Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,847 members, 7,802,708 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo (66790 Views)

Russia Deploys Mystery Device In Ukraine Which Is Unknown To USA / Jens Stoltenberg: Russia Is Using Cluster Bombs In Ukraine / RUSSIA Is Set To Begin Final Tests On Its Lethal Hypersonic 6100mph Missile(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Awoleesu(m): 10:16am On Mar 15, 2022
Olam09:

The earth is cylindrical to you again?

Don't be dumb! My statement was only illustrative... undecided
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by 9jayes: 10:16am On Mar 15, 2022
Meninmen:

What are the 3 continents please? I only know Russia is in Europe and Asia, spanning 2 continents.
so d USA is in Europe
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by JayFredo: 10:17am On Mar 15, 2022
almarthins:

Na strategy. Draw them away from home and make them vulnerable. A strategy used by the ancient people of Israel against ai and benjamite

Oga rest, it’s easier to reach Moscow from Ukraine than Alaska
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by JayFredo: 10:21am On Mar 15, 2022
rolams:
This map is complicated to me because I have no knowledge at all in map reading.

I saw Canada sharing boarder with Alaska at the left, Denmark at the top right angle, North atlantic ocean separating America and Europe, then, Iceland at the middle. The Norwegian sea before Norway, Sweden, Finland which directly shared boarder with Russia through saint petersburg. All in the map of the world.

Pls, how is Alaska closer to Russia? Is it through the spherical shape of the world or what?

Geographers should assist me abeg.

The earth is spherical not flat, the third picture you sent of Alaska check it western boundary and check Russ eastern boundary
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Fiscus105(m): 10:23am On Mar 15, 2022
BanevsJoker:

There is something called mutually assured destruction. It's like getting into a fight with an Agbero. Even if you win, na you lose. First, your fine face go spoil, your white shirt go stain etc.
Russia don't care about civilian casualties, but the US do. Even one US civilian casualty is one too many, but Russia don't care if millions of Russians die in the conflict.

Russian don't care? How dumb you are! Putin no care yet he surrounded himself with water-tight security even much more than USA president, nobody, I repeat nobody will not shit for body when destruction, (not death o ) near.

Gadaffi , Hussein and Hitler of this world bragged more than that, they became cold when they finally subdued.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by SeriouslySense(m): 10:25am On Mar 15, 2022
They are so close, this helps the theory that Russia and China can sneak from dat side into the USA, if the USA is at a moment of weakness. Although these are cold seas with drastic ocean current, but the melting of the ice caps, makes it easier.

uzoma213:
bro look at that your map. The vertical line you see there separates Russia and the Alaska (literally the USA)

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by SeriouslySense(m): 10:27am On Mar 15, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Everyone is still learning, they may finally get another day.
Olam09:

After seeing the answer some idiot will still be foolish enough to put in 53 miles in their geography test.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by ufotunang: 10:28am On Mar 15, 2022
Ok why can't Russia collect and annex some USA states na...they are close to each other...same border...and USA is the oga of NATO
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by wilzindinero: 10:33am On Mar 15, 2022
wow! tnks slot for this imp info,,, use to think the two countries are very far from each other.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:39am On Mar 15, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] It's too early to be stupid . Just Google and see for yourself. Or better still enter wikipedia and see how Russians sold Alaska to the US
I have learned something today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Olam09(m): 10:40am On Mar 15, 2022
Awoleesu:

Don't be dumb! My statement was only illustrative... undecided

Don't be dumb I'm just asking undecided
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Olam09(m): 10:41am On Mar 15, 2022
wilzindinero:
wow! tnks slot for this imp info,,, use to think the two countries are very far from each other.

You wan fail geography test.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by BanevsJoker(m): 10:45am On Mar 15, 2022
Fiscus105:

Russian don't care? How dumb you are! Putin no care yet he surrounded himself with water-tight security even much more than USA president, nobody, I repeat nobody will not shit for body when destruction, (not death o ) near.

Gadaffi , Hussein and Hitler of this world bragged more than that, they became cold when they finally subdued.
He surrounded HIMSELF with watertight security. I was referring to civilian casualties. Read to comprehend, not to attack. There are no Nairaland awards for the most disrespectful comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by ciencee(m): 10:47am On Mar 15, 2022
Amotolongbo:
The Alaska itself was sold to US by Russia in 1867.
If not, Na only Canada go separate the contiguous US states from Russia.

I am quite sure that Russia will be regretting ever selling Alaska to US. The then US secretary encouraging and signing the deal then was seen as a foolish man (Seward folly), he is now being praised as a man of foresight later on

One day Alaska will separate from the USA to become an independent country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by eventainment(m): 10:55am On Mar 15, 2022
mployer:
So why are they afraid of Ukraine joining NATO, when the chief NATO country is their neighbour?
Cause with Ukraine there will be a great loop hole; at the moment they can monitor from that angle and other angles but Ukrainians and Russians are nearly same in language et all and penetration can be easy for NATO from Ukraine

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 15, 2022
9jayes:
so d USA is in Europe

The US is in North America.

Russia is in Europe and Asia.

My point is that Russia spans 2 continents (Europe and Asia). Not 3 continents.

