Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? (20467 Views)

My Experience With Sleep Paralysis / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Meektunz: 9:50am On Mar 12, 2022
I've often times heard people talk about it, infact about 90% of Nigerians attribute it to witchcraft attack. It finally happened to me for the first time in my life. It was a terrible experience, after waking up I felt like trully someone pressed my neck.

4 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by 3verblazing(m): 9:59am On Mar 12, 2022
Experienced that alot in my teens...its was scary asf used to think it was a spiritual issue until I read about it. Havent had that episode for years now. Twas almost as if knowing about it stopped it.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Starzo: 10:08am On Mar 12, 2022
I think say na winch dey do am before o

19 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by SurvivorM(f): 10:22am On Mar 12, 2022
We use to call it Nightmare and when I was younger i thought it was a spiritual attack, I could swear I was seeing movements in the corner of my eyes when it's happens.
It was when I went to the university that I saw something about it online and i made research that's when I found out it was just a normal phenomenon and not that there was something out there planning on killing me but I swear it was scary.
There was one week that anytime I sleep be it afternoon or night, this sleep paralysis will come and I wont be able to breath, that week was so scary and that week a roommate of mine in school saw a vision for me which she interpreted as a "death vision" and that I dont have much time.

So that period whenever I had sleep paralysis I always feel that I couldn't breath, so I assumed that her vision was true, let's just say that period was very hard lol

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by helinues: 10:23am On Mar 12, 2022
We all experience it most especially when we over stress our body and our thoughts.. Subconscious mind never ready to be awake

It always comes with Lucid dreaming

Imagine some Nigerians relating that to Spider web.. Chai, some people are too superstitious..

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Lilsameey: 10:28am On Mar 12, 2022
Many many times.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 12, 2022
Tons of times
I was always incredibly scared, I thought I was the only one experiencing it, until when I found out what it was, surprisingly it stopped

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 12, 2022
helinues:
We all experience it most especially when we over stress our body and our thoughts.. Subconscious mind never ready to be awake

Imagine some Nigerians relating that to Spider web.. Chai, some people are too superstitious..

Never knew it was caused by overthinking at night

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Medianna(f): 11:50am On Mar 12, 2022
Anything spiritual has a physical name to cover it up..

Till tomorrow for me. There is nothing normal about sleeping paralysis.

Which stress, which kind over thinking, do children even think? But it happens to children most times

115 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by helinues: 11:55am On Mar 12, 2022
Senomii:

Never knew it was caused by overthinking at night

We don't just wake up from bed. It's a gradual process. Same as sleeping..

If there are no signals from subconscious mind to consciousness that's what normally cause sleep paralysis or inability to sleep

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Omniman(m): 11:58am On Mar 12, 2022
sad
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Michelle70(m): 11:58am On Mar 12, 2022
K
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Lekan239(m): 11:59am On Mar 12, 2022
I experienced this everyday

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by DEOG: 11:59am On Mar 12, 2022

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by patriotic007: 11:59am On Mar 12, 2022
It's natural but African magic has entered it
Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by DatoDatuk: 11:59am On Mar 12, 2022
Experienced it once during younger days

Meanwhile u will start minding your business after watching this video lol

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by thundafire: 12:00pm On Mar 12, 2022
Yes it happens but also spiritual attack happens to in such manner

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Daslim180(m): 12:00pm On Mar 12, 2022
One of the major causes of sleep paralysis is sleep deprivation, or a lack of sleep. A changing sleep schedule, sleeping on your back, the use of certain medications, stress, and other sleep-related problems, such as narcolepsy, may also play a role.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by tunjijones(m): 12:00pm On Mar 12, 2022
Yes nao. When I was younger.

Then, they told us that it was demons.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by mannasseh(m): 12:01pm On Mar 12, 2022
yeah several but mine stopped as soon as I change my perspective of it being spiritual to just a mere Medical occurrence, that's was the end even if it happens I just relax and tell myself it's a gradual process that will soon be over

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by gaventa: 12:01pm On Mar 12, 2022
Lol the fact that science has an answer to everything doesn’t really mean it true or FACT. As a matter of fact Science will always have an explanation for everything even if not proven as correct. All reality is not limited to our sense experience. Reality goes beyond sense experience. Think beyond the box

17 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by CaveAdullam: 12:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
Sleep paralysis + wake up to see marks all over the body. Once you experience this and have a religious background, you'll definitely think it's some spiritual/supernatural phenomenon, and of course it's a colossal lie! Stress, body biochemistry, neuro-activity etc. when asleep causes sleep paralysis. Hallucinations is also experienced during sleep paralysis.

And to avoid those body marks, sleep in a clean bed and in a cool and serene non infested mosquito environment. Also make sure your fingernails are low and blunt. Because when there's too much heat + mosquito bites, you'll scratch your body mercilessly and wake up to see different marks on your body.

My 2 cents.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by sammysmiles(m): 12:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
It's a sign of a weak spirit

3 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? by Franzinni: 12:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
Yes ... had a roommate who always wakes up with words like "dem press me again last night " he even had to go meet babalawo to do bere for him... I use to ask him why dem no dey press me too nah? But one day ... dem press me too haha .. it was like film when I was awake but couldnt move or speak, I didnt see anything demonic tho but I was dreaming about an encouter with a round balloon like apparition. Well I started tl research and found out about sleep paralysis and how some people can have thier brains wake up faster than thier body therefore making them feel patalysed and the feeling of something sitting on your chest is due to the lungs in sleep mode. I now explained it to my friend and guess what... he never complained of dem pressing him again. It happened to me twice in my life time tho but I rearly chuck anything to spiritual occurrence even tho I totally believe in the supernatural.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Umahi To Stop Medical Tourism Outside Nigeria With Ebonyi College Of Medicine / How To Deal With Skirt And Blouse Insect / Sokoto Receives 170 COVID-19 Alerts, Searches For Lagos, Abuja Returnees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.