Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

How To €arn A Very Comfortable Living As A Well Paid Freelance Writer In 2022... - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To €arn A Very Comfortable Living As A Well Paid Freelance Writer In 2022... (534 Views)

The Easiest Way To Make A Comfortable Living In 2022 / Very Comfortable Private Lodge In Abuja For #3500 Per Night / How To Become An Email Copywriter And Earn A Comfortable Living With It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To €arn A Very Comfortable Living As A Well Paid Freelance Writer In 2022... by SnrBrother(m): 9:10am On Apr 03, 2022
UNDERSTANDING EMAIL MARKETING LINGO…

If you must become an email copywriter with “the sauce”, you ought to be “in the zone” when it comes to email marketing lingo.

SO here are a few:

Email List – I already talked about this.

SUBSCRIBERS
– This refers to the number of people that are in an email list.

For example, if 1000 people are in a business’ email database, we will say they have 1000 subscribers.

If they have 10000 people, we say they have 10K subscribers and so on.

NOTE: Every email businesses send, must, by email marketing rules, have an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email. This is so that subscribers can hit on those unsubscribe links and that will stop them from receiving future emails from that particular business or business owner.

That is another lingo you should familiarize yourself with – unsubscribes.

OPEN RATES – When you write an email and a client sends that email to a list of let say 1000 subscribers, how many people opened that email?

Of course, not all subscribers in that list will open the email.

SO the number of people that open that particular email will be represented with a percentage.

For example, if out of a list of 1000 subscribers 100 open an email that will translate to a 10% open rate.

The higher open rates you get, the more it means you are doing a great job with your email list.

The general standard for open rates is 10%.

Anything lower than that means a marketer or business owner is NOT getting it right with their email list (or so many people think).

CLICK THROUGH RATES (CTR) – Inside most of the emails you send, there will be a link inside that email.

The job of that link will be to either send the subscribers to your online shop to buy something… or to get them to watch a video… or to get them to read a blog post.

The number of people who click on this link as against the percentage that opened the email is also something important in email marketing and it is what CTR means.

UNSUBSCRIBES – If you send an email and start to experience an unsubscribe rate that is over 5% it means that email contained something that offended subscribers.

Or it could be that there’s something you said inside that email that ticked subscribers off.

So this is another important metric that marketers look at in their email marketing.

All of these are the main lingos you will hear when it comes to email marketing and discussing with clients. So you have to commit all of them to heart.

That’s all for now.

COMING UP LATER TODAY: Email Copywriting 101 – Your First Step To $1K/Month…
Re: How To €arn A Very Comfortable Living As A Well Paid Freelance Writer In 2022... by SnrBrother(m): 9:12am On Apr 03, 2022
EMAIL MARKETING 101 – YOUR FIRST STEP To $1K/month...

Before you decide to start seeking for clients in need of email copywriters, there is one key thing you need to do.

That is: figuring out the specific niche you want to write for.

WHAT IS A NICHE?

I will define it as a subset of a bigger market.

Now for every product being sold out there, there’s a market that product falls under.

For example, a weight loss product is under the HEALTH market.

A dating guide is under the relationship niche in the SELF-HELP market.

A course on how to make money online is under the WEALTH/FINANCIAL market.

And these 3 markets mentioned above are called the “BIG 3” markets.

There is a truckload of products under these markets.

And there are a ton of businesses catering to needs under these markets.

As someone just starting out, you need to figure out the SPECIFIC niche you want to write for under one of these markets.

Remember, I defined a niche as a subset of a BIG market, right?

You can decide to write for every kind of goddamn business under each of these markets… or in a particular market.

But as someone just starting out, you need to figure out what works first.

More importantly, you need to start with something that aligns with your strengths.

So let’s say you have knowledge in the medical field…

Like, you know a thing or two about health.

Maybe you’re a certified nurse…

Maybe you’re a lab assistant…

Maybe you just LOVE health talk and watch a lot of programs about it.

