Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid (38535 Views)

Leke Adeboye Celebrates His Parents, Shades People With Broken Marriages / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's Claim Of Being Dangerously Wealthy / 'I Am Dangerously Wealthy, I Am Rich' - Bishop Oyedepo Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Blitz888(m): 7:19pm On Mar 13, 2022
Truer words have never been said!

4 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Alayiwola: 7:20pm On Mar 13, 2022
And you think Aliko is the only one financing that project? think again .Hes not even the owner of 70 percent of Dangote cement

Amotolongbo:
Hmmm

Now I understand the difference between a man who borrowed from bank to finance his project and another one who depends on other people’s gift and offering to finance his project.

Dangote’s worth is $14billion while the cost of Dangote’s refinery is about $19billion

10 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by grandstar(m): 7:20pm On Mar 13, 2022
He is saying rubbish.

There are some businesses that are extremely dependent on debt or leveraging. One is the real estate market for instance,

In America for instance, you can buy a property with 10% down. So. let's say you purchase a property for $100m. You put only $10m.

The rent takes care of mortgage interest. You now decide to sell the property after 2 years for $115m. You have made $15m profit with only $10m. There are even instances you don't put any money down as long as you can service the mortgage, you're good. So, you make $15m with no money down at all. That is making money from thin air.

The petroleum industry I have learned in Nigeria is highly leveraged. Turnover is where the profit is. Imagine you borrow 10billion to import diesel and you sell it at 10.8bn, you've made 800m profit. Imagine you do that 4 times a year? That is 3.2bn for you. At times, you've sold the product before it even reaches the port.

Oyedepo should focus on preaching salvation instead of prosperity, especially in today's world, where worrying dark clouds are becoming frequent

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by princeFAD: 7:20pm On Mar 13, 2022
Could Jimoh Ibrahim fall into that category?

5 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Dencap: 7:21pm On Mar 13, 2022
ok
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by BigYash: 7:21pm On Mar 13, 2022
Ochelyko1:

I like ur analogy, who borrowed is far far better than someone who milk others to become Rich.
He no put gun for their head o.. Leave baba make him enjoy. If e easy open your own ,then try milk members.. Cowbell milk undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by czarr(m): 7:22pm On Mar 13, 2022
Being a debtor is a terrible thing

You go think say some "rich" people are stingy but them they reason loans wey dem dey service wey pass their net worth.

11 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Nosayer: 7:22pm On Mar 13, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Hmmm

Now I understand the difference between a man who borrowed from bank to finance his project and another one who depends on other people’s gift and offering to finance his project.

Dangote’s worth is $14billion while the cost of Dangote’s refinery is about $19billion

Stupidity being referred to here. Dangote singlehandedly owns Dangote refinery right? You'll just be looking for excuses no matter how stupid to discredit a thought because you don't buy the one airing it.

6 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by slimik: 7:22pm On Mar 13, 2022
BIG TALK!!!

quote author=Amotolongbo post=111000423]Hmmm

Dangote’s worth is $14billion while the cost of Dangote’s refinery is about $19billion[/quote]
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by nairaman66(m): 7:22pm On Mar 13, 2022
Tell this to MTN who borrowed billions in 2002 and payed back having hundreds of billions in profit!

Everyone knows where his or her shoe is tight. This preaching isn’t the word of God. Leave finances for economist!

30 years ago, was his preachings centered on this?

7 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by IbileIfe: 7:23pm On Mar 13, 2022
He is referring to the BORROW POSE gang in NIgeria and they are legions.

7 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by sparkyJ: 7:23pm On Mar 13, 2022
The things of God is like foolishness to the carnal man. There are indeed heights and depths in Christ. Only the wise will understand.

5 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Strongbest(m): 7:24pm On Mar 13, 2022
The way I love this man

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Lionnation: 7:24pm On Mar 13, 2022
2mercy:

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/03/11/wealthy-people-with-n1bn-worth-but-owing-banks-n10bn-are-stupid-oyedepo/
how would you owe anyone when you are recieving tithe and offering first fruit, seed, building levy, did you build any business with your sweath. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by nairaman66(m): 7:25pm On Mar 13, 2022
IbileIfe:
He is referring to the BORROW POSE gang in NIgeria and they are legions.

