Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,240 members, 7,807,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts (56501 Views)

FG Bars Online Banks From Accessing Customers’ Photos, Contacts / FG Approves 173 Loan Apps, Bars Illegal Online Banks / FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by TheOgaBoss: 3:19pm On Mar 12, 2022
crystalpapers:
And I dey owe okash. Ijoya ijoya grin grin grin
is okash not owned by opay?
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by stasius: 3:22pm On Mar 12, 2022
They should also ban Wema bank.
They use their bank for fraud with reckless abandon.
How can u pay into an account number that has no address?

5 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by stasius: 3:23pm On Mar 12, 2022
BAN WEMA BANK!

4 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by TheOgaBoss: 3:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
Pastorsmile:
Long over due.!!! My phone's are bombarded daily with people's pictures, phone numbers and details of so called loan defaulters.
Is this how we are going to continue?
If some one owns and hasn't paid, I think there are much saner ways to go about it.

The thing now, is that individuals have abducted the uncultured method. If they carry out hasn't received their orders, the next you see is, your pic and information on relatives phone's.
How come u know a lot of people who are debtors?

2 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by kolawoleahmed(m): 3:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
Abeg make collect my shares before u end their markets
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Leoleo1(m): 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2022
You seemed to have made some sense....May be just 2% sense. Which survey did you conduct to tell you only Nigerians are indisciplined when it comes to loan repayment?
You leave the real issue of u registered businesses making peoples lives miserable. People have committed suicide coz of these idiots and you think you make any sense?
When u give out a loan, you already assume the risk of not getting it back. Meanwhile, being unable to repay your debt isn't a crime anywhere in the world. It's just unfortunate

Yancy:
Nigerians & indiscipline. SMH
A lot of people are very happy about this development. These companies offer their services to help in times of emergency yet people intentionally collect loans when they know they won't pay back. If people paid back loans then they won't have had to use drastic measures to get it back. Some will borrow money from you & will not pay back at the agreed time. Here in the west, you can't try that sh*t. You go pay the money with interest complete. No be credit history? e go always wait for you for front.
It amazes me that as the Government builds, yet people vandalise. Speaks alot about we as a people. Then we complain that the country is toxic. When the loan guys close down, next time when you need urgent 5k, please go & meet the government you're complaining to. Yeye dey smell.

4 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by KillJoy62(m): 3:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
Here's one of the Useless Soko loan agent number 07048479171, this girl is very rude and can disturb 4 Africa. Pls kindly call her and sympathize with her folks.

7 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Leoleo1(m): 4:13pm On Mar 12, 2022
Truly spoken like a child. Better not lend anyone any money you cant part with. Nothing in life is guaranteed

MadamVanessa:

shocked

Nice one if it's true.

This thing has plunged a lot of people into pitiable debt.

But I don't know how someone can loaned money and find it very hard to pay back on the agreed date. When the loan company start disgracing them, they start crying foul. Some of them will run to nairaland to seek for help. Very stupid and uselesssss people infact thieves. I don't blame loan companies at all for their actions.
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Tumbulum: 4:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Nice one if it's true.

But I don't know how someone can loaned money and find it very hard to pay back on the agreed date. When the loan company start disgracing them, they start crying foul. Some of them will run to nairaland to seek for help. Very stupid and uselesssss people infact thieves. I don't blame loan companies at all for their actions.
Tell yourself the truth and face it. Is it ethically right to loan money on interest of 50% in 7days and then additional 2.5% per day in the case of default. Their business method is not human at all and they are the cause of their problem. Only a desperate individual will take such loan and there is a higher chance he will default.

6 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Mikematrix(m): 4:35pm On Mar 12, 2022
Give More Value To Your Staying Online by advertising for our company, using Just your PC or smartphone in Making minimum Of #12,000 Weekly

Join Our Group To See More Testimonies From Members

���������

https:///BqxIJ3oc6wHGWwQAAnEbKl

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by flexyrule(m): 4:42pm On Mar 12, 2022
mrvitalis:

It's not my fault u can't comprehend

This argument started with him saying intimidation and threat are not used to recover loans

I asked him to go look how repossession is done because stalking , Intimidation ,threat are all used ...the idea of repo is to shame the defaulter

If u can't link the two point it's not my business
Oh please, just shut up.
You've been occupying space typing nonesense.
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by flexyrule(m): 4:45pm On Mar 12, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Sokoloan is there. But they now go by many names, including Go Cash and Fast Money.

Their office has been locked up as we speak.

Their workers had the audacity to stop the agencies involved in the sting operation from leaving, but the police fired into the air, and cleared them.

All their equipment have been seized, and their office locked up.

The FCCPC are in collaboration with NITDA, ICPC, and the Nigerian Police.
There was no need shooting a single bullet there.

Just publish their office address and leave the rest for their customers.

1 Like

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by 1sherlockHolmes: 4:49pm On Mar 12, 2022
hhahahh im happy i have borrowed from all of them chaiiii

1 Like

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by crystalpapers(m): 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2022
Is okash not owned by opay?

Yes
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Chigozirimkpoma: 5:06pm On Mar 12, 2022
lifenija:
u need dik in ur life

That's all you can offer?

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Bbbw: 5:23pm On Mar 12, 2022
Really
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by 1sherlockHolmes: 5:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
Bbbw:
Really
its true i tried repaying on easycredit its showing me error illegal params
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by PrinceOfLagos: 5:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
NGArmyTerrorist:
They can either go to bank for loan now or go hungry because they're never a good neighbor! Those who thought that the loans they collected will be wiped out, rejoice not. All your data, everything in your phone are still with them, no escape!
The report states that there illegal loan operators account has be frozen, their laptops seized and offices shut down . Meaning the loan companies are no longer in possession of debtors information .

