Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic (10156 Views)

Domestic Violence Is Not Gender Specific / Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by onimcee1(m): 12:12pm On Mar 13, 2022
Closed

3 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by ednut1(m): 12:13pm On Mar 13, 2022
Women beat men too. Women trigger men to beat them too. Say no to domestic violence and marriage is not my force

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by DeRay98(m): 12:22pm On Mar 13, 2022
QuinModah:
Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic
Domestic violence is a funny problem because everyone online fights against it and indoors dey practice it

Domestic violence is not an issue of today its something that is done regularly in our society and its often commonly overlooked , there is no Nigerian that hasn't seen a man beating his wife , from neighbors to friends even movies show it, its a common thing here, when kids or young boys see men beating their wives they accept that its the way to handle issues , the fact the social media has made it possible for people to reach out Doesn't mean that it will stop , its normal to nigerians so stop hoping for any change , instead be observant

The problem is the women not the men b4 u eat me raw hear me out

Antelope when know wetin lion be has no business staying in the same house with it - jude 2017

If a woman is dating a man , it only takes one incident for her to know that he is a violent person , maybe one day she annoys him and he insults her or slaps her a normal woman with brain in her head will run away from that relationship no matter how hard the guy begs but when this happens to most women they will stay because of love or they are desperate for marriage if he is rich , they will be hoping that he will change over time. When you marry a man that has slapped u b4 or is quick to insult u , expecting marriage to change him is desperation my sister

If u know that ur man is hot tempered and you're desperate or u love him them learn to handle him , dont talk back at him when he is angry , become a sheep after all you're the desperate person , if ur brain they work u learn to live with it

When u see news or stories of a man beating a woman , don't be deceived the man didn't just beat her for the first time that day , he has been doing it for a very very long time , na that day own u hear

Most women will talk bad about it but when it happens to them they are quiet , the common nigerian thing of no be my matter people go hear

Conclusion; Nigerian society encourages it , even our leaders beat their wives , ebonyi state governor , if a random man beats his wife and he is arrested , he wouldn’t be convicted because even if its a crime they dont see it as one , police will tell him to calm down and na woman she be , in short they will call the beaten wife and advice her to learn to respect her husband

This is us , its the way we are , when we now see threads about it , guys that beat women will be shouting no its wrong as if they are any better , all na internet holiness

its simple my sisters

From you're mad to a slap to push to punch to beating to knife to strangle to I will kill you till he eventually kills you

The domestic violence thing isn't an individual problem its a Nigerian problem

if a man slaps u, insults u or gets angry easily dont marry him run as fast as ur legs can carry u

The funny thing about this piece of write-up is that it assumes that only men abuse women in all cases which is a terrible fallacy and malicious propaganda.
The author is either naive of the scope of what constitutes domestic violence or she's only wanted to bash men in an offence that's almost a 50-50 occurrence in our society.

4 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 13, 2022
Remember back then social media of those days was village square of the Oba now it’s a global village and with that you have different customs and traditions. Men think hitting us fosters respect it’s actually the opposite you breed hatred with that action and are training them to know your weakness once she studies your pattern na to counter.

No one is above dialogue. My own is to calm you down with aloofness not raise your blood pressure. For both women and men because hulk hogan na pikin when he meet Godzilla but Dey flex for Bambi.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Biglittlelois(f): 12:23pm On Mar 13, 2022
1Sharon:

Women need to stop dating those kinds of men. Women are at fault because they find deviant men entertaining.

The good men that treat them how they're supposed to be treated are seen as boring and uninteresting.

So if women avoid these sets of men, who will they turn their fist to? The air? You think those men won't look for ways to instill their tendencies one way or the other? So we should just let them continue being violent and focus on women?

When we know there will always be men with violent nature who will get wives through pretence or otherwise, why can't there be an awareness focused on men to curb their violent tendencies in their home and the society?

And who told you ladies don't stay with nice cool headed men? Your enclave cannot be the general notion for all women understand.

3 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by mmsen: 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2022
It is an epidemic but people need to stop pretending as if it is a one way street of man assaulting woman. Domestic violence is usually reciprocal with the true victims being children of violent parents. It is the children who are attacked with prejudice by ill-tempered parents.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2022
No be only epidemic grin
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Kayyy: 12:26pm On Mar 13, 2022
Kellzzyy:
Nonsense.
When you're ready talk about female on male violence then we'll discuss.
The majority of domestic violence in Nigerian families is meted out by females on the males.
If you're not ready to discuss that then to hell with you and your worthless post. Shove it up your ass.