But a man of God should bring people to the fold, not chastise or insult them! My opinion though
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Yomit71(m): 7:25pm On Mar 13, 2022
Some people make borrowing a way of life, it's a sickness. Even when they have the money at hand they still prefer to buy on loan.
You have #100k in your account and you can't buy a phone of #30k freely without loan. why?

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by judedwriter(m): 7:25pm On Mar 13, 2022
To sum:

Cut your ankara according to your cloth.

Don't overdo to impress like many of our celebrities

5 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Spandau: 7:25pm On Mar 13, 2022
2mercy:

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/03/11/wealthy-people-with-n1bn-worth-but-owing-banks-n10bn-are-stupid-oyedepo/

What wisdom? The only gospel in his mouth is money. Anyone who follows this man is in for a loooooooong thing.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by philiancoop(m): 7:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
The Bishop was referring to people who buy cars and consumables with loans.

More like civil servant kind of Loan

The second side of it is that for business purposes, these loans are not technically loan. They are transfer of capital.

A networth is asset less liability(loan) i.e bet worth = Assets —loans.
So for Dangote, whose net worth is $20bn now, his assets maybe $200bn and his loans 180bn.
Net Worth = 200bn —180bn = 20bn

You Gerrit?

8 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Strongbest(m): 7:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
grandstar:
rubbish

Rubbish? Maybe you don't know the meaning of rubbish or you are just too eaten up by hatred that you hate to hear the truth.

4 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by CoronaVirusPro: 7:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Daddy Oyedepo is absolutely right.

If you subtract all the loans dangote is owing various banks both locally and international from his networth, dangote won't even make it to 1st 100 richest people in Africa.

This I have seen.

Hello!

Before you can join the top richest people, loan must have aided you.

You cannot go tall without loans except you want to settle for average. It’s impossible!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Apexmoh: 7:29pm On Mar 13, 2022
Liars disguising as pastors of the so called political party, Christ-satanic Congress of Hellfire (CCH)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 13, 2022
Alayiwola:

And you think Aliko is the only one financing that project? think again .Hes not even the owner of 70 percent of Dangote cement

I believe corrupt politicians launder money through him.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Originalsly: 7:30pm On Mar 13, 2022
Hmmm.... wisdom indeed .... there are borrowers ... and there are takers. The ones he is calling out .... borrowers. No doubt... he is not in that group... he borrowed nothing owes nothing. But he is in the other group..... amongst soooo many politicians... the group of takers. Maybe next week he'll tell us about this group.
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Kay25(m): 7:30pm On Mar 13, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Hmmm

And who told you dangote owns all the money he used in financing it?go look for mou on the project you would understand better

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Ochelyko1: 7:31pm On Mar 13, 2022
BigYash:
He no put gun for their head o.. Leave baba make him enjoy. If e easy open your own ,then try milk members.. Cowbell milk undecided

He didn't put God on their head but that is a fraud using the name of God. Internet fraudster don't used gun but still they are also fraudster. This ur baba shouldn't be talking at all because we all know how he got his riches.

Someone like Dangote who worked hard and strive hard to do geniue Business to get his money should be the one saying dis not all these fake ass pastors who parade themselves as men of God which are not.

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Czario: 7:32pm On Mar 13, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Hmmm

A lot of billionaires are just fortunate slaves actually
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 7:32pm On Mar 13, 2022
He's right though, always live within your means

4 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by africandollar: 7:32pm On Mar 13, 2022
Yeh! Yeh! MOG...this one loud o! Loud it louder Sire! shocked
Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by Strongbest(m): 7:36pm On Mar 13, 2022
Spandau:

What wisdom? The only gospel in his mouth is money. Anyone who follows this man is in for a loooooooong thing.

I think some of you just don't believe a man can be so wealthy yet loving and serving God sincerely.

I was once blinded and made to hate this man so much until I had personal encounters. Look, before you say negative thing about anyone, not just a man of God but anyone, make sure you really have had personal encounters and not saying things based hearsay; only fools, I mean irredeemable fools do that.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid by WarriAproko: 7:37pm On Mar 13, 2022
He dey talk of him fellow pastor business man wen take loan from bank take build church

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele 2021 Prophecy: I Foresee Calamity In The New Year / Apostle Emmanuel Bako And Wife, Cindy Kidnapped In Kaduna / Pastor Chibuzor Chinyere Rejects A Rolls Royce Birthday Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.