairalanders won't cease to amaze me

That is even very small...if you in Lagos, just ask those traders and hawkers of food. That is the assignment for you.
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 13, 2022
NigAmbassador:

It depends....
What's the distance btw your house and work? Cost of transportation and time to get to and fro.
Cost of living on the Island, should you decide to live in the staff quarters
Any deductions on staff quarters from your Gross or Net Income?
etc

Also pray to God....

The above will guide you better... Keep smiling

Small thing una don mention God.

Nigerians are the most annoying religious people in the world. Always mentioning God and failing to use common sense.
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by holleyboy: 4:44pm On Mar 13, 2022
Brilliant idea! "An idle mind is the devil's workshop.
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Riscawendy(f): 6:07pm On Mar 13, 2022
The salary is not bad for a start. You are working as a receptionist, my dear if you are prayerful, if you are courteous, if you are friendly and if you are humble you will make up to x2 of your salary by the end of the month, with that you can save up money for your own business.

One last advice from the first day at work make it clear to your boss or client that you are there to work and not to flirt. If they know you as that kind of lady, nobody will mess with you.
Re: Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? by Tobijays: 12:51am On Apr 02, 2022
Stankovic22:
2018 I took a job with ForteSoft (NIIT) and was earning N47,500 after task as an IT instructor.

I stayed on the job became my house was close to work. I would trek (saving N100) about 1.6km from my house to where I will take boat N20. After the boat I'd take bike N100 to my destination. Coming back was the same thing, so for Tfair I was spending N240 daily (but if I chose to take bike from house I will be spending N440).

Feeding was another headache. After 6months pay was increased to 51,500 after tax. Then after 1yr and 6months pay was increased to 59,500 after task then immediately I clocked 2yrs pay was increased to 61,500.

The job was just vexing me because I could see how much we were generating For them but to pay something reasonable was a problem.

I ended up resigning and went into street to hustle like a school dropout is 2020

I was hustling legit under sun and rain and was making an average of 20k daily. Some days I even make 100k some days 60k. There was a day I made 200k.

I couldn't sleep all night, I was just crying and praying.

What I couldn't achieve in the two years I spent with that company, in one year I got everything.

I told this story to encourage you, for now you need the money but just know that you must plan your exit very well. There is so much money doing menial jobs than staying in the office speaking English but earning peanut.

My mom sells fruits in The night (6pm to 10pm) and I can tell you that she makes profits of more than 3k daily from her fruit business.

Intelligent people are so broke because many are certificate and office work conscious, they see those hustling on the streets as less privileged not knowing they those people earn far better than the people they call Oga
please do you mind to share what hustles you did back then, it could be very helpful for others

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please How Well Paid Are Teachers In Private Secondary Schools In Port Harcourt? / Lagos State Teaching Jobs July 2021 / Apply For Michael Stevens Consulting Fresh Job Recruitment (11 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.