Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile (41868 Views)

My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan / Huge Crocodile Killed In Umunze, Anambra & Taken Home On A Bike / 'When God Of Bush Meat Remembered Me'; Man Shares His Experience In Owerri. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by pocohantas(f): 6:26pm On Mar 14, 2022
Twitter user and Nigerian food critic shares his experience eating crocodile.

In his words:

“Surprise surprise, crocodile doesn’t taste like fish or anything from the sea. The flesh actually tastes like a mix of turkey and chicken with a strong bushmeat smell and the skin is like really really hard kpomo. Even though it is a land and sea creature, tastewise it does not have anything sea in it, if you know what I mean…”

SOURCE

Would you eat a crocodile?
I definitely wouldn’t. Crocodile??!
Imagine the number of baby crocodiles they have to kill to meet their demand.

Would you eat this? grin

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Tallesty1(m): 6:31pm On Mar 14, 2022
Has a python kind of taste

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by pocohantas(f): 6:33pm On Mar 14, 2022
Tallesty1:

How are we supposed to know how python tastes? The only message I see here is that you’ve eaten both python and crocodile. cry cry

328 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Shegzdave: 6:35pm On Mar 14, 2022
My head would definitely be asking,
“You sure say you no dey pass yourself” grin grin

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by GloriousGbola: 6:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
pocohantas:

In his words:

SOURCE

I definitely wouldn’t o. Crocodile??!

“Surprise surprise, crocodile doesn’t taste like fish or anything from the sea. The flesh actually tastes like a mix of turkey and chicken with a strong bushmeat smell and the skin is like really really hard kpomo. Even though it is a land and sea creature, tastewise it does not have anything sea in it, if you know what I mean…”

instagrammers falling hand everyday

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by GloriousGbola: 6:37pm On Mar 14, 2022
pocohantas:

In his words:

SOURCE

I definitely wouldn’t o. Crocodile??!

african crocs are all freshwater - suprised poco , our resident national geographic expat did not pick this tongue

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Tallesty1(m): 6:40pm On Mar 14, 2022
pocohantas:

How are we supposed to know how python tastes? The only message I see here is that you’ve eaten both python and crocodile. cry cry
Python tastes like the product of one night stand between chicken and catfish.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by pocohantas(f): 6:41pm On Mar 14, 2022
GloriousGbola:

african crocs are all freshwater - suprised poco , our resident national geographic expat did not pick this tongue

What has that got to do with anything? Because I am sure he used the word sea loosely.

18 Likes

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by pocohantas(f): 6:42pm On Mar 14, 2022
Tallesty1:
Python tastes like the product of one night stand between chicken and catfish.

Chicken I know.
Catfish I HATE WITH EVERYTHING IN ME.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by GloriousGbola: 6:44pm On Mar 14, 2022
pocohantas:

What has that got to do with anything? Because I am sure he used the word sea loosely.

i am used to reading your extensive analyses and explanations on different snakes na. so i kind of expected you would do the same here. your OCD suppose manifest here too wink

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by pocohantas(f): 6:46pm On Mar 14, 2022
GloriousGbola:

i am used to reading your extensive analyses and explanations on different snakes na. so i kind of expected you would do the same here. your OCD suppose manifest here too wink

I didn’t overthink it because I understood his point to mean, it is not soft like fish or anything from the SEA water.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Tallesty1(m): 6:50pm On Mar 14, 2022
pocohantas:

Chicken I know.
Good thing ours is e-friendship.

No way I can be offline friends with a lady that hates catfish and fried plantain.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by pocohantas(f): 6:53pm On Mar 14, 2022
Tallesty1:
Good thing ours is e-friendship.

No way I can be offline friends with a lady that hates catfish and fried plantain.

If I show you a picture of the plantain my friend gave me, you might suffer a heart attack. It got black. I didn’t say spoiled o. grin
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Tallesty1(m): 8:48pm On Mar 14, 2022
pocohantas:

If I show you a picture of the plantain my friend gave me, you might suffer a heart attack. It got black. I didn’t say spoiled o. grin
This is enough reason for domestic violence cry

grin

You see plantain and banana bah, no keep am where I go see am.

But yam? Mtchewww.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by izzou(m): 9:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
pocohantas:

Chicken I know.

You no sabi anything before naa

Coconut head

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Mofun: 12:59am On Mar 19, 2022
I'd like to try it out. I have tasted snake meat on a few occasions and I like it (tastes like fish).

Please check my signature. https://www.nairaland.com/6679289/more-theilda-concepts

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Ishilove: 1:22pm On Mar 29, 2022
pocohantas:

This is disgusting cry
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Ishilove: 1:24pm On Mar 29, 2022
pocohantas:

Chicken I know.
Catfish I LOVE WITH EVERYTHING IN ME cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by pocohantas(f): 1:25pm On Mar 29, 2022
Ishilove:

This is disgusting cry

They said it is very sweet, Ishi. The least crocodile goes for N60,000. Why would someone spend that much to eat a crocodile?

Ishilove:

Catfish I LOVE WITH EVERYTHING IN ME cheesy

*throws up*

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Ishilove: 1:26pm On Mar 29, 2022
pocohantas:

They said it is very sweet, Ishi. The least crocodile goes for N60,000. Why would someone spend that much to eat a crocodile?
Human beings like eating rubbish. How can anyone eat a carnivore?? I can't eat what eats flesh.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Ishilove: 1:27pm On Mar 29, 2022
pocohantas:

*throws up*
Have you tasted catfish before? smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by folake4u(f): 1:32pm On Mar 29, 2022
Ishilove:

grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by pocohantas(f): 1:35pm On Mar 29, 2022
Ishilove:

Human beings like eating rubbish. How can anyone eat a carnivore?? I can't eat what eats flesh.

Exactly. I also think it is gross to eat carnivores. I don’t even have a reason, I sha find it weird. cheesy

Ishilove:

How else do I know I hate it? angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Ishilove: 1:59pm On Mar 29, 2022
pocohantas:

How else do I know I hate it? angry
Issa a strange sometin, this hatred of yours... undecided

The soft, silky taste against your tongue is to die for.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by GloriousGbola: 2:00pm On Mar 29, 2022
Ishilove:

Issa a strange sometin, this hatred of yours... undecided

The soft, silky taste against your tongue is to die for.

Wait a minute - What cat is being eaten here please?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Ishilove: 2:14pm On Mar 29, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Wait a minute - What cat is being eaten here please?
Cat...fish, you perv grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by boldking(m): 7:12pm On Mar 29, 2022
Na their way foodie , always eating

I still sell Instagram Twitter Facebook telegram tittok Spotify audiomac YouTube followers with comments views and likes mention at an affordable price
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Bobloco: 7:13pm On Mar 29, 2022
grin
Crocodile python
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by BSdetective: 7:13pm On Mar 29, 2022
This is an old video....looks tasty and spicy, can't eat snakes but crocs is something I can try. Who has tried elephant meat before?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by seunny4lif(m): 7:13pm On Mar 29, 2022
Tallesty1:
Really?
Meaning the meat go sweet grin
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by CheedyJ(m): 7:14pm On Mar 29, 2022
How I wan take know wetin u mean when I never taste am before
Re: Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile by Ladiesdoctor(m): 7:14pm On Mar 29, 2022
Eat crocodile?

I no be Chinese oo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hilda Baci Is Set To Break Guinness World Record With Marathon Cooking / Men Eat From Heaps Of Fufu At Food-Eating Competition In Cross-River (Video) / Coke Vs Pepsi: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.