It’d make sense to decide “okay, I would start writing emails for businesses in the health market.”

This helps you start from a position of strength.

Once you start from what you know, or what you have an interest in, it starts to help you quickly figure out how this email copywriting thing works.

When clients give you briefs on their products, because you already know a lot about the topic in question, or because you already have a healthy interest in it, it would be easy to explain whatever it is you want to explain in the emails you write.

So this is the important first step.

Now, talking about niches…

Here are some of the popular niches under these 3 BIG markets…

THE HEALTH MARKET:

*Fitness and weight loss.

*Dietary supplements.

*Men’s health (sexual health, fitness etc).

*Women’s health (sexual health, fitness, personal hygiene etc).

*And much, much more.

THE WEALTH/FINANCIAL MARKET

*Financial investments.

*Biz Opp (make money online etc).

*Debt clearance.

*Forex.

*Personal finance.

Etc.

THE SELF HELP MARKET:

*Dating.

*Law of Attraction…

*Success systems…

*Time management…

*Marriages and relationships…

*Public speaking…

*Self-esteem…

Etc.

Basically, you want to first start with something that you know. Or something that you would be open to developing a vast knowledge in.

You can now choose to write for businesses that sell products under these topics.

Again, like I said when we started out, copywriting is more about your ability to research, than your actual writing ability.

So you could also decide to position yourself as a do-it-all email copywriter on Upwork or any other platform you choose if you are willing to do DEEP, DEEP research.

For example, last year, a client created a mini competition on Upwork…

He is in the self-help niche.

He sells eBooks, courses, and mastermind programs to people who want to change their lives.

So He wanted an email copywriter who could write interesting daily emails like Ben Settle (one of the people whose list I recommended you sign up to).

In order to make an informed choice, he created a mini competition…

They hired about 5 different email copywriters to write a series of 3 emails to promote a particular product.

The copywriter with the most-closely related emails he was looking for would then be hired for the MAIN project.

For the test, he paid us $50 each.

So I wrote my 3 emails.

One of the emails I wrote was about a guy I have NEVER heard of…

But I wrote about him and linked the story to what my client was selling.

Check out the email:

Email 3

Subject: The case for going left-handed at old age

I do read a lot...

And I once remember seeing an African proverb that says:

“One cannot learn to be left-handed in old age”.

The meaning is quite clear: you cannot learn new things when “the sun is already setting on your life”.

But then, achievers are usually able to break popular beliefs, aren’t they?

One of such incredible achiever is the amazing Karoly Takacs.

You probably haven’t heard of him. But he is a Hungarian hero and practically everyone over there has heard about him.
Takacs was a sergeant in the Hungarian army…

A very accomplished sharpshooter he was.

He had won many sharpshooting championships in Hungary and was gaining rave reviews.

He had a world-class shooting right hand.

His next target was to represent Hungary in the 1940 Olympics event scheduled for Tokyo, Japan. Everyone expected him to literally shoot for the moon and win gold.

However, things turned awry in 1939.

Just a few months to the Olympics event, Takacs lost his right hand after a grenade he was holding exploded during a training session.
He spent a month in the hospital as a result.

But instead of folding up and feeling sorry for himself, he had the mental toughness to do what many would consider the unthinkable: he decided to start learning how to shoot with his left hand!

The Olympics event for the years 1940 and 1944 couldn’t hold because of World War II…

But at the 1948 Olympics in London, Tackas won gold medal and set a new record for pistol shooting…

He then followed that up with another gold medal four years later and became a National hero!

Mental toughness is something EVERY achiever in life has…

It is the driving force behind most of the incredible stories we read about achievers every day.

It can help you sail against the odds and still win.

But NOT everyone has it.

Do you know why?

It is because we are not born with it.

It is something we make the conscious effort to own…

It is something we have to make the effort to give life…

And you CAN do it.

It doesn’t matter what point you are in life right now. And it doesn’t matter what is happening around you right now…

You can still develop the mental toughness to spur you on towards achieving your goals.