And with banks frozen, which account will debtors pay back loan they collected ?

The possibility of the government wiping out debtors information from the seized computers are 90% sure .... So it's a win win situation for the debtors

2 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Dagrace01(m): 5:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Nice one if it's true.

Spot on!
U access a loan app, read their terms and conditions, know their interest rate and due date and went ahead to apply for the loan..
Isn't it an act of cheating when u started complaining about the things u have read when the due date arrive?
I've seen people who are so dogged about not paying their loans back, not that they don't have but they just wanna cheat.
Thousands of youths are reasonably employed by these loan companies, I wonder what their fate will be if these companies are shut down, instead I think some standards and regulations should be given to these companies instead of outrightly shutting them down..
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Dagrace01(m): 6:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

The report states that there illegal loan operators account has be frozen, their laptops seized and offices shut down . Meaning the loan companies are no longer in possession of debtors information .

And with banks frozen, which account will debtors pay back loan they collected ?

The possibility of the government wiping out debtors information from the seized computers are 90% sure .... So it's a win win situation for the debtors

And that's good right?
Thousands of people are rendered jobless while debtors that read the terms and conditions before going ahead to borrow go scot free..
Nemesis will catch up with the bad party between the loan apps and the borrowers..
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by PrinceOfLagos: 6:11pm On Mar 12, 2022
Dagrace01:

And that's good right?
Thousands of people are rendered jobless while debtors that read the terms and conditions before going ahead to borrow go scot free..
Nemesis will catch up with the bad party between the loan apps and the borrowers..

The loan operators are criminals for operating illegally in the country, not paying tax to the government and also for collecting high interest rate from loans issued to people..

They deserve what the got

2 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Pastorsmile: 6:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
]How come u know a lot of people who are debtors?

Iam into some TV and radio programs and the phone number is usually mentioned during our programs.
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Plus10(m): 6:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
Dagrace01:

Spot on!
U access a loan app, read their terms and conditions, know their interest rate and due date and went ahead to apply for the loan..
Isn't it an act of cheating when u started complaining about the things u have read when the due date arrive?
I've seen people who are so dogged about not paying their loans back, not that they don't have but they just wanna cheat.
Thousands of youths are reasonably employed by these loan companies, I wonder what their fate will be if these companies are shut down, instead I think some standards and regulations should be given to these companies instead of outrightly shutting them down..
What stop them from doing the right thing by operating legally,imagine a loan firm with over 800 staff yet is not registered with CAC,no physical address, no paying of tax,imploys dubious loan recovery methods by name shaming defaulters. I abeg FG did the right thing,those employees affected should look for a befitting job after all they have been hiding their identity to avoid public lynch.

1 Like

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Proboy21: 6:39pm On Mar 12, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Nice one if it's true.

You must be one of their agent bastard, it's possible that you might not be able to pay on the due date that iss why there is over due charges and penal charges and upon All this the companies still go ahead to defamed in as little as 1 day default upon the over due Interest they have put and I can tell u categorically that most people that get the loan want to pay back but the way the agents will disgrace you just fir 1 day default is not nice

1 Like

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by overlord77: 6:39pm On Mar 12, 2022
unitysheart:
It is long overdue.

Don't rejoice yet, it's Nigeria. These Chinese mafias have the money, they will just bribe their way through this and resume their illegal business as usual.

1 Like

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by thedonemmy(m): 6:40pm On Mar 12, 2022
May be the Loan Companies are being owned by Russians... LOL!
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Proboy21: 6:42pm On Mar 12, 2022
Dagrace01:

And that's good right?

It shall not be well with the jobs they have. Is that one a job, a job you will unneccessarily insult people for no reason anjob u will defame people And u call that one a job

1 Like

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by flexyrule(m): 6:51pm On Mar 12, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

So You think debtor's data are stored on their laptop computers only...

Those companies have their headquarters in China, France, India etc. That's were their servers and debtors data are.

To effectively clamp them down, the FG has to work with banks and payment solutions providers such as Paystack Flutter wave, monify etc. to block thea0 transmission of repayments and disbursements.

Better still, they should just intensify efforts towards locating their hideouts, when their operational bases are found, no need going there to arrest anyone or sieze anyone's property, just alert the general public and watch how Nigerians can resolve issues in the African way.

2 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by maasoap(m): 7:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
olaboy33:
Even with the stability of digital banks over the years, I still have troubles keeping substantial amount with them.

Not because they are not to be trusted, but because the Nigerian government can wake up tomorrow and give a policy these banks would not be able to survive.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

By the way, those online banks were shut down because they were operating illegally.

If you can get a loan from a duly registered loan app from the comfort of your phone with no collateral, accepted their terms and conditions, there is no reason you shouldn't pay back your loan.

Whatever legal means they chose to recover their loans if you default, after accepting their conditions, you shouldn't complain of.

Okay, what FG is saying now is that some of them are using loan recovery methods that are not legal
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Bergavis: 7:32pm On Mar 12, 2022
Useless loan companies. Yesterday I borrowed 18k from one of the loan companies to pay back 25k in a week. How na? Abegi, me pay back? Mcheeeew

3 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by dvkot(m): 7:42pm On Mar 12, 2022
The worst a loan company should do to you is to lower your credit score not shaming you its NEVER proper

2 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by AkaraAndBread: 7:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
Aderewah:
Lol. What about their loans?

We no go pay them again be dat naa.

Why should we make payments to a company operating illegally in our country.?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Compare Nigeria's Naira To Other African currencie and Be Shocked At The Result. / Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria / Nigerian Millionaire Throwing Money In The Air (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.