Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. (60192 Views)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree / "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" / How I Was Denied Employment By Prudential Guards Limited (PGL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by afamaustin(m): 3:46am On Mar 15, 2022
90 percent of gals don't think normal only 10percent think right and my wife is among the 10 percent that thinks right

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by OSESUNATE(m): 3:46am On Mar 15, 2022
martinmiller:
Enough of the bashing and lashing, many of you ranting here don't even know what wearing a leg chains signify. If you don't Google it and don't jus be here labeling and making noise to the extreme.

Now I am not saying her wearing it for interview is right. She should have pulled it off and return it after the interview or anytime she want. However, many Nigerian see those who leg chain as sluts, club ladies et Al and many

don't even know why leg chain should be worn, wearing leg chains tells you that " I am married but yet available for extra marital affairs if you would want it " it is as simple as that.

Look, I don't fault ladies who wear them because it is either they are ignorant of it or they wear it for thesame reasons ..

So her reason for wearing it is that yes she’s married but she wants to be sleeping around in her intended office?
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by balanceofterror1(m): 3:47am On Mar 15, 2022
mexyk:
If this is true, then the employers have something fundamentally wrong with them. When did leg chain become a sign of irresponsibility or an indication of professional incompetence? This is simply social intolerance and backwardness.

Everything is wrong with leg chains.
No responsible person will chain her leg let alone going for an interview with her leg chained.

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by deebrain(m): 3:49am On Mar 15, 2022
A very stupid generation.

She would have worn torn jeans na!

Hisses.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by mercyland93(m): 3:54am On Mar 15, 2022
Those ladies with chain/chains on there leg are brainless human. Just imagine the bondage they put the leg into.
In some countries like spain(the spaniad - in the olden days) prisoners are indicated/noticed by chain on thier legs.

So leg chain or chains on leg signifies bondage just like that person is a prisoner...
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by MARYIAN(f): 3:55am On Mar 15, 2022
There are ways to dress to different functions and places. A leg chain will only pass you off as a core or club girl. If she wore it to a club interview, she would have been considered but in a corporate organization, it's a no no. You're required to dress properly and look responsible.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Enemyofpeace: 4:05am On Mar 15, 2022
It serves her right, next time she will now the difference between dressing for job interview and going to a nightclub
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Enemyofpeace: 4:07am On Mar 15, 2022
mexyk:
If this is true, then the employers have something fundamentally wrong with them. When did leg chain become a sign of irresponsibility or an indication of professional incompetence? This is simply social intolerance and backwardness.

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by middlebelter(m): 4:09am On Mar 15, 2022
N2B2:

All these insults because a girl you don't know wore an anklet? You need to look in a mirror and re-evaluate your life.

Anklets are simple ornaments, like rings, necklaces, etc. People have been wearing them long before your forefathers were born.

Your case may be worse than the girl in question if you haven't learnt anything from the above comments and explanations.
If you own a company and want to employe people, won't you look forward to hire people who in addition to been able to do the job their live style won't cause any issue for you or other workers? If you notice what you don't likein a person, won't you rather avoid it than put your head?
In as much as people wish to choose the way they want to live, they shouldn't force others to accept them. If you choose to dress like a masquerade, don't expect the owner of a bank to hire you as a teller.

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Globalistic(f): 4:18am On Mar 15, 2022
Hahaha!

Thank God the employer didn't employ her. What does indecency got to do decency?

I detest ladies with ankle chain... The moment I see one, I will draw a conclusion this because you can't see a decent lady with the fear of the Lord wearing a leg chain.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by phemmyfour: 4:20am On Mar 15, 2022
Easyincome24:
What could be wrong disqualifying a lady in a job interview for wearing a leg chain?

https://mobile.twitter.com/JojoNitq/status/1502744937007300620
No sane person in this part of the World will wear leg chain to a corporate event. It doesn't depicts seriousness
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Tzar(m): 4:29am On Mar 15, 2022
Will you employ a zazu / portable looking individual as nanny for your kids or security guard in your house?
Looks matter dumbo! For most people, after they get past what they physically see on you, then they can begin to access your abilities.

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by alloy123: 4:47am On Mar 15, 2022
U mean pet dogs? grin grin grin I hate leg chain with passion.
Totilopussylick:
Come to yaba, you go see several of them wearing leg chain parading themselves around like pet dogs tongue.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Amarisco(f): 4:48am On Mar 15, 2022
ttmacoy:
Try all that in a country that works and see how quickly you will go out of business.

That’s just it. Nigeria is a failed state - hence this kind of thread. You can’t see this shit in a functioning country where citizens have more meaningful matters arising such as granting Ukraine asylum. Mmba! Nobody even cared to ask for the nature of the work in question. What if it’s to pack shit in someone’s back yard? Will the anklet be relevant then

People are talking of culture, decency and etc. but in many native, indigenous, African religions, women wear anklets of different colours and materials - each with their own purpose. So who is fooling who?

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by 3RNEST(m): 4:58am On Mar 15, 2022
Leg chain to work in NIGERIA, BTW who she wan impressed? grin
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by scait(m): 5:02am On Mar 15, 2022
Bigredmachine:
What has a leg chain got to do with the job, was the question... Now the answer is... What is the work of the leg chain on the leg...

I have come to a conclusion that many people don't have any tangible reasons as to why they do some certain things in this life, because u see other people do it, u too just want to do it...

If for example my friend who is a musician tints his hair, pierce his ear and draws tattoo on his body (just to promote his hustle) and because it looks good on him, then me an aspiring banker or a medical doctor should i now go and do same, just because it looks good... Anyway I digress

This empty skull headed girl, would see it as normal and something accepted by the general public...

