Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) (32816 Views)

NUC Reactivates Suspended Programme In NOUN / Faith Onyekachukwu Ojumah, McPherson University Best Graduating Student (Photo) / Ahmed Bature, Nigerian Defence Academy Best Graduating Student (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by Ademola47(m): 6:22pm On Mar 13, 2022
A female inmate of the Nigerian Correctional Service, Lagos State Command, Okike Chinyere, has emerged as the best graduating student of the Peace and Conflict Resolution department, National Open University (NOUN).

She bagged a second-class upper degree in the course, according to a statement by the correctional service.

Aside from her, a male inmate, Alegbe Afolabi, was awarded an MSc in Peace and Conflict Resolution.

In his vote of thanks, one of the graduating inmates, Nweke Chibueze, thanked the Controller General, Haliru Nababa, and the Vice-Chancellor of NOUN for the opportunity. He, however, pleaded for clemency for the graduating students so they can be freed to give their quota to the country’s development.

While speaking during the presentation of the Bachelor of Science certificate to eight graduands from the Lagos Command, the state Controller of Correctional Service, Adewale Francis Adebisi, urged them to imbibe the virtues of education.

According to him, incarceration should not stop them from dreaming, telling them to use the “opportunity available while in detention to better their lives so that when they are released, they can contribute positively to the society”.

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/03/13/female-inmate-okike-chinyere-bags-best-graduating-student-prize/

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by MCKitchen(f): 6:27pm On Mar 13, 2022
Congrats...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
Eiya I wish they can compensate her with freedom,they should release her

15 Likes

Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by Zonefree(m): 6:32pm On Mar 13, 2022
Iyaebe:
Hungry feminist, so, it's only the girl you want them to compensate with freedom, how about the other guy?

149 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 13, 2022
Zonefree:

Hungry feminist, so, it's only the girl you want them to compensate with freedom, how about the other guy?
Hungry Meninist they should release him as well

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by Amotolongbo(f): 6:38pm On Mar 13, 2022
Wao!

I recommend that she should be given a scholarship to US prison from Nigeria, since many Nigerian best students are awarded scholarship to US schools

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by Suspects: 6:50pm On Mar 13, 2022
Iyaebe:
noise!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by Suspects: 6:51pm On Mar 13, 2022
Zonefree:

she is a noise maker.... Including you, so shut up!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by illicit(m): 7:29pm On Mar 13, 2022
E be like say crime don dey pay o

lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by Ademola47(m): 10:40pm On Mar 13, 2022
Iyaebe:

I think that won't be fair to other prisoners...

1 Like

Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by Freezyhot(f): 4:48am On Mar 14, 2022
Iyaebe:
Hungry what...? WTF......?!!!... ROTFL....LMFAO....LWKMD!!!!! U nor well oooooooo.......

5 Likes

Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by constance500: 6:51am On Mar 14, 2022
illicit:

lipsrsealed

I swear na wetin I been wan post b this grin

3 Likes

Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by paqman: 7:33am On Mar 14, 2022
Igbo amaka making us proud one is chidima another is chinyere. You gerrit

4 Likes

Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by Lanretoye(m): 7:47am On Mar 14, 2022
No certificate is better than freedom.

5 Likes

Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by KosiGee(m): 8:42am On Mar 14, 2022
Iyaebe:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Case closed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by CryptoTeacher(m): 9:01am On Mar 14, 2022
Good. Prison is not a place to stop dreaming and believing. Many dreams have been made alive through these prison walls.

1 Like

Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by plenaldo: 9:02am On Mar 14, 2022
Why so much paparazi about female prisoners.
What happened to their male counterparts?
Nigeria is poo.
Besides most prisoners are intelligent people.

1 Like

Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by okanume(m): 9:03am On Mar 14, 2022
i comment my reserve,
sorry i reserve my comment
hope life treats dem much better.
Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by fasho01(m): 9:03am On Mar 14, 2022
Congratulations to her
Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by Ara21(f): 9:03am On Mar 14, 2022
Hmmmm congrats to her. Now you people see other prisoners are shining not only Chidima.
Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by sylve11: 9:03am On Mar 14, 2022
Very nice. cool
Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by Peace081: 9:04am On Mar 14, 2022
Lanretoye:
No certificate is better than freedom.
What of freedom without certificate
Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by rex21: 9:04am On Mar 14, 2022
This is an insult to the people she committed the crime against that led to her being in prison. She should be facing the full wrath of the law, this is preposterous, impetuous, lugubrious and ludicrous. This singular act will go on to create a lacuna in the mind of good people. Crime will now be seen as an easy way out in the Nigerian clime. I refuse to be party to this. I condemn, rebuke, rebuff and reject this insensitive action. Justice must take its course, heads must roll in this prison.

I don set the pace, oya Reno Omokri and other concerned stupid Nigerians should take the baton.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by plenaldo: 9:04am On Mar 14, 2022
essandor:
congrats girl, she deserves the outside world
Keep quiet there. Person wey kill your relative deserve freedom?
Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by FILEBE(m): 9:04am On Mar 14, 2022
Shawshank Redemption
Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by iCauseTrouble: 9:04am On Mar 14, 2022
I do not mean to be insensitive, but personally, those who criticised Chidinma for winning Miss cell and congratulating this lady for being the best graduating student are hypocrites.
Everything must not be judged by education. Humans are multifaceted and we shouldn't base respect on intellectual skills alone

5 Likes

Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by Hubeznigeria(m): 9:04am On Mar 14, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Wao!

I recommend that she should be given a scholarship to US prison from Nigeria
If only you knew the amount of respect I have for you. Everything is not for cruise na...

1 Like

Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by Awise09(m): 9:04am On Mar 14, 2022
Ademola47:

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/03/13/female-inmate-okike-chinyere-bags-best-graduating-student-prize/
I want to believed that's what motivate her to put her best, anyway Congratulations to her.
Re: Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere Bags Best Graduating Student Prize In NOUN (pics) by jimyjames(m): 9:05am On Mar 14, 2022
illicit:

lipsrsealed
They don't study in prison for free, they pay to study

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Missing OAU Law Student: Reasons to Doubt Her Claim of being an Oau Law Student / ASUU May Call-Off Strike Next Week / How To Get Nigerian Government Scholarship To Study In Russia, Japan,south Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.