Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

A Woman Unconsciously Answered Her Prayer And Claimed God Did - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Woman Unconsciously Answered Her Prayer And Claimed God Did (180 Views)

What God Did To My Friend When He Was About To Learn Yahoo-yahoo In A Cafe / 10 Times God Did The Impossible In The Bible / Nigerian Prophetess Claimed God Revealed Coronavirus To Her Long Time (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Woman Unconsciously Answered Her Prayer And Claimed God Did by justlove91(m): 10:36am On Mar 15, 2022
There has been alot of talks about the efficacy of prayer, and people hold different beliefs concerning the efficacy of prayer. People's belief can be grouped into 3 categories :
1. Prayer is always answered
2. Prayer is never answered
3. Sometimes it is answered, sometimes it is not.

This OP is not about the efficacy of prayer, it is about the narration of a woman I heard who believed God answered her prayer but listening to her made me believe it seems really likely that she answered her prayer and not God.

So, I was sitting outside watching movie on my phone, there is a woman sitting some distance from me, let's call her Mummy Iyanu (name changed), she is a "die by fire Christian". Few minutes later, her friend came to visit her, let's call her Mummy Obanijesu (name changed), she is also a die by fire Christian.

Mummy Obanijesu came to Mummy Iyanu to share a good news, she starts by confirming how their God is really a living God and that what just happened increased her faith much more that their God really answers prayers. Though I was watching my movie using ear piece, I can hear her clearly but she got my attention with that intro, so I paused my movie to be more attentive but still pretend to watch movie.

So, after the intro, Mummy Obanijesu said to Mummy Iyanu, I prayed to my God to send "them" away and guess what? "they" have finally moved away to another place.
So I asked myself who are "they"?

In the course of her narration I got to realize that the building beside her house was occupied by a couple and they're both traditional religion believers. So it is understandable that their mode of dressing, praying (preparing sacrifices and using incantation) would be demonic to her especially being a "die by fire Christian". So I got more interested in her narration, I was thinking "so she prayed quietly in the corner of her room for God to send them away and it happened, WOW" But Mummy Iyanu made a comment that demystified the whole mystery.

Mummy Iyanu said, Mummy Obanijesu you really tormented those people.

Hearing this comment, she laughed and remembered again with pleasure, how much she tormented those "devil worshippers"
Mummy Obanijesu narrated with joy (What follows is a summary of what she said)

Haha!! My friend, wherever they go and as long as they live they will never forget me, I made them to realize that light and darkness cannot leave side by side, do you know if the wife sees me coming she ran into the house? HaHa!! When they are saying their incantation in the morning worshiping the devil I go out, stand in front of their window and starts praying and singing "Kole sese ki Jesu joba kesu joba" (it's impossible for Jesus to be King and the devil to be King also), I also go to where they put their sacrifice (Ebo), pray over it and neutralize all the power of darkness it has.
My children will sometimes pity them and say, mummy live them alone, I tell them to shut up that darkness and light cannot co habit, do you know they don't do anything to me? They can't even do anything if they try because my God is bigger than the devil their God, they only tell me to leave them alone. I even went to report them to their landlord (remember they do not leave in the same building).
My friend, I really showed them the power of light over darkness Haha!!

After hearing all that, one thing became clear to me, at a point, the couple cannot tolerate her nasty behaviour anymore and they leave or the landlord sent the couple packing. It was not her God that answered her prayer, she unconsciously answered her own prayer through her nasty behaviour.

One thing that continues to baffle me is that though it was so glaring that it was her nasty behaviour that sent the couple packing, Mummy Iyanu was unable to see that obvious conclusion, she instead continues to praise the Lord for answering her friend's prayer.

Some of you may be wondering whether I said something to those two women to correct their impression on what actually happened.
No, I did not say anything, after they were done talking, Mummy Iyanu sees her friend off, I just played my movie and continue watching my movie (which by the way is the animated movie "Luca"wink
Reasons I said nothing
- The women are both "adults" in their 50s, so what would a guy like me that just came to the world yesterday know about the struggle between light and darkness?
- Mummy Iyanu is actually my mum's junior sister, so she may take it has an insult to her and her friend that I'm correcting them, adults know all, they are always right, what an elder sees sitting down, the youngsters cannot see even if they climb cocoa house.
- They will think I'm trying to say their God doesn't answer prayer, just like some readers will think this is about making mockery of prayer or disputing the efficacy of prayer.

1 Like

Re: A Woman Unconsciously Answered Her Prayer And Claimed God Did by justlove91(m): 11:50am On Mar 15, 2022
I forgot to add that Mummy Obanijesu told her friend that she even gave testimony in church, telling the congregation how God is faithful to His words and how light always overcome darkness. I'm fairly sure she wouldn't tell the congregation how she tormented the couple and make their life a living hell with her nasty behavior, always meddling with their affairs.
And this is what we should always realize that people often say their "miracle" but leave out the details (how it happened) which often times will explain the miracle without any Divine intervention.
We often read "God gave couple a child after 15 years of being childless"
The couple will not give the essential detail of how the woman went through a surgery to remove the block in her Fallopian tube or how she opted for invitro fertilisation.
We also read "A small kid is the only survival of a motor accident that claimed three lives"
But they also failed to tell us that when they got to the scene of the incident, the mother of the kid of found dead wrapped around the kid to protect him/her and thus took the hit for the kid. They praise God's love but failed to praise Mother's love.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A True Life Story / Body Odour / Conversation About Second Death.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.