Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,058 members, 7,807,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience (24406 Views)

Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves / "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" / Genotype Wahala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Adamumd(m): 10:14pm On Mar 12, 2022
Being AS has shattered my dream of being with one or two persons i so much love and they loved me back.

I'm at the age/stage i so much want a serious relationship that will lead to settling down and my kind of woman is hard to find, recently met a woman who has everything i want only for me to find out she's AS while am also AS.

Is there a way out please? Does this genotype thing change?

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by rickpat(m): 10:18pm On Mar 12, 2022
genotype is permanent bro.

As an AS I would advise you ask any lady you are interested in her genotype,so if she is not AA..you can move on before the feelings grow deeper to prevent excessive hurt.

please don't risk marrying an AS as well, because birth of a SS child may turn that love to pain and sorrow in split seconds

215 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Jeon(f): 10:38pm On Mar 12, 2022
I don't have any experience.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Bahamas95(m): 10:43pm On Mar 12, 2022
I got no problem with mine.

#TeamAA

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Boogyman557: 10:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
Holly Gram cool

Even if my own na, AA OR GS OR AS OR GOTV OR GTB, I No send OOOOOOOO

I go NACK anything and MARRY wen I like

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:06pm On Mar 12, 2022
.... During our registration in year one back then,the school lab after taking my samples gave me my result and they wrote AS. Ooh,Naso I believe say I be As genotype and anytime I get into a relationship my first question to the lady will be what's your genotype because I no wan hear story.

Till I graduated,I had this notion that I'm an AS carrier. Not until one day I fell sick and in the cause of doing a malaria test,I asked them to also check for my genotype.

Alas,the result came out AA.I told them is not correct. Had to go to 3 different labs and it still came out same AA in all.

I said so this people just make me dey cut liver dey search for AA lady.

It wasn't a nice experience then.

166 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 12, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

10 Likes

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by MoneyGoDrop: 5:07am On Mar 13, 2022
Well I'm AA with AB+ blood type. It's necessary that people know their genotypes and blood groups inorder to avoid "stories that touch".

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 6:06am On Mar 13, 2022
rickpat:
genotype is permanent bro.

As an AS I would advise you ask any lady you are interested in her genotype,so if she is not AA..you can move on before the feelings grow deeper to prevent excessive hurt.

please don't risk marrying an AS as well, because birth of a SS child may turn that love to pain and sorrow in split seconds
this is the best advice

14 Likes

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Adamumd(m): 7:41am On Mar 13, 2022
MrRemedyAlagbo:
this is the best advice
Very true

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Delight2014(m): 8:21am On Mar 13, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
.... During our registration in year one back then,the school lab after taking my samples gave me my result and they wrote AS. Ooh,Naso I believe say I be As genotype and anytime I get into a relationship my first question to the lady will be what's your genotype because I no wan hear story.

Till I graduated,I had this notion that I'm an AS carrier. Not until one day I fell sick and in the cause of doing a malaria test,I asked them to also check for my genotype.

Alas,the result came out AA.I told them is not correct. Had to go to 3 different labs and it still came out same AA in all.

I said so this people just make me dey cut liver dey search for AA lady.

It wasn't a nice experience then.
All these Healthcare workers do misplaced people's result or will I say that they employ incompetent workers.
Well, it's good to check it to at least three different labs to be sure of your status.

Team AA - Genotype
A 'Rh D' positive - B/G

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by NwaAmaikpe: 10:48am On Mar 13, 2022
shocked

Trust me, I had a lot as a bachelor.

We all know my type is rare;

Being an AA, O+, HIV-, cute-faced, smart brained, big preek, sweet-tongued, comfortable pursed, relatively fulfilled weirdo with a dual-nationality, I was the object of many ladies' cravings as they considered me the true epitome of the term 'husband material'.

NwaAmaikpe had to device a plan to avoid being trapped by those thirsty broads.
I'd date mostly A.S genotyped girls, and when they start getting comfortable, I'd tell them I was A.S all the while but was scared to tell them out of fear I'd lose them.
Depending on the temperament of the lady, I could say I just found out the previous day.

The same mumu girls will be the ones counselling me on how the future of our relationship was bleak for the sake of our kids.

I'd grudgingly accept their verdict that we couldn't get married but that didn't stop the kpekus from being served, Some even after their marriages because I was their soulmate, while their husband was just a partner.

