Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died (50674 Views)

Say No To That Blood Transfusion!!! I Know Something That Can Help You. DM Now. / Lagos Govt, Jehovah’s Witnesses Clash Over Blood Transfusion For Baby (PHOTOS) / Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by NoToPile: 5:11pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:

The husband too is also a jehova witness but he didn't take the decision clearly cause he was semi conscious.

Since the guy is a Jehovah witness then he most likely had such beliefs and I belive the wife was upholding his beleiefs.

Technically she didn't do anything wrong IMO, it was also what the husband believed, but as we are Nigerians she should have told them but the husband will most likely not be okay with the Inlaws giving consent for blood transfusion.

As the title of your topic husband's /wives do take medical decisions for each other.

Haa lalasticlala has changed the title to another heading entirely, it's going to be an interesting ride.

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Klass99(f): 5:14pm On Mar 15, 2022
cool

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
I am afraid you have it twisted. I am not a defender of JWs, but instead one who defends an individual's right to believe as he or she sees fit, as long as it is not run counter to commonsense. undecided

Not everyone out there holds high what you consider your norms and traditions. We shouldn't all adopt the same beliefs. undecided
You are right.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:16pm On Mar 15, 2022
Klass99:

If OP wey dey in the middle of the drama, with back to back updates for the forum and is a friend to the deceased, no gree fight. Na me wan come fight? As what na? An aproko nairalander?
.... Hahahahahaha. Fear fear.I just dey joke.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Vlibray: 5:17pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
The woman was married to the man at the time of his death, so their is technically nothing wrong with what she did. undecided

Being in charge of the bills does not give one legal guardianship so the in-laws are wrong in assuming they should have been consulted on the matter. So the in-laws should probably work on accepting their loss and moving on from this. undecided
You are a fuckivg idiot

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Help2020: 5:17pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:
Should A Wife Be Allowed To Take A Big Decision Without Informing Her In-law?

Good afternoon everybody.i will make this short as possible.

A friend of mine just died in luth (cause of that was anemia). He was operated upon and they told his wife to get blood (2 r.o) for transfusion after the procedure but due to being a jehova witness she decided not to get the blood (jehova witness don't take blood,is against there faith).

She had a back and forth about the blood with the doctors and was asked to sign incase anything happen which she sign without the husband family knowledge....it was only her and her fellow jehova witness that took the decision.

He passed away this midnight, she called her in-law to inform them and I also got the information from the deceased younger brother.

On getting here the family found out the surgery was successful but he died of anemia, the doctors told them it was the wife decision not to get him blood against there prescriptions and infact she signed taking responsibility if anything happens.

A serious fight is happening here, the family are claiming she killed there son which I totally agree to as well.

So this my question, should a wife be allowed to take such a big decision without informing the husband family first.

Note; it was her in-laws that were paying the hospital bills.
where were the in-law when the question about blood transfusion was raised?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by cococandy(f): 5:17pm On Mar 15, 2022
Was he a Jehovah’s witness as well?
If yes then he probably already had that conversation with her and they agreed that neither of them or their kids would get blood under any circumstances

If he wasn’t a Jehovah’s Witness, then she’s wrong and the family can sue her for damages

Pecoleee345:

A friend of mine just died in luth (cause of that was anemia). He was operated upon and they told his wife to get blood (2 r.o) for transfusion after the procedure but due to being a jehova witness she decided not to get the blood (jehova witness don't take blood,is against there faith).

She had a back and forth about the blood with the doctors and was asked to sign incase anything happen which she sign without the husband family knowledge....it was only her and her fellow jehova witness that took the decision.

He passed away this midnight, she called her in-law to inform them and I also got the information from the deceased younger brother.

On getting here the family found out the surgery was successful but he died of anemia, the doctors told them it was the wife decision not to get him blood against there prescriptions and infact she signed taking responsibility if anything happens.

A serious fight is happening here, the family are claiming she killed there son which I totally agree to as well.

So this my question, should a wife be allowed to take such a big decision without informing the husband family first.