I show you how here [LINK]…

There’s no one who doesn’t face challenges…

There’s no one who doesn’t have a low point in life – a point when they are down in the dump and looking like life’s knocked them out.

What matters is how you manage the stress.

If you read my story over here, you are going to see that the point where I realized I had to be mentally tough was when I was at one of my lowest points in life.

And that is exactly why I am offering you the right resource to help you develop this mental toughness.

It will serve you in every sphere of your life and help you start turning your dreams into realities irrespective of where you are at this point.

I hope you take the time out to check what I have in store for you.

The link to do so is right here:

[LINK]
[your name]
How did I unearth this powerful story and wrapped an email around it?

Simply crawling on the pages of Google!

So research can be that easy because there’s now a ton of resources you can barge into to dig up shiny gold for your copies.

Basically, what I am saying, you can decide to become an all-encompassing email copywriter and write in niches you have no clue about if you are WILLING to put in the hard yards in the research phase.

Let’s now go talk about the 3 PARTS of an email…
Re: How To €arn A Very Comfortable Living As A Well Paid Freelance Writer In 2022... by SnrBrother(m): 9:16am On Apr 03, 2022
THE 3 PARTS OF AN EMAIL

There are three parts that will make up most of the emails you write.

Let’s look at them.

1. Subject Line.
2. The content.
3. The CTA.

THE SUBJECT LINE:

This is that small snippet of text that gives you an insight into what a particular email is talking about.

The subject line is a very crucial part of email copywriting.

It is what largely determines whether people would click on an email or not.

Remember what we said about OPEN RATES?

The subject line of an email will mostly determine whether you get a poor, good, or great open rate on every email you write.

You want subject lines to be interesting, engaging and arouse the curiosity readers.

So how do you write subject lines?

There a number of ways in which you can write subject lines that drive a high response.

But instead of trying to explain them here, I’ll link you to examples that have been proven to work.

Here they are:

https://www.digitalmarketer.com/blog/101-best-email-subject-lines/

https://www.digitalmarketer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/101-best-email-subject-lines-2016.pdf

Study these thoroughly…

See the formats that are being deployed in each of them.

Notice the ones with the highest open rates. And that will start to give you a general idea of how to write subject lines that work well.

2 THE CONTENT of THE EMAIL

After people click on your email, they want to know what you have to say.

And this is usually the main part of your email.

You have to what it is that you want the subscriber to know to get them excited enough to take the action that your client wants them to take.

This is the part that frustrates a lot of people

Because coming up with fresh content for emails can be one hell of a task.

So how do you come up with email content for clients over and over again?

Before you know what to write… you have to first understand what you are writing for.

And I will talk about this in the next lesson with examples.

3 CTA

The third part that makes up an email is known as the CTA.

Otherwise known as Call to Action.

Remember our earlier definition of copywriting?

We said it is any type of writing that provokes people to take action.

So when you send an email, you will mostly want people to either click on a link…

Reply back to that email…

Call your client via a number…

And so on and so forth.

It’s a very crucial part of email copywriting too because you cannot assume that people know what to do.

You have to TELL them what to do.

Later on, I will delve further into these 3 parts of an email with examples.

For now, this is just to get your foot into the door.

COMING UP LATER: The Three Main Types of Emails…

Got questions? Fire away. Kindly make sure to quote me so I get to see your question or contact 0913-206-3607 on whatsapp
Re: How To €arn A Very Comfortable Living As A Well Paid Freelance Writer In 2022... by SnrBrother(m): 9:17am On Apr 03, 2022
IMPORTANT:

If you are among those that are still trying to wrap their heads around what we are doing here.

So here's what I am going to do...

I am going to record a video that WILL DEFINITELY show you how to connect between learning the skills and serving clients on any platform of your choosing.

Look out for it!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Start Your Own Clothing Line Without Knowing How to Sew / How To Open A Perfect Money Account In Nigeria / Does Lesotho Paypal Still Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.