I mean I was reading through and was looking for where most of the female posters were really ready to discuss the epidermic that is domestic violence in marriage cos marriage involves both genders and both genders suffer, you cannot continue to dance around the issue of domestic violence by talking about how a man hits physically In a country where there is rise in physical violence from women, go on youtube , Instagram, Twitter , every new week comes with videos of women assualting men, children, properties of their spouses, not even in Nigeria alone but around the world, this week a Nigerian was burnt to death in his home by an ex in far away Australia, just yesterday I saw a video on youtube of a petty woman in US using her kids against her baby father alongs with insults, police threats all for a hair cut he gave his kids without her permission she claimed, guess what she was backed by her mother, what about stories of women assults against their children maids on different homes in this country ?,how do you want to address domestic violence without even mentioning the rise of physical violence in women ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by DeRay98(m): 12:30pm On Mar 13, 2022
BluntTheApostle:
For as long as you continue to fixate on physical abuse, domestic violence is going nowhere soon.

Domestic violence includes:

1. Physical (typically used by men)

2. Verbal (typically used by women)

3. Financial (both genders are capable)

4. Emotional (both genders are capable)

5. Psychological (both genders are capable).

You can't reduce domestic violence by fixating on reducing physical abuse.

Emotional abuse is even worse because it is subtle, and the victim may not know that they are being abused.

If you as a woman are a chronic nag who resorts to hurtful words to hurt her husband, if he hits you, do not think he is the only one guilty of domestic violence. You both are guilty.

I have tried to sanitize society the best I could, but seems like you people just want to play a gender blame game, instead of tackling the malaise head-on.

Bless your soul.
This is how some women deliberately mislead other women and promote the perpetual victimhood narrative which most of the most toxic women revel in.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:30pm On Mar 13, 2022
leobergy:

I can be patient with a woman’s shenanigans but if she dare to slap me,I will return the favour

Then they will shout domestic violence lol

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by pussymonger1: 12:42pm On Mar 13, 2022
HMM
QuinModah:
Domestic violence is a funny problem because everyone online fights against it and indoors dey practice it

Domestic violence is not an issue of today its something that is done regularly in our society and its often commonly overlooked , there is no Nigerian that hasn't seen a man beating his wife , from neighbors to friends even movies show it, its a common thing here, when kids or young boys see men beating their wives they accept that its the way to handle issues , the fact the social media has made it possible for people to reach out Doesn't mean that it will stop , its normal to nigerians so stop hoping for any change , instead be observant

Antelope when know wetin lion be has no business staying in the same house with it - jude 2017

If a woman is dating a man , it only takes one incident for her to know that he is a violent person , maybe one day she annoys him and he insults her or slaps her a normal woman with brain in her head will run away from that relationship no matter how hard the guy begs but when this happens to most women they will stay because of love or they are desperate for marriage if he is rich , they will be hoping that he will change over time. When you marry a man that has slapped u b4 or is quick to insult u , expecting marriage to change him is desperation my sister

If u know that ur man is hot tempered and you're desperate or u love him them learn to handle him , dont talk back at him when he is angry , become a sheep after all you're the desperate person , if ur brain they work u learn to live with it

When u see news or stories of a man beating a woman , don't be deceived the man didn't just beat her for the first time that day , he has been doing it for a very very long time , na that day own u hear

Most women will talk bad about it but when it happens to them they are quiet , the common nigerian thing of no be my matter people go hear

Conclusion; Nigerian society encourages it , even our leaders beat their wives , ebonyi state governor , if a random man beats his wife and he is arrested , he wouldn’t be convicted because even if its a crime they dont see it as one , police will tell him to calm down and na woman she be , in short they will call the beaten wife and advice her to learn to respect her husband

This is us , its the way we are , when we now see threads about it , guys that beat women will be shouting no its wrong as if they are any better , all na internet holiness

its simple my sisters

From you're mad to a slap to push to punch to beating to knife to strangle to I will kill you till he eventually kills you

if a man slaps u, insults u or gets angry easily dont marry him run as fast as ur legs can carry u

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by METTLESUM: 12:43pm On Mar 13, 2022
GRE AWA QUESTION!
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by BigTableShaker(f): 12:56pm On Mar 13, 2022
Some women are douchebags.. If you don't beat them, Dem no go get sense.

For me, i hate rubbish and I will beat anybody that tries rubbish with me. Be a man or a woman, Dem go collect.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Daboomb: 12:56pm On Mar 13, 2022
Coming from a woman?

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by dialfa: 1:00pm On Mar 13, 2022
QuinModah:

The problem is the women not the men

Oh no. Another blame the victim write up.
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by CAPSLOCKED: 1:01pm On Mar 13, 2022
Karleb:
In the Nigeria that you live, shebi its only men that abuse women.

Things are so bad for men that if the woman didn't seriously injure you or kill you, no one will believe she is abusing you.