2 Likes

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Deepthoughts: 10:59am On Mar 15, 2022
mmb:
Just 53 miles apart
what you failed to point out is that,yes Alaska is a US territory but it's far away from the US main land as it is sandwich by Canada n the US main land,as a matter of fact the US bought Alaska from Russia n now serves as the US defense post on Russian East with radar n missile bases giving the US huge edge over Russia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by gibsonwales(m): 11:04am On Mar 15, 2022
Get it right, what you wrote is the distance between mainland Alaska and mainland Russia (not mainland Alaska to Russia). The distance between Russia and Alaska is 2935.98 miles (4725km) which will take a 6-7hours flight.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by drnoel: 11:09am On Mar 15, 2022
mmb:
Just 53 miles apart

This information may be true but it's also just a misdirection. The closest point in Alaska which is officially an American state but they don't have much there and Alaska is actually far from US mainland. There is a big naval base there too and they monitor Russia from there too.
If U check, you will see there was a time Russia offered to buy Alaska
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by mmb(m): 11:09am On Mar 15, 2022
Deepthoughts:
what you failed to point out is that,yes Alaska is a US territory but it's far away from the US main land as it is sandwich by Canada n the US main land,as a matter of fact the US bought Alaska from Russia n now serves as the US defense post on Russian East with radar n missile bases giving the US huge edge over Russia.
But is still US land and so any Russian attack on Alaska is as good as attack on US Mainland.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 15, 2022
Yusufisraelj:

Offkos, clearly DOD won't say even thier nuclear strategic policy forbids that.

But non the less building facilities as such start with defense in mind in case of invasion, technology transfer and sabotage, hence my bias, but your observation is very key, one can't be too sure.

ICMBs primarily are for nukes but that's subjective depending on country's intent and if I want a conventional warhead or bioweapon to travel over 5,500km it comes to mind of I don't want casualties from air raids with stealth bombers.

You will get more casaulties from Using conventional weapons on ICMBs than from air raids with stealth bombers.

There is no country in this world that uses conventional weapons on ICMBs. It's doesn't make any sense, when there are several other cost effective means of delivering conventional bombs.

In theory, yes, ICMB can carry conventional, chemical and biological weapons, but in reality, every country that has ICMB use it to carry nuclear weapons.

Imagine a country having a stealth bomber but decide the bomber should be used to fire gun bullets.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by almarthins(m): 11:10am On Mar 15, 2022
JayFredo:

Oga rest, it’s easier to reach Moscow from Ukraine than Alaska

Go and read the "art of war" by sun Tzu. And don't come here and be arguing blindly. Didn't Hitler use the same strategy on France and Britain. Britain would had bn left defenceless if not for her dorminance over some nations who were under her.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by mmb(m): 11:14am On Mar 15, 2022
Olam09:

E be like say this op dey smoke igbo...no bullshit you posted baba.. if you wan help me argue.. i go explain to you wella.
Na you take wiwi, all what we know is Alaska is part of USA and is close to Russian territory.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by badbreathcure101: 11:19am On Mar 15, 2022
Rexymania:
It was even Russia that sold Alaska to them
and if you hear the amount the bought it from them you will know that USA has been doing Yahoo before the world knew it ever existed
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Amotolongbo(f): 11:24am On Mar 15, 2022
Legalcriminal:
World map is confusing or I should just say God is over creative
That is the projection of the globe to 2D.

It isn’t confusing sir
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by emmyluizzz: 11:26am On Mar 15, 2022
Amotolongbo:

I am quite sure that Russia will be regretting ever selling Alaska to US. The then US secretary encouraging and signing the deal then was seen as a foolish man (Seward folly), he is now being praised as a man of foresight later on

and she is married

the intelligent ones are all married
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by kokomilala(m): 11:28am On Mar 15, 2022
@uzoma213,you rushed to reply without giving what I said deep consideration.
On the face of the post; as it appears,the map doesn't put the US in the West or in North America. The US looks like it's in the East,and Russia in the West. The morro distorts reality,just as it reflects it.
Cartographers disotort maps. Africa is the most centripetal continent in the world and three and half times the size of the US..But racist cathographers blatantly distorted it.It was another cathographer who adjusted the accident of history of the racist cathographers and allowed the logic of the cosmos to reveal its reality.
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by seunlayi(m): 11:33am On Mar 15, 2022
Keegan:

Most of you know nothing and you are blinded by sentiment, and at the same time failed to learn more.

In my opinion, Russia deliberately attacked Ukraine and Putin did this to study and note NATO reactions. He also waited patiently, allowing them to shipload Military hardwares into Ukraine before attacking the warehouse and foreigners that brought them. If you think Putin is stupid you have to rethink this.

he is

1 Like

Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by Rexymania(m): 11:35am On Mar 15, 2022
grin grin

badbreathcure101:
and if you hear the amount the bought it from them you will know that USA has been doing Yahoo before the world knew it ever existed
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by armadeo(m): 11:36am On Mar 15, 2022
Comradewhy:
And how did you come up with this?
Your source?
Edit: thanks to those who addressed me in a cultured manner,I got that.

Why should I be ashamed of asking about something I have no idea on?
People on here can be very funny,this is a public forum and I don't think asking questions is wrong.
I rather do than act like I know about it,you shouldn't expect me or anyone to know everything about the world map,I must say I am surprised at the insult.

Fact check:most people insulting me actually don't know about this.

I also didn't know and I was going to say the bolded
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by JayFredo: 11:53am On Mar 15, 2022
almarthins:

Go and read the "art of war" by sun Tzu. And don't come here and be arguing blindly. Didn't Hitler use the same strategy on France and Britain. Britain would had bn left defenceless if not for her dorminance over some nations who were under her.

So what’s your point now?
Re: See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo by lexyclasy: 11:55am On Mar 15, 2022
Amotolongbo:

Fine girl with naughty ID, Omotolongbo

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Corpses Pile Up In Mykolaiv Morgue, Ukraine (Pictures) / Russia's President Putin Exposed To Coronavirus - BBC / 2500-Year-Old Intact & Sealed Coffins Discovered In Egypt (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.