Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Is It Compulsory To Take Any Electives Before Graduating University ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Compulsory To Take Any Electives Before Graduating University ? (924 Views)

Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School / Pictures Of Graduating University Of Abuja Students / OAU Special Electives And Their Basic Facts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Compulsory To Take Any Electives Before Graduating University ? by Kenny242(m): 12:18pm On Mar 13, 2022
So, am confused lately about this some said its not while others said at-least 3 elective before grad, but if i decide not to do any will it attract any penalty

Mods Fp
Re: Is It Compulsory To Take Any Electives Before Graduating University ? by LordIsaac(m): 12:20pm On Mar 13, 2022
I think some departments have "compulsory electives."
Re: Is It Compulsory To Take Any Electives Before Graduating University ? by MadamVanessa(f): 12:23pm On Mar 13, 2022
shocked

What matters most is the total credit unit that you have to do through the course of your study. But most department have compulsory elective is either within the department of outside the department.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Take Any Electives Before Graduating University ? by Kenny242(m): 12:55pm On Mar 13, 2022
Okay
Keep it coming
Re: Is It Compulsory To Take Any Electives Before Graduating University ? by zealousayo(m): 1:44pm On Mar 13, 2022
When I was in 500l, I took seven elective courses (two faculty faculty electives + five department electives)... Elective courses are outlined in your handbook, you just have to pick the ones you'd like to do. You have the minimum number of electives to do (you may do more if you want). You must not do less than the stipulated total units for you to graduate. You may decide to do more, but you can't do less.
In conclusion, electives are somehow compulsory, however, you have the opportunity of deciding the ones you want to do and those ones you don't want.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Take Any Electives Before Graduating University ? by Kenny242(m): 2:48pm On Mar 13, 2022
zealousayo:
When I was in 500l, I took seven elective courses (two faculty faculty electives + five department electives)... Elective courses are outlined in your handbook, you just have to pick the ones you'd like to do. You have the minimum number of electives to do (you may do more if you want). You must not do less than the stipulated total units for you to graduate. You may decide to do more, but you can do less.
In conclusion, electives are somehow compulsory, however, you have the opportunity of deciding the ones you want to do and those ones you don't want.
Okay thanks
Mynd44 lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

EKSU Resumes Academic Activities, Shuns ASUU Strike / The 6th Chancellor Of UNICAL Emir Of Kano Arrived Calabar (Photos) / Where Can I Get Federal Polytechnic Offa Scratch Card?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.