I happened to see one many many years ago with her toddler at a busstop waiting for a ride, I picked them up and while introducing me to her son, she said. "that could have been your daddy but fate said no", I nodded.

If only the mumu knew.

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by talk2hb1(m): 10:48am On Mar 13, 2022
Na Another Wahala on its own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by EdgarBounce(m): 10:49am On Mar 13, 2022
This kind of advise and thinking is not for everyone.

Both of us were As. We knew. But we married anyway with the resolve to eliminate SS possibility with Medical options.

Each time she takes in we visit that sicle cell centre in Lagos near LUTH abi LASU sef... for prenatal testing. The last time we did it was between 250 and 300k. The test takes less than 30mins with minor discomfort to the woman. Usually done within the first 2-3 months.

We have 3 boys that are AA today.

None of our relatives know we are both even As or even the steps we take. We were both properly educated, weighed the options and here we are.

Bottom line both parties thinking it through and making a decision. In our case we didn't consider 300k for prenatal testing to be a major expense. Also we were also open minded about medical abortion (should it come to that), but thankfully we have not had any need for any evacuation.

Like I said, this is not for everyone. We are one in a million. I shared just in case there's that person out there that may be considering swimming against the tide and popular opinion. You are not alone. Everything is possible.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by tipec: 10:49am On Mar 13, 2022
shocked

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Lexusgs430: 10:50am On Mar 13, 2022
Adamumd:
Being AS has shattered my dream of being with one or two persons i so much love and they loved me back.

I'm at the age/stage i so much want a serious relationship that will lead to settling down and my kind of woman is hard to find, recently met a woman who has everything i want only for me to find out she's AS while am also AS.

No ......

If you have money for genotype selection screening..... Go head ......

If not, never marry any lady with an S ........ The risk is too much to consider........ You might have an AA or AS, but an SS is also a very high possibility.......

2 Likes

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by akanbiaa(m): 10:50am On Mar 13, 2022
One of the couples must be AA genotype and same blood rhesus period.
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by LagosG: 10:50am On Mar 13, 2022
GENOTYPE AA

BLOOD GROUP O+

SEXY YORUBA DEMGEL

.....and some girls go dey use me kpa. Me, a whole homozygous dominant universal donor cry

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by ursullalinda(f): 10:50am On Mar 13, 2022
I have been there three times.......It's not easy and emotionally draining but you will be alright lass las.....At the end i got the best man in the world as hubby so be positive and trust God the best is yet to come.

12 Likes

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Olam09(m): 10:51am On Mar 13, 2022
Adamumd:

Make i come learn

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by sp2002(m): 10:51am On Mar 13, 2022
Bro. It is not easy o. I be AS and my wife is sane too. Our last child happens to be SS and honestly it hasn't be easy o. Both the child and we d parents going through lot of stress

31 Likes

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by DavidEz: 10:51am On Mar 13, 2022
most people believe prayers will solve it

Suspect your spouse is cheating on you ? Why dont you find out all they do on whatsapp, FB, IG , Phone calls etc . Check my profile on how to get an app to catch discreetly
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by songsign: 10:51am On Mar 13, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by africanpride1: 10:51am On Mar 13, 2022
Na this Kain Posts dey reign today?!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by shagasha: 10:51am On Mar 13, 2022
It limits but if u have extra cash to spend you can determine the genotype b4 giving birth. I don't even think the facility is in Nigeria but I know that it can be done in the western world.

Final Note, avoid it, you will surely come across an AA that will still blow your mind.

I tell you this from experience

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by sotall(m): 10:51am On Mar 13, 2022
cool
Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by fullybackk: 10:52am On Mar 13, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
I pity you sir

3 Likes

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Nonexisting: 10:52am On Mar 13, 2022
That AS might have saved your life many times now. Sometimes, it's good to be grateful for misfortunes. Those girls you missed might have been time bombs waiting to explode and move to you to ground zero.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by guru90: 10:52am On Mar 13, 2022
If u are As ....don't u ever dream of marry As as well...

Because all ur children will be like a broom.....

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wahala, Share Your Experience by Timeryy: 10:52am On Mar 13, 2022
I am here for the comments to learn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Officials Force Bet Naija Agents To Clean Their Surrounding In Calabar. Photos / Simple Tips To Enjoy A Good Night Sleep / Lagos Donates 100 Units Of Handwashing Stations To Strategic Locations (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.