EVEN WHEN YOU'RE DEAD THEY'LL WORK REAL HARD TO STILL BLAME YOU AND COIN UP WAYS TO SET HER FREE.

5 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by BigBashiru: 1:03pm On Mar 13, 2022
QuinModah:

its simple my sisters

Girls need to understand RESPONSIBILITY and CONSEQUENCES..and guys too...

If you take a guy that beats you that you love, you also have to take responsibility for all the beatings you will receive at his hands....

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by BigBashiru: 1:03pm On Mar 13, 2022
Karleb:

Things are so bad for men that if the woman didn't seriously injure you or kill you, no one will believe she is abusing you.

U make sense bro

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by BigBashiru: 1:09pm On Mar 13, 2022
DeRay98:

Bless your soul.
This is how some women deliberately mislead other women and promote the perpetual victimhood narrative which most of the most toxic women revel in.

You make sense

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by BigBashiru: 1:09pm On Mar 13, 2022
BluntTheApostle:
For as long as you continue to fixate on physical abuse, domestic violence is going nowhere soon.

Domestic violence includes:

1. Physical (typically used by men)

2. Verbal (typically used by women)

3. Financial (both genders are capable)

4. Emotional (both genders are capable)

5. Psychological (both genders are capable).

You can't reduce domestic violence by fixating on reducing physical abuse.

Emotional abuse is even worse because it is subtle, and the victim may not know that they are being abused.

If you as a woman are a chronic nag who resorts to hurtful words to hurt her husband, if he hits you, do not think he is the only one guilty of domestic violence. You both are guilty.

I have tried to sanitize society the best I could, but seems like you people just want to play a gender blame game, instead of tackling the malaise head-on.

These are words on marble. You are truly BluntTheApostle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by ElValiente(m): 1:27pm On Mar 13, 2022
Me: DPO sir. This is the rapist.

DPO: shut up dia. Na u Dem rape? Let her speak. Hey look here. He rape you?

Me: hoin
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by temi1290: 1:32pm On Mar 13, 2022
Karleb:

Look at em blind bat craftily avoided this comment, mtweeeeew
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by clericuzzio(m): 1:33pm On Mar 13, 2022
QuinModah:

its simple my sisters

this marriage no be by force
if you no like am make you divorce.

God hate divorce

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by BRATISLAVA: 1:34pm On Mar 13, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:

U are angry with me for what? Am I the one responsible for the fact that children tends to take after their parents? Go ask nature please!

Oga I comot hand from your matter completely. See me walking away after washing my hands.

If u need more evidence look at the toxic people littering nairaland, they are either mostly from broken/dysfunctional/abusive homes. They are just only giving out what they know, have experienced.

Abusive home/parents made you who u are today? That is wonderful

Okay u know what? I give it to you. I will just agree to disagree.

There's no need for further arguments. U win

Very true, they come from broken homes with dysfunctional members. It is all they know and it is all they can think of when placed in such situations.

Abusers will give birth to abusers. It is the same reason why poor people keep living in poverty. Their environment has a role to play in it.
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by temi1290: 1:37pm On Mar 13, 2022
DeRay98:

The funny thing about this piece of write-up is that it assumes that only men abuse women in all cases which is a terrible fallacy and malicious propaganda.
The author is either naive of the scope of what constitutes domestic violence or she's only wanted to bash men in an offence that's almost a 50-50 occurrence in our society.

She isn't naive, the agenda is clear

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by shoboy9: 1:39pm On Mar 13, 2022
Violence is violence and the children suffer most, anyhow you see it.
First, I have noticed a lot of women are violent. To both husbands and children.
Many fathers have no control over their temper, their wives or home.
Verbal abuse is actually a form of violence that unfortunately many women consider appropriate but often has terrible consequences in the home environment.
There are many factors involved - immaturity, alchohol, drugs, money, religion, infidelity, more.
Q: How many people can deal successfully with anger? Theirs and others?

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Badonasty(m): 1:44pm On Mar 13, 2022
I witnessed this last week and I was very sad….coming from people I didn’t even expect it from….and if these people dey play love for your front you go dey envy them not knowing what they put each other through at home….we need to speak up more on this

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by jiz: 1:49pm On Mar 13, 2022
Say no to violence
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by EmemObong03: 1:58pm On Mar 13, 2022
All of them will run and end up staying single forever.
The best advice is for them to have a tangible source of income and not depend on a man for the least thing like pad.
98% of domestic violence are economic in nature
Re: Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic by Kobojunkie: 2:22pm On Mar 13, 2022
Rubyjade:
How long were in the home?
Until my teen years when I finally decided I had had enough and would not condone the bullsheet anymore without a fight. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Black Guys In Brazil / What Are You Grateful For In 2019????? / This Is Why You Should NEVER Let Your Wife Dominate The Family!! (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.