Am happy she did not get the Job... Cause her appearance has already showed she's irresponsible...
you have said it all my bro.. but they won't hear.

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Ray7878: 5:11am On Mar 15, 2022
I don’t care what you wear in that terms. But dress appropriately for an interview. Neck chain, leg chain whatever, that doesn’t determine your work ethics.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by saintobing: 5:13am On Mar 15, 2022
For me any girl wearing leg chain doesn't deserve to be a wife. I cannot or even think of getting one as my wife.

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Toks2008(m): 5:14am On Mar 15, 2022
Each job comes with a dress code.

They ought to have simply make her understand that she will get rid of the chain rather than deny her the job except there is another reason she was denied the job.

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Aroyjunior(m): 5:19am On Mar 15, 2022
It shows a major sign of irresponsibility;you call it an interview,she should know in this part of the world;when they call an interview you ought to be well dressed,well dressed simply shows how responsible you are.i am sure if the company is a brothel she would get the job.
She got what she deserved.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by scait(m): 5:19am On Mar 15, 2022
Dpharisee:

No disturb us abeg wear am go interview for NNPC
I no fit laugh.. the guy dey disturb me sef as I dey read comments grin
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Khaysee: 5:27am On Mar 15, 2022
Continue with wayward life and be looking for helper you go wait tire

If you financially ok chain and tattoo the way you like no one is ready to invest in irresponsible being

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Bigredmachine: 5:32am On Mar 15, 2022
gargoyle:

That's why you're not God. Which kain hateful speech be this

It's not an hateful speech man, I don't pray I get that power in a minutes cause I will wreck havoc on human...

How can ur jeans have belt and long enough to cover ur waist and u chose to draw it down so the boxers can show... Maybe it's okay by u, but to me it's not okay and I hate people who do it, no offense... Am not God and I can't be God

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by kinyoojo: 5:33am On Mar 15, 2022
I appreciate all those that have condemned the irresponsible dressing of the lady.
Maybe we should pray that the friend who posted the piece should also experience such since she doesn't see anything wrong with the dressing.
Let me tell you, I am in a position to employ in my organization and I can disqualify a lady for putting on two earrings on the same ear or putting on earrings on the nose.
You have to differentiate between professionalism and your aristo life

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by naijadrivablog: 5:33am On Mar 15, 2022
Good. She must learn a lesson.
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by mrksquare: 5:35am On Mar 15, 2022
Bigredmachine:

I detest guys who wear hearings, plait their hairs, do artificial dread locks, the one that annoys me most and always make me wish I have power to eliminate them without being questioned is guys who sag l...

Note that if u are a music star , a celebrity, that does all these, I would have no problem... But to see young people who just want to belong sag their jeans, makes me mad

The reason I left my babe last year was the fact that she pierce her nose and started wearing ear ring on it .

I thought about the backlash and scorn I will get from my conservative parents should I take her to them for introduction. I kukuma leave the babe. I warned her but she was very reluctant to heed to my advice.

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by naija4life247: 5:37am On Mar 15, 2022
Easyincome24:

Could we also say same goes to people having noticeable tattoos?

Only criminals draw tattoos on their body.

Have you seen tattoo on Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla, Aruma Oteh, Oby Ezekwelisi, Yemi Osinbajo, Nyesom Wike, Bill Clinton, Mitchell Obama, Queen Elizabeth?

Who is your own role model? Is it the Zaa Zooh king or Tonto Dikeh ?
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by maybet081: 5:38am On Mar 15, 2022
mexyk:
it is
Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Bigredmachine: 5:38am On Mar 15, 2022
kinyoojo:
I appreciate all those that have condemned the irresponsible dressing of the lady.
Maybe we should pray that the friend who posted the piece should also experience such since she doesn't see anything wrong with the dressing.
Let me tell you, I am in a position to employ in my organization and I can disqualify a lady for putting on two earrings on the same ear or putting on earrings on the nose.
You have to differentiate between professionalism and your aristo life

How a vast majority of Nigerians fail to understand what is acceptable in our society is very very surprising to me... Without being told or taught... Mere being born in Nigeria and growing up here alone one is expected to know what's expected at any given place ...

Just imagine portable dressing in a suit to a concert in surulere... grin

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Twoclans(f): 5:42am On Mar 15, 2022
Munzy14:

You have endorsed the one wey suit your taste na grin
I know you go dey wear leg chain like wrist watch

LOL

Leg chain is something I wear occasionally and the last time I checked I dont think I can be considered the worst of human beings currently on earth.

The problem with Nigeria is that we are too religious yet very wicked at heart and to our fellow human beings .

Munzy dear dont worry I wont wear leg chain to your house I will only wear jigida. grin cheesy

Re: Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. by Bigredmachine: 5:43am On Mar 15, 2022
mrksquare:

The reason I left my babe last year was the fact that she pierce her nose and started wearing ear ring on it .

I thought about the backlash and scorn I will get from my conservative parents should I take her to them for introduction. I kukuma leave the babe. I warned her but she was very reluctant to heed to my advice.

Brother the matter tire me o, I can manage a guy who draw tattoo, pierce his ears, even do dread... But you see that sagging ennn e get the way the thing dey do me for body

As for the girls who do such... They fail to realize that they are chasing away responsible guys away from them

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Available Engineering Jobs 2016 / Nigeria Bottling Company Aptitude Test Invite / Is This Pure Act Of Slavery Or Real Job Vacancy? (Picture)