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:18pm On Mar 15, 2022
Palema007:
You are right.
... Hmmm. Are you sure she's right abi you don tire? grin

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by thatigboman1: 5:18pm On Mar 15, 2022
Op,if the reverse were the case, would u have asked same question?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by id4sho(m): 5:18pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:

Brother, ginger them let dem deal with her. She killed him ,tell her straight to her face. I dey vex

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Klass99(f): 5:18pm On Mar 15, 2022
cool
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 15, 2022
This is what BRAINWASHING does.
Persistently feeding one's brain with truckloads of unverifiable & unproven information, thereby instigating fear necessitating the person to withdraw questions for fear of being smitten is what leads to such nonsense!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by VULCAN(m): 5:19pm On Mar 15, 2022
This answer was so spot on that I had to scroll up to see who wrote it.

At first I was taken aback because the kobojunkie I know is always dropping illogicalities so this did not fit her MO..

On second look I realised that this is someone else who has added an extra "e" at the end.
Kobojunkiee:
The woman was married to the man at the time of his death, so their is technically nothing wrong with what she did. undecided

Being in charge of the bills does not give one legal guardianship so the in-laws are wrong in assuming they should have been consulted on the matter. So the in-laws should probably work on accepting their loss and moving on from this. undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Help2020: 5:19pm On Mar 15, 2022
longetivity:
That is how one Jehovah witness woman died one time in my area because she didn't go to the hospital for treatment when she was seriously sick. Bunch of ignorant mfs
One idiot spotted. Who told you Jehovah's witness don't go to hospital when sick? You've gotten your chance to display your assertive ignorance, make full use of it.

4 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Keneeby(m): 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:

You think you get sense. Very senseless. You should be avoided by everyone.
fooool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by lilyheaven: 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2022
If her husband is a witness, then she did no wrong,, it’s their belief

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by josite: 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:

They should leave the woman alone.rejecring blood transfusion is a Jehovah witness thing.thats why you should be mindful.of the docteines u have evidently subscribed to.

Besides the wife may already be tired of the hubby
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by joyandfaith: 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:

I have seen a number of patients who died even after blood transfusion. Full detail of disease and surgery need to be known. There is no doctor who can assure you if you collect blood, you would be fine.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by cococandy(f): 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:

The husband too is also a jehova witness but he didn't take the decision clearly cause he was semi conscious.

Oh so he was one too, well there’s nothing anyone can do about it.

Which leaves me to wonder, does the surgery team not go over this with the patient prior to surgery? There’s a place for the patient to sign before they go to surgery stating if they would like blood or not. And in case the need arises, they already know what to do based on the patient’s decision

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by DMerciful(m): 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2022
Always warped in your reasoning undecided
Kobojunkiee:
The woman was married to the man at the time of his death, so there is technically nothing wrong with what she did. undecided

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Help2020: 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Sadly, someone died and that is never easy to accept. undecided

Was the husband also a Jehovah's witness? undecided
definitely the husband was one.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by fredoooooo: 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2022
Wife reject blood for hubby , this is a pure murder case not even negligence

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Mooh247: 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2022
She must be charged to court for manslaughter, let an honourable judge give verdict wether she is guilty or not

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2022
A man who needs blood needs to be able to make the decision for himself, not his wife. Our use of medical ethics seem to be very poor in Nigeria. Poverty and out of pocket treatment seems to be a very big problem here
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by oluxy(m): 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
The woman was married to the man at the time of his death, so there is technically nothing wrong with what she did. undecided

You can do likewise as the woman. God save your soul.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2022
Brainwashed christian religious fanatical fools.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by GloriousGbola: 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2022
So where are the churches lawyers in all this? I would expect JW would provide the wife with legal representation. She will need it

9 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by edosignature(m): 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2022
Such a sad reality.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by ukbrown20(m): 5:23pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:

Mumu doctrine
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 5:23pm On Mar 15, 2022
oluxy:
You can do likewise as the woman. God save your soul.
God has absolutely nothing to do with any of this. She lived up to her and her husband's beliefs is all. undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:23pm On Mar 15, 2022
longetivity:
That is how one Jehovah witness woman died one time in my area because she didn't go to the hospital for treatment when she was seriously sick. Bunch of ignorant mfs

This has nothing to do with JW, this was the woman.

In fact they implored not forced members to get COVID-19 vaccine, and are the only religious organization worldwide yet to resume physical gathering.

That woman is to the extreme.

5 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by house10s2: 5:23pm On Mar 15, 2022
endsarrrs:
For the sake of peace. Science is god. God is supreme
u ended up saying nothing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Tramadol Is Killing My Friend. How Can We Help? / Miss Sahhara Undergoes Corrective Surgery / Woman All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery To Remove Huge Facial Tumour. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.