Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,848 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity (3088 Views)

Fuel Scarcity In 1974, See Cars In Vogue In The 70s As Nigerians Queue (video) / "Evil Spirit, Baby Boy, Big For Nothing" – Popular Cars Renamed By Nigerians / Between Camry Spider And Honda Evil Spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by 234GT(m): 6:38pm On Mar 14, 2022
Good evening car gurus,

I have observed that there are very few tokunbo Evil spirits in the car section and also in physical car stands.

I live in Ado Ekiti and there are VERY few Accords in car stands. Most car stands don't even have at all.

What could be the reason for this. I am planning to buy one before the end of the year, but the scarcity is kind of a red flag �.
Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by fineboynl(m): 7:59pm On Mar 14, 2022
Toks for Honda don't sell. Only Nigeria use sell fast because of the low price. You will buy a car with no resell value? You will lose 60% to 70% if you decide to upgrade in the next 2 to 3 years.

Most people choose Toyota because of resell value

3 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by 234GT(m): 8:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
fineboynl:
Toks for Honda don't sell. Only Nigeria use sell fast because of the low price. You will ba a car with no resell value? You will lose 60% to 70% if you decide to upgrade in the next 2 to 3 years.

Very valid point sir. Thanks.
Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by fineboynl(m): 9:10pm On Mar 14, 2022
234GT:

Very valid point sir. Thanks.
Buy Corolla. You can sell it within a week if the need arise.
Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by dadabashua1(m): 9:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
If you have someone in the north he will get it for you,e full north,Honda is better valued in the north both as used and toks,so wise dealers move it there,southern Nigeria is not the market for Honda.

7 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by 234GT(m): 10:03pm On Mar 14, 2022
True � talk @dadabashua1

2 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by okoroemeka(m): 8:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
fineboynl:
Toks for Honda don't sell. Only Nigeria use sell fast because of the low price. You will buy a car with no resell value? You will lose 60% to 70% if you decide to upgrade in the next 2 to 3 years.

I don't think your point is valid,after Toyota the next best selling car is Honda,I bought an 06 Honda DC last year April for #850k after serious searching and fast forward this January it was priced #1.2m,in fact the last car I used before the DC was an Acura RL that I sold after using it for four years with #100k on top of what I bought the car in 2014
Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by dadabashua1(m): 9:17pm On Mar 15, 2022
okoroemeka:
I don't think your point is valid,after Toyota the next best selling car is Honda,I bought an 06 Honda DC last year April for #850k after serious searching and fast forward this January it was priced #1.2m,in fact the last car I used before the DC was an Acura RL that I sold after using it for four years with #100k on top of what I bought the car in 2014
God bless you for this post,I find it funny when people say Honda has no second half value,I always ask them how? Calculate the amount you bought the car deduct the amount you sold it and that will give you an idea of second hand value, but I noticed most Nigerians are ignorant of what second value is actually is,tired of drawing their attention to that,I bought a corolla for 2.6mil sold it off 1.5M after some years,I lost 1.1M from its original value,you bought a civic for 2.1M and sold it off for 1M you also lost 1.1M so tell me how civic doesn't have a good second hand value? Honestly in the north Honda competes with Toyota self in the second hand value grammar, is so unfortunate most so called car enthusiasts don't know what second hand value really means,I'm tired of explaining to people how it works,reasons why I always look and pass I no get strength let every one believe what pleases them o.. cheesy

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by skywalker240(m): 11:46pm On Mar 15, 2022
dadabashua1:
God bless you for this post,I find it funny when people say Honda has no second half value,I always ask them how? Calculate the amount you bought the car deduct the amount you sold it and that will give you an idea of second hand value, but I noticed most Nigerians are ignorant of what second value is actually is,tired of drawing their attention to that,I bought a corolla for 2.6mil sold it off 1.5M after some years,I lost 1.1M from its original value,you bought a civic for 2.1M and sold it off for 1M you also lost 1.1M so tell me how civic doesn't have a good second hand value? Honestly in the north Honda competes with Toyota self in the second hand value grammar, is so unfortunate most so called car enthusiasts don't know what second hand value really means,I'm tired of explaining to people how it works,reasons why I always look and pass I no get strength let every one believe what pleases them o.. cheesy
Extremely Correct

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by Itsrm(m): 5:58am On Mar 16, 2022
okoroemeka:

The guy is saying tokunbo Honda is hard to sell you are telling us how you bought your DC for 850k. Was that a Tokunbo? Why did you not buy a tokunbo and see how much it will be priced when you want to sell

Must you people argue for the sake of argument?

2 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by Itsrm(m): 5:59am On Mar 16, 2022
dadabashua1:

You were desperate to sell or sold a dead car. No one loses 1.1m on a 2.6m corolla.

4 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by dadabashua1(m): 6:01am On Mar 16, 2022
Itsrm:

You were desperate to sell or sold a dead car. No one loses 1.1m on a corolla.
na so(laughs in 2008-2013 corolla model years undecided)

1 Like

Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by Correct05: 11:26am On Mar 16, 2022
Your sense dey there.
dadabashua1:

2 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by dadabashua1(m): 9:38am On Mar 17, 2022
You see an example of what I was saying abi?don't use your location to conclude,Honda sells like mad in the north,they are always on demand,some don't even last a day on car stand, so always talk about your location DON'T generalise.

Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by 234GT(m): 5:02pm On Mar 17, 2022
dadabashua1:
You see an example of what I was saying abi?don't use your location to conclude,Honda sells like mad in the north,they are always on demand,some don't even last a day on car stand, so always talk about your location DON'T generalise.

I understand Sir. I know Honda is well valued in the North. Are you based in the North?
Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by dadabashua1(m): 6:08pm On Mar 17, 2022
234GT:

I understand Sir. I know Honda is well valued in the North. Are you based in the North?
yes its one of my base,spent a lot of time there.
Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by okoroemeka(m): 6:05am On Mar 18, 2022
Itsrm:

The guy is saying tokunbo Honda is hard to sell you are telling us how you bought your DC for 850k. Was that a Tokunbo? Why did you not buy a tokunbo and see how much it will be priced when you want to sell

Must you people argue for the sake of argument?
all cars depreciate even new ones driven out of show rooms cannot be sold same in one month of use,the reason I state the cost of the DC is because Honda's are still very valuable and has good resale value for a 14 yr old car,and price of vehicle depends on the condition of the car not if you use the car to carry plantain and crayfish from oron to ijebuode you will expect it have value,I priced a 06 Honda DC #1m last year due to the clean condition of the car but dealer insisted on #1.3,he later sold it even more than that,for a Nigeria used
Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:14pm On Mar 18, 2022
OP don't use Ekiti to base your conclusion.come Abuja ,even Honda wey pass evil spirit na him dem dey use.Toks evil spirit dey yakpa.Maybe e no dey sell for Ekiti.Normally toyota cost pass honda but you must see buyer when you are ready to sell your honda.Me i have never cared about resale value.Infact I dashed my mum my last Honda and God gave me money to buy anoda.

3 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by Itsrm(m): 7:22pm On Mar 18, 2022
okoroemeka:
all cars depreciate even new ones driven out of show rooms cannot be sold same in one month of use,the reason I state the cost of the DC is because Honda's are still very valuable and has good resale value for a 14 yr old car,and price of vehicle depends on the condition of the car not if you use the car to carry plantain and crayfish from oron to ijebuode you will expect it have value,I priced a 06 Honda DC #1m last year due to the clean condition of the car but dealer insisted on #1.3,he later sold it even more than that,for a Nigeria used

The guy said Toks Honda evil spirit don't sell because people don't buy them due to perceived resale value. Whether the resale value part is true or not is irrelevant. The main point he's making is that Toks Honda evil spirit don't sell. Do you have a contrary opinion?
Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by okoroemeka(m): 7:58pm On Mar 18, 2022
Itsrm:

The guy said Toks Honda evil spirit don't sell because people don't buy them due to perceived resale value. Whether the resale value part is true or not is irrelevant. The main point he's making is that Toks Honda evil spirit don't sell. Do you have a contrary opinion?
my contrary opinion is that his observation is based on ekiti state alone and you cannot use one test result to conclude an experiment,let him go and sample the market in Lagos, the north, southeast and southsouth and revaluate his theory.

7 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by smestudio: 8:21pm On Mar 18, 2022
fineboynl:

What has resell Value have to do with a car. Buy what you like enjoy it. Work hard, pray Harder and God will bless you enough to dash your car out and buy another Toks/brand new. Stop worrying about resell value.

Also, OP you are wrong about Honda Toks not selling. You should come to Lagos (V.I and Lekki axis) you'd see even best and best of latest models selling fast. And it even sells more up North.

2 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by 234GT(m): 8:31pm On Mar 18, 2022
My concern is that dealers don't stock Evil spirit in Ekiti here.

Well, make I gather the remaining cash.

1 Like

Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by Itsrm(m): 8:43pm On Mar 18, 2022
okoroemeka:
my contrary opinion is that his observation is based on ekiti state alone and you cannot use one test result to conclude an experiment,let him go and sample the market in Lagos, the north, southeast and southsouth and revaluate his theory.

Fair enough
Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by smestudio: 10:52pm On Mar 18, 2022
234GT:
My concern is that dealers don't stock Evil spirit in Ekiti here.

Well, make I gather the remaining cash.

So it probably means that people in Ekiti don't like Evil Sprit. Maybe they fear the Leg might pull due to the state of the Roads. And you know mechanics have an influence on us too with all these are fake opinions about Honda Legs..

1 Like

Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 26, 2022
234GT:

Well, I'm in Abuja. And I've seen like two (2008 edition) going for about 1.4 M .
2010 for about 2 M. There's another one there in ado ekiti , close to you. It's clean. You might like it. It is a 2010-2011 model.
Like you said, when you've gathered your money complete... I'll be available to assist you in inspecting any one of them, if it comes to that. You were the first person to respond to my plea the whole of today on NL. Bigger you, I pray. Amen.
Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by Craigbrown4076: 5:52am On Mar 26, 2022
okoroemeka:

Chief, I have my eyes on that DC as well, please how is the car serving you?
Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by dadabashua1(m): 7:39am On Mar 26, 2022
Craigbrown4076:

Chief, I have my eyes on that DC as well, please how is the car serving you?
I've used it before,so its from personal experience, bro the ride is solid, very reliable, smooth transmission, very balance on high speed,the ride is heavy on the ground,just do your usual servicing with recommended fluids,you go enjoy the ride die bros. cheesy A.C na cold room.

1 Like

Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 31, 2022
234GT:

How fa, I don't know if you were intending to buy a Honda evil spirit when you out up this post. But that day, I sent a message to one seller there in ekiti state, he just got back to me that I should call him, he has it. A 2011 edition, @1.7m So, I just said I should let u know. I don't know if you will need his number?
Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by 234GT(m): 5:08pm On Mar 31, 2022
PaulOtl:

How fa, I don't know if you were intending to buy a Honda evil spirit when you out up this post. But that day, I sent a message to one seller there in ekiti state, he just got back to me that I should call him, he has it. A 2011 edition, @1.7m So, I just said I should let u know. I don't know if you will need his number?

Thanks sir. I am still gathering the cash. I really appreciate.
Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by DonnyE(m): 5:13pm On Apr 01, 2022
dadabashua1:
Bros which year did you buy corolla 2.6M and you said u used it for "years" again.. hmmmmmmm...what model ...make Una take am easy ooo
Re: Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity by dadabashua1(m): 5:33pm On Apr 01, 2022
DonnyE:

Bros which year did you buy corolla 2.6M and you said u used it for "years" again.. hmmmmmmm...what model ...make Una take am easy ooo
take your time to read to understand pls,I'm using the average current market value,and I'm just citing an example how second hand value works,an average Nigerian thinks the higher you sell the better the the second hand value, forgetting that you probably bought it at a higher cost from the onset.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Innoson Motors Prize List / I Need Good Shocks Absorbers For My Solara / Car Scratches And Other